Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D4rkKnight

Real Name D4rkKnight   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 28, 2003, 01:15
Total Comments 815 (Graduate)
User ID 16595

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Why No Ghostbusters PC MP
18. Re: Why No Ghostbusters PC MP Jun 17, 2009, 22:27 D4rkKnight

Multiplayer was supposed to be very good according to review sites  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Demigod Patch & Demo Plans
9. Re: Demigod Patch & Demo Plans Jun 13, 2009, 21:31 D4rkKnight

The worst thing about this game was the community. People who dropped when they got killed, when their teammates were not perfect, when their teammate ignored all their typing, etc. The tech issues aside, the people playing this game are just too hateful to be around.

Sounds just like DOTA.

News Comments > Demigod Patched
5. Re: Demigod Patched Jun 2, 2009, 23:46 D4rkKnight

Needs more content  

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Patched
2. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched May 29, 2009, 21:30 D4rkKnight

At least now you can join one of those ridiculous achievement servers and get your stuff in about 10 minutes.

Oh yeah just to reiterate, I stopped playing at 10 hours last week but I ended up getting Jarate, thats it.

News Comments > Stronghold Kingdoms Announced
5. Re: Stronghold Kingdoms Announced May 28, 2009, 13:37 D4rkKnight

Firefly made a great game, the original SH and Crusader. Every decision after that has been horrible, and it looks like they are aiming to continue that trend.  

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Patched
30. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched May 25, 2009, 00:50 D4rkKnight

9 hours played, 1 unlock.  

News Comments > New Team Fortress 2 Unlocks Explained
4. Re: New Team Fortress 2 Unlocks Explaine May 22, 2009, 23:30 D4rkKnight

I played for ...steam says 4 hours over the last two days. I earned the piss jar for all that time. I only care about the spy stuff but with the current system it could be weeks of play before I see them.  

News Comments > New Team Fortress 2 Unlocks Explained
2. Re: New Team Fortress 2 Unlocks Explaine May 22, 2009, 23:20 D4rkKnight

See heres my problem:
Basing it off time also has the benefit of ensuring that if you play a lot of TF2, you're going to get more items than players who don't.

That is their basic stance on new items, you cant have them unless you play the game for long periods of time. I just don't agree with this, why cant I just have all the new items now, and leave your time investments to the fluff like hats and whatever.

News Comments > New BattleForge Maps
2. Re: New BattleForge Maps May 8, 2009, 01:07 D4rkKnight

It's $30 in stores, don't buy it on steam for $50.

edit: I see steam updated their price today, its been $30 at BB for the last week though.

This comment was edited on May 8, 2009, 01:08.

News Comments > The Witcher: Fall of the White Wolf
3. Re: The Witcher: Fall of the White Wolf Apr 29, 2009, 15:22 D4rkKnight

I never understood that comparison, I played until I reached that big city. Before that it was boring fetch and kill random things to gain favor with people. That took me about 10 hours to complete and was devoid of any interesting plot or characters. I was told once I got to the city it was a better game but that never happened, it was the same thing all over again.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Theatre of War 2
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Theatre of War 2 Apr 25, 2009, 01:46 D4rkKnight

I got multiplayer matches to go pretty easily, its the only reason I consider the money I spent on the game only mostly wasted. They released that "Uber patch" and then just dropped support entirely. The patch brought the game from alpha status to beta, and this was long after retail release. It never made it out of beta.

Anyways, I would never buy ToW2. They won't fool me twice.

News Comments > Demigod Patch Plans
2. Re: Demigod Patch Plans Apr 22, 2009, 02:35 D4rkKnight

They went through the same shit with Sins and here we are again.

And before anyone starts talking about DRM lets be clear that Demigod would have had horrible connection issues on release with or without the invalid key spamming. They should have seen this coming long before release and paying customers suffer for their mistakes.

I have no doubt they will fix any problems with the game and hopefully (expectedly) add free content to make this game what it should have been, but I hate to see blind support of a company simply because they preach no DRM.

News Comments > GTAIV GFWL Patch Issue
7. Re: GTAIV GFWL Patch Issue Apr 21, 2009, 22:49 D4rkKnight

Microsoft is sabotaging PC gaming for favor of the 360.  

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Apr 19, 2009, 16:12 D4rkKnight

I was looking at buying a Wii, but I only want it for Mario Galaxy and Smash Brothers. Thats not enough to make me buy one, I can't justify the purchase because of two games.  

News Comments > Demigod Piracy Follow-up
7. Re: Demigod Piracy Follow-up Apr 17, 2009, 20:48 D4rkKnight

Sometimes it's better to have less high quality content, than a load of average to below average content.

The state of the game now makes it a potential future purchase for me depending on how they handle updates. I think the item system is too simple, and I wondered about something: One thing that was really cool in DOTA was combining certain items to get better items, can you do that in this game?

News Comments > Demigod Piracy Follow-up
4. Re: Demigod Piracy Follow-up Apr 17, 2009, 20:41 D4rkKnight

Maybe now they will stop talking about piracy and add enough content to justify paying even $10 for this game, let alone $40.  

News Comments > X3: Terran Conflict EU Patch
3. Re: X3: Terran Conflict EU Patch Apr 5, 2009, 13:57 D4rkKnight

They opened up a beta test for the patch awhile back to anyone who registers their game on the site and requests access to it. Thats probably what they are referring to with the more widespread testing.  

News Comments > Gold - NWN2: Mysteries of Westgate
1. Re: Gold - NWN2: Mysteries of Westgate Mar 5, 2009, 23:40 D4rkKnight

The sad thing is, this has been finished for more then a year, and no work has been done to it since then, Ossian Studios said this themselves. The only reason for the delay was a new DRM scheme from Atari.

It will be interesting to see how long this holds up against a crack in hindsight to its almost 2 year delay for anti-piracy.

Either way, I don't care enough about NWN2 to give it a chance at this point. Maybe later if I'm starved for an RPG, but it would have to be extremely good for that, so I'm waiting on reviews before I even give it a glance.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2009, 04:47 D4rkKnight

Whats with the interest in that Poodle cut? I think the dog looks extremely cute naturally, much better then what you see in those dog shows.  

News Comments > Entrenchment Delay
4. Re: Entrenchment Delay Feb 9, 2009, 19:34 D4rkKnight

I'm not touching this game again until they complete all three of these micro-expansions. So far the first ones taking longer then a retail expansion, so I think it will be around 2011 when they are all finished.

No hard feelings towards Stardock, I just hate the idea of playing a turtle expansion without the diplomacy and other expansion to go with it...its going to be a veeeery long time before I play this game again. The games take too long for me to justify playing it now knowing in the end it will have triple the content. I want to still care about this when it's all completed.

This comment was edited on Feb 9, 2009, 19:35.

815 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo