Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D4rkKnight

Real Name D4rkKnight   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 28, 2003, 01:15
Total Comments 803 (Graduate)
User ID 16595

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > New Half-Life 2 Movie
4. Steam Jul 31, 2003, 01:21 D4rkKnight

Even at its full marketed potential, its not that special.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Movies - More Half-Life 2
13. No subject Jul 17, 2003, 19:26 D4rkKnight

amazing video, when will valve stop taunting us with this stuff.

News Comments > Steam Beta Opens
60. Re: post #4 (quoted herein) Jul 14, 2003, 18:26 D4rkKnight

Who cares if they are making more money from this, that just means more valve games. The point is, we are still paying less, and I see enough advertisement in my life already, another pop up ad here or there isnt going to kill me if I save money on the purchase AND get it before it hits stores.

We already know that the video game industry has, for the most part, turned from making good games for people who love them, into making a profit as fast as possible. If I had to choose a company thats going to be making a large sum of that profit, it would be the makers of Half-Life. At least they know how to put that money to good use, unlike other companys *cough* EA *cough*

News Comments > Halo PC Q&A
72. No subject Jul 10, 2003, 18:55 D4rkKnight

Fletch is my new idol! When I turn 13 I want to be just like him!

Oh wait....*sigh* too late

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. No subject Jul 10, 2003, 02:13 D4rkKnight

Microsoft thrives on others inventions. Of course we have alot to owe to the original founders, but nowadays, they are so rich why bother comming up with new ideas? Let others do it, then buy it off them and market it.

News Comments > Thief 3 Q&A
14. No subject Jul 9, 2003, 02:49 D4rkKnight

Didnt Ion Storm make that horrible Diakatana game or something? Oh god it was so bad I remember throwing the box out side and letting my dogs tear it to shreds.

I guess I did kinda get my moneys worth outa that.

News Comments > New Half-Life Battle Grounds
1. No subject Jul 8, 2003, 15:39 D4rkKnight

I've never heard of this mod, is it any good?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. No subject Jul 7, 2003, 02:48 D4rkKnight

When gays unite....

21. No subject Jul 6, 2003, 21:17 D4rkKnight

And no I dont agree with the Turkey idea...regardless, he's right about the Eagle. Like I said I wrote a report on this bird, thinking it was the "majestic predator" you said they were.

20. Re: Bald Eagle Jul 6, 2003, 21:13 D4rkKnight

Uhh, Bald Eagle is a scavenger. That means they steal food from other species that have already killed it. Only occasionally (like when it cant find enough to steal) it will kill its prey.

heres a quote from B Franklin that basically summerizes what a Bald Eagle is:

I wish that the bald eagle had not been chosen as the representative of our country, he is a bird of bad moral character, he does not get his living honestly, you may have seen him perched on some dead tree, where, too lazy to fish for himself, he watches the labor of the fishing-hawk, and when that diligent bird has at length taken a fish, and is bearing it to its nest for the support of his mate and young ones, the bald eagle pursues him and takes it from him.... Besides he is a rank coward; the little kingbird, not bigger than a sparrow attacks him boldly and drives him out of the district. He is therefore by no means a proper emblem for the brave and honest. . . of America.. . . For a truth, the turkey is in comparison a much more respectable bird, and withal a true original native of America . . . a bird of courage, and would not hesitate to attack a grenadier of the British guards, who should presume to invade his farmyard with a red coat on.

6. No subject Jul 6, 2003, 15:53 D4rkKnight

I had to do some report on Bald Eagles a few years back. Apparently they had fixed the stuff killing most of them (some chemical) and they are rapidly returning to their normal #'s. Last I heard they had been removed from endangered awhile back, and were put on threatened.

So hey maybe seeing them nowadays wont be as rare as it once was.

But they are pussy birds anyways, they look cool, but if anyone does any research on them, it makes you wonder why they were chosen as the national emblem.

News Comments > More on Galaxies
39. Re: No subject Jun 29, 2003, 03:29 D4rkKnight

AO might be good now, I heard as much, but thats not my point.

Its considered the lowest of the low of all MMORPG's by lots of MMORPG players because of their launch, and THATS what I hope happens to SWG.

35. No subject Jun 28, 2003, 18:28 D4rkKnight

The dev team is being nice because they knew this would happen. They have probably been prepared for this for awhile now, ever since sony told them to ship it out when it wasnt ready. Ask any beta player, it doesnt take a genius to figure out this game was UNFINISHED, and this isnt a new trend in MMORPG's. They think they can get away with these works in progress because its an evolving game, but the truth it, they shouldnt be able to, and in AO's case, they didnt. Hopefully SWG will suffer AO's fate, it deserves as much.

No dont blame the dev's, I dont believe they have much say in the matter of when the game is shipped out, blame greedy Sony. Another company along the lines of EA who could care less if they deliver truckloads of BS to their fans, cause they know their high budget flashy games will sell well regardless.

Mistakes in that past always come back to haunt you in the future.

32. Sony = BS Jun 28, 2003, 14:58 D4rkKnight

How can you say no review counts? They released this game in this state, and they KNEW this would happen. Its not a surprise that its going to get the bad grades that it deserves, they charge premium prices to play, and $49.99 just to buy the cd's. This is asking to be judged on an elitist scale, and they dont even pass the decent scale.

No, there are no excuses for this game, they knew the state it was in, they are a RICH company, and they have plenty of money to throw around, and not only all that, they also charge premium prices out of the box, for something that doesnt do what it was advertised to do.

ANY review giving this game a sh*t score is valid, and this game deserves every single bit of bad criticism comming, in fact, I hope this puts a huge dent on Sony.

They shouldnt be making MMORPG's anyways, they didnt make everquest but they claim all rights to it because money gave them the property. Well, looks like money couldnt save them this time.

5. No subject Jun 27, 2003, 22:36 D4rkKnight

I love this, this is the end of the review of SWG from The Guru of 3D site:

"On a side note, I feel I need to say the following. I became a part time game reviewer for one reason and one reason only. I want my readers to be able to trust what I say, and know I am not some fly by the night pay off junky writing reviews based on how much ad space was bought that month. You will get the nitty, the gritty, and the utter and complete unbiased truth. This is exactly what you got with this review. Will Star Wars Galaxies ever be a good game? Quite possibly yes. I would imagine that in about 6 months it would be quite a good experience. But I am tired of watching people spend thier hard earned cash on making it that game, paying companies to do what they should have done before their title went gold. The buck needs to stop somewhere, and it is YOUR responsibility, the gamer, to make sure we speak with our wallets to let SOE know that this type of business practice is unacceptable. MMOG's continuity shouldn't give publishing companies free reign to release a title anytime they want and misappropriating your funds to finish something you already paid for when you paid $49.99 for the box. This game is exactly that at the moment. My advice is to not fall into the trap of paying for the game as hyped 6 times over with subscriptions. Let them fund this one on their own. In 6 months, I'll check it out again and see what improvements were made, if any, that warrant a purchase. " - Mike Nelson

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies Launches
85. Re: This thread.. Jun 26, 2003, 23:47 D4rkKnight

>> don't have the time for this puppy. At least not until the client is free for a trial.

That wont happen for a looooong time

News Comments > More NVIDIA vs. Futuremark
10. No subject May 23, 2003, 18:33 D4rkKnight

Well, this is America after all, A lawsuit solves everything!

I can just smell it comming

News Comments > Carmack on DOOM 3
76. No subject May 16, 2003, 01:52 D4rkKnight

Hey! Leave Pacman out of this!

68. No subject May 15, 2003, 23:35 D4rkKnight

Just a comment on the 80+hour games suck topic. You dont have to play them for 80 hours straight, the fact that you hate them so much shows that you have a low attention span, not that you have a life/job/not enough time. You arnt required to play for longer periods of time at any given point then say Grand Theft Auto.

Course this is for computer RPGS (Specifically lets say BG2, well over 70 hours in that) Console RPG's are different.

37. No subject May 15, 2003, 15:04 D4rkKnight

I cant believe you just compared HL2 to lethal weapon

803 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo