Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D4rkKnight

Real Name D4rkKnight   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 28, 2003, 01:15
Total Comments 816 (Graduate)
User ID 16595

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Crysis Demo Released
40. No subject Oct 27, 2007, 01:37 D4rkKnight

Runs decent here, needs 2 gigs to truly work. Anyways this might have been mentioned I'm not reading all the comments but the intros are in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis SP Demo\Game\Localized\Video

You can delete the intros or just move them either works.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
7. No subject Oct 25, 2007, 20:22 D4rkKnight

Sales for the Witcher will probably be poor. Its a good game but come on its a niche RPG, its not going to market well.

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights 2 Adventure Pack Announced
7. No subject Oct 21, 2007, 22:43 D4rkKnight

The D&D world has been faithfully represented in video game form, many times now. The Infinity engine brought us so many great D&D games, and while they can try and copy its content in new games, they always fail in reproducing a proper game engine to display that content.

News Comments > Vanguard Updated
1. No subject Oct 17, 2007, 00:17 D4rkKnight

Free trial or no go.

News Comments > etc.
4. No subject Oct 8, 2007, 18:52 D4rkKnight

Circuit city ussually has some good deals on new games, they had Bioshock for $39.99 during its first week where everywhere else it was $50.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. No subject Oct 6, 2007, 17:39 D4rkKnight

"Chris Israel"

Its obviously a conspiracy.

News Comments > Command & Conquer Saga Announced
20. No subject Oct 3, 2007, 02:40 D4rkKnight

Generals is a great game, the hardcore fans get angry because its not C&C enough for them.

News Comments > Crysis Beta Signups
6. No subject Oct 2, 2007, 01:18 D4rkKnight

I've been in line for an hour, started at 45 minutes, still says 45 minutes, but im # 41/196 now so at least its moving down slowly.

News Comments > Clive Barker's Jericho Demo
55. No subject Sep 26, 2007, 21:30 D4rkKnight

I didnt like the tunnel part where you gotta get the keys just right or you die, kinda loses its appeal when i'm trying my 3rd or 4th time to play the same segment because one wrong key and your dead.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Soulstorm Announced
15. No subject Sep 26, 2007, 20:40 D4rkKnight

So is this going to merit a titanium edition?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Star Wars Empire at War: Gold Pack
2. No subject Sep 14, 2007, 22:23 D4rkKnight

Same here but the space battles get boring pretty quickly. Its more of a novelty game to me, great to watch the pretty graphics but pretty shallow overall.

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online Free Trial
4. No subject Aug 29, 2007, 21:55 D4rkKnight

its a good looking game, and I liked it for 20 some levels, but it eventually becomes a grind fest like all other games, after you finish chapter 1 you have to wait like 10 levels to start the next chapter and really all I was doing was fetch this kill this collect this etc, etc, etc, cancelled.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Two Worlds
4. No subject Aug 24, 2007, 21:26 D4rkKnight

Huge world with tonsa stuff to see but bad dialogue and stories.

I can see it being avery fun game for some but I got bored quickly because the characters are so generic and their ye olde bullshit speak is so annoying.

News Comments > BioShock Demo
112. No subject Aug 21, 2007, 06:19 D4rkKnight

I think the water looks great, better then what I've seen in other games, especially smaller touches like it rolling down stairs, it just looks amazing.

News Comments > Avernum 5 Announced
14. No subject Jul 13, 2007, 05:34 D4rkKnight

What made them special was the amount of narrative attached to so many locations in the game. You walk almost anywhere on the map and theres a story for it.

This hasnt changed in #4 I dont doubt, but I cannot stand the new control style, I always hated the feel of Geneforge interface vs the direct style in Old Avernum/Exile. I'm saying he should go back to the original style, disregarding graphics entirly.

Yeah he could do a grapphics overhaul but the point is he can do so much more just creating these worlds like he does now. In a perfect world he could do it all but lets be honest here you know something is going to get sacrificed to make that upgrade.

11. No subject Jul 13, 2007, 00:11 D4rkKnight

Bah better engine better graphics, all the while alienating what makes these games truly special. He switched to Geneforge style over the old Exile/Avernum style on #4 and now I hate it. Avernum 3 was my favorite, huge outdoor world, not trapped underground the whole game, and classic UI/gameplay. I really wish he would go BACK to his older style, not keep changing it for the people who want better graphics.

This comment was edited on Jul 13, 00:13.

1. No subject Jul 12, 2007, 22:05 D4rkKnight

I loved the Avernum series and Exile too but I really hate this new Geneforge style interface and controls. I never played more then the demo of Avernum 4 because of that and this looks to be the same way.

News Comments > Sunday Previews
73. No subject Jul 1, 2007, 22:13 D4rkKnight

Pertaining to this whole "immersive experience" topic...Where does this nonsense of FP being "more immersive" then third or isometric come from?

I was under the impression that to be immersed in a game I have to be thoroughly enjoying it, and regardless of the perspective that is chosen to present that experience, it comes down to how good the actual game is, not whether it "simulates" my real life perspective.

The way I see it, PoV has nothing to do with immersion, but rather it is based upon the individuals perceptions and expectations, and the ability of the game to deliver upon these. I certainly recall being fully immersed in Fallout 1 and 2, mostly because it was mature and gritty, and allowed me to craft a character that was truly my own in a seemingly living, breathing world.

I'm sure if Bethsoft was able to capture the atmosphere and style of the originals, even in a FP perspective, I could be equally immersed in it as well. However, I doubt it would have little if any to do with the fact that they changed perspectives.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Details
46. No subject Jun 17, 2007, 16:40 D4rkKnight

And it uses the Oblivion engine, what more needs to be said about the "feel" of the game.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Details
36. No subject Jun 17, 2007, 02:59 D4rkKnight

Bethsoft storylines have never made me care. I've played their RPG's since Arena came out, and not once did I care about any of their plotlines or character dialogue. Failing these things, Fallout 3 will never live up to its name.

Bethsoft makes enjoyable games, the Fallout series and Black Isle in particular, made captivating games. Thats the difference for me.

This comment was edited on Jun 17, 03:03.

816 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo