Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D4rkKnight

Real Name D4rkKnight   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 28, 2003, 01:15
Total Comments 812 (Graduate)
User ID 16595

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads
11. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 23, 2012, 13:58 D4rkKnight

iOS is carving out a bit of a hardcore rpg niche market - curious to see how this handles on the iPad.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Hitman: Absolution
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hitman: Absolution Nov 21, 2012, 16:32 D4rkKnight

I really liked this at first, even given its linearity - but the more I play it the less I like it. I'm 7 hours in and I don't feel like loading the game up to finish it anymore. Its essentially pushing me to make it to the next checkpoint door, not plan assassinations.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2012, 01:06 D4rkKnight

Buying a decent SSD and reinstalling it as a seperate OS partition would probably solve all of your problems - they keep getting cheaper.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 6, 2012, 12:19 D4rkKnight

BTW - if you have an .edu email prime is $40/year  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 4, 2012, 18:24 D4rkKnight

Could someone breakdown chivalry for me? Is it just a multiplayer flavor of mount and blade's combat or what?

Mount and blade Warband is multiplayer M&B...much better then the crap that is Chivalry and War of the Roses.

News Comments > GOG.com Announcements This Week
8. Re: GOG.com Announcements This Week Oct 16, 2012, 01:44 D4rkKnight

Jivaro wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 00:17:
Blackhawk wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 23:44:
No, you're not the only one. There are dozens of ways to get games. What made Good Old Games unique and appealing was that you could get so many really fantastic classic titles with patches (and frequently expansions) rolled in updated to run on modern systems for great prices. The Infinity Engine games, the two Might and Magic series, Blood, the Ultimas and so many others, and the prices were great. Nothing else compares to that, and with it becoming less of a priority for them, I fear the growth of their catalog of classics may start to slow.

Of course it will....sooner or later it has to slow down. I mean, there were only so many classics and they have already done the vast majority of them. To continue to be a profitable and stable business into the future they have to find a direction that can sustain them. They can't just rest on that one trick and call it a day, the well will run dry eventually. What they have decided to focus on is DRM free gaming...and I just don't see how anybody can complain about that. Obviously there are still a number of titles they can continue to pursue for their catalog, but not enough to run the business on that alone.

They haven't done the vast majority of them. There are easily 100's if not 1000's of more titles they could do. They have slowed down which is unfortunate but there is no shortage of old games for them to explore.

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 14, 2012, 19:15 D4rkKnight

Beelzebud wrote on Oct 14, 2012, 17:49:
Turn based strategy is clearly dead, and no one wants to play that type of game.

Also RTS, RPG, Adventure, Puzzle and Simulation games. Whats the point of making these types of games in a society that has clearly matured past them.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 9, 2012, 22:44 D4rkKnight

I tried it - too arcade for my tastes, even in simulation driving. The menus and presentation scream DIRT and the driving is more like NFS then Forza. It feels like its trying to emulate 5 different games and doing mediocre at all of them.  

News Comments > Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Announced
2. Re: Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Announced Oct 2, 2012, 13:58 D4rkKnight

Right as WotR starts shipping, nice timing  

News Comments > War of the Roses and A Game of Dwarves Next Month
2. Re: War of the Roses and A Game of Dwarves Next Month Sep 24, 2012, 17:38 D4rkKnight

And after 30 seconds in 1st person sword fighting you would never go back to it...  

News Comments > War of the Roses Trailer
3. Re: War of the Roses Trailer Sep 22, 2012, 15:41 D4rkKnight

There already is a great medieval warfare game, albeit not FPS...its called M&B Warband and it has a very healthy multiplayer community and is just goddamn fun.

News Comments > Sword of Fargoal 2 Kickstarter
2. Re: Sword of Fargoal 2 Kickstarter Sep 18, 2012, 21:54 D4rkKnight

It's a very simple roguelike, even the additions he plans on adding don't expand the game much. $50,000 for developing it - not counting sales? Gotta love kickstarters  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2012, 13:42 D4rkKnight

We have a Pepsi (and Mtn Dew) throwback vending machine at my college and its been going strong for a few years now.  

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Free DLC Released
1. Re: Max Payne 3 Free DLC Released Aug 28, 2012, 20:19 D4rkKnight

GTA4 Complete & Max Payne 3 together for $25 digital copies from amazon with choice of steam copy too (Tested and works, activated both on steam):

Link

This is for today only!

16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2012, 13:25 D4rkKnight

I'm pretty sure this is for everyone even though I get the advertisement as a student account:

GTA4 Complete & Max Payne 3 together for $25 digital copies from amazon with choice of steam copy too:

Link

This is for today only!

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Launches
43. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launches Aug 28, 2012, 12:42 D4rkKnight

Is this like GW1 with its generic loot that keeps everyone on the same playing field?

I felt like the game was holding my hand trying to avoid making any major loot changes that could cause balance issues with other players, so everyone gets the same generic shit.

This changed a bit with the EotN expansion - but I'm wondering if its back to GW1 original style where loot is pretty much meaningless

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2012, 19:09 D4rkKnight

GFWL is not behaving properly - it is still very much a piece of shit and is my biggest complaint. I have trouble summoning people because of it and getting it up and running (I run a local account for GTA4 so it was a pain to do account switching for online) was annoying as hell.

Besides that - port works great for me on my ps3 controller. The graphics are so sharp now, I own it on PS3 as well and I could not even play it on that console because it is so blurry.

Also GFWL client refuses to quit sometimes - have to kill the process after the game shuts down, and it keeps seperate resident processes in memory (WLIDSVC and its counterpart) at all times to stay "online". Nobody should be defending this shit.

News Comments > Dark Souls Resolution Hack
32. Re: Dark Souls Resolution Hack Aug 25, 2012, 14:28 D4rkKnight

Version 0.4 is out - fixes DoF. Game looks phenomenal btw - much better then its console counterparts  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition
11. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition Aug 24, 2012, 00:49 D4rkKnight

Fair warning, the game requires a gamepad, use an xbox or ps3 controller. Again - REQUIRES A GAMEPAD - it shouldn't even work without one but they were stupid enough to half ass it and let you try.

I'm not saying it couldn't be done great in K&M, plenty of other games show it could. Fact is, it doesn't work that way atm - don't torture yourself trying.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition
9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition Aug 24, 2012, 00:26 D4rkKnight

I'm not having any issues with the HD fix installed - of course the messages cant be read but hes working on that and luckily I know the game so they don't matter much.

Runs smooth so far, everyone wants to see the "blighttown test", so that will be interesting, but so far no problems with performance and the controls work great with ps3 controller.

812 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo