Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D4rkKnight

Real Name D4rkKnight   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 28, 2003, 01:15
Total Comments 817 (Graduate)
User ID 16595

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Source Beta Update
4. No subject Aug 9, 2004, 23:47 D4rkKnight

Lets say I buy a coupon on ebay for the 30 or so bucks, I can get HL2 download when it comes out, and still play this in beta, am I correct in saying this?

Seems like a win-win situation...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > AC Expansion Title, Details
5. No subject Aug 8, 2004, 20:49 D4rkKnight

Really? I briefly played the open beta because my system at the time couldn't handle it. So, I never really got to check the game out. What would it be like for a total newbie to start now? Is everyone just way too advanced, therefore leaving me noone to group with? Do I even need to group?

This is AC1, a much better game then AC2 ever was.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
31. Re: Penis removal Aug 8, 2004, 19:59 D4rkKnight

The guy is 70 years old, I doubt he used it much.

News Comments > ATI Beta DOOM 3 Drivers
42. No subject Aug 4, 2004, 02:19 D4rkKnight

If you have heat problems, this game will let you know.

This game is very sensitive to artifacting when your card overheats, or even gets high on the temp scale.

This might be ATI exclusive though, as I'm running a AIW9800Pro.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Midnight Madness
45. No subject Aug 2, 2004, 17:29 D4rkKnight

The only problem with this game is that I've played through about 12 levels so far and its all still exactly the same as level 1.

Nothing has changed except the monsters and guns. The levels are practically exact replicas of everything else.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Previews
115. No subject Aug 2, 2004, 04:51 D4rkKnight

And Btw, on graphics, bump-mapping is a great technology, but it lacks substance close up, you can tell the whole thing is just an illusion of depth.

This is the problem with games that use it excessively.

Edit: Of depth not or depth :/

This comment was edited on Aug 2, 04:51.

114. No subject Aug 2, 2004, 04:47 D4rkKnight

Yeah its very addictive gameplay. Those flying things are fucking awesome, and the thing they shoot distorts the space around it and look really sweet.

I'm starting to get to the hell areas, and the game is becomming more psychological and just...wierd and sadistic.

The action is intense and I love it, altough I dislike the little spider things when i'm forced to fight like 15 at once comming from all angles...OMG ENOUGH SPIDERS FOR CHRIST SAKES!

Playing on moderate difficulty (Or whatever the middle one is).
This comment was edited on Aug 2, 04:48.

90. No subject Aug 2, 2004, 02:50 D4rkKnight

Since you guys obviously missed it...see the link. You can play Ultra Quality even on a 128mb card. Granted its a big loss in framerate...but I was messing around for awhile on Ultra. Honestly you arent going to notice a huge difference between High and Ultra.

Yeah I turned ultra on with my 9800pro and there wasnt a huge framerate difference so much as periodic freezing whenever entering a new room. Guess my card doesnt have the memory to handle all that stuff.

BUT I couldnt notice ANY noticable difference in graphic quality on Ultra in comparison to High.

49. No subject Aug 1, 2004, 23:06 D4rkKnight

I love how the weblinks in the game actually work when you surf to them.

Nice of ID to create those webpages just for added effect

News Comments > Game Movies
3. No subject Jul 29, 2004, 16:50 D4rkKnight

Retarded!

News Comments > UT 2004 Editor's Choice Edition
22. No subject Jul 29, 2004, 16:39 D4rkKnight

Frag Ops Owns!

News Comments > No Win98 DOOM 3
136. Re: Go easy on us Jul 28, 2004, 04:39 D4rkKnight

A lot of the people spewing vitriol are probably just like me in that they just want to play a game on the OS they paid good money for. But once we upgrade, (and we will, sooner or later) this becomes a non-issue and soon we get back to the business of playing games.

Wouldnt be surprised if 75% or more of these guys who refuse to switch would bitch that 98 was horrible once they eventually did....

buncha hypocrites on the internet.

I'm right until the next trend tells me to say otherwise!

135. Re: good riddance ! Jul 28, 2004, 04:35 D4rkKnight

This really heartening to hear because this is exaclty what I've been thinking of doing for a long time now. If this is true, it sure would make my life easier. And I would feel alot better about ditching the old standby, '98!

XP runs like 99% of all games...it has problems with very old 98 or 95 games, and obviously dos games.

If the game is 1998+ it probably works on XP.

Where does it say XP has problems running games? XP is what dev's are looking at most when developing their games...

81. No subject Jul 28, 2004, 01:23 D4rkKnight

And true gamers do not dual boot 98. True gamers have a 486 DX/2 or a Pentium 90 laying around to play the classics

I wish man...my brother sold my 486 DX2/100 computer without even telling me, that was quite possibly the best machine I ever had.

76. Re: What a Moron... Jul 28, 2004, 01:17 D4rkKnight

My first PC was a tandy 1000, been working up since that...

That doesnt change the fact that I still dont believe you've never had even one BSoD, unless your using it for only documents and such theres no way thats possible. Win98 was inherently unstable. If you kept uptimes of more then a few days the system would rapidly decline in perfomance, and you would see even more likelyhood of a BSoD.

This isnt so on XP, you can leave it on for weeks and never notice any decline in the processing.

Very nice title you chose there...

This comment was edited on Jul 28, 01:17.

60. No subject Jul 28, 2004, 00:15 D4rkKnight

If you want Win98 that badly, boot up a dual OS of XP AND 98...then you can play doom 3 and still get your BSOD at the same time!

Oh and btw, anyone who says they have used 98 for 6 years and never had even one BSOD is either lying, or you never installed one program besides windows itself.

98 gives BSOD's, its inevitable, 6 years without ONE BSOD? You have a wild imagination man...

57. No subject Jul 28, 2004, 00:07 D4rkKnight

[i]The sole reason I originally upgraded to XP was to get rid of the BSoD every 5 minutes with 98.[/i]

Yep, XP is 1000 times more stable then 98, havnt had a windows crash in about...6 months.

The comp still crashes for sure, though now its from other things like unpatched games that hate your computer.

Theres really no sound arguement that can be made about 98 being better then XP...its simply not true, XP is a much better piece of software then 98 ever was.

Go buy yourself another stick of ram, and install XP. You will thank yourself later.

News Comments > On DOOM 3 Settings
19. No subject Jul 26, 2004, 16:34 D4rkKnight

You wont be told that nowadays...maybe a few years ago, but 1gig of ram is standard for gamers.

News Comments > BG3 & NWN News Soon?
13. No subject Jul 23, 2004, 02:41 D4rkKnight

" Especially the fact that you couldn't really link different servers together with persistant characters"

I've seen this done on a number of servers.

News Comments > BG3 & NWN News Soon?
1. Re: PURE CRAP Jul 22, 2004, 21:05 D4rkKnight

Why would anyone make NWN 2 when Dragon Age is being developed as we speak.

Its like making a clone that will NEVER be as good as Bioware's title. Why doom yourself to failure?

817 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo