Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D4rkKnight

Real Name D4rkKnight   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 28, 2003, 01:15
Total Comments 816 (Graduate)
User ID 16595

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Previews
8. Obliv. Jan 6, 2006, 19:37 D4rkKnight

Oblivion features only spoken dialogue, so you won't have to waste your time with any of that messy "reading" that plagues other RPGs.

I sincerly hope that is a joke, what a ridiculous thing to say otherwise. The day all rpgs go full spoken dialogue is the day the RPG genre falls another notch and continues to descend into mediocrity.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Microsoft Flight Sim X Revealed
12. No subject Jan 5, 2006, 05:50 D4rkKnight

No bump mapping?

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
5. No subject Dec 31, 2005, 18:26 D4rkKnight

As far as I've heard, almost every developed country does.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. No subject Dec 20, 2005, 00:20 D4rkKnight

Hey now, dont start raggin on the PC, you are doomed to lose.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. E-Paper's Killer App - Packaging. Dec 16, 2005, 04:23 D4rkKnight

I can imagine looking down the aisle of the grocery store and seeing hundreds of advertisements flashing and changing...oh god the horror.

It says these things run off batteries...so when the battery dies...i dont think your going to sell that product anymore.

News Comments > BF2 Patch Plans
1. No subject Dec 13, 2005, 18:25 D4rkKnight

wow massive air nerf.

News Comments > New Counter-Strike: Source Update & Map
2. No subject Dec 1, 2005, 21:57 D4rkKnight

Thats cool...now wheres militia.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. No subject Nov 23, 2005, 01:38 D4rkKnight

I have no interest in the 360 but I found this amusing:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6140176.html

News Comments > Morning Preview
3. Editor... Nov 14, 2005, 21:00 D4rkKnight

I found the only real difficulties with the original editor, besides the obvious C knowledge that goes without saying and shouldnt change, was the fact that even the most simple things were fairly hard to accomplish.

What the dev's need to do is take their pre-defined scripts, for example an NPC running away after dialogue as you mentioned, and catalogue them into an easy to find and implement database, so players can use these presets without having to dig around through miles of code or write their own.

I found that most of the bioware code was so specific, or so hard to find, that you were better off doing it yourself.

Along with this, an entire rewrite of the editors setup is needed, its not that it was hard to use, so much as it was just confusing. It probably took me a good week to write out one little dialogue with a few trigger events in it, and get it to work. There was too much trial and error involved in the learning process. I found myself stumbling through too many windows attempting to locate one little option that was buried deep inside seemingly unrelated windows...unneccesary and too frustrating.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. No subject Oct 30, 2005, 01:03 D4rkKnight

They need to make it easier to shut companies like this down, they are obviously abusing the system for their own greed.

And I look further down the site and people are trying to trademark the smell of strawberries...I love this world.
This comment was edited on Oct 30, 01:09.

News Comments > Steam Update
20. No subject Oct 30, 2005, 01:00 D4rkKnight

militia, militia, militia!

About time they put that into rotation for source.

News Comments > Stronghold 2 Patches
1. No subject Oct 28, 2005, 02:39 D4rkKnight

A flawed castle sim, but good nevertheless. While I do like the original SH better, this one has alot of cool features that I miss when I play it.

I'm glad to see support for it, on release it needed alot of work, the multiplayer barely even worked, if only it didnt need a powerhouse CPU I could play it LAN on my laptop vs friends =/

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
7. No subject Oct 23, 2005, 21:06 D4rkKnight

15-35% performance increase in openGL games like Doom3 and Quake 4...I think Nvidia just lost its edge, beat by ATI in DX9 AND OpenGL now.

News Comments > Universal Combat Gold & A World Apart Patches
7. No subject Oct 20, 2005, 02:38 D4rkKnight

Can always count on a DS thread to lighten up my day.

News Comments > Gold - City of Villains
21. No subject Oct 19, 2005, 22:09 D4rkKnight

Well betas ussually run right up till the games release, and I thought it was a stress test.

News Comments > Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory Patches
5. No subject Oct 18, 2005, 19:27 D4rkKnight

I think a better question is...is this the patch that makes coop over internet WORK?

News Comments > Spielberg Does Games
47. Re: Bleh Oct 14, 2005, 21:48 D4rkKnight

Very fondly, yes. I loved the cinematics at the point where Boston and team venture into the asteroid, finding it to be a spacecraft/transport vehicle of sorts, whisking them away to another galaxy....

Still have the CD in one of my binders, but can't play (m)any DOS game(s) on my AthlonXP64 WinXP-32 rig.

Might as well give that one a shot, though I won't hold my breath.

Dosbox is your friend =)

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. No subject Oct 14, 2005, 21:44 D4rkKnight

theres two open source handhelds being developed right now, successors to the GP32

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dark Age of Camelot: Darkness Rising
2. No subject Oct 12, 2005, 02:25 D4rkKnight

Your still breathing my air?

How dare you!

News Comments > Into the Black
2. No subject Oct 11, 2005, 04:46 D4rkKnight

This could have been prevented easily enough if you had just taken the time to pick your shit off the floor and not left it there for him to get at!

My poodles a smart little bastard and such a statement would never apply to him.

He takes the liberty to re-arrange the table chairs so that he can use them as steps to climb up to higher areas, namely the kitchen counter, and begin eating everything in sight.

Damn poodles, too smart for their own good...or for our good I suppose.

816 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo