Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D4rkKnight

Real Name D4rkKnight   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 28, 2003, 01:15
Total Comments 813 (Graduate)
User ID 16595

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Camelot Calling
9. No subject Jun 30, 2004, 21:19 D4rkKnight

"They know people are starting to cancel even more with NF out."

Actually I find that there are alot more people now then ever before.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DAoC Platinum Edition
9. No subject Jun 30, 2004, 00:50 D4rkKnight

"There were PvP servers that ran based on either lighty or darkie or neutral (no different than DAoC's RvR in a lot of ways) in EQ."

Thank you for responding with that, I was waiting for someone to try and compare the two.

I did play on these servers, I played on sullon zek I believe it was called, which was the evil vs good vs neutral server.

You have the audacity to compare that cookie cutter PvP where there was minimal to no rewards offered towards players for success, to DAoC's RvR system? You have got to be joking me.

In DAoC you have frontiers where armies compete to take keeps, and their corrasponding towers, you have siege warfare and multiple strategies available to you to attack a location to try and hold your supply lines together so you can re-inforce your position with troops. You have various rewards like +exp bonus or +crafting bonus or +power regen, you have RP's which in turn earn you Realm Abilities to further your characters, you have Darkness Falls, which becomes available to you if you are dominating in the RvR battlefields, you have ALL these bonus' that become available to the players for participating in RvR, and what does EQ's PVP servers offer their players? Please, explain to me, in detail, what EQ offers.

In EQ's PvP servers, you had a buncha people running around slaughtering each other for "points", it was hardly a RvR system, it wasnt even a very well thought out PvP system, it was added years after release with the only intention of shutting up the fans who kept requesting such a feature. It has minimal thought put into it, and to this day it would barely even compare to DAoC's RvR system when it was in ALPHA STAGE!

There was no territorial capture points, no keeps, no progressive accomplishments to be had, how can you even begin to try to compare the two?

Please feel free to inform me of the many many features of EQ's PvP system, I would love to hear them.

News Comments > DAoC Platinum Edition
6. No subject Jun 29, 2004, 20:43 D4rkKnight

"Post TOA/NF the game is nothing more than a reworked/rewrapped EQ"

Its called RvR, and its the most entertaining aspect of DAoC, on top of the PvE that it shares with EQ.

Tell me, where is the RvR in EQ? Thats what I thought.

News Comments > TRIBES Vengeance Beta Registration
14. No subject Jun 9, 2004, 05:08 D4rkKnight

I got that message, and tried submitting again, worked fine the second time.

News Comments > UT2004 CarBall
2. No subject Jun 8, 2004, 05:19 D4rkKnight

Make it stop!!

News Comments > New UT2004 Troopers
1. No subject Jun 7, 2004, 21:37 D4rkKnight

Fun mod, altough it only takes 3-4 shots to kill someone so it can be very frustrating if your not good at FPS's.

The space fighting is...iffy, its not bad, but its not good either. Its enjoyable for awhile, but after the novelty wears off you realize how shallow it is.

The actual fighting is where the fun is at, dont expect a tactical star wars shooter though, its very fast action with lots of killing and standard UT stuff.

News Comments > Snowblind Unveiled
6. No subject May 23, 2004, 17:19 D4rkKnight

New FPS! As if we dont have enough already...

News Comments > UT2004 CarBall
4. Re: No subject May 22, 2004, 16:39 D4rkKnight

Uh...Have you ever played Unreal games before?

You just double click the file man, its a UMOD...

News Comments > More on KOTOR II
20. No subject May 10, 2004, 03:38 D4rkKnight

I played and beat PS:T as a mage, was fun as hell.

News Comments > Sunday Q&As
4. Re: SWEEEETTTT May 9, 2004, 19:30 D4rkKnight

Go...play...now!

Its well worth the $40 or so it costs.

News Comments > BioWare: Dragon Age & The Witcher Revealed
19. No subject May 9, 2004, 18:06 D4rkKnight

NWN was not a disaster, The OC was bad yes, but the expansions are very fun, and Adam Millers Dreamcatcher/Shadowlords campaign is so good you would think your playing a professional Bioware RPG game.

Rick Burton's Paladin series is incredible, Stefan Gagne has made some damn good modules as well, and on top of this you have DL adventures and the Planescape Torment remake, City of Doors Initiative still on the way...NWN is a game that will evolve longer then any game in history.

NWN was meant to succeed through User content, and it has, in fact it has SO much user content I think it has surpassed Biowares original plans.

This comment was edited on May 9, 18:08.

News Comments > Papyrus Closed?
17. No subject May 9, 2004, 16:09 D4rkKnight

Actually it is a really solid racing game with great physics and an emphasis on realism that surpasses most racing games ever created.

Sure its not everyones cup of tea, but to call it a horrid game is just acting ignorant.

This comment was edited on May 9, 16:16.

News Comments > Papyrus Closed?
13. Re: Man. Belgians. Whatever. May 9, 2004, 01:48 D4rkKnight

Yeah the nascar games are top notch, one minor mistake in your driving and bam you crash and they have some spectacular crash's in that game.

Its also fun to try and get the worst crash possible, then you get to watch it over again with replay

News Comments > New World Order Patch
17. No subject May 6, 2004, 21:44 D4rkKnight

Theres quite a difference between an amazing masterpiece of a game with a few bugs and a game that was obviously a half-assed attempt at making money off the Counterstrike fiasco of the time. I cant believe your comparing this game to Half-Life...

You gotta stop using this publisher excuse, the publisher didnt create the game, they just shipped it. Sure they are no better then the dev's and they are certainly a huge aspect in games being shipped before they are done, but this game was far from done, it was like playing an alpha version, and an early one at that.

Whats the #1 sin in Gaming? Releasing a product that is incomplete, with features that either dont exist or dont work. You can be completely new to making games, or a veteran, either way you KNOW if your game sucks, and I have no respect for any company that decides to release something in that state.
This comment was edited on May 6, 21:51.

News Comments > New World Order Patch
15. No subject May 6, 2004, 20:49 D4rkKnight

Wow, dont know how to respond to something like that...lol

Shacka give it up, no self-respecting person would ever defend a game like this, reading what you just typed was...interesting to say the least, but you will never be able to defend a game like this without resorting to "You suck because" comments...theres nothing to defend here, and you just make yourself look bad.

Is it right to be so harsh to a game developer, even when they are patching it (Long after release)? In this case, yes...they blatently cheated consumers out of their money, and lied to them. It should be a crime to release a game in the state this one was in (I'm serious too, I wish it WAS a crime, I would LOVE to see them get a hefty fine for something like that), its practically the same as stealing money from someone.

The Dev's knew what they had was a pile of shit, but did that stop them from putting it on store shelves? It SHOULD have, but obviously it did not, they deserve every bit of criticism and flaming they get, unfortunatly that will never be enough.

This comment was edited on May 6, 20:54.

News Comments > More on KOTOR II
10. No subject May 5, 2004, 05:36 D4rkKnight

"Planetscape - "

Thats one way to get all gamers to hate your guts real fast

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. No subject May 4, 2004, 19:40 D4rkKnight

His voice gets better later on, I think he learned that he sounded like a total moron.

Anyways its a very hard game, I would recommend playing on action or easy mode, espiecially if you havnt played the first game...expect to reload ALOT, as this is a hardcore rpg.

News Comments > TRIBES & TRIBES II Free
16. No subject May 4, 2004, 19:36 D4rkKnight

Didnt know you could find arguements against free games, ah people never cease to amaze me

This comment was edited on May 4, 19:37.

News Comments > Battlefield Vietnam Patch Status
2. No subject Apr 30, 2004, 15:23 D4rkKnight

"M60 removed from the LAW kit and replaced with M14"

Jeez its ABOUT time.

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 15:24.

News Comments > English Beyond Divinity Patch
3. No subject Apr 29, 2004, 01:10 D4rkKnight

Ive been reading on the official forums, and almost everyone is saying stores are reporting Thursday they will have it.

My EB where I live said Thursday as well.

This comment was edited on Apr 29, 01:12.

813 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo