Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D4rkKnight

Real Name D4rkKnight   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 28, 2003, 01:15
Total Comments 811 (Graduate)
User ID 16595

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Screenshots
37. Re: HL2= yawn Oct 4, 2004, 02:39 D4rkKnight

Cheap gimmicks like the grav gun (not unprecedented (see D3's flashlight).

How exactly do these two compare?

This comment was edited on Oct 4, 02:41.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 3DMark05 Released
32. No subject Sep 29, 2004, 15:53 D4rkKnight

Yeah they have gotten more stingy on registration.

News Comments > 3DMark05 Released
27. No subject Sep 29, 2004, 14:53 D4rkKnight

The X800 owns the 6800 in this, biig time.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Star Wars Battlefront
60. Re: After further play Sep 21, 2004, 21:21 D4rkKnight

Vehicles are very powerfull even in online mode, much more powerfull then say a tank in BF1942, because you have multiple shots that insta kill and have a large blast radius, you can kill 10-20 troops in a matter of seconds.

News Comments > Valve versus Sierra
79. Re: No subject Sep 20, 2004, 16:25 D4rkKnight

So is VU going to hold back release for this court decision? Whats stopping them from doing that?

News Comments > Valve versus Sierra
67. No subject Sep 20, 2004, 15:12 D4rkKnight

Publishers are the core of 90% of PC game problems, unfortunatly online dist. cant replace the actual product that you buy in the store, because alot of people just want the box and pyshical copy.

I doubt the courts are going to force valve to make their next game with sierra, that would be absurb, so we can probably assume that after HL2 Valve is done with Sierra, and we can count that as a win for consumers.

Unless of course they decide to sign up with EA or something

News Comments > WoW Collectors Edition
36. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2004, 02:44 D4rkKnight

Yeah I enjoyed the hell outa Stress, I played a rogue up to level 24 and cant wait to start up on final. I would be willing to pay blizz 15/month just to play beta, its more polished at this stage then any other MMORPG I've seen, and its still in beta!

News Comments > WoW Testing Sign-ups Open
5. No subject Aug 29, 2004, 02:37 D4rkKnight

They probably want to get it going because alot of people thought FP was signup and play immediatly, thats basically what it said on the website, those people are now pissed on alot of forums.

News Comments > SpellForce Gold Edition
6. No subject Aug 27, 2004, 18:30 D4rkKnight

Thats kinda shady, release a gold pack but no seperate expansion release?

I say go get it for free if you want, they try to fuck you over so fuck them over.

News Comments > WoW FilePlanet Stress Test
40. No subject Aug 27, 2004, 18:13 D4rkKnight

I played SWG free trial, wow that game is stale in comparison to other MMO's, even UO beats that and that games so old. I ran around this huge city that felt so empty, then went out on my speeder bike and roamed the land...that land is empty and ugly...you come to player owned cities once in awhile but those are all abandoned anyways. It just screamed unpolished...and its been out for how long?

I entered a cantina and saw about 5 players begging others to watch them perform, wow that looked hella fun, sit around hitting a button and hope others "watch" you for exp. Nobody was watching them, and nobody seemed to give a shit.

Of course nobody listened to a thing I asked, I even started spamming in caps and nobody cared, it was like I was in another dimension or something, either that or the players in that game have learned to just ignore one another and set up macro's to do all their talking (which is what I saw most of the time)...what a game!

This comment was edited on Aug 27, 18:14.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Co-Op in Doubt
8. No subject Aug 27, 2004, 00:27 D4rkKnight

Oh come on people, learn to translate...this simply means that if STALKER does sell well, and they earn a big profit, they will make an expansion to it, and add co-op in that.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. No subject Aug 20, 2004, 03:30 D4rkKnight

Halsy that was beautiful

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Movie
47. No subject Aug 15, 2004, 22:24 D4rkKnight

Half Life 2 does have Bump Mapping, but it isnt as pronounced or as dependant as Doom 3 is on them. Have you tried turning off Bump Mapping and Specular in Doom 3? The textures are crap, they look like 8bit color mud.

Exactly, and most people dont seem to understand this. Its all an illusion in Doom 3, provided by the excessive use of bumpmapping, normalmapping, and lighting. The textures themselves are very poor, and are masked by these new technologys that "cover them up" so to speak.

Half-life 2's graphics might not look as good, but they are genuine, the textures are crisp and detailed, and the dev's put alot more work into them then Doom 3. I have no CLUE how hard it is to turn a bland texture into something great by use of Doom3's bump mapping and normal mapping, but I'm willing to guess its a easy way out of actually creating the detailed textures, and requires less work.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Source Beta Update
4. No subject Aug 9, 2004, 23:47 D4rkKnight

Lets say I buy a coupon on ebay for the 30 or so bucks, I can get HL2 download when it comes out, and still play this in beta, am I correct in saying this?

Seems like a win-win situation...

News Comments > AC Expansion Title, Details
5. No subject Aug 8, 2004, 20:49 D4rkKnight

Really? I briefly played the open beta because my system at the time couldn't handle it. So, I never really got to check the game out. What would it be like for a total newbie to start now? Is everyone just way too advanced, therefore leaving me noone to group with? Do I even need to group?

This is AC1, a much better game then AC2 ever was.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
31. Re: Penis removal Aug 8, 2004, 19:59 D4rkKnight

The guy is 70 years old, I doubt he used it much.

News Comments > ATI Beta DOOM 3 Drivers
42. No subject Aug 4, 2004, 02:19 D4rkKnight

If you have heat problems, this game will let you know.

This game is very sensitive to artifacting when your card overheats, or even gets high on the temp scale.

This might be ATI exclusive though, as I'm running a AIW9800Pro.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Midnight Madness
45. No subject Aug 2, 2004, 17:29 D4rkKnight

The only problem with this game is that I've played through about 12 levels so far and its all still exactly the same as level 1.

Nothing has changed except the monsters and guns. The levels are practically exact replicas of everything else.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Previews
115. No subject Aug 2, 2004, 04:51 D4rkKnight

And Btw, on graphics, bump-mapping is a great technology, but it lacks substance close up, you can tell the whole thing is just an illusion of depth.

This is the problem with games that use it excessively.

Edit: Of depth not or depth :/

This comment was edited on Aug 2, 04:51.

811 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo