Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D4rkKnight

Real Name D4rkKnight   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 28, 2003, 01:15
Total Comments 821 (Graduate)
User ID 16595

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Demigod Piracy Follow-up
7. Re: Demigod Piracy Follow-up Apr 17, 2009, 20:48 D4rkKnight

Sometimes it's better to have less high quality content, than a load of average to below average content.

The state of the game now makes it a potential future purchase for me depending on how they handle updates. I think the item system is too simple, and I wondered about something: One thing that was really cool in DOTA was combining certain items to get better items, can you do that in this game?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Demigod Piracy Follow-up
4. Re: Demigod Piracy Follow-up Apr 17, 2009, 20:41 D4rkKnight

Maybe now they will stop talking about piracy and add enough content to justify paying even $10 for this game, let alone $40.  

News Comments > X3: Terran Conflict EU Patch
3. Re: X3: Terran Conflict EU Patch Apr 5, 2009, 13:57 D4rkKnight

They opened up a beta test for the patch awhile back to anyone who registers their game on the site and requests access to it. Thats probably what they are referring to with the more widespread testing.  

News Comments > Gold - NWN2: Mysteries of Westgate
1. Re: Gold - NWN2: Mysteries of Westgate Mar 5, 2009, 23:40 D4rkKnight

The sad thing is, this has been finished for more then a year, and no work has been done to it since then, Ossian Studios said this themselves. The only reason for the delay was a new DRM scheme from Atari.

It will be interesting to see how long this holds up against a crack in hindsight to its almost 2 year delay for anti-piracy.

Either way, I don't care enough about NWN2 to give it a chance at this point. Maybe later if I'm starved for an RPG, but it would have to be extremely good for that, so I'm waiting on reviews before I even give it a glance.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2009, 04:47 D4rkKnight

Whats with the interest in that Poodle cut? I think the dog looks extremely cute naturally, much better then what you see in those dog shows.  

News Comments > Entrenchment Delay
4. Re: Entrenchment Delay Feb 9, 2009, 19:34 D4rkKnight

I'm not touching this game again until they complete all three of these micro-expansions. So far the first ones taking longer then a retail expansion, so I think it will be around 2011 when they are all finished.

No hard feelings towards Stardock, I just hate the idea of playing a turtle expansion without the diplomacy and other expansion to go with it...its going to be a veeeery long time before I play this game again. The games take too long for me to justify playing it now knowing in the end it will have triple the content. I want to still care about this when it's all completed.

This comment was edited on Feb 9, 2009, 19:35.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Feb 6, 2009, 05:54 D4rkKnight

Quake was number 8 on the list . I can understand C&C because it had the critical success behind it that drove others to immitate. It should not just be about the innovation but also it's success in the marketplace, because that is a major factor in future game development.

I also don't like the Sims at #2, I could see it in the 20-11 crowd but not here. Its really only spawned influence at EA, where they churn out hundreds of expacks for it. In the gaming market as a whole you don't see many Sims like games.

News Comments > Empire: Total War Q&A
7. Re: Empire: Total War Q&A Feb 4, 2009, 16:50 D4rkKnight

Oh it will have a simple launchable .exe within a week of its release, if not before...count on it.  

News Comments > New Good Old Games
5. Re: New Good Old Games Feb 4, 2009, 00:09 D4rkKnight

"historical construction" Thats an odd description, its a medieval RTS. Constructing the castles is one aspect, destroying them an entirely different one.  

News Comments > Ensemble's Other Projects
3. Re: Ensemble's Other Projects Feb 3, 2009, 05:44 D4rkKnight

All of these games sound like shit. Yeah it sucks that they closed Ensemble but with games like this there wasn't much to look forward to.  

News Comments > SOE on Steam, SEGA on GamersGate
9. Re: SOE on Steam, SEGA on GamersGate Jan 16, 2009, 19:40 D4rkKnight

They aren't great story tellers, they are great game designers. Their writers are just average.  

News Comments > New NWN2 Expansion Possible
11. Re: New NWN2 Expansion Possible Jan 11, 2009, 18:31 D4rkKnight

What ever happened to their fan made premium module?  

News Comments > Return to Vanguard
2. Re: Return to Vanguard Dec 23, 2008, 03:11 D4rkKnight

Too little too late. Where was the free trial when people actually cared?  

News Comments > Axl Rose on GnR in Guitar Hero
4. Re: Axl Rose on GnR in Guitar Hero Dec 16, 2008, 23:07 D4rkKnight

This is why drugs are bad for you, Mmkay?  

News Comments > GTA4 PC Patch Issues
24. Re: GTA4 PC Patch Issues Dec 13, 2008, 22:29 D4rkKnight

Microsoft does, they tested it for a whole week before releasing it according to R*. In fact we have to wait for every patch to be "tested" by MS before its released, and it's clear they take their time.  

News Comments > GTA4 PC Problems
73. Re: GTA4 PC Problems Dec 4, 2008, 16:18 D4rkKnight

The multiplayer has random bugs: when returning to the lobby from a game its sometimes impossible to start a new game, forcing a server shutdown.

The game randomly crashes after playing for awhile, it seems the more you play multiplayer the more unstable it gets.

When you spectate a game in progress the framerates drop to like 5fps and you get kicked for "Running to slow"

This is after playing for a few hours, I'm sure theres more issues.

News Comments > People Buy Valve's Games
2. Re: People Buy Valve's Games Dec 3, 2008, 22:17 D4rkKnight

I would agree about HL2, not HL1 though.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Grand Theft Auto IV
50. Re: Ships Ahoy - Grand Theft Auto IV Dec 3, 2008, 01:50 D4rkKnight

I can't believe R* sold out to Microsoft LIVE...they should have known from Microsoft's past record what this would mean, and they got exactly what was expected in the end. Well, props to Microsoft for proving to the PC crowd that they are incompetent of providing a simple installation and application of LIVE (again), and to R* for piling on more requirements and of course all that DRM. All this and bugs + performance issues, I'm so glad I wasn't able to purchase this game.  

17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Grand Theft Auto IV Dec 2, 2008, 23:08 D4rkKnight

I only liked San Andreas and only because of online servers with 100+ players playing cops and robbers.. I never really played the actual game.

Loved the old top down ones as a kid though, annoying as shit with the pop-up but oh so fun. I remember the Speed mission, you had to keep the bus at top speeds or the bomb goes off...it was almost impossible in that game.

14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Grand Theft Auto IV Dec 2, 2008, 22:36 D4rkKnight

I went to Best Buy and they had it in stock (In the back room), but they wouldn't sell it to me, told me they weren't allowed to until tomorrow. I told him todays the release date and he said he cant sell it because he could get in trouble...kind of ridiculous so I think I'll buy it somewhere else tomorrow (Only had time to check BB today).  

821 Comments. 42 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo