Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D4rkKnight

Real Name D4rkKnight   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 28, 2003, 01:15
Total Comments 813 (Graduate)
User ID 16595

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Games for Windows Live Marketplace Closes Next Week
7. Re: Games for Windows Live Marketplace Closes Next Week Aug 15, 2013, 21:16 D4rkKnight

Good, it can stop fucking up our games now.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NVIDIA Unleaks GTA5 PC Comment - New Trailers Released
27. Re: NVIDIA Unleaks GTA5 PC Comment - New Trailers Released Aug 14, 2013, 19:02 D4rkKnight

It's kind of depressing to think about GTA5 on the consoles after playing GTA4 on the PC with max settings. I can no longer play my PS3 version of GTA4 because it looks and runs like an entirely different game from my computer.

I guess in about a year or two we will finally get the real version of GTA5.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 10, 2013, 15:27 D4rkKnight

I was looking for an Ultima type game on IOS/Android and while this Ultima Forever crap is just that, I did manage to find this little game which is quite fun:

http://toucharcade.com/2013/06/21/9th-dawn-review/

Apparently the dev's are working on a sequel to be released sometime next year - worth checking out if you are into old school rpg's on mobile devices (works on phones and tablets)

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Aug 2, 2013, 23:41 D4rkKnight

I looked at the pictures on their website for the product and it only showed the original single disc for Skyrim. In the description it says it includes the expansions but they need to fix their image.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: The Complete Elder Scrolls Collection comes to PC this Septemberů Aug 2, 2013, 20:46 D4rkKnight

Neat...looks like Skyrim doesn't come with the expansion DLC but we will see. If it turns out it doesn't that's a major oversight by Bethsoft and ruins this collection.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Shadowrun Returns
21. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadowrun Returns Jul 25, 2013, 21:06 D4rkKnight

This game has no inventory? How does acquiring weapons work? No inventory sounds pretty boring.  

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Campaign Map Planner
3. Re: Total War: ROME II Campaign Map Planner Jul 13, 2013, 00:20 D4rkKnight

The campaign is much more interesting now and I'm sure they've made some interesting changes since Shogun2.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 28, 2013, 17:17 D4rkKnight

theglaze wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 13:31:

An argument of semantics - the end result is the same.

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Trailer
2. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Trailer Jun 10, 2013, 20:51 D4rkKnight

It's a good thing for kickstarters(and CDProjekt) - we have some real RPG's coming that actually show promise. Then there's this...

Everything announced today (PS4 still to come) is all flash and no substance.

News Comments > X Rebirth Lives
21. Re: X Rebirth Lives Jun 7, 2013, 17:44 D4rkKnight

I'm a bit confused about the backlash of no information. I count 8 youtube videos over the last two months on development with in game video on their channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xuniversechannel?feature=watch

Not to mention it was September 2011 when they officially released tons of gameplay information and screenshots, which is not even two years - still quite awhile but people love to exaggerate.

News Comments > On Sale
19. Re: On Sale Jun 2, 2013, 00:59 D4rkKnight

If you dont want the bulleted version:

Morrowind is an intelligent, mature rpg

Skyrim is a simple, action rpg.

Morrowinds biggest fault is its combat - which has barely any feeling to it. If you could take Skyrims (already crappy but certainly better) combat and drop it into Morrowind - it would hold up awesome. The graphics improvements help tremendously but the combat can't be fixed.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 25, 2013, 21:04 D4rkKnight

Microsofts best mouse: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826105185

I still buy these things on Ebay

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Flashback Funded
5. Re: Jagged Alliance: Flashback Funded May 25, 2013, 17:53 D4rkKnight

Yeah that is not Jagged Alliance. If you played whatever they have made (I don't bother keeping track) after JA2 you are playing an entirely different series.

They are basing this kickstarter on JA2, so if you didn't play that you missed out on the whole point of this kickstarter

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Flashback Funded
1. Re: Jagged Alliance: Flashback Funded May 25, 2013, 00:21 D4rkKnight

Not so sure about this team based on their previous games (Frontline Tactics looked horrible) and what they are currently working on (Space Hulk?) - but their goal for JA:F is spot on so hopefully they pull this off.  

News Comments > MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue
8. Re: MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue May 22, 2013, 20:26 D4rkKnight

I don't care if they stop developing games for the PC, they did have some good releases before Xbox came out but Windows gaming can survive easily enough without their contributions.

I just wish they would stop creating half-assed implementations like "Games for Windows Live" so developers can actually implement their own systems instead of tacking that bloatware trash on top and calling their multiplayer component complete. It's already ruined GTA4 and Dark Souls multiplayer, they need to stop spreading their gaming diseases to other titles.

News Comments > Dark Souls PC "Half-Assed" - PC Prioritized for Sequel
83. Re: Dark Souls PC Apr 13, 2013, 13:40 D4rkKnight

You are forgetting that those "horrible" graphics are directly brought from the consoles and that the only true platform that shows the work these graphics artists put into their world is the PC with dsfix installed.

The amount of detail they put into the world that is lost in the muddy graphics of PS3/Xbox360 is actually very sad - I could never play another Souls game on consoles after seeing the transition that dsfix brought to the game.

I want to make sure we are all on the same page here, if you have not installed dsfix and are commenting on the games graphics - please stop and click here for simple comparison shots.

News Comments > Dark Souls PC "Half-Assed" - PC Prioritized for Sequel
63. Re: Dark Souls PC Apr 12, 2013, 17:49 D4rkKnight

Basically they will just take the existing fixes from dsfix and dsmousefix and implement them into the next game. Works for me - if you did not apply those fixes and still complain about the DS port, you probably should stick to consoles.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
13. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 11, 2013, 20:01 D4rkKnight

False positives AVG - I wonder who payed them to release this statistically incorrect information.  

News Comments > New Jagged Alliance Coming
11. Re: New Jagged Alliance Coming Apr 11, 2013, 19:57 D4rkKnight

JA2 with 1.13 mod is an amazing game with an impressive arsenal of weaponry. If you think all JA games were bad you clearly never played the series. Regardless of gameplay preferences, it is clear the game was phenomenal whether you enjoyed it or not.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Apr 9, 2013, 22:13 D4rkKnight

Simcity is 33% off at Gamefly  

813 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo