Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D4rkKnight

Real Name D4rkKnight   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 28, 2003, 01:15
Total Comments 811 (Graduate)
User ID 16595

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Mar 24, 2013, 22:57 D4rkKnight

A very meh...wait 6 months and then start offering us 20ish dollar range and we will see what you have accomplished  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
2. Re: Sunday Mobilization Mar 24, 2013, 22:04 D4rkKnight

All my peers keep asking me why I would buy an iPad over an android tab - I tell them I am a gamer  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
32. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 18, 2013, 01:50 D4rkKnight

Fion wrote on Mar 17, 2013, 22:36:
Since when are people paying $40 to play an Alpha game? Am I missing something here? People bitch about paying for a game that 'might as well be Beta'. Now everyones forking over $40 for an ALPHA GAME?

It's $33. It's a pre-order for ARMA III and the price goes up on release. I wish more companies did stuff like that.

News Comments > EA Will "Look Into" Offline SimCity; New Patch Released
47. Re: EA Will Mar 10, 2013, 23:04 D4rkKnight

What also sucks is that they are now spending all of their time fixing these server issues when they should (and would if it wasnt online only) be patching the simulation issues. It could be awhile before this game plays like it should - let alone WORKS.  

News Comments > EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game
86. Re: EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game Mar 9, 2013, 23:40 D4rkKnight

Simcity 4 had simulation problems as well. Hence the Rush Hour expansion to address this. These I understand and expect to be addressed in patches and expansions. I just hope this whole fiasco convinces EA to treat this game as more then a money pot. Please Maxis, fix your game.  

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Mar 8, 2013, 21:16 D4rkKnight

There is only one way they can guarantee a purchase from me and many others at this point:

• True offline mode

• Larger regions

• Changes to game play to fully accommodate the single player mode

• At this point, simply allowing offline play and local city saves will not fix this game - the game play punishes you for playing alone and needs serious redesign to be complete. For instance, time frozen regions.

If they can accomplish that and of course make it a free patch, I will buy it.

News Comments > SimCity Adding Servers
    71. Re: SimCity Adding Servers Mar 7, 2013, 17:01 D4rkKnight

Check out IGN's latest update at the bottom of their review in progress page:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/04/simcity-review-in-progress

Hilarious

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live
    152. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 7, 2013, 03:04 D4rkKnight

Voice acting every line of dialogue gets you Skyrim - an action rpg. When you pay for every spoken word you cut down the content to a bare minimum. Thank god for text-based RPG's.  

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live
    144. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 6, 2013, 21:28 D4rkKnight

Dev wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 20:28:
    PHJF wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 20:24:
    PST is far and away the best RPG and one of the greatest all-time video games ever made.
    Which reminds me, I don't think I ever played that game all the way through.
    I need to go dig that up.

GoG link if anyone needs:
    http://www.gog.com/gamecard/planescape_torment
    I seem to recall some mods and info being posted in another blues thread, stuff like how to get the game higher res. I'll have to see if I can find that.
    Edit: Unless I'm remembering some other game.

GOG Forums almost always have all the info you need for mods, in this case it looks like they made a special news update for it specifically:
    http://www.gog.com/news/mod_spotlight_planescape_torment_mods_guide/

News Comments > Evening Q&As
    12. Re: Evening Q&As Mar 2, 2013, 01:50 D4rkKnight

They designed the game around smaller cities. To increase it at this point throws their nice little "city in a box" design out the window. Now they are stuck in a position where they need to ensure fans they care so they claim its purely a hardware restriction that prevents them from adding this feature. It gives the fans the illusion that this will be patched quickly after release so they should rush out and buy it.

News Comments > On Diablo III's Future
    14. Re: On Diablo III's Future Mar 2, 2013, 01:39 D4rkKnight

I don't care about what you do going forward, you wont get another dime from me.  

News Comments > Diablo III Dueling Now Called Brawling
    2. Re: Diablo III Dueling Now Called Brawling Feb 8, 2013, 21:01 D4rkKnight

Diablo 2 is still fun and I last played through to hell difficulty on bnet back in 2010. 10 years of enjoyment from that game, funny that its sequel gave me less then a week.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
    2. Re: Game Reviews Feb 3, 2013, 23:10 D4rkKnight

Would have loved to have seen this as an open-ended game as opposed to a mission based game.  

News Comments > Sunday Previews
    3. Re: Sunday Previews Jan 27, 2013, 22:55 D4rkKnight

Cities can only be built in symmetrical blocks? That sounds ridiculous...

News Comments > Chivalry - Medieval Warfare Free Weekend; Sale
    5. Re: Chivalry - Medieval Warfare Free Weekend; Sale Jan 25, 2013, 00:35 D4rkKnight

If you want a real medieval warfare game that uses an impressive physics system you have to play M&B Warband

Hopefully Bannerlord will carry on that tradition.

News Comments > Skyrim Dragonborn Next Month
    3. Re: Skyrim Dragonborn Next Month Jan 18, 2013, 22:17 D4rkKnight

Most likely problems with the PS3 version.  

News Comments > Op Ed
    11. Re: Op Ed Jan 3, 2013, 19:12 D4rkKnight

Video games are just 0's and 1's the same as music is just a series of alternating sound waves. Drawings are just marks on a piece of paper and the life is a series of four walls!

Am i doing it right?

News Comments > etc., etc.
    3. Re: etc., etc. Dec 21, 2012, 22:37 D4rkKnight

In other news, the NRA is recommending armed guards in elementary schools as a solution to the problem.  

News Comments > SimCity Trailer
    6. Re: SimCity Trailer Dec 11, 2012, 23:01 D4rkKnight

Well I shouldn't judge based on a demo video but daaamn those skyscrapers cropped up fast. In Simcity 4, a skyscraper was quite an accomplishment, in that video it looks like they build instantly. We will see how this turns out but that looked terrible.  

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads
    11. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 23, 2012, 13:58 D4rkKnight

iOS is carving out a bit of a hardcore rpg niche market - curious to see how this handles on the iPad.  

811 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 4.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo