Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D4rkKnight

Real Name D4rkKnight   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 28, 2003, 01:15
Total Comments 813 (Graduate)
User ID 16595

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Medieval II: Total War Patch Thursday
2. No subject Apr 3, 2007, 20:59 D4rkKnight

Its cool that they are at least trying to bring real multiplayer to this game, I know its unreasonable to expect full implementation in this game (only auto resolve battles), but I think they should try a simultanious turn kinda thing for the next game, something like Civ 4.

Problem with this kinda game is the battles, I cant think of any way to do that besides only playing 1v1 matches, as others would be forced to wait the duration of a battle until they could continue, and thats not going to work. They should at least try to get a fully working 1v1 multiplayer campaign mode, if nothing else they could provide full campaign and battle support for that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Thompson Reacts to Take Two Lawsuit. Mar 17, 2007, 18:22 D4rkKnight

" I have been praying, literally, that Take-Two and its lawyers would do something so stupid… that such a misstep would enable me to destroy Take-Two…

The pit Take-Two has dug for itself will be patently clear next week when I strike back."

Oh god thats classic.

News Comments > Funcom Drops "Offline" Games
14. No subject Mar 14, 2007, 19:27 D4rkKnight

I didnt play Dreamfall because I heard they implemented retarded mini-games and none of them were fun yet you are forced to play them. And the reason for this? Because it was a console game and console gamers wont buy a game thats pure adventure they need some "action" elements in it to keep them interested.

You can shove your piracy up your ass, if I ever see a PC game brought down to a console level I wont get near it, dreamfall included.

News Comments > Piracy versus PC Gaming
72. No subject Mar 9, 2007, 23:59 D4rkKnight

How much money do these companies waste on anti-piracy, is there a rough % floating around?

Its pretty much proven after the release and success of both Company of Heroes and Gal Civ 2 that these types of protection are nothing but a waste. The publishers and developers cry bloody murder over piracy and in the end create their own demise, the end user is the only person who suffers, having to deal with these safedisc and starforce and whatever protection they decided to slap on your cd. Treat me like a criminal rummaging around for my cds, yet the pirates get their cracks and dont even need one. Not to mention that the time and money that went into this process could have been used to...I dont know heres a concept...make a more complete product!

With such a statement being made from ID im skeptical about purchasing or even entertaining the idea of purchasing a product from them in the future.

This comment was edited on Mar 10, 00:03.

News Comments > Piracy versus PC Gaming
40. Re: No subject Mar 9, 2007, 22:24 D4rkKnight

[if the product is on your PC, and you did not pay for it, they have lost the revenue.[i]

So, being a broke college student, lets say I go download ID's latest game, and I see its crap and after playing for an hour I delete it.

I'd like to know how that qualifies as lost revenue. First of all, I don't have the money to buy the game, second I wouldn't even if I did, and third theres still just as many game boxes, manuals, cd's, and everything else they spent their money producing the game on the store shelves as there was before I downloaded the game. How again does this equal lost revenue?

The first step to combating piracy is to stop all the lies associated with fighting it.

News Comments > Stronghold Legends Patch
1. No subject Feb 3, 2007, 17:33 D4rkKnight

Still cant play LAN without connecting to Gamespy? It took them like two years to add proper LAN to Stronghold 2...

News Comments > Christmas Mobilization
2. No subject Dec 25, 2006, 21:15 D4rkKnight

On the topic of PSP's, they apparently hacked sonys emulator and unlocked the abilities of it so now you can play pretty much the entire PS1 library on PSP.

News Comments > BF2142 Patch Tomorrow
2. No subject Dec 18, 2006, 18:17 D4rkKnight

Is this the patch that breaks the game?

News Comments > Counter-Strike Prices Hot As A Pistol
11. No subject Dec 9, 2006, 20:37 D4rkKnight

The 5-7 can hold its own versus the desert eagle, the only thing about the deagle is that its too easy to insta kill with it. That makes it usefull against rifles when all you can afford is the pistol (well that doesnt work anymore with this price shit), but if it was pistol vs pistol I would take the 5-7.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: CIA Website Nov 27, 2006, 04:21 D4rkKnight

They started playing CIA recruitment ads on the radio here in the detroit area. They play them alot...

News Comments > The Ship Free Weekend
8. No subject Oct 31, 2006, 22:44 D4rkKnight

Everyone here seems to hate this game. I've been waiting for this free weekend to try it out before paying for it.

I'm all for innovative concepts but I realize that a game like this depends on players actually playing it to be successfull , that was pretty much the only reason I was skeptical about buying it.

News Comments > Sunday Game Reviews
2. No subject Oct 29, 2006, 19:20 D4rkKnight

Their review of Stronhold Legends is just a poorly written review whether you like or hate the game.

He fails to even mention the multiplayer aspect of the game which is almost flawlessly implemented...yet I dont even SEE the word multiplayer in that entire review, and multiplayer is the only reason I still play stronghold games.

Thats not all but its the most blatently obvious flaw with the review.

News Comments > New Medieval II: Total War Demo
3. No subject Oct 27, 2006, 14:51 D4rkKnight

is this playable without a SSE or whatever processor?

News Comments > Postal 3 Details
20. No subject Oct 19, 2006, 02:06 D4rkKnight

Late 2008 release? Thats alot of time to work on this game.

News Comments > Gold - Neverwinter Nights 2
48. Re: NWN 2 cents Oct 18, 2006, 03:05 D4rkKnight

The only way I see it is both parties are at fault. As to who more then the other thats up for personal opinion but you cannot deny both of their responsibilities when they agreed to do the game.

I for one am going to hold off for reviews on this.

News Comments > etc.
2. No subject Oct 8, 2006, 19:41 D4rkKnight

Its a well known fact that LAN parties are havens for crack whores and heroine junkies. I dont know about you, but thats where I get my supply from.

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights 2 Movie
1. No subject Oct 7, 2006, 15:07 D4rkKnight

I hope that was taken some time ago because as much as they tried to hide it there alot of missing or poor animations in that movie. The spiders towards the end dont even move their legs, they just glide along the floor, and the fights in the middle didnt "connect".

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Silent Heroes
14. No subject Sep 29, 2006, 21:03 D4rkKnight

Oh, and Heroes is no longer worth playing as of the release of CoH.

Heroes will still be worth playing 10 years from now.

News Comments > Counter-Strike Free Market
37. No subject Sep 24, 2006, 15:58 D4rkKnight

Translation: I am a CS:S noob and would get owned even by a scout sniper.

Psh, dont rag on the scouts, best gun in the game!

News Comments > The Ship Patch
2. No subject Sep 14, 2006, 02:31 D4rkKnight

Waiting for a free weekend for this.

813 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo