Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D4rkKnight

Real Name D4rkKnight   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 28, 2003, 01:15
Total Comments 817 (Graduate)
User ID 16595

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Update Tomorrow
14. No subject Feb 13, 2008, 20:28 D4rkKnight

It certainly requires a lot more power then normal HL2 and Counterstrike: Source. My laptop runs both of those fine on high settings, but switching to TF2 it can barely handle it on low 800x600.

Granted its a HD2300 video card, not very good, but goes to show TF2 does require more then the other official source games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire Patch
10. No subject Feb 9, 2008, 07:36 D4rkKnight

Thats why I wanted the map download in so bad, average games on the official maps last around 2-4 hours for 3-6 people, longer for more. Their random map generator only makes medium to large maps as well, the game only tailors to very very long multiplayer matches unless you just want 1v1

I made some really small maps, two planets per player that should cut it down to about an hour but it will be awhile till I can play them on ICO against others.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire Patch
7. No subject Feb 9, 2008, 02:59 D4rkKnight

Yeah a great game, needs a fix for players dropping in multiplayer, the AI that takes over does nothing. Maybe make it good, or let others join in, IDK, something.

Still want to see map downloading, dev response said not likely anytime soon which makes me go ARGH! I hate the big maps that come with the game for 4-8 players.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire Patch Plans
62. No subject Feb 8, 2008, 21:48 D4rkKnight

I posted about in game galaxy forge downloading...dev's say it wont happen for awhile which is a bummer.

I made two very small maps as I don't like the 3 hour matches most of the original maps go to, they are called Engagement and Second Engagement, once they get uploaded on the map download section. Either way my wish of hosting and having others downloading them and we play is not going to happen anytime soon.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire Patch Plans
42. No subject Feb 7, 2008, 20:47 D4rkKnight

Besides the multi-player bug fixes, all I really want to see is the ability to host Galaxy Forge created maps...my map is all of 5kb but nobody else can play it because they have no download system implemented.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. No subject Feb 7, 2008, 18:37 D4rkKnight

While I don't care about MMORPG's on their systems, Nintendo is so afraid of online predators that they end up just shy of ruining the multi-player in their games for the rest of us.

News Comments > Dragon Age by End of March '09
11. No subject Feb 2, 2008, 17:27 D4rkKnight

If you develop a great PC game, it can and might sell like hotcakes.

Fixed

News Comments > WoW Patch Plans
4. No subject Feb 2, 2008, 01:21 D4rkKnight

I wouldn't call them "ghost towns" (this is WoW we are talking about after all) but theres certainly going to be a lot less lower levels running around, the majority of the player base is 60-70.

I imagine if you joined the right guild you would have people to play with, otherwise not so many.

News Comments > Dragon Age by End of March '09
6. Re: Jesus H Christ Feb 2, 2008, 01:15 D4rkKnight

Afaik, it's being delayed becasue they changed their mind about PC only release and now instead are doing multiplatform development.

If this is true I would not even consider purchasing.

News Comments > New GeForce 8800 GS Drivers
11. No subject Jan 31, 2008, 02:09 D4rkKnight

Yeah it does run pretty damn good on the x1950pro, settings med-high, avg like 25-35fps. Beat campaign and play multi-player with no problems and looks good.

If its running like crap it might be your ram, anything below 2gigs is really pushing it on Crysis.

9. No subject Jan 30, 2008, 20:47 D4rkKnight

I'm talking about the aspect of Nvidia introducing things like triple SLI, instead of bringing out better cards to drive down the price of current ones.

7. No subject Jan 30, 2008, 20:15 D4rkKnight

And I always chuckle a little when I think about how much money people pay for new cards. My x1950pro is running crysis pretty nicely at $120.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
2. No subject Jan 18, 2008, 15:50 D4rkKnight

I was looking into recent space games, heres one I didn't know about till now, also called Darkstar (one)

http://pc.ign.com/objects/815/815150.html

News Comments > etc.
2. Boll ejected from big-budget ring Jan 16, 2008, 03:57 D4rkKnight

Its officially the end of Boll at the box office but no comments...I'm surprised, not that we didn't see this coming.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. No subject Jan 15, 2008, 17:46 D4rkKnight

I've had a keylogger called darkmoon or something show up on my scans multiple times after visiting normal websites like this one.

I cannot pin point the exact website I get it from, but over the last few months my scanner has found it at least 4 times, every time from an advertisement.

Beyond that advertisements slow down my browsing by a large margin, sometimes failing to contact the advertisers website, so the rest of the page refuses to load and I sit there watching the status bar, connecting to ad....com.

I'm all for ads generating revenue but they really don't seem to give a shit about the negative effects they instill upon their customers computers.

News Comments > Lord of the Rings Online DX10 Support
54. No subject Jan 7, 2008, 18:47 D4rkKnight

You have to see the way the light shines thru the leaves

This is a neat effect, and I remember it being done to the same extent in games before DX10 came out. Of course, now that DX10 is out, you must have it to get the effect in todays games...Makes perfect sense eh.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. No subject Jan 5, 2008, 19:33 D4rkKnight

From my experience, never skimp on the Mobo. Almost always has been the source of problems if my comp stops working (That and video cards). I have a rule where I try to spend about $75 on the mobo, its a good mid range price thats worked for about 5 comps I built in the last few years with no defectives.

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Q&A
11. No subject Jan 4, 2008, 23:50 D4rkKnight

I enjoyed Crysis but seriously, where is that patch? Multiplayer has so many serious issues that are not even being addressed.

If Far Cry 2 is a good game all they have to do to beat Crysis for me is not dissapear after the games released. Crytek, you guys suck at supporting your game.

News Comments > World in Conflict Patch
6. No subject Dec 17, 2007, 19:07 D4rkKnight

No rank balancing was the biggest issue I had with the game, if I catch it at 39.99 I think I'll pick it up.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Gameplay Stats
19. No subject Dec 8, 2007, 21:43 D4rkKnight

I never play on servers with instant respawn. I'm used to playing CS and COD4 where you die, you are out till the next round. I like to have the feeling that if I kill someone, it matters, and if I die, it hurts me and my team.

With instant respawn its like...whats the point if I kill that guy in his base, he will just reappear 10 feet away.

817 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo