Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D4rkKnight

Real Name D4rkKnight   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 28, 2003, 01:15
Total Comments 812 (Graduate)
User ID 16595

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Gold - Gothic 3
49. No subject Sep 13, 2006, 23:08 D4rkKnight

D4rkKnight
Not sure what yoru refering to but the Gothic Gold we are speaking of is the US version and the just announced Gothic 3 will be in English but it is the UK English version releasing on 10/12, the US English version is not due for another 30 after that as I understand it.
All Gothic games come in English.

Didnt Gothic2 expansion remain german for like a full year before the english version was completed? Something about publisher problems. Am I wrong about this?

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 23:09.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gold - Gothic 3
38. No subject Sep 13, 2006, 18:52 D4rkKnight

Am I correct in assuming this includes the english language version?

News Comments > Guild Wars Nightfall Event
4. No subject Sep 12, 2006, 17:18 D4rkKnight

Well guilds are where the pvp content is. Still you dont need one to do basic PvP and especially not for PvE, theres such an excess of groups in most areas that finding or starting one ussually takes less then 5 minutes.

Personally I always enjoyed the PvE more, since they added those green items I finally started enjoying collecting things.

News Comments > Gold - Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales
4. No subject Sep 8, 2006, 01:46 D4rkKnight

Its basically a poor version of POTC...if you want a game like this get POTC and check out build mod here:

http://pieter.piratesahoy.org/

and the news site for modding community:

http://www.piratesahoy.com/

I've had some bugs and other issues with Build 13 with the latest patches, But Build 12 is supposed to be pretty stable and I'm gonna try it out once I get a chance.

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 01:48.

News Comments > Gold - Silent Heroes
4. No subject Sep 7, 2006, 01:54 D4rkKnight

I personally hated that faces of war demo...maybe with mods it will be good but meh soldiers will always be the better game.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Perimeter: Emperorís Testament
5. No subject Aug 29, 2006, 23:08 D4rkKnight

the PR bs isnt limited to just RTS though

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Perimeter: Emperorís Testament
3. No subject Aug 29, 2006, 21:03 D4rkKnight

I hear this is pretty unique as far as RTS's come.

News Comments > Guild Wars: Nightfall Dated, CE Details
11. No subject Aug 24, 2006, 15:37 D4rkKnight

Is this gonna cost $50 again?

News Comments > Stronghold Legends Demo
13. No subject Aug 23, 2006, 19:54 D4rkKnight

This game uses the second games engine, not a bad thing the engine was never the problem. The nuetral estates that you can capture seem to be back, not bad either gives you contested lands outside your castle to fight for.

I did not like the king of the hill gameplay in that demo, normal castle siegeing is where the funs at and I wish they let us play a demo like that instead of throw troops into the center of the map kinda thing.

Dragons and mythical creatures...dont like them, at least the race that was given to us in that demo, I hate the stupid werewolf things that convert your troops thats goddamn annoying.

I liked the look of the frost race, but the whole summoning beasts and dealing with dragons and stuff was lame. Not really impressed with this demo, but I did play it until the game was over and enjoyed the little fights I got into, whenever the enemy sends mythical creatures the fighting just got boring, watching my troops getting burned by a dragon I can barely hurt, or converted while paralyzed like I mentioned before, more annoying then anything else. I much prefer the normal units of the past stronghold games then these mythical beasts.

The economy aspect of the game is very toned down, I built only basic food and resource buildings and never had any issues or complaints about popularity...the economy micromanagement ruined the second game but its pretty much taken care of now. Overall I'll look forward to this game, but it needs alot and i mean ALOT of work on the whole mythical creatures aspect to balance them out and make them enjoyable not only to use but to fight against.

News Comments > Company of Heroes Demo
25. No subject Aug 22, 2006, 21:05 D4rkKnight

Soldiers was the last best WWII RTS (patched and running BTRH or Direct Engagement of course), hopefully this one can one up it because the soldiers unofficial sequel has been turned into an arcade type RTS game to appeal to the mainstream...of course this is based on the demo but it doesnt come even close to the greatness that was SHOWWII.

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 21:08.

News Comments > Company of Heroes Gold
6. No subject Aug 15, 2006, 23:24 D4rkKnight

Do you get direct control over your units like soldiers as well?

News Comments > Titan Quest Patch Plans
12. No subject Jul 3, 2006, 00:41 D4rkKnight

And then theres the people who are lucky enough to have the game work perfectly for them and label everyone else a whiner...

News Comments > Silent Heroes Announced
2. No subject Jun 28, 2006, 00:09 D4rkKnight

spectacular game, the original that is...dont think it caught on over here, hopefully if they dont port this over it will at least be compatible with the US version.

News Comments > Rome: Total War Ė Alexander Dated
4. No subject Jun 11, 2006, 23:55 D4rkKnight

Focus on stategic multiplayer campaign for MTW2, not this crap!

News Comments > New BF2 Map & Mode?
43. No subject Jun 10, 2006, 22:26 D4rkKnight

Using the unlocked rifle with the cutaway barrel you can do pretty good for yourself as a sniper. Your still not gonna insta kill everyone with one shot, a headshot sure but body shots take two hits. I think its a decent balance for a game where snipers could dominate if given the opportunity

News Comments > NWN Support Ending?
45. No subject May 31, 2006, 01:05 D4rkKnight

Originally the game wasn't even going to have a single player storyline, just some 'tutorial modules'.

And I think this point should be stressed, because I do remember all that before the game came out. It was the negative reactions from the fans that had them including an OC, which turned out to be lackluster. To say NWN cannot be judged by its custom content is ignoring the entire reason this game was created.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Hitman: Blood Money
5. No subject May 31, 2006, 01:01 D4rkKnight

What do you mean the game telling you where to go? The missions are pretty open ended, the only one that "tells" you what to do is that first amusement park mission, which is just a tutorial really.

The only problem in that respect is alot of times the only solution is to simply kill your target, no fancy techiques or anything...but some levels, namely the opera and there are others, have very well thought out assasinations that feel oh so good to carry out.

This comment was edited on May 31, 01:02.

42. Re: ... May 30, 2006, 18:17 D4rkKnight

No... it doesn't. Community-made material cannot represent the official package.

Yes, it does. The original intent of this game was for its continued life through community support and Bioware/Atari patching. It has more then pulled through on its goal, and has secured its place in RPG history as a gem.

The demograph of this type of game is expected to reach further then the OC, visiting sites like NWVault and participating in a community of adventures and addons. It has exceeded anyones expectations, no matter how grand, in this respect.

It has enjoyed a reign of the largest community support for a CRPG ever in the history of video games, and as such, it has more then earned its spot in RPG history as a classic, not only accomplishing just this feat, but expanding beyond most RPG classics to provide countless more content then any other could hope to achieve.

34. No subject May 30, 2006, 03:49 D4rkKnight

With all the custom content in NWN, it definitly deserves its place amoung the other RPG classics you listed.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Why there are no indie video games May 27, 2006, 21:41 D4rkKnight

Good article, online distribution seems to be the best method of sparking indie game development, but as he mentioned this only applies to PC's, and without a box on a shelf how many copies can you really sell?

812 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo