Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D4rkKnight

Real Name D4rkKnight   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 28, 2003, 01:15
Total Comments 817 (Graduate)
User ID 16595

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Legal Briefs
2. Re: Legal Briefs Apr 17, 2010, 15:15 D4rkKnight

This shouldn't be just a lawsuit, there is enough evidence at this point to pursue criminal charges.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mount & Blade: Warband Client/Demo, Server, Mod Tools
2. Re: Mount & Blade: Warband Client/Demo, Server, Mod Tools Apr 16, 2010, 17:30 D4rkKnight

It's version 1.111 now  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto IV Patch
15. Re: Grand Theft Auto IV Patch Apr 13, 2010, 21:05 D4rkKnight

Warning to people about multiplayer: cheating to make your guns fire rockets instead of bullets is as simple as editing a text file last I played. Godmode and other cheats were rampant as well. I haven't touched the game in awhile because that ruined the multiplayer, but the way the game was handled I doubt this will stop the cheating.

Based on the first game, the will support it for a month or two then ignore any PC issues. Don't expect the multiplayer to last longterm.

News Comments > World of Tanks Gameplay Trailer
3. Re: World of Tanks Gameplay Trailer Apr 13, 2010, 04:53 D4rkKnight

Doesnt look like MoW at all, in MoW you have complex physics calculations, kinetic energy on shells, realistic reaction to impacts. Hell if hit a sweet spot you can penetrate the armor and set off the ammunition inside, starting a chain reaction and massive explosion.

In this games it looks like, side hit, front hit, back hit, calculate damage, if damage is > then health, explode.

News Comments > April Fooling 2010, Part 2
1. Re: April Fooling 2010, Part 2 Apr 1, 2010, 17:16 D4rkKnight

The Bioware one is lame...

Also Dwarf Fort new version is real, not sure on the website. Apparently it adds a lot of new features but they are not highlighted in the changelog, and its been so long since I played I wouldn't be able to tell whats new and whats ...old new.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Mount & Blade: Warband
22. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mount & Blade: Warband Mar 31, 2010, 02:25 D4rkKnight

He doesn't like the gameplay, that's fine, but to say the graphics suck and are comparable to N64 is just....wrong. That goes a bit beyond opinion and is just an excuse to bash the game.

The thing I wish they did with this is give previous owners a discount, as the single player is mostly unchanged. The multiplayer is great but the user mods really outshine their singleplayer efforts. The best thing about this is what potential it holds in the future for multiplayer modding.

20. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mount & Blade: Warband Mar 30, 2010, 23:12 D4rkKnight

ASeven wrote on Mar 30, 2010, 21:52:
Gamersgate downloads a single install file. No multi-files, just a single 700MB file.

Ok thanks, the original was just a demo file, widely distributed, and all you bought was the cd-key. I see on their forums the users are distributing torrents for the .exe so I will just get that for now.

17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mount & Blade: Warband Mar 30, 2010, 21:33 D4rkKnight

I'm not sold on it until they offer a single install file like the original had. I'm willing to jump through steams hoops for big retail games, but for an indy game that I intend to LAN with some buddies who wont be buying it, I wont deal with that crap.  

15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mount & Blade: Warband Mar 30, 2010, 21:16 D4rkKnight

Does anyone know which digital site gives you just the game without the required online DRM protection software? I just want an exe like GoG.com, not some stupid download manager that requires online identification.  

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mount & Blade: Warband Mar 30, 2010, 16:38 D4rkKnight

You really don't like this game. I think the graphics in battles are excellent, and with the new engine little touches like swords catching sunlight on the blade are a nice addition. I can see $30 being too much for spiderweb games as was talked about before, but here I think its a good price.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
6. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 28, 2010, 21:03 D4rkKnight

There comes a point where the resolution makes no difference, anything upwards of 50 inches is not going to make a change in what your eyes see when you are running 1920x1080.

Heck if your going to just watch TV buying a 1080P 32inch is pointless because you wont see the difference at that size. With computers 720P is a low resolution, but 1080p is pretty high, and you are hitting diminishing returns as you go higher.

Sure the obvious benefit is that computer monitors can enter the 2000-3000 range of resolution but unless your watching on a 100inch screen, what difference does it make? Only a purest would care about something like that, and the way I see it, its just not marketable.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: What does Modern Warfare 2 look like when played on six monitors? Mar 28, 2010, 15:46 D4rkKnight

Um okay...it would be cheaper and more effective to just buy an equivalent sized 1080P TV and play with the same screen area without all that hassle.

Multiple monitors don't make much sense for gaming when HDTV's work as computer monitors and actually cost a lot less then them as you go up in size.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Mar 27, 2010, 17:06 D4rkKnight

I agree with him, the game could be fixed with a proper expansion.  

News Comments > Mount & Blade: Warband Preorders Get Beta Access
2. Re: Mount & Blade: Warband Preorders Get Beta Access Mar 24, 2010, 00:04 D4rkKnight

Is that a joke? The combat is, of course imo, the best implementation of medieval sword fighting and archery I've ever experienced in a video game.

When facing human opponents it's exhilarating and skill-based, especially without shields and manual blocking which is something you can only learn through practice, exactly as it should be.

Of course I have my complaints about horse lancers and with the recent beta patch they made archery a bit too overpowered I think, but the core fighting system is simply excellent.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Trailer
16. Re: The Witcher 2 Trailer Mar 23, 2010, 15:31 D4rkKnight

JoeNapalm wrote on Mar 23, 2010, 15:11:
I don't get it.

I don't dislike the game...I just couldn't get into it.

Many people have told me that it gets great like 10 hours in...but why would I play that long if I'm not having fun?

I'll probably reinstall (a fourth time) to give it another try - but I don't know when. Too many games I enjoy already on the HD right now.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Actually I played 10 hours in because I heard that too, and let me tell you it does not get any better. I was hoping once I got inside the city the linearity would dissolve a bit, but that was not the case at all.

News Comments > Geneforge 4 Sales Figures
10. Re: Geneforge 4 Sales Figures Mar 23, 2010, 03:32 D4rkKnight

The problem is that he reuses the same graphics from his games that came out 10 years ago, an overhaul is long overdue. I agree about the price, he's playing it safe so the games will never rise above what they are right now, but I guess he is happy with that.

My favorite was Avernum 1-3, I haven't touched the series since then. Once he merged Avernum with the Geneforge games, removing the tile movement, I lost all interest.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2010, 14:41 D4rkKnight

fujiJuice wrote on Mar 22, 2010, 11:25:
I have one last StarCraft 2 Beta Key to give away to someone, so I will have a little contest. First one to guess the first alphanumeric value of the Key will win it.

I'm gonna go with K

News Comments > Just Cause 2 DLC Plans
13. Re: Just Cause 2 DLC Plans Mar 17, 2010, 01:07 D4rkKnight

I got my copy through digitalriver for $30 back in January, but they changed the price to $65 since then. After running 7 for a month I installed XP on my second drive and now I dual boot, the only thing I do on 7 is play this demo...don't like the OS basically.  

9. Re: Just Cause 2 DLC Plans Mar 17, 2010, 00:24 D4rkKnight

The word is equated to the statement "I'm dieing to meet him", and in that way it is correct. Most people assume the word actually holds synonyms with eager by its very definition, when as you say it was changed to that definition over time.

By comparison, should dieing be synonymous with anxious? It's interesting to me how words evolve over time through culture, anxiety being attributed with media and television, and I decided to bring that up to see what others think.

This comment was edited on Mar 17, 2010, 00:41.

4. Re: Just Cause 2 DLC Plans Mar 16, 2010, 22:25 D4rkKnight

It has always interested me how the word Anxious , stemming from anxiety (or technically from Greek meaning "to cause pain"), could be adapted to take on the new meaning of "eagerly anticipating" when in fact it would mean the exact opposite, or literally "anticipating negative events".

Sorry if my off-topic rant catches you off guard, but it's always been a pet peeve of mine when I see the word used like that.

As for JC2, is it as taxing on other peoples machines as it is on mine? BC2 is running at a smooth 60fps at 1080p, this game can barely handle 1024x768.

This comment was edited on Mar 16, 2010, 22:40.

817 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo