Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D4rkKnight

Real Name D4rkKnight   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 28, 2003, 01:15
Total Comments 811 (Graduate)
User ID 16595

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > SOE on Steam, SEGA on GamersGate
9. Re: SOE on Steam, SEGA on GamersGate Jan 16, 2009, 19:40 D4rkKnight

They aren't great story tellers, they are great game designers. Their writers are just average.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New NWN2 Expansion Possible
11. Re: New NWN2 Expansion Possible Jan 11, 2009, 18:31 D4rkKnight

What ever happened to their fan made premium module?  

News Comments > Return to Vanguard
2. Re: Return to Vanguard Dec 23, 2008, 03:11 D4rkKnight

Too little too late. Where was the free trial when people actually cared?  

News Comments > Axl Rose on GnR in Guitar Hero
4. Re: Axl Rose on GnR in Guitar Hero Dec 16, 2008, 23:07 D4rkKnight

This is why drugs are bad for you, Mmkay?  

News Comments > GTA4 PC Patch Issues
24. Re: GTA4 PC Patch Issues Dec 13, 2008, 22:29 D4rkKnight

Microsoft does, they tested it for a whole week before releasing it according to R*. In fact we have to wait for every patch to be "tested" by MS before its released, and it's clear they take their time.  

News Comments > GTA4 PC Problems
73. Re: GTA4 PC Problems Dec 4, 2008, 16:18 D4rkKnight

The multiplayer has random bugs: when returning to the lobby from a game its sometimes impossible to start a new game, forcing a server shutdown.

The game randomly crashes after playing for awhile, it seems the more you play multiplayer the more unstable it gets.

When you spectate a game in progress the framerates drop to like 5fps and you get kicked for "Running to slow"

This is after playing for a few hours, I'm sure theres more issues.

News Comments > People Buy Valve's Games
2. Re: People Buy Valve's Games Dec 3, 2008, 22:17 D4rkKnight

I would agree about HL2, not HL1 though.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Grand Theft Auto IV
50. Re: Ships Ahoy - Grand Theft Auto IV Dec 3, 2008, 01:50 D4rkKnight

I can't believe R* sold out to Microsoft LIVE...they should have known from Microsoft's past record what this would mean, and they got exactly what was expected in the end. Well, props to Microsoft for proving to the PC crowd that they are incompetent of providing a simple installation and application of LIVE (again), and to R* for piling on more requirements and of course all that DRM. All this and bugs + performance issues, I'm so glad I wasn't able to purchase this game.  

17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Grand Theft Auto IV Dec 2, 2008, 23:08 D4rkKnight

I only liked San Andreas and only because of online servers with 100+ players playing cops and robbers.. I never really played the actual game.

Loved the old top down ones as a kid though, annoying as shit with the pop-up but oh so fun. I remember the Speed mission, you had to keep the bus at top speeds or the bomb goes off...it was almost impossible in that game.

14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Grand Theft Auto IV Dec 2, 2008, 22:36 D4rkKnight

I went to Best Buy and they had it in stock (In the back room), but they wouldn't sell it to me, told me they weren't allowed to until tomorrow. I told him todays the release date and he said he cant sell it because he could get in trouble...kind of ridiculous so I think I'll buy it somewhere else tomorrow (Only had time to check BB today).  

News Comments > Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas Goes Open Source
2. Re: Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas Goes O Nov 24, 2008, 15:29 D4rkKnight

Well I see 100/125 on CB's Cops and robbers server 1 as I write this:

http://www.crazybobs.net/

Theres like 50 other servers out there as well but that one was always my favorite.

Not sure if this is the same multiplayer app but if its not then this one is leagues ahead of MTA.

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2008, 15:31.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Neverwinter Nights 2: S Nov 22, 2008, 18:50 D4rkKnight

qStorm of Zehir hearkens back to the days of the Baldur’s Gate and Icewind Dale franchises by including full party customization, dungeon crawling, and free exploration of a non-linear game world via Overland Map."]

It took them 8 years to realize this formula actually works?

News Comments > It's Good to be the Lich King
23. Re: It's Good to be the Lich King Nov 20, 2008, 15:11 D4rkKnight

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/11/14/

Welcome to MMoRPG's...they don't sell fun, they sell online interaction. People will pay dearly to talk and interact with others in an online game.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: The Left 4 Dead Contest Nov 20, 2008, 05:04 D4rkKnight

That looks like it hurts.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Spore Creepy & Cute Parts Pack
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Spore Creepy & Cute Par Nov 19, 2008, 05:07 D4rkKnight

This is something that would be released as a free patch from most other PC dev's. Not that anyone is surprised by this...  

News Comments > SotSE: Entrenchment Delayed, Beta Plans
14. Re: Entrenchment Delay Nov 12, 2008, 22:52 D4rkKnight

Pre-ordering stuff in stores seems dumb because you have to pay $10 or $5 or whatever, you can get it back (I think) but why put any money out at all?

I pre-ordered Hellgate (lol) from best-buy, $10 I think. I did it because of the guaranteed beta code physically in my hands, and they offered some dye or whatever bonus. Thankfully yes, you do get your $10 back, which I found out after quickly returning that trash before it hit retail.

5. Re: Entrenchment Delay Nov 12, 2008, 03:48 D4rkKnight

January to Dec is a few months eh? Ok if you say so

Hey at least here you don't pay $50 for what amounts to a mod.

While I respect the dev's efforts on this product, it does take them a very long time to finalize their patches. Correct my if I am wrong, but none of those patches you mention are finished yet, they have been in beta since July. I've been waiting until they finish up their patches and mini-expansions before playing this game again, and it's getting to a point where I don't know If I will be interested enough to purchase them at that time.

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 2008, 04:28.

1. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Entrenchment Nov 11, 2008, 20:42 D4rkKnight

By the time this comes out I don't know if I will even care anymore. It's supposed to be a 3-part expansion plan, and the first part is taking a year to be released, what does that say about the next two?

Maybe they should just make Sins 2 with all these proposed changes instead.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Public Demo
79. Re: Left 4 Dead Public Demo Nov 11, 2008, 19:42 D4rkKnight

Yeah I played the demo, thats why I say its worth between 20-30. I would ideally like to pay 20 but I would be willing to go 30 because of their commitment to content patches. Its just not worth more then that to me, so I don't know what else to say to you.

You should be getting 5MB/S+ even when Steams "getting hammered". Steam has a large pipe. Don't give me this shit about servers "getting hammered". I've never come CLOSE to a miserable 90kb/s.

Well back in reality where bandwidth is limited and server peaks can bring down the largest most expensive networks in the world, we are getting about 100-200k/sec.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2008, 19:43.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Public Demo
75. Re: Left 4 Dead Public Demo Nov 11, 2008, 19:29 D4rkKnight

Well I should say $20-30 depending on how you look at it, but TF2 to me was always a $20 game. This game is just overpriced, and it doesn't come with 2 other games like TF2 did.  

811 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo