Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D4rkKnight

Real Name D4rkKnight   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 28, 2003, 01:15
Total Comments 816 (Graduate)
User ID 16595

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > SotSE: Entrenchment Delayed, Beta Plans
14. Re: Entrenchment Delay Nov 12, 2008, 22:52 D4rkKnight

Pre-ordering stuff in stores seems dumb because you have to pay $10 or $5 or whatever, you can get it back (I think) but why put any money out at all?

I pre-ordered Hellgate (lol) from best-buy, $10 I think. I did it because of the guaranteed beta code physically in my hands, and they offered some dye or whatever bonus. Thankfully yes, you do get your $10 back, which I found out after quickly returning that trash before it hit retail.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Entrenchment Delay Nov 12, 2008, 03:48 D4rkKnight

January to Dec is a few months eh? Ok if you say so

Hey at least here you don't pay $50 for what amounts to a mod.

While I respect the dev's efforts on this product, it does take them a very long time to finalize their patches. Correct my if I am wrong, but none of those patches you mention are finished yet, they have been in beta since July. I've been waiting until they finish up their patches and mini-expansions before playing this game again, and it's getting to a point where I don't know If I will be interested enough to purchase them at that time.

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 2008, 04:28.

1. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Entrenchment Nov 11, 2008, 20:42 D4rkKnight

By the time this comes out I don't know if I will even care anymore. It's supposed to be a 3-part expansion plan, and the first part is taking a year to be released, what does that say about the next two?

Maybe they should just make Sins 2 with all these proposed changes instead.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Public Demo
79. Re: Left 4 Dead Public Demo Nov 11, 2008, 19:42 D4rkKnight

Yeah I played the demo, thats why I say its worth between 20-30. I would ideally like to pay 20 but I would be willing to go 30 because of their commitment to content patches. Its just not worth more then that to me, so I don't know what else to say to you.

You should be getting 5MB/S+ even when Steams "getting hammered". Steam has a large pipe. Don't give me this shit about servers "getting hammered". I've never come CLOSE to a miserable 90kb/s.

Well back in reality where bandwidth is limited and server peaks can bring down the largest most expensive networks in the world, we are getting about 100-200k/sec.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2008, 19:43.

75. Re: Left 4 Dead Public Demo Nov 11, 2008, 19:29 D4rkKnight

Well I should say $20-30 depending on how you look at it, but TF2 to me was always a $20 game. This game is just overpriced, and it doesn't come with 2 other games like TF2 did.  

71. Re: Left 4 Dead Public Demo Nov 11, 2008, 19:03 D4rkKnight

Well that should be expected for a $20 product that costs $50  

68. Re: Left 4 Dead Public Demo Nov 11, 2008, 18:57 D4rkKnight

I hear you could play as zombies, and Valve "patched" it out.

I also hear you could play split screen with a controller, and valve removed that as well.
^ I see this is addressed below in another article.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2008, 18:59.

News Comments > X3: Terran Conflict Rolling Demo
24. Re: X3: Terran Conflict Rolling Demo Nov 5, 2008, 16:08 D4rkKnight

the scenes you see in the demo will never happen unless you actively set them up that way. There will never be a battle where six capships are in the same screen around a station, all firing at once.

Yeah not in vanilla, once the modders finish some ports, like Xenon Migration, and Race Response Fleets, then we will see some real action

Of course for now theres always those insane bugged patrol missions...

News Comments > X3: Terran Conflict Rolling Demo
11. Re: X3: Terran Conflict Rolling Demo Nov 5, 2008, 15:19 D4rkKnight

The UI is pretty good now, I hated Reunion because the windows are so small and it seems you have to go through 3-4 menus to get to something that should be accessible in one.

This is rarely the case in X:TC, but when managing individual ships it can still be tedious. There are already hotkey scripts to fix this problem and give you instant fleet management like it should have, but be aware that you will need to download them.

The encyclopedia is a nice touch, which should have been in all the previous X games. Now I don't have to scour the forums to compare products in the game.

Oh one thing, I would recommend securing a boxed version, Steam already showed us how slow they can be to get the patches up, it took them like 4 days to update a 1 meg patch, imagine when a big patch comes out and they decide to wait a week or two to distribute it

This comment was edited on Nov 5, 2008, 15:23.

News Comments > Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor Announced
17. Re: Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor An Nov 3, 2008, 18:10 D4rkKnight

Its not "basically" Soldiers 2, it gives Soldiers a bad name and I would never recommend it to anyone over Soldiers. They took everything cool about Soldiers and threw it out the window, improved the graphics, and called it Faces of War. If you want a good example of direct-fire in a great game, you will find it in Soldiers: HOWWII, not Faces of War.

News Comments > Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor Announced
9. Re: Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor An Nov 3, 2008, 15:33 D4rkKnight

Meh, don't mention that Faces of War shit, its more like Soldiers Heroes of WWII, and thats pretty cool but not needed in CoH because unlike Soldiers its a real RTS not a tactical strategy game.  

News Comments > New Free Grimm Episode
3. Re: New Free Grimm Episode Oct 31, 2008, 02:06 D4rkKnight

They're giving it away free?! It must be good!

Oh god every time I hear that commercial...

News Comments > Saints Row 2 PC in January
12. Re: Saints Row 2 PC in January Oct 30, 2008, 15:38 D4rkKnight

Who cares, it has full coop support and as long as that remains on the PC and works good its gold as far as I'm concerned.  

News Comments > Fallout 3 (and Far Cry 2) DRM Follow-up
47. Re: Fallout 3 (and Far Cry 2) DRM Follow Oct 29, 2008, 22:06 D4rkKnight

There is no crack for this game, it doesn't need one. So please, stop arguing about its DRM.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2008, 06:22 D4rkKnight

I had the same issue with the ads, but ever since I installed the Adblock add-on they've all gone away.  

News Comments > WoW Plague Plagues WoW
31. Re: WoW Plague Plagues WoW Oct 27, 2008, 15:39 D4rkKnight

WoW drama  

News Comments > X Series Done, X Universe Not
18. Re: X Series Done, X Universe Not Oct 26, 2008, 04:52 D4rkKnight

It's standalone, and the UI is very good now. The game has lots of bugs, namely that performance degradation, and some storyline bugs, plus some general AI problems. Still its fun and I'm happy with my purchase, knowing that in the future it will grow in content and polish.  

News Comments > X Series Done, X Universe Not
6. Re: X Series Done, X Universe Not Oct 25, 2008, 16:14 D4rkKnight

It was mentioned before that TC was the last of the X games, the "fanboys" on their forums know about this. I think their goal here is, they are still going to make space sims. It's just that they want to take the lore that they have and take it in a different direction in terms of game design.

Hopefully this means transition from sector travel, where your really just existing inside this box with fake stellar bodies in the background, to a real space setting where the planets and stars that you see can be traveled to.

I also hope they shrink the size of their next universe, because its just too large right now. Most of the sectors are just repeats of all the others, and only about 10% are worth seeing in terms of combat or interesting sights.

Either way, I think they are going to stick with space sims, but they want to remake their space sim from the ground up instead of using this same X formula, which I see as a great chance to fix the core problems of their series.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 2
27. Re: Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 2 Oct 21, 2008, 15:54 D4rkKnight

Anyway, I'm sure that the pirates have already played FC2 by now. Bastards.

Sure they have, on the 360. As for the PC version, its out there, but theres no crack, so you cant actually play it. Of course a month from now we are going to hear about how the PC version lost sales because of piracy, with no mention of this 360 leak and a subsequent promise to go console only in the future because this will show those pirates who's boss.

News Comments > On Open-World Co-op Support
7. No subject Oct 16, 2008, 15:31 D4rkKnight

Props to them for adding this co-op into Saints Row 2, but where is the freaking PC version?!

816 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo