Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D4rkKnight

Real Name D4rkKnight   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 28, 2003, 01:15
Total Comments 812 (Graduate)
User ID 16595

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 13, 2013, 12:37 D4rkKnight

One thing I really like about GT6 compared to Forza is the descriptions for every car. I love reading the history behind the cars I buy and they are all very well written and some of them have interesting stories of how the car came to be. I really wish they would take more time to tell the story of the cars in Forza but I feel like their target audience is not interested in those kind of details.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Nov 19, 2013, 21:56 D4rkKnight

They are selling content on day 1 for $20 (Gold edition). I can't justify giving money to a company that does this. Small things don't bother me, but it's a mini expansion and they want $$$ for it. Remember the holiday sale is right around the corner and this will no doubt receive a discount.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 17, 2013, 19:08 D4rkKnight

Wait for some patches and mods for XR. So far there are mods to crop out the ugly cockpit, remove the slow head turning bullshit for every menu opened in the ship, and remove the need to land on stations to talk to NPC's. These are all rudimentary mods at this point that need work but it's only been a few days and some of the major problems are being addressed.

Actually nm...it looks like this game has deeper issues even with its trading/fleet management and features that it used to have that are now cut to bare minimum. I would wait at least a year to pick this up, it needs some serious renovations. Knowing Egosoft, they will probably release a V2.0 of this and of course the modding community will try to put stuff together but it will take time.

This comment was edited on Nov 17, 2013, 19:21.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth
112. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 16, 2013, 21:56 D4rkKnight

Quboid wrote on Nov 16, 2013, 17:13:
The traffic lanes look good IMHO, except where it appears to intersect the green highway thing. Having loads of ships helps the game's atmosphere but letting them roam as freely as the player would be a mess, tax the route finding AI even more, and I don't think it would be realistic. Flight routes of that density would be controlled very heavily.

It annoys me in that video that you can hear the police sirens go past. Are there other sounds in X's space?

There's already a mod that removes the sirens

110. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2013, 21:05 D4rkKnight

Quboid wrote on Nov 16, 2013, 16:55:
Creston wrote on Nov 16, 2013, 16:36:
Quboid wrote on Nov 16, 2013, 16:29:
Does the indoor/NPC system have any redeeming aspects, or is it a waste of time for both the developers and the players?

It's 100% waste. There's no purpose to it whatsoever. Literally ZERO. Unless you count "Aggravate the living shit out of players who are trying to find a fucking defense officer," as a purpose.

Thanks, I was getting that impression.

Why did this take 7 years, and why are design flaws so apparent now not picked up upon earlier? Hindsight is 20:20 and all that but even if I hadn't watched any gameplay, the indoor system's apparent flaws are so utterly predictable. From what I've seen, it's got repetitive interiors, badly made NPCs, lacklustre conversations with UI problems, and apparently no redeeming features. Does it even help the sense of scale in space?

Pretty much how most of us feel, their minigame to find crates/lockers and cash pickups in vents (really?) is just retarded and actually hurts the trading/economy aspect of the game. A simple menu to access everything from inside my ship, an extension to allow this from further out - remove the fake traffic from highways (there IS real traffic and its identifiable by its target reticules as it passes by compared to the fake ships that don't register.) - add a highway boost drive or something that I can buy...

They seem to want to hold their game back too; not letting us remove the cockpit, no external views, I wonder if they had issues because of the highway or simply did not want to adjust or remove the minigame for it? Way to build a beautiful universe and then stop us from seeing it.

106. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 16, 2013, 20:37 D4rkKnight

The highways bring the openness of space back to this game, see that planet in the distance? Chances are there's a highway that takes you right alongside it, and seeing it get larger and larger as you quickly approach in the highway is impressive.

At one point in the tutorial you approach a sun in this manner I thought the highway was broken and I was going to crash into it. You end up right alongside the sun and its an impressive display.

69. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 16, 2013, 01:30 D4rkKnight

Its not that bad actually, I like some of the changes they have made - travel feels more like IWar2 now which is awesome - I'm sure that was a big influence for them and I like the way it works. The universe feels like a cohesive interesting place without loading screens and virtual "walls"  

53. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 15, 2013, 16:00 D4rkKnight

Patch seems to have slowed down the game for me by at least 10-15%, had to lower my resolution from 1920x1080 down to 1440x900 just to keep a reasonable framerate.

I really hate how the highways are full of fake traffic and basically its just a slipstream minigame to speed out of it. The ships in the highway never seem to exit or exist outside of just traveling inside of it.

News Comments > X Rebirth Launch Trailer
31. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 14, 2013, 19:10 D4rkKnight

ItBurn wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 18:17:
Maybe this new game is like that, but I highly doubt it! The original games had NO real exploration. All sectors looked and played the same, they just had stations selling different goods... (I'm generalizing, but it's basically the truth)

I felt this way about X3 in general. They had over 100 sectors devoid of anything interesting. Every mod kept adding more and more sectors and each one of them was as bland as the next.

I love that they really downsized and, based on the videos, the sectors in this new one look very spectacular and unique. I could never understand why almost every fan of this series just wants 1000's of sectors - I would rather have a smaller unique universe where every location feels special then a large universe full of copy-pasted sectors.

I kept trying to find mods that did this for X3 but nobody cared to go in this direction except the developers.

News Comments > X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads
15. Re: X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 13, 2013, 21:48 D4rkKnight

MajorD wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 21:06:
I've seen a few posts about the lack of good KB & Mouse flight control; I would hope it is at least A & D for strafe left and Right, A & D for forwards and backwards/brake, and then the mouse movement for yaw/pitch?

This is how it works in X, unless they removed strafe in the new one it will be A & D but you need the equipment to do it. Space initiates direct control which is mouse driven or joystick if you want. Still this games more heavily plot based then before, apparently there is a mandatory tutorial now until you can unlock the sectors. I suppose this will help new people, I don't care for that restriction though. The plot might be broken on release based on previous releases.

News Comments > X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads
13. Re: X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 13, 2013, 21:05 D4rkKnight

Keith wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 20:38:
I'm going to pass on this one since they still haven't made it reasonable to fly with a mouse & keyboard. I just don't understand the reluctance since this is a SP game.

Plus, it doesn't sound like much of an improvement to the previous X game. Can't see why anyone wouldn't wait for the obligatory Steam sale.

Are we playing the same game? M&K is the primary control method and it works fine...

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 9, 2013, 00:11 D4rkKnight

Does this surprise anyone with the direction of Forza 4? It's much more profitable to sell the cars to customers a little bit at a time. It's not like they have a lot of competition on their platform for this space, those who don't like it wont be buying their shit anyways.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 5, 2013, 21:40 D4rkKnight

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen now free on PlayStation Plus.

That's really cool, this is a great game with Dark Arisens additions. I really hope Capcom makes a PS4 sequel.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Oct 28, 2013, 23:10 D4rkKnight

Dom4 is really good - if you play and find yourself dieing all the time, try late era Ulm - evil Knights Templar sorta stuff.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Arma III
57. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 20:49 D4rkKnight

To vote someone off you have to type their name in chat with a pound some or something stupid shit. Nobody knows how to do it or cares and there is no integrated gui elements that assist. It's very sloppy and I've been in the same situation - the guy was never kicked but luckily the map was so large I never ran into him.

I agree this is rushed to retail - the game had issues and that was fine when it was alpha/beta, now its unacceptable and this screams amateur

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Sep 6, 2013, 18:07 D4rkKnight

Blood and guns are offensive to me and trigger bad memories, I would like you to remove these things from your game please.

Why even make these games if they are going to start censoring them?

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 28, 2013, 21:06 D4rkKnight

I wish the upcoming Zelda was 2d - I feel like every game on 3ds from Nintendo HAS to be 3d for them to justify their system and I really hate that...this looks really dumb but maybe it can change that mentality.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Thursday
8. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Thursday Aug 28, 2013, 00:55 D4rkKnight

This game is going to look like shit on consoles...so many pretty screenshots and videos showing what we won't get.  

News Comments > X Rebirth Preorders
59. Re: X Rebirth Preorders Aug 20, 2013, 21:08 D4rkKnight

These other ships would still have normal flight characteristics though...how many days after it is released until you can fly every ship with no cockpit (and upgrades?) through mods?

I would think the other craft still fly normally and would be enjoyable, they should just give us that feature to begin with but I think they are afraid it will look tacky.

News Comments > Games for Windows Live Marketplace Closes Next Week
7. Re: Games for Windows Live Marketplace Closes Next Week Aug 15, 2013, 21:16 D4rkKnight

Good, it can stop fucking up our games now.  

812 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo