Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D4rkKnight

Real Name D4rkKnight   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 28, 2003, 01:15
Total Comments 821 (Graduate)
User ID 16595

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Authentication Follow-up
24. No subject Nov 17, 2004, 01:08 D4rkKnight

"Its funny that safeguards like the ones that Valve is trying to implement only end up hurting the legitimate consumers. The crooks will just wait a few weeks for when one of the cracking houses releases an offline version for the masses. "

More like wait a few hours, its already out on the net.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Half-Life 2
271. No subject Nov 16, 2004, 17:58 D4rkKnight

QUOTE "DoD isnt out yet
HL2 and HL:S were released, DoD is still being worked on."

1997 called, they want there post back!

You know what I meant...

DoD wasnt released anywhere near 97 btw, HL1 wasnt even out then.

267. No subject Nov 16, 2004, 17:48 D4rkKnight

Authirization takes awhile BTW, about 10 minutes on mr 2.1ghz cable connection.

263. Re: Can't connect to Steam.... Nov 16, 2004, 17:46 D4rkKnight

DoD isnt out yet

HL2 and HL:S were released, DoD is still being worked on.

254. No subject Nov 16, 2004, 17:38 D4rkKnight

I'm gonna go play some HL2, have fun guys lol

245. No subject Nov 16, 2004, 17:32 D4rkKnight

Unlocked mine yesterday at 3am (12PST) ...been playing for about 3 or 4 hours and daaaamn is this game fun.

News Comments > BioWare Store Opens
26. Re: NWN2 Nov 10, 2004, 21:01 D4rkKnight

Well I can see you hated the OC, no surprise there, it sucked, but your biased towards the game in general because of that, yet you cant see it.

HOTU and the player modules (and these premium ones now, altough I havnt tried them) are what you should be playing to get the most out of the game, SOU and OC both sucked, SOU less then OC but still wasnt that good.

They created the game with the Aurora toolset in mind, not making a good game, that was their mistake, and the players have ratified that mistake.

Bioware did not make SOU btw, so take it as a third party contribution to the game, they did however make HOTU.

They are not add-ons btw, they are modules, they are entirly seperate from everything else, they just use the same engine. They dont improve storylines and dialogue, they are unique to themselves and nothing else, so right off the bat your logic is flawed.

Every single module tells a unique story, and there are some DAMN good writers/story-telers/scripters(some of those scripts are amazing) in the NWN community, so some of the modules that have come out are amazing, better then most commercial games could ever hope to be.

This comment was edited on Nov 10, 21:05.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - EverQuest II
49. No subject Nov 9, 2004, 20:36 D4rkKnight

The opening days are always the worst in MMORPG's...

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - EverQuest II
47. Re: No subject Nov 9, 2004, 17:52 D4rkKnight

EQ2's launch was as smooth as ever, all you nay-sayers can stfu now.

News Comments > EverQuest II to Ship, Beta to End
27. About EQ2... Nov 6, 2004, 05:23 D4rkKnight

I needed a break from WoW after Beta, it was very easy, and I hit level 29 in a few days. The PvP was fun as hell, and we had some major wars (like 75+ people fighting sometimes) but the PvE had just lost its charm. I dont remember one single challenge during those 29 levels, and I was loosing interest in the constant questing, it seems thats all you do is look for more quests then go kill stuff.

I want to see interesting locations, temples, dungeons, exotic hunting areas. WoW had some of these, but they were all replicas of each other, with very little artistic style thrown in. I cannot speak for EQ2 in this regard, but I played EQ1 a ton and I know the land, so it will be very fun to get to see whats changed since then.

I look forward to EQ2 because its harder, and it DOES enforce groups...this is a social game and the concepts work best when your in groups of friends or guildies.

Obviously there's times when you want to solo, and the dev's have stated you will be able to solo, no matter the class (I hear priests are the best solo'ers ) , it just wont be as fast as group exp, which is supposed to be the main attraction...its like that to encourage you to group.

The Dev's have been listening to the fans as well. They have started a major overhaul to allow diversity between classes and races, to individualize each character. They already have an awesome character generator (that allows you to adjust stuff like bone structure in the face), and now they are adding stuff like:

Traits:

Sturdy - Your durability is the stuff of legend. This trait makes you more robust by increasing your total health.

Hygienic - Plague and illness are for the weak. This trait enhances your vigor by allowing you to avoid the effects of disease.

Healthy - Others marvel at your recuperative ability. You improve the rate at which your health recovers.

Insightful - You have traveled far and wide. This trait aids your journey to enlightenment by making you wiser.

Tactics:

The EverQuest II Tactics Advancement Path lets you pick certain types of enemies for which your character feels a particular dislike. By learning about these opponents, you gain special abilities that allow you and your party to do extra damage against them in battle.

Traditions:

Dark Elves -

* Shadow Shroud The world is a dangerous place and life as a dark elf is never easy. By slowing your breathing and freezing in place, you are able to hide and escape detection by most foes.

Erudite -

* Ward of Glyphs Years of arcane study have imbued the erudites with an innate defense against magical damage. By steeling your mind, you can call a protective ward into existence and guard yourself against harmful spells.

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 05:25.

News Comments > EverQuest II to Ship, Beta to End
14. No subject Nov 5, 2004, 23:05 D4rkKnight

I bet that extension was planned from the very beginning as a way to help sony's PR, which, if this thread is any indication, sucks ass.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Steam Backups
5. No subject Nov 4, 2004, 21:51 D4rkKnight

I thought this was already addressed months ago.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. No subject Oct 30, 2004, 15:09 D4rkKnight

Poodles are too smart for their own good, and they know it.

News Comments > C-S: Source Content Plans
4. Re: Prodigy rocks Oct 27, 2004, 05:44 D4rkKnight

Good news? They better be porting more maps, we are paying for this now and its since they removed multi from HL2 this is a part of that purchase.

News Comments > WoW Date Update
24. Re: sigh Oct 25, 2004, 20:41 D4rkKnight

Well I was assuming you played at E3...its a great game, they dont need hype they already proved its good, I dont feel like explaining it if your going to play it yourself in a few days.

Ill say this though...the cities, the general areas, they are standard zones like in any MMORPG, then they have the single area zones, then the PVP, which is a very large part of the game, not just guild duels, much much more then that.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Expands
109. No subject Oct 25, 2004, 20:27 D4rkKnight

you'll get your money back. In the next 12 months some great mods will start to come out for it, and you'll be glad to have bought a game with such a powerful engine

I wouldnt be so sure about that, with Half-Life 2 right around the corner, the modding community will have a choice, stick with Doom3 (It is a more limited engine with better graphics) or use the Source engine.

As we all know, HL has the larger mod-base, even now theres probably about 8 or so mods in the make and many more without info out yet. I dont doubt that other developers will license the Doom 3 engine, but the number of mods on it doesnt look to be that many judging from its progression so far.

BTW, whats a good Doom 3 community site that talks about mods in the make right now...I havnt heard anything about Doom 3 mods, but then again I havnt pursued them...on the other hand I run into HL2 mod info all the time without looking for them, and that game isnt even out.

News Comments > WoW Date Update
21. Re: sigh Oct 25, 2004, 20:08 D4rkKnight

Not really, Guild Wars is still technically an MMORPG, regardless of what they say. Its not about killing 999999 monsters and getting cool items...Over the course of a few hours you will probably kill about 40-50 monster, nothing like D2's numbers, and its very focused on strategy and tactics rather then run around killing everything in sight.

Cant really compare it to Diablo.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Halo 2 leak Oct 20, 2004, 22:10 D4rkKnight

we've spent three tortuous years preventing story leaks, hoarding screenshots not because we want to but because they'll reveal twists and surprises. Now a few jerks have ruined that for everyone. It's one thing to sneakily pirate software quite another to yell spoilers from the rooftops. As Napoleon Dynamite would say, "IDIOTS!"

I doubt Halo 2's storyline is anything special, dev's love to talk about this stuff as if its the end of the world for games, and that press release is full of so much bullshit.

The underdground army? Microsofts battle stations? three torturous years? Please stop with your exxagerations, we get the point your angry over the leak but whats done is done maybe you should take better care over who has access to your builds, then you wouldnt be in this situation.

too anyone who has played the leak...is their story really that engaging, or are they just spouting bullshit?

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 22:12.

News Comments > Jump to Lightspeed Date
31. Good old SOE Oct 20, 2004, 15:47 D4rkKnight

You know whats funny, back when I used to play EQ they would always release these patches (this was after SOE took over for Verant), and they would always fuck more things up in the patch then before it, and subsequently they would have to patch the patch, and this cycle continued throughout the entire game.

That was like 3 years ago, I just recently visited their forums to get info on their newest expansion, and I learned, aside from the fact that the task system is total bullshit and doesnt help you gain solo exp for shit, that they screwed up almost all the new epics, and they released a patch to try and fix some of the problems. Guess what, that patch followed suit exactly like the patches of old EQ.

My point? SOE Seems to be performing exactly as they were many years ago. I thought they would have changed after 3 or 4 years experience, but it still seems they cant manage to fix one problem without breaking the stuff that used to work fine.

On top of all the nerfing and general disregard for their player-base by the GM's, I have pretty low expectations for EQ2.

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 15:49.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Source Update
2. No subject Oct 20, 2004, 02:22 D4rkKnight

Is this the patch that adds aim bot support?

Oh sorry thats next week, what was I thinking!

821 Comments. 42 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo