Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D4rkKnight

Real Name D4rkKnight   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 28, 2003, 01:15
Total Comments 811 (Graduate)
User ID 16595

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. No subject Sep 14, 2005, 16:30 D4rkKnight

That "under god" part was added in 1954 under President Dwight D. Eisenhower...

In his words, "In this way we are reaffirming the transcendence of religious faith in America's heritage and future; in this way we shall constantly strengthen those spiritual weapons which forever will be our country's most powerful resource in peace and war"

I just found it interesting that it wasnt part of the original pledge.

EDIT: Well isnt that an interesting coincidence...

This comment was edited on Sep 14, 16:31.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Sims 2: Nightlife
9. No subject Sep 13, 2005, 15:16 D4rkKnight

The Sims 2 Nightlife introduces the new Pleasure aspiration which allows Sims to lead a life filled with fun and exciting moments.

I smell a lawsuit.

News Comments > ESRB Demands Audit
2. No subject Sep 12, 2005, 21:49 D4rkKnight

Understandable, a message to developers in light of "Hot Coffee", but this thing about third-party mods is ridiculous.

It stands to reason that if you downloaded a mod you understand its not part of the original game and as such does not reflect the ratings of said game.

The same can be said of any product, modification outside the original intents and purpose of the product can not be held against the developers of it, how anyone could even begin to think that it does baffles me.

News Comments > Age of Empires III Demo
40. Re: No subject Sep 8, 2005, 01:43 D4rkKnight

I had problems with the AI in the campaign. I controlled 3/4 of the map, yet they had the resources to rebuild their army 3 times complete with artillery. I couldn't do anything against them because artillery completely annihilates troops. It's a one-shot kill.

There's an artillery unit that has the advantage: Good against other artillery.

Some troops I would imagine as well but cannot say.

Problem is artillery is veeery expensive

37. No subject Sep 7, 2005, 23:37 D4rkKnight

The AI is easy, they send small waves of troops and all you really need is one fort plus a small group and they will NEVER break through...its all too easy if you ask me.

Plus they continue to attack in the same manner every time, and they seem to have an obsession with archers. I know this wont be true in the single player campaign, what with scripted attacks and such, but the AI in skirmish could use a little work.

The graphics are set to high-low mix, so if you think it doesnt look good, make sure you change the options. I really like the whole trading post thing, setting up a trade post on the native american camps and then training their troops is a neat addition that I see going much further if they choose to expand it.

Once you get the hang of the cards its really neat, and with the ability to customize your deck it adds a new level of strategy to the game.

All in all I had fun destroying the AI in a few skirmish games, it gets a little to easy once you get the hang of it but the game itself is very fun to play, but doesnt change much in terms of RTS innovations.

19. No subject Sep 7, 2005, 20:16 D4rkKnight

"It's pretty damn rare for a direct link that allows for multiple connections and maxes out my connection. I'm also pleased by how little hype there has been... props to Microsoft/Ensemble."

Yes well this is Microsoft we are talking about here...and pretty much their premiere game to boot. Anyone able to offer some gameplay info, not install/interface issues?

This comment was edited on Sep 7, 20:18.

News Comments > Nintendo Patents Sanity?
12. Hmm Aug 31, 2005, 02:33 D4rkKnight

By that logic, does this make Nintendo the only sane company left?

so in turn, all other companies are now officially insane.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
11. Re: No subject Aug 27, 2005, 17:09 D4rkKnight

EDIT: Wow some quick posts, this was to #8

Every game is different, for instance Kirby uses ONLY the touch screen the entire game, and it works marvelously, if you dont believe me go look up the games reviews, who needs buttons when you can control everything by touching.

Other games will use just the normal controls, like Advance Wars, but when you want to create your own custom maps guess what comes in handy?

And yes some will use a mix, but it falls on the developers shoulders to create a game that properly mixes touchscreen and standard controls to make the experience streamlined and innovative at the same time. Its already been demonstrated through the games that are out now, and continue to be released, that an arguement like yours is moot. If you were to make such an arguement back in december when the DS's lineup consisted of Mario and not much else, it would hold some merit, but in light of recent releases on the DS we know that its simply not an issue.

Of course, if you havnt been playing DS games, I guess you wouldnt know this =)

This comment was edited on Aug 27, 17:10.

7. Re: No subject Aug 27, 2005, 15:34 D4rkKnight

Try it before you judge it.

Killer app to you I doubt, I myself dont plan on rushing out to purchase it, but the game will sell well, and will give Nintendo an edge in a market they already dominate.

And its not just a life simulator thats going to propell the DS much further then the PSP in sales in the upcomming months. As I mentioned theres plenty of great looking games comming for the DS.

This comment was edited on Aug 27, 15:38.

4. No subject Aug 27, 2005, 15:16 D4rkKnight

And those killer apps are almost here for the DS (Advance wars and nintendogs just came out, Lunar and castlevania right around the corner), where as the PSP still has no great potentials for quite a while.

Sony needs games, and truth be told I havnt seen a single upcomming game that entices me.

News Comments > Asheron's Call 2 Closing
7. Turbine... Aug 25, 2005, 18:22 D4rkKnight

I like Turbine, I want to see them succeed but they just seem to make some poor decisions that lead to stuff like this.

News Comments > Asheron's Call 2 Closing
4. No subject Aug 25, 2005, 18:17 D4rkKnight

I dont understand why they even bought this from microsoft, I can see why for AC1, its a good game and worth supporting...cant say the same for this.

30. Gwen... Aug 23, 2005, 16:13 D4rkKnight

About gwen, give her the flute, then keep giving her flowers (capes expensive and not needed) until she gives you the shawl thing, your supposed to keep that for later.

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 16:14.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Patch Delay
12. Yah for EA Aug 19, 2005, 19:17 D4rkKnight

We wont be able to complete the patch because we are too busy churning out EA's 100 planned expansions for $39.99 each!

Please look forward to Battlefield 2 Silver Edition, followed by Battlefield 2 Gold Edition, Platinum Edition, Titanium Edition, and more unannounced axciting additions to the BF2 franchise.

We'll get back to working on that patch once we've raked in enough cash to fund Battlefield 3-10, hell we might even throw in a free map or two, can you beat that support?!

News Comments > X3: Reunion Goes Beta
26. No subject Aug 16, 2005, 18:38 D4rkKnight

Still cant go to planets eh, that was one of the best parts of Frontier, passing through the atmosphere and visiting the space port, comming in for a landing, then opening fire and running from the police mwhahaha.

Except for the running part because your dead in 2 seconds.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. No subject Aug 16, 2005, 00:24 D4rkKnight

Cant wait for a white christmas.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
9. No subject Aug 7, 2005, 00:49 D4rkKnight

Mutant storm is also a PC game...the demo is here:

http://www.pompomgames.com/mutantstorm.htm#msdownloaddemo

Great arcade shooter.

News Comments > Dark Messiah of Might & Magic Announced
9. No subject Aug 4, 2005, 15:37 D4rkKnight

Just because it uses the source engine doesnt mean its going to be a cheap rip off... Especially considering the last First person RPG this company created...

Dont judge a book by its cover.

This comment was edited on Aug 4, 15:39.

News Comments > Diablo II Patches
10. Re: Hoping for a sequel Aug 1, 2005, 19:42 D4rkKnight

its 800x600

17. No subject Jul 31, 2005, 20:20 D4rkKnight

Premium ram...ahahaha

811 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo