Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D4rkKnight

Real Name D4rkKnight   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 28, 2003, 01:15
Total Comments 812 (Graduate)
User ID 16595

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Surprise = Deathmatch
83. No subject Dec 1, 2004, 01:42 D4rkKnight

Laggy...yes, that sounds familiar...just like CS source's launch.

Until a steady setup of dedicated public servers is online, there will be lots of server lag on almost all of them except the private games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: Before you knee-jerk... Nov 28, 2004, 15:37 D4rkKnight

Theres newspaper articles all over the place in the game, they actually have lots of info on them if you take the time to read all the headlines.

They dont give you all this information, but a good deal of it can be learned from them, and I know most people probably missed them.

This comment was edited on Nov 28, 15:44.

News Comments > WoW Launches
51. Re: No subject Nov 26, 2004, 04:09 D4rkKnight

It means you respect death more, you also share exp debt when others in your group die. EQ is more hardcore, that doesnt mean its more advanced. Your confusing difficulty with content, it takes much longer to level, you suffer greater penalties on death, the economy is very tight with lots of money sinks to keep money at a minimum, etc. I agree EQ2 is harder, but you cannot fault it for that, its intentional by the dev's.

News Comments > Turkey Day Q&As
1. Vampire: Bloodlines Q&A on FileFront Nov 25, 2004, 23:27 D4rkKnight

Of course they wont talk about bugs

42. No subject Nov 25, 2004, 22:49 D4rkKnight

SmyTTor alot of the shit you said about why you love WoW is exactly the same for EQ2 (no downtime for instance, which, and I dont know how you could miss this if you played EQ2 like you said you did (lol), is almost non-existant in EQ2 as well, its timed to about exactly the same as WoW downtime, about 30 seconds after a major fight)

What else...great auction system: check, always fast paced: check, built in loot rules: check, tradeskill innovations: check (events happen during tradeskills that you must counter or lose durability and even die if your stupid enough to not pay attention to them).

Its harder to solo in EQ2, but its possible, I can solo evens at 20ish, and I get about 1/2 the exp I would in a group setting, seems fair to me.

EQ2 is much more of a timesink, not because of downtime, which you seem to think, but simply because leveling is much much slower then WoW.

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 22:54.

33. Re: No subject Nov 25, 2004, 18:57 D4rkKnight

"That is not tactics, that is just using a combination of moves with others. You watch the little "HO" wheel and press the blinking button. "

Its alot more complicated then your precious WoW, seriously man just stop posting, your arguements are so fucking retarded.

Both games have their ups and downs, WoW and EQ2 are both new generation MMO's, and they both accomplish what they should in their own respect. I cant even believe you go with this "tactics" arguement, as EQ2 has just as much, and with HO's, even more involvement during battles then WoW does. Why would you even say this, it just makes it more apparent that EQ2's battle system is more involved then WoW's...WoW has skills, individual skills, and thats it...EQ2 makes it a group effort and ties those skills together, theres no way to argue this, EQ2 wins hands down.

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 19:00.

27. No subject Nov 25, 2004, 16:48 D4rkKnight

The tactics are the HO system, for instance, Fighter initiates, priest follows, then mage goes next, if done correctly priest will open back up, and pass it back to mage, then mage finishes the whole chain. If done correctly it turns into a 4 person chain that does a massive amount of damage to the mob.

Theres alot of these HO's in place, I'll post a few more:

Strength in Unity - unordered - Flexed Arm + Chalice - Increases str, wis, int and agility of the party

Ancient Crusible - Moon = full (or nearly full) power and health regen over time.

Swindler's Gift - ordered - Cloak + Flexed Arm = Group Attack Buff, increases all skill dmg for a short period of time.

BTW EQ2 has had a smooth launch, it has its fair share of bugs in game, like mobs that like to dissapear when utilizing the Z-axis, but nothing game-stopping.

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 16:50.

News Comments > 20,000 Steam Accounts Disabled
166. No subject Nov 24, 2004, 05:18 D4rkKnight

"You don't need to make it sound like a sob-story, as if Valve are being hard hard done by. Every developer who wants their game on a store shelf has to work by those conditions."

Thats the point, its a sob-story for every developer, Valve included, so they decided to take initiative and create a program that allows them to sell directly, smart move if you ask me, and its good for the customers too, dont see how anyone could fault them for this.

"If they wanted to avoid the costs of putting Half-Life 2 on the shelves, they could have simply sold direct to the online customer (only), the same way self-publishing indie developers have been doing it for years."

Its not about avoiding the costs, they must put their product on the shelves, its much to popular to distribute it online only, it just wouldnt work, and we would see 1000times the anti-steam shit going around the net, people would protest Valve to sell it in stores, and it would destroy them if they didnt.

Its about trying to corner that decent chunk of the market thats willing to purchase online, and they dont mind not having a box or manual (you can make a backup CD though). They know they have a very large percentage of fans who would be willing to choose this option, and at the same time they can bypass their publisher overhead costs, its a win-win situation.

News Comments > JFK Reloaded
123. No subject Nov 23, 2004, 04:09 D4rkKnight

How do you re-create the magic bullet?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Half-Life 2
496. No subject Nov 20, 2004, 00:57 D4rkKnight

"He wants all games to be exactly the same"

Not once did I say that, or even lead in that direction.

Anyways, I should have been more specific and less broad in my statement, you are right, games do need to be compared because the competition of comparison leads to innovations that drive the industry forward.

My arguement is that little things like, oh valve didnt design their physics engine, but ID did, so ID is better, are pointless. By comparing these things that make no difference on the actual gameplay you are ruining your own experience.

Actual gameplay, presentation of the gaming experience, little touches that make the world feel real, these things matter, and should be held against a game if they do not incorporate them. The arguements these people post about why one is better then the other is ridiculous, and thats what I was addressing.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 00:59.

484. No subject Nov 19, 2004, 16:27 D4rkKnight

Does that really matter? You find so much to nitpick about and in the end it only detracts from one persons experience with the game, yours.

HL2 was not designed to be a direct competitor to Doom 3, it was designed to be the sequel to HL1, why must people compare the two games in every aspect? The only person who loses here is yourself, you come in with this pre-conceived notion that one game is better then the other, and as a result your game experience is detrimented. Just play the game, and enjoy it.

I'm sorry I just dont get the point of argueing an object of entertainment. If you receieve the entertainment why must it be pitted against other forms of entertainment, in the end you are just subjecting yourself to a diminished experience.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Authentication Follow-up
24. No subject Nov 17, 2004, 01:08 D4rkKnight

"Its funny that safeguards like the ones that Valve is trying to implement only end up hurting the legitimate consumers. The crooks will just wait a few weeks for when one of the cracking houses releases an offline version for the masses. "

More like wait a few hours, its already out on the net.

271. No subject Nov 16, 2004, 17:58 D4rkKnight

QUOTE "DoD isnt out yet
HL2 and HL:S were released, DoD is still being worked on."

1997 called, they want there post back!

You know what I meant...

DoD wasnt released anywhere near 97 btw, HL1 wasnt even out then.

267. No subject Nov 16, 2004, 17:48 D4rkKnight

Authirization takes awhile BTW, about 10 minutes on mr 2.1ghz cable connection.

263. Re: Can't connect to Steam.... Nov 16, 2004, 17:46 D4rkKnight

DoD isnt out yet

HL2 and HL:S were released, DoD is still being worked on.

254. No subject Nov 16, 2004, 17:38 D4rkKnight

I'm gonna go play some HL2, have fun guys lol

245. No subject Nov 16, 2004, 17:32 D4rkKnight

Unlocked mine yesterday at 3am (12PST) ...been playing for about 3 or 4 hours and daaaamn is this game fun.

News Comments > BioWare Store Opens
26. Re: NWN2 Nov 10, 2004, 21:01 D4rkKnight

Well I can see you hated the OC, no surprise there, it sucked, but your biased towards the game in general because of that, yet you cant see it.

HOTU and the player modules (and these premium ones now, altough I havnt tried them) are what you should be playing to get the most out of the game, SOU and OC both sucked, SOU less then OC but still wasnt that good.

They created the game with the Aurora toolset in mind, not making a good game, that was their mistake, and the players have ratified that mistake.

Bioware did not make SOU btw, so take it as a third party contribution to the game, they did however make HOTU.

They are not add-ons btw, they are modules, they are entirly seperate from everything else, they just use the same engine. They dont improve storylines and dialogue, they are unique to themselves and nothing else, so right off the bat your logic is flawed.

Every single module tells a unique story, and there are some DAMN good writers/story-telers/scripters(some of those scripts are amazing) in the NWN community, so some of the modules that have come out are amazing, better then most commercial games could ever hope to be.

This comment was edited on Nov 10, 21:05.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - EverQuest II
49. No subject Nov 9, 2004, 20:36 D4rkKnight

The opening days are always the worst in MMORPG's...

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - EverQuest II
47. Re: No subject Nov 9, 2004, 17:52 D4rkKnight

EQ2's launch was as smooth as ever, all you nay-sayers can stfu now.

812 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo