Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D4rkKnight

Real Name D4rkKnight   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 28, 2003, 01:15
Total Comments 816 (Graduate)
User ID 16595

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Hitman: Blood Money
5. No subject May 31, 2006, 01:01 D4rkKnight

What do you mean the game telling you where to go? The missions are pretty open ended, the only one that "tells" you what to do is that first amusement park mission, which is just a tutorial really.

The only problem in that respect is alot of times the only solution is to simply kill your target, no fancy techiques or anything...but some levels, namely the opera and there are others, have very well thought out assasinations that feel oh so good to carry out.

This comment was edited on May 31, 01:02.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NWN Support Ending?
42. Re: ... May 30, 2006, 18:17 D4rkKnight

No... it doesn't. Community-made material cannot represent the official package.

Yes, it does. The original intent of this game was for its continued life through community support and Bioware/Atari patching. It has more then pulled through on its goal, and has secured its place in RPG history as a gem.

The demograph of this type of game is expected to reach further then the OC, visiting sites like NWVault and participating in a community of adventures and addons. It has exceeded anyones expectations, no matter how grand, in this respect.

It has enjoyed a reign of the largest community support for a CRPG ever in the history of video games, and as such, it has more then earned its spot in RPG history as a classic, not only accomplishing just this feat, but expanding beyond most RPG classics to provide countless more content then any other could hope to achieve.

News Comments > NWN Support Ending?
34. No subject May 30, 2006, 03:49 D4rkKnight

With all the custom content in NWN, it definitly deserves its place amoung the other RPG classics you listed.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Why there are no indie video games May 27, 2006, 21:41 D4rkKnight

Good article, online distribution seems to be the best method of sparking indie game development, but as he mentioned this only applies to PC's, and without a box on a shelf how many copies can you really sell?

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Patch
50. No subject May 24, 2006, 03:45 D4rkKnight

I like that logic...just because lotsa people play it doesnt mean lotsa people are actually playing it.

Wait...what?

News Comments > Oblivion Thieves Den
9. No subject May 23, 2006, 03:11 D4rkKnight

Sounds like they actually made a plugin worth paying for.

News Comments > etc.
4. No subject May 12, 2006, 18:44 D4rkKnight

Well its pretty much confirmed that Diablo 3 is in the works, and we know another is Burning Crusade...so that leaves a new WC or SC.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. No subject May 11, 2006, 18:26 D4rkKnight

I'm imagining a bunch of guys playing smash brothers with the motion controllers, jumping around like monkeys trying to beat each other up in a video game.

But in all seriousness it would be wicked in the Zelda game, sword fighting and all, for smash brothers I think i'd stick to the normal controller, which Wii will have btw, theres a picture of it out there, looks like the old SNES controller.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. No subject May 6, 2006, 19:47 D4rkKnight

long live open office.

News Comments > Bethesda on Oblivion's Rating
52. Re: No subject May 5, 2006, 04:30 D4rkKnight

Howin
Does anyone remeber Daggerfall. It had boobs out of the box and a parent lock.

It had a M rating out of the box though

News Comments > Guild Wars: Factions Live
10. No subject Apr 28, 2006, 20:32 D4rkKnight

Its a standalone expansion pack. Come on now you cant draw equivalence to a brand new game if its the same stuff just expanded. I, and many others, bought GW expecting these small expansion packs they promised. If that cannot be accomplished because of cash flow reasons, then a full fledged expansion is fine.

I already payed my $50 for GW. I have no intention of paying it again until they truly make a sequel.

This comment was edited on Apr 28, 20:33.

News Comments > Guild Wars: Factions Live
6. No subject Apr 28, 2006, 17:38 D4rkKnight

They still should offer this non-standalone for owners of the original, for $29.99, or hell even $39.99 is better then a full fledged 50 bucks.

I already bought Guild Wars, and this is not Guild Wars 2, and as such I have no intentions of paying full price for a large expansion pack.

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights Patch
10. No subject Apr 27, 2006, 19:25 D4rkKnight

Heres a quick link to NWVaults top modules:

http://nwvault.ign.com/fms/TopRated.php?content=modules

News Comments > Tuesday Game Reviews
4. No subject Apr 18, 2006, 19:09 D4rkKnight

I think the answer to your question is...Xbox.

News Comments > HoMM5 Demo Soon
42. Re: No subject Apr 10, 2006, 03:50 D4rkKnight

attack on message board...Kinda like Starforce did to Stardock?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. 911 operator dismisses boy’s plea as Apr 9, 2006, 17:53 D4rkKnight

-Local story, pictures and video with the boy and call.
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/8529161/detail.html

They didnt believe him because:
"Operators told Local 4 they take nearly 2 million 911 calls every year, and nearly 40 percent of them are not emergencies."

"Kimberly Harris, the union president of AFSCME Local 1023, said more than a quarter of phone calls received by 911 operators are prank calls. She called the incident a "tragedy.""

It's sad, and I'm angry that they would ignore a kid calling , thats the price one family has to pay for all the pranks that go around.

I think the operaters always have to remember what their job is, and how important it is for them to take every call seriously. Especially considering the reason she thought he was faking it, because his parents wouldnt come to the phone...thats just ridiculous.

This comment was edited on Apr 9, 17:54.

News Comments > Oblivion Patch/Content Plans
107. No subject Apr 7, 2006, 18:37 D4rkKnight

I agree the horse mod was retarded, but the potential for more acceptable purchases definitly exists, the mage tower is a good example...I cant exactly say the orrery is, because thats part of the Mages Guild and as such should have been in the game to begin with.

I think Bethsoft should give us some new areas to explore as pay mods. An island off the coast perhaps, maybe some ship travel, maybe the scientists of Tamriel could implement some new experimental technology like an airship. I dont know...something unique, not armor for horses.

This comment was edited on Apr 7, 18:40.

News Comments > Rome: Total War - Alexander Unveiled
11. No subject Apr 6, 2006, 03:07 D4rkKnight

Its so sad too. I hope they do it, its not sexual in any way, and I would like to see an arguement against it when its historically correct, and gameplay centric (less clothing/armor, less cost/upkeep)

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Zelda speed run Apr 5, 2006, 02:52 D4rkKnight

That zelda run is more like a cheat run. Check out the bombs he uses, they dont work like that in the normal game. It looks like theres other so called "tools" (AKA Cheats) he uses as well.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. No subject Apr 4, 2006, 23:05 D4rkKnight

You cant do this to the console version, so I doubt there will be as much controversy. The folks who would stir up trouble over this are too stupid to know how to use a PC.

816 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo