Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D4rkKnight

Real Name D4rkKnight   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 28, 2003, 01:15
Total Comments 821 (Graduate)
User ID 16595

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. No subject Jan 5, 2008, 19:33 D4rkKnight

From my experience, never skimp on the Mobo. Almost always has been the source of problems if my comp stops working (That and video cards). I have a rule where I try to spend about $75 on the mobo, its a good mid range price thats worked for about 5 comps I built in the last few years with no defectives.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Q&A
11. No subject Jan 4, 2008, 23:50 D4rkKnight

I enjoyed Crysis but seriously, where is that patch? Multiplayer has so many serious issues that are not even being addressed.

If Far Cry 2 is a good game all they have to do to beat Crysis for me is not dissapear after the games released. Crytek, you guys suck at supporting your game.

News Comments > World in Conflict Patch
6. No subject Dec 17, 2007, 19:07 D4rkKnight

No rank balancing was the biggest issue I had with the game, if I catch it at 39.99 I think I'll pick it up.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Gameplay Stats
19. No subject Dec 8, 2007, 21:43 D4rkKnight

I never play on servers with instant respawn. I'm used to playing CS and COD4 where you die, you are out till the next round. I like to have the feeling that if I kill someone, it matters, and if I die, it hurts me and my team.

With instant respawn its like...whats the point if I kill that guy in his base, he will just reappear 10 feet away.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
3. No subject Dec 8, 2007, 18:08 D4rkKnight

regardless its doing very well and spells out a bright future for Nintendo.

News Comments > Stronghold 2 Patch
3. No subject Dec 6, 2007, 23:39 D4rkKnight

I played multiplayer when it came out, was really fun. I enjoy the combat more then in Original or Crusader, its just easier to manage my troops.

But as a whole, not nearly as good as the earlier ones.

News Comments > Deus Ex 3 Confirmed
63. No subject Nov 27, 2007, 06:07 D4rkKnight

Thats the thing, when you make a game, you select a target audience, and create your game around that group of individuals. What they are trying to do now, and with IW, is to create a game for everyone. Its this basic flaw in their thinking that leads to all these diluted crap games that we get, lets not focus on making a great game for this group of gamers, lets make a mediocre game that can appeal to anyone.

58. Re: No subject Nov 26, 2007, 21:47 D4rkKnight

That is why you should not look at 2 reviews, but aggregate review sites. Almost all the time there is a consensus from the reviewers about how good the game is. You increase your chances of getting good information.

Good information in this case amounts to 83.6%, pretty close to the 85% between those two. The message is IW was a great game, make more of the same stuff. I don't like that message.

News Comments > Hellgate: London Patch Plans
4. No subject Nov 26, 2007, 21:33 D4rkKnight

Why did they label their patches 0.X ? It's like they are asking for trouble.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Namco lifts the lid on new Wii RPG. Nov 26, 2007, 21:31 D4rkKnight

Liking the look of this fragile game. Theres a very short trailer, plus some screens on that site.

50. No subject Nov 26, 2007, 19:58 D4rkKnight

Why would anyone expect this to be good? Look at IW, taking two of the largest reviewers scores into account, IGN = 9.0 Outstanding, and Gamespot = 8.0 Great.

Since reviews like these = sales, and the avg score between those two huge reviewers is an 8.5, why would they even attempt to do anything more then what was done in IW? The end goal would be to develop a game for every console in existence, the PC being an afterthought. We end up with the feeling that IW had on the PC.

I personally hated IW, but if this kind of game play merits a 9.0 from a site that guarantees countless copies sold, why would they make anything but another clone of IW? Before you say I dont care about the reviews, lets not forget that, while some may not care about these review sites, the game developers certainly do.

But if IW sold poorly, regardless of these reviews, it says that DX was a PC game, with a PC following, first and foremost, and they alienated that audience from the very beginning. Sadly I don't see that changing, now more then ever the console is the ruling money maker.

This comment was edited on Nov 26, 20:06.

News Comments > New ATI Catalyst Drivers
11. No subject Nov 21, 2007, 23:29 D4rkKnight

I don't know about options for that, but I run some older games that don't have wide-screen fine on my 16:10 monitor. I had an Nvidia card for 6 months before I got this ATI one, I've seen no difference in the resolutions between them.

News Comments > New ATI Catalyst Drivers
7. No subject Nov 21, 2007, 17:48 D4rkKnight

CCC sucks. It's not hard to run ATI Tray tools though, and just get the display driver, at that point it beats Nvidia's control panel.

News Comments > World in Conflict Trial
2. No subject Nov 21, 2007, 02:12 D4rkKnight

I would buy if it had rank balanced games in pubs. Ranks are great and really show a persons skills, why then is there no team balancing based on them? Forces you to clan, and I want casual games. The game forces me into stacked matches where theres no chance of winning. I played beta and the demo for well over 1000 matches, and I can say firsthand that the majority of the players will stack, and theres a mass stack rush at the start of almost every game. Its just ridiculous, nobody wants to play fair, they just want easy wins.

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 02:14.

News Comments > Steam Stats
18. No subject Nov 19, 2007, 04:49 D4rkKnight

I was in those caves too, lotsa big bugs shooting acid at me...riiiight, got passed the turret attack part and then stopped playing. Valve has pretty boring environments.

News Comments > id Mobile Q&A
2. No subject Nov 17, 2007, 21:19 D4rkKnight

DS needs more shooters, they work extremely good on it, and theres not much selection. This is good news to me.

News Comments > Crysis Patch Within Two Weeks
32. No subject Nov 16, 2007, 17:30 D4rkKnight

I would buy this game for multiplayer if it had physics in DX9...but they butchered the physics and require you to buy vista to get them back. Not buying cause without the cool physics its just another standard shooter and not a very good one at that.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Crysis
40. No subject Nov 13, 2007, 18:34 D4rkKnight

I just really hope this and COD4 get lots of custom map love, and mods of course. CS:S is great because theres a ton of custom maps to keep it fresh, if it was the same old maps for years now I wouldn't still be playing it. Problem is CS:S feels like an arcade game now in comparison to COD4.

News Comments > Hellgate Founder's Club Extended
10. No subject Nov 11, 2007, 18:40 D4rkKnight

I played it, and its crap. Good thing you can cancel preorders. I might check it out if it hits the $19.99 range, its not worth anything more, and even that is pushing it.

News Comments > Hellgate: London Live, Subscriptions Not
56. No subject Nov 1, 2007, 00:15 D4rkKnight

Bizarro's the guy who spent 3 grand on a computer, so I imagine the guy is swimming in cash.

For the rest of us, we like to spend our money wisely, because it doesnt come in endless supply's. I certainly don't feel guilty about getting what I paid for, and a $50 game is anything but a bargain even if lasts me years. What it is, assuming it provides that much entertainment, is a gaurentee of a future customer assuming you dont ass rape me with subscription charges on future installments.

821 Comments. 42 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo