Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D4rkKnight

Real Name D4rkKnight   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 28, 2003, 01:15
Total Comments 812 (Graduate)
User ID 16595

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PC Patch Today
2. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PC Patch Today Mar 15, 2010, 14:16 D4rkKnight

Ping in server browser: 16-32, ping in game: 130-175

Not sure which one is right, feels kind of in between in game but I have never actually had a ping lower then 100.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MW2 Stimulus Package Details
13. Re: MW2 Stimulus Package Details Mar 15, 2010, 02:48 D4rkKnight

Yes it is MY game. Spare me your legal bullshit and unless you work for Ubisoft I see no reason for you pointing that out.

No map selection is atrocious game design, and that was kind of my point.

News Comments > MW2 Stimulus Package Details
1. Re: MW2 Stimulus Package Details Mar 14, 2010, 15:18 D4rkKnight

I think it will be amusing if they leave the game as is and release these. You can't choose which map you play, and the only maps people will want to play are the new ones but you have no choice. Such a silly design choice by the dev's to "streamline" our game.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Mar 13, 2010, 19:50 D4rkKnight

I really hate that assault gun you start with, its incredibly hard to control even in short bursts.  

News Comments > Napoleon: Total War Demo
2. Re: Napoleon: Total War Demo Mar 10, 2010, 14:15 D4rkKnight

I played this multiplayer with a friend. He was England and basically made about 50,000 a turn with a huge army + navy and never took a single province...was incredibly unbalanced as I was Russia and owned most of the world and was making about 3000/turn with a smaller army and no navy (but I had lots of trade routes)

Also I hate the fact that alliances and diplomacy means nothing in the game, he could piss off anyone he wanted to then the next turn he gives them some money and they love him again.

Edit: Can't say I noticed any bugs in the long campaign we played, worked rather smooth. Once in a while the turns would not sync correctly so we had to restart the match. Its just balance issues and the lackluster AI/diplomatic aspects that annoy me, coming from Europa 3 with Heir to the Throne this game is a joke in comparison.

News Comments > More PC BC2 Players Than on Either Console
12. Re: More PC BC2 Players Than on Either Console Mar 6, 2010, 21:44 D4rkKnight

I guess I should mention that I play Hardcore Search and Destroy exclusively in MW2. One shot kills almost every time, and in the beta of BC2 it took half a clip to kill someone. I'm more into the one life per round, make it count kind of game.  

News Comments > More PC BC2 Players Than on Either Console
2. Re: More PC BC2 Players Than on Either Console Mar 6, 2010, 19:11 D4rkKnight

I don't really like this game, maybe its the beta gameplay that jaded my view of it but it feels too arcade for my taste. I actually prefer the gameplay in MW2 to it, even though its hard to get good gunfight with all the toobs and exploits in that game.

I am happy to see it doing well however, and it's kind of funny that they are having all these server issues because they expected the PC users to all be pirates and not buy their game.

Yeah that's a cliched statement and nobody at EA would admit it but I would put money on it being true.

News Comments > Civilization V Cinematic
12. Re: Civilization V Cinematic Feb 27, 2010, 15:49 D4rkKnight

I never said they need to remove land improvements. The idea is to retain Civ's choices in your countryside without making it based on units that travel around and individually change every tile. The entire system of workers is unnecessary, not the land improvements they build.

It's just a mess of micromanagement that does not add complexity to the game, but the ability to customize the land around your cities is a core feature of Civ games that I would never recommend they remove.

8. Re: Civilization V Cinematic Feb 27, 2010, 12:23 D4rkKnight

Try automating your workers in a multiplayer game, you will lose every time. Your opponents economy will trample all over your AI's improvement choices, and while the human choices should be expected to be superior, the fact is that you must micromanage and that micromanagement requires constant never-ending attention.

I'm relating my experience with LAN games with friends. They (and I) don't want to play anymore because the majority of the gameplay consists of micromanaging workers every turn.

2. Re: Civilization V Cinematic Feb 27, 2010, 00:36 D4rkKnight

I was just reading a user review of call to power 2 on GoG and they outlined something important. The micromanagement of workers in civ games are so tedious and boring.

At the beginning it's OK and actually interesting to micromanage the land around your city. Once you build up a good array of cities you continually have to come back to this micromanagement, and it becomes overwhelming very quickly. I wish they would change this whole aspect of the game, effectively doing away with workers and adding a more UI based method of managing the countryside.

Instructing 15 workers to individually build farms and towns and mines and roads was just aggravating, and leaving it to auto-manage was pathetically inefficient in the AI's placement. This is what made me stop playing the game and what keeps me from coming back.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Feb 25, 2010, 23:17 D4rkKnight

My problem with this time era is that all the troops for every country are almost exactly the same. A large part of the novelty of Medieval was the variety of troops from different nations, and that's missing in this game.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - BioShock 2
39. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock 2 Feb 9, 2010, 21:49 D4rkKnight

I actually did not like Stalker at first. The weapon mechanics felt too touchy to me, and I did not enjoy the gunfights. The game has tons of gunfights so I gave up after a few hours.

I recently installed the LURK mod for it, because they overhauled the shooting and I really like the new feel of combat, so I've been playing it again and I'm just about to enter Pripyat and really liking the game. The only problem is the constant pausing during gameplay to load, happens all the time and is very annoying.

As for Bioshock 2...I paid almost full price for the first and got bored of it half way through, this game is essentially the same thing so I will pass. They need to focus less on combat and more on story and setting.

By setting I mean not the same exact thing as the first game, with so many unique ideas here what happened to the innovation? Change the direction just a tad and we are getting somewhere.

News Comments > Aliens vs Predator "Marine" Trailer
7. Re: Aliens vs Predator "Marine" Trailer Feb 5, 2010, 15:14 D4rkKnight

The aliens don't explode into little chunks when hit by explosions... that's kind of stupid.  

News Comments > Battlefield Bad Company 2 CTD Workaround
5. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 CTD Workaround Jan 28, 2010, 22:06 D4rkKnight

I've played it a bit but I will hold off on commenting on the gameplay until I can play lag-free, which has not happened yet. What I can say is that the interface lags when the game lags, so for instance pressing the chat button on the keyboard wont always work because the button is "lost" in the lag...very annoying and should not be that way.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Aliens vs. Predator Classic 2000
31. Re: Ships Ahoy - Aliens vs. Predator Classic 2000 Jan 15, 2010, 23:56 D4rkKnight

People bashing old games for having ...old graphics?

I guess you take offense to the entire library of games at GoG.com as well? They seem to be doing pretty well for themselves, so if you don't like it, nobody is making you buy into this kind of thing.

I would have liked to see this released there instead of steam, but its still a worthy game wherever it's released.

News Comments > On Modern Warfare 2 Balance
5. Re: On Modern Warfare 2 Balance Jan 14, 2010, 12:55 D4rkKnight

I've tried the One man army + reload noob tube, and oh boy is it cheap.

My biggest complaint with this game is that the maps went backwards in quality from MW1, and why not remake and include some of the old maps that were so good.

I would say I like about 40% of the new maps, and about 20% of them are just horrible, plus there are just not that many maps total.

That and of course you can't pick maps to play, you can't kick cheaters, the P2P fails hardcore at times, the usual complaints from IW's choices.

News Comments > ARMA II Hotfix
13. Re: ARMA II Hotfix Dec 25, 2009, 01:26 D4rkKnight

Yeah multiplayer was always a blast, but is the single player campaign worth playing now if its fixed up? I never bothered with it once I heard about the problems it had, just went straight to MP.  

News Comments > Jagged Alliance 3 Cancelled?
31. Re: JA3 Cancelled? Dec 21, 2009, 14:45 D4rkKnight

I bought my copy off GoG. It's version 1.12, and the 1.13 mod worked fine, cant speak for other mods but I am sure they all work.

These might be worth checking out too, if the version you buy doesnt support the mods. I have not tried them myself but apparently they are close to final:

DL 1.13
http://www.ja-galaxy-forum.com/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=232763&page=0#Post232763
UC 1.13
http://www.ja-galaxy-forum.com/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=236264&page=1#Post236264

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2009, 15:34.

29. Re: JA3 Cancelled? Dec 21, 2009, 13:15 D4rkKnight

Like I said, I've been playing the game recently (JA2 with 1.13) and you get no help from militia when taking new towns. The only time that applies is when you take a sector and rarely have enough loyalty to start training.

Usually you must take the at least half the town if not the whole place (Alma) before you can train anyone, and 90% of the time the enemy counterattacks before you can finish.

It is a very difficult game, I'm playing on normal (experienced?) and just started encountering Dedriana's elite troops with sniper rifles and grenade launchers and I am having a hell of a time taking sectors with a full squad of good mercs, so I think I'm going to hire another squad and start doing simultaneous attacks from multiple directions.

1. Re: Jagged Alliance 3 Cancelled? Dec 20, 2009, 16:00 D4rkKnight

Not surprised by this news, as this is what I was expecting for awhile now.

I just bought JA2 on GOG and applied the fan 1.13 patch and I am having a blast playing through it, truly an awesome game if you like TB strategy/rpg.

It's shame there wont be a sequel anytime soon but maybe sometime in the future somebody will revive it.

812 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo