Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D4rkKnight

Real Name D4rkKnight   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 28, 2003, 01:15
Total Comments 803 (Graduate)
User ID 16595

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live
144. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 6, 2013, 21:28 D4rkKnight

Dev wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 20:28:
PHJF wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 20:24:
PST is far and away the best RPG and one of the greatest all-time video games ever made.
Which reminds me, I don't think I ever played that game all the way through.
I need to go dig that up.

GoG link if anyone needs:
http://www.gog.com/gamecard/planescape_torment
I seem to recall some mods and info being posted in another blues thread, stuff like how to get the game higher res. I'll have to see if I can find that.
Edit: Unless I'm remembering some other game.

GOG Forums almost always have all the info you need for mods, in this case it looks like they made a special news update for it specifically:
http://www.gog.com/news/mod_spotlight_planescape_torment_mods_guide/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Q&As
12. Re: Evening Q&As Mar 2, 2013, 01:50 D4rkKnight

They designed the game around smaller cities. To increase it at this point throws their nice little "city in a box" design out the window. Now they are stuck in a position where they need to ensure fans they care so they claim its purely a hardware restriction that prevents them from adding this feature. It gives the fans the illusion that this will be patched quickly after release so they should rush out and buy it.

News Comments > On Diablo III's Future
14. Re: On Diablo III's Future Mar 2, 2013, 01:39 D4rkKnight

I don't care about what you do going forward, you wont get another dime from me.  

News Comments > Diablo III Dueling Now Called Brawling
2. Re: Diablo III Dueling Now Called Brawling Feb 8, 2013, 21:01 D4rkKnight

Diablo 2 is still fun and I last played through to hell difficulty on bnet back in 2010. 10 years of enjoyment from that game, funny that its sequel gave me less then a week.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Feb 3, 2013, 23:10 D4rkKnight

Would have loved to have seen this as an open-ended game as opposed to a mission based game.  

News Comments > Sunday Previews
3. Re: Sunday Previews Jan 27, 2013, 22:55 D4rkKnight

Cities can only be built in symmetrical blocks? That sounds ridiculous...

News Comments > Chivalry - Medieval Warfare Free Weekend; Sale
5. Re: Chivalry - Medieval Warfare Free Weekend; Sale Jan 25, 2013, 00:35 D4rkKnight

If you want a real medieval warfare game that uses an impressive physics system you have to play M&B Warband

Hopefully Bannerlord will carry on that tradition.

News Comments > Skyrim Dragonborn Next Month
3. Re: Skyrim Dragonborn Next Month Jan 18, 2013, 22:17 D4rkKnight

Most likely problems with the PS3 version.  

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Jan 3, 2013, 19:12 D4rkKnight

Video games are just 0's and 1's the same as music is just a series of alternating sound waves. Drawings are just marks on a piece of paper and the life is a series of four walls!

Am i doing it right?

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Dec 21, 2012, 22:37 D4rkKnight

In other news, the NRA is recommending armed guards in elementary schools as a solution to the problem.  

News Comments > SimCity Trailer
6. Re: SimCity Trailer Dec 11, 2012, 23:01 D4rkKnight

Well I shouldn't judge based on a demo video but daaamn those skyscrapers cropped up fast. In Simcity 4, a skyscraper was quite an accomplishment, in that video it looks like they build instantly. We will see how this turns out but that looked terrible.  

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads
11. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 23, 2012, 13:58 D4rkKnight

iOS is carving out a bit of a hardcore rpg niche market - curious to see how this handles on the iPad.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Hitman: Absolution
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hitman: Absolution Nov 21, 2012, 16:32 D4rkKnight

I really liked this at first, even given its linearity - but the more I play it the less I like it. I'm 7 hours in and I don't feel like loading the game up to finish it anymore. Its essentially pushing me to make it to the next checkpoint door, not plan assassinations.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2012, 01:06 D4rkKnight

Buying a decent SSD and reinstalling it as a seperate OS partition would probably solve all of your problems - they keep getting cheaper.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 6, 2012, 12:19 D4rkKnight

BTW - if you have an .edu email prime is $40/year  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 4, 2012, 18:24 D4rkKnight

Could someone breakdown chivalry for me? Is it just a multiplayer flavor of mount and blade's combat or what?

Mount and blade Warband is multiplayer M&B...much better then the crap that is Chivalry and War of the Roses.

News Comments > GOG.com Announcements This Week
8. Re: GOG.com Announcements This Week Oct 16, 2012, 01:44 D4rkKnight

Jivaro wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 00:17:
Blackhawk wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 23:44:
No, you're not the only one. There are dozens of ways to get games. What made Good Old Games unique and appealing was that you could get so many really fantastic classic titles with patches (and frequently expansions) rolled in updated to run on modern systems for great prices. The Infinity Engine games, the two Might and Magic series, Blood, the Ultimas and so many others, and the prices were great. Nothing else compares to that, and with it becoming less of a priority for them, I fear the growth of their catalog of classics may start to slow.

Of course it will....sooner or later it has to slow down. I mean, there were only so many classics and they have already done the vast majority of them. To continue to be a profitable and stable business into the future they have to find a direction that can sustain them. They can't just rest on that one trick and call it a day, the well will run dry eventually. What they have decided to focus on is DRM free gaming...and I just don't see how anybody can complain about that. Obviously there are still a number of titles they can continue to pursue for their catalog, but not enough to run the business on that alone.

They haven't done the vast majority of them. There are easily 100's if not 1000's of more titles they could do. They have slowed down which is unfortunate but there is no shortage of old games for them to explore.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 14, 2012, 19:15 D4rkKnight

Beelzebud wrote on Oct 14, 2012, 17:49:
Turn based strategy is clearly dead, and no one wants to play that type of game.

Also RTS, RPG, Adventure, Puzzle and Simulation games. Whats the point of making these types of games in a society that has clearly matured past them.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 9, 2012, 22:44 D4rkKnight

I tried it - too arcade for my tastes, even in simulation driving. The menus and presentation scream DIRT and the driving is more like NFS then Forza. It feels like its trying to emulate 5 different games and doing mediocre at all of them.  

News Comments > Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Announced
2. Re: Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Announced Oct 2, 2012, 13:58 D4rkKnight

Right as WotR starts shipping, nice timing  

803 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo