Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D4rkKnight

Real Name D4rkKnight   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 28, 2003, 01:15
Total Comments 816 (Graduate)
User ID 16595

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Oblivion Horse Armor Now Available. Apr 4, 2006, 08:00 D4rkKnight

Rumor has it that this was in the game before release. Apparently screen shots were floating around of the armor before the game came out.

So I guess they removed it with plans of making it their first charge mod. I dont mind the whole idea, but thats just consumer exploitation...assuming its true.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Oblivion (Official)
78. No subject Mar 22, 2006, 20:21 D4rkKnight

Amazing game, you can really tell they spent years and years making it, its overflowing with content, not the mention its fun as hell.

News Comments > Sunday Matinee
10. No subject Mar 20, 2006, 02:19 D4rkKnight

That daggerfall demo came out before the game too, I got an issue of PCGamer with the Betony island on it...wow I was in heaven, sold me instantly.

News Comments > IL-2: Complete This Month
7. No subject Mar 16, 2006, 06:17 D4rkKnight

Pacific Fighters killed my comp. Most of the battles run really poorly.

IL2 and the others were always playable on good settings, but Pacific Fighters really ups the requirements.

News Comments > Gothic III NA Delay Confirmed
5. No subject Mar 13, 2006, 21:53 D4rkKnight

And I say the same about Oblivion, even though I did not care that much for Morrowind, just knowing TES history, the anticipation for a new one is very high.

If they can come close to Daggerfalls spectacular gameplay it will be one of the best games ever made with ridiculous graphics as well.

Unfortunatly the fact that its consolefied is what lended the "poor feeling" to morrowind, theres no doubt in my mind thats the reason I didnt care for the way morrowind played, it just felt off.

On that note...they arnt going to xbox Gothic 3 are they? Goddamn Xbox!

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 21:55.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Patches
27. No subject Mar 9, 2006, 21:03 D4rkKnight

So, hows it running...

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Avernum 4
1. No subject Mar 8, 2006, 23:42 D4rkKnight

Always loved Avernum and Exile series but seriously...I hate the geneforge interface and I cant stand the fact that they switched to it for Avernum 4 out of nowhere.

What was wrong with the old Avernum style? I doubt they will win over alot of new fans its change in style. To me it always felt sloppy and an incomplete interface in comparison.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. No subject Mar 2, 2006, 04:12 D4rkKnight

Me Microsoft, me crush you now!

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
7. No subject Feb 19, 2006, 19:49 D4rkKnight

Well last I checked stores like best buy dont carry even a fraction of the electronic parts that Radio Shack does.

Wiring tools, cables, connectors, adapters, test equipment, measuring tools, fuses, components...

Some stores do carry this stuff, but Radio Shack at least has it all condensed in one small store.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Patch
29. No subject Feb 14, 2006, 18:14 D4rkKnight

And you dont have 800megs free on your root drive? @_@

News Comments > Gold - Dungeons & Dragons Online
26. No subject Feb 14, 2006, 02:20 D4rkKnight

In terms of mmorpg's, that vanguard game looks pretty good. Of course without actually playing it not much can be said, but its from old world EQ creators (Before sony took over and expansion X10000'ed it).

EDIT: Might as well give a link to their FAQ, they really elaborate on their plans and ambitions for this game, nice to see actual direction and solid answersinstead of corporate bullshit and PR fancy words:
http://www.vanguardsoh.com/faq.php

This comment was edited on Feb 14, 02:26.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Patch Soon
24. Re: I hope C: free disk space was fixed! Feb 13, 2006, 22:24 D4rkKnight

Are you saying its miss-reporting HD space as 900free, or do you really only have 900megs free?

You know running that little kills your CPU performance in games?

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 22:26.

News Comments > Stronghold Legends Announced
7. No subject Feb 13, 2006, 21:49 D4rkKnight

They didnt massacre 2, they just didnt finish it and did a slow job fixing it afterwords. It was still a fun game, as good as the 1st and crusader in terms of entertainment.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode 1 Facts
71. Steams missing features. Feb 13, 2006, 21:47 D4rkKnight

What I wanna know is when is the Favorites, history, and friends features going to work in their games and in steam.

Its crap that I cant save a server as a favorite, or get to it via history if my game crashes or I have to close it for a bit.

And didnt they say they would fix the friends list like...a year ago?

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
6. No subject Feb 12, 2006, 22:03 D4rkKnight

Lets also keep in mind that Symantec antivirus is not Norton Antivirus.

Same company, different virus programs. I'm sure they use the same virus definitions, no harm there, but Norton is in a whole nother league of its own and should definitly be considered bloatware. No way in hell I would put that trash on any computer I own.

4. No subject Feb 12, 2006, 18:59 D4rkKnight

I've installed AVG and avast on my brothers and moms comp. They are computer newbs and dont know how to keep from getting infected. Those programs have NEVER stopped the comps from getting 100+ viruses within a month. (seriously I dont know how they accomplish this feat)

I believe what happens is that the virus' take over the program and disable it, because once I get to the comps, the virus software is destroyed basically.

I installed Symantec on them last month, and no issues yet. I like Symantec because its so minimalistic. One program, entirly based on virus scanning, no firewall, spyware, internet crap, just a virus scanner, I will handle the rest. Also it absolutely never pops up anything besides scheduled scans, and when it finds an infection. I cant think of any reasons as to why it would be considered bloatware, but then again its not Norton Antivirus.

2. No subject Feb 12, 2006, 18:24 D4rkKnight

Symantic antivirus here. They only offer it for business I think though.

News Comments > Follow-up - Half-Life 2: Episode One
1. No subject Feb 11, 2006, 17:39 D4rkKnight

Sounds good to me, might as well stay with Source for a good long time before moving onto HL3.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
2. No subject Feb 9, 2006, 02:14 D4rkKnight

I think your reading to much into that.

News Comments > Morning Previews
10. On Gamespy's BS Jan 6, 2006, 20:52 D4rkKnight

Whether or not Beth-soft has the money to produce an all spoken dialogue game while still maintaning all the content they set out to include does not change the fact that most endevours lead to corner cutting.

Beth-soft has the luxury of doing so because they hit it big with Morrowind. My fear is that smaller companies will see it as a neccessity with articles and responses like Gamespy's, and because they cannot afford such a extensive amount of voice, they decide to cut off pieces of their story, or simply drop entire sub-plots as a result.

Do gamers today lack imagination so much that they cannot use it and do what all humans do when they read books...hear the words in their head, assign their own perfect voices, and thoroughly ENJOY reading because it is fundamental to our intelligence and as I mentioned our imagination.

I'm not tottally against speech, I know it can sway emotions and instill awe when used appropriately, but I do not think RPG games are at a stage where they can afford to make such an investment. I'm not angry or dissapointed at ALL that Oblivion will be full speech, they have the resources to do so, and so more power to them. But to claim that having to read is a detriment to a game is just absurd.

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 20:54.

816 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo