Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D4rkKnight

Real Name D4rkKnight   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 28, 2003, 01:15
Total Comments 821 (Graduate)
User ID 16595

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > No Win98 DOOM 3
57. No subject Jul 28, 2004, 00:07 D4rkKnight

[i]The sole reason I originally upgraded to XP was to get rid of the BSoD every 5 minutes with 98.[/i]

Yep, XP is 1000 times more stable then 98, havnt had a windows crash in about...6 months.

The comp still crashes for sure, though now its from other things like unpatched games that hate your computer.

Theres really no sound arguement that can be made about 98 being better then XP...its simply not true, XP is a much better piece of software then 98 ever was.

Go buy yourself another stick of ram, and install XP. You will thank yourself later.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On DOOM 3 Settings
19. No subject Jul 26, 2004, 16:34 D4rkKnight

You wont be told that nowadays...maybe a few years ago, but 1gig of ram is standard for gamers.

News Comments > BG3 & NWN News Soon?
13. No subject Jul 23, 2004, 02:41 D4rkKnight

" Especially the fact that you couldn't really link different servers together with persistant characters"

I've seen this done on a number of servers.

News Comments > BG3 & NWN News Soon?
1. Re: PURE CRAP Jul 22, 2004, 21:05 D4rkKnight

Why would anyone make NWN 2 when Dragon Age is being developed as we speak.

Its like making a clone that will NEVER be as good as Bioware's title. Why doom yourself to failure?

News Comments > Vrenna Scores DOOM 3
55. No subject Jul 22, 2004, 16:28 D4rkKnight

"dramatic storyline"

I wonder what Carmack is thinking when he see's people talking about Doom 3's dramatic and awe-inspiring storyline?

Seriously, stop the bullshit!

News Comments > DOOM 3 Benchmarks
37. Re: I don't beleive it Jul 22, 2004, 03:37 D4rkKnight

Classic

News Comments > Artifact in Chapter 11
5. Re: JF5, hehehehe.... Jul 20, 2004, 00:52 D4rkKnight

They did not deliver on their game, not on its release, not even now. It shows that you cannot make a crappy MMORPG's now-a-days and expect to survive...well this company along with all those other's that are failing

The market has been saturated, and now its shrinking back down, hopefully companies will stop trying to make these stupid games, and concentrate on real games.

Thats not to say MMORPG's are bad. They are fun time-sinks, but require too much development and money for these new or inexperienced companies to be successful at creating them, and its beginning to show.

Plus I think we can attribute lack of good PC games to some of them. Too much time wasted developing this crap instead of focusing on something smaller in a single player form that could have been great.

News Comments > Derek Smart and Freespace 3?
41. Re: No subject Jul 15, 2004, 21:31 D4rkKnight

he did happen to have alot of people supporting him and defending him over there, those people must be out of their minds

Probably from his BC forums...where he has brainwashed them into his bidding servants (By giving them l33t BC forum powers) who wander around random forums defending Derek to the death!

News Comments > Camelot Calling
9. No subject Jun 30, 2004, 21:19 D4rkKnight

"They know people are starting to cancel even more with NF out."

Actually I find that there are alot more people now then ever before.

News Comments > DAoC Platinum Edition
9. No subject Jun 30, 2004, 00:50 D4rkKnight

"There were PvP servers that ran based on either lighty or darkie or neutral (no different than DAoC's RvR in a lot of ways) in EQ."

Thank you for responding with that, I was waiting for someone to try and compare the two.

I did play on these servers, I played on sullon zek I believe it was called, which was the evil vs good vs neutral server.

You have the audacity to compare that cookie cutter PvP where there was minimal to no rewards offered towards players for success, to DAoC's RvR system? You have got to be joking me.

In DAoC you have frontiers where armies compete to take keeps, and their corrasponding towers, you have siege warfare and multiple strategies available to you to attack a location to try and hold your supply lines together so you can re-inforce your position with troops. You have various rewards like +exp bonus or +crafting bonus or +power regen, you have RP's which in turn earn you Realm Abilities to further your characters, you have Darkness Falls, which becomes available to you if you are dominating in the RvR battlefields, you have ALL these bonus' that become available to the players for participating in RvR, and what does EQ's PVP servers offer their players? Please, explain to me, in detail, what EQ offers.

In EQ's PvP servers, you had a buncha people running around slaughtering each other for "points", it was hardly a RvR system, it wasnt even a very well thought out PvP system, it was added years after release with the only intention of shutting up the fans who kept requesting such a feature. It has minimal thought put into it, and to this day it would barely even compare to DAoC's RvR system when it was in ALPHA STAGE!

There was no territorial capture points, no keeps, no progressive accomplishments to be had, how can you even begin to try to compare the two?

Please feel free to inform me of the many many features of EQ's PvP system, I would love to hear them.

News Comments > DAoC Platinum Edition
6. No subject Jun 29, 2004, 20:43 D4rkKnight

"Post TOA/NF the game is nothing more than a reworked/rewrapped EQ"

Its called RvR, and its the most entertaining aspect of DAoC, on top of the PvE that it shares with EQ.

Tell me, where is the RvR in EQ? Thats what I thought.

News Comments > TRIBES Vengeance Beta Registration
14. No subject Jun 9, 2004, 05:08 D4rkKnight

I got that message, and tried submitting again, worked fine the second time.

News Comments > UT2004 CarBall
2. No subject Jun 8, 2004, 05:19 D4rkKnight

Make it stop!!

News Comments > New UT2004 Troopers
1. No subject Jun 7, 2004, 21:37 D4rkKnight

Fun mod, altough it only takes 3-4 shots to kill someone so it can be very frustrating if your not good at FPS's.

The space fighting is...iffy, its not bad, but its not good either. Its enjoyable for awhile, but after the novelty wears off you realize how shallow it is.

The actual fighting is where the fun is at, dont expect a tactical star wars shooter though, its very fast action with lots of killing and standard UT stuff.

News Comments > Snowblind Unveiled
6. No subject May 23, 2004, 17:19 D4rkKnight

New FPS! As if we dont have enough already...

News Comments > UT2004 CarBall
4. Re: No subject May 22, 2004, 16:39 D4rkKnight

Uh...Have you ever played Unreal games before?

You just double click the file man, its a UMOD...

News Comments > More on KOTOR II
20. No subject May 10, 2004, 03:38 D4rkKnight

I played and beat PS:T as a mage, was fun as hell.

News Comments > Sunday Q&As
4. Re: SWEEEETTTT May 9, 2004, 19:30 D4rkKnight

Go...play...now!

Its well worth the $40 or so it costs.

News Comments > BioWare: Dragon Age & The Witcher Revealed
19. No subject May 9, 2004, 18:06 D4rkKnight

NWN was not a disaster, The OC was bad yes, but the expansions are very fun, and Adam Millers Dreamcatcher/Shadowlords campaign is so good you would think your playing a professional Bioware RPG game.

Rick Burton's Paladin series is incredible, Stefan Gagne has made some damn good modules as well, and on top of this you have DL adventures and the Planescape Torment remake, City of Doors Initiative still on the way...NWN is a game that will evolve longer then any game in history.

NWN was meant to succeed through User content, and it has, in fact it has SO much user content I think it has surpassed Biowares original plans.

This comment was edited on May 9, 18:08.

News Comments > Papyrus Closed?
17. No subject May 9, 2004, 16:09 D4rkKnight

Actually it is a really solid racing game with great physics and an emphasis on realism that surpasses most racing games ever created.

Sure its not everyones cup of tea, but to call it a horrid game is just acting ignorant.

This comment was edited on May 9, 16:16.

821 Comments. 42 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo