Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D4rkKnight

Real Name D4rkKnight   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 28, 2003, 01:15
Total Comments 817 (Graduate)
User ID 16595

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 20, 2011, 21:52 D4rkKnight

I wouldn't say its less complex, just better organized. They achieved that with Empire/Napolean and it carries over here.

It certainly hasn't gotten any shorter though, you can finish a game in 6 hours if you lose at the 6 hour mark

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Next Month
9. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Next Month Mar 19, 2011, 13:01 D4rkKnight

Maybe its just me but this game looks exactly the same as IL2-Sturmovik...they just added a layer of flair on top of an old graphics engine. Meh...I love flight sims and IL2 was the best of them but after like 5 expansions I can't get excited about another rehash.  

News Comments > EA on The Old Republic vs WoW
9. Re: EA on The Old Republic vs WoW Mar 15, 2011, 23:26 D4rkKnight

pythian wrote on Mar 15, 2011, 22:38:
Wait, which RPGs are Blizzard known for?

EA thinks Dragon Age 2 is an RPG, therein lies the problem. By their standards, Call of Duty is one of the deepest most complex RPG's ever released.

News Comments > Steam User Loses Almost $1800 in Games Due to Ban [Updated]
5. Re: Steam User Loses Almost $1800 in Games Due to Ban Mar 14, 2011, 19:06 D4rkKnight

Sacrifex wrote on Mar 14, 2011, 18:57:
If it wasn't specifically in the TOS, or, Steam was the only way a person could buy games anymore, this would be news.

If you don't like the way Steam operates, don't buy games from Steam. Simple concept. Expensive lesson? Perhaps. I don't feel bad for them in the least though - play by the rules or accept the consequences if you get caught doing otherwise.

This isn't news. Plain and simple.

Unfortunately for quite a few games, steam IS the only way you can buy the game. Even if you buy it at a retail store, it only activates and works on steam.

News Comments > Official EA Dragon Age 2 Follow-ups
8. Re: Official EA Dragon Age 2 Follow-ups Mar 13, 2011, 17:16 D4rkKnight

Teddy wrote on Mar 13, 2011, 17:04:
Irony is such an interesting thing.

If there are bugs in an EA released game, gamers will say "Of course there's bugs, EA can't release a game without bugs. They don't quality test worth a damn!"

Yet when EA says their website software had a bug in it, all of a sudden to these same gamers, it's inconcievable that EA's programmers could have made a mistake, or that the positively thorough testing that EA puts their software through didn't catch it.

Yes, it must be EA lying to hide their nefarious plots and couldn't possibly be related to ineptitude or lack of Design or QA attention.

Gamers are losing control of the products they purchase, this was not about a bug, its about the company stance. EA and Bioware defended this position, to them this is entirely expected and normal. Arguing with them is not going to change that, hurting their reputation and damaging their sales will.

News Comments > Official EA Dragon Age 2 Follow-ups
1. Re: Official EA Dragon Age 2 Follow-ups Mar 13, 2011, 16:27 D4rkKnight

there was an error in the system that accidentally suspended a user's entire account. Immediately upon learning of the glitch, EA took steps to restore the user's macro account and apologized for the inconvenience.

Wasn't an accident you douchebags, nice attempt at damage control.

News Comments > Dragon Age II Beta Patch
3. Re: Dragon Age II Beta Patch Mar 13, 2011, 16:23 D4rkKnight

It's an action/adventure game, barely an rpg, not at all a crpg.  

News Comments > BioWare on Dragon Age II DRM
14. Re: BioWare on Dragon Age 2 DRM Mar 12, 2011, 01:46 D4rkKnight

Eurogamer: Is Dragon Age II better on PC?

Mike Laidlaw: I wouldn't say so. We actually did extensive work to make sure the experiences were much closer aligned.

They did extensive work to make the PC version worse.

News Comments > Dragon Age II Launch Trailer
15. Re: Dragon Age 2 Launch Trailer Mar 10, 2011, 18:21 D4rkKnight

1. Battles are more dynamic, there are usually 2-3 waves per fight and this turns each battle into a slug fest of attrition.

Was that a plus? Given this progression, Dragon Age 3 is going to be a first person shooter.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Men of War: Assault Squad
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Men of War: Assault Squad Feb 27, 2011, 03:18 D4rkKnight

Its pricey, and I don't care for the coop so their focus isn't my taste, but it did change the core game up quite a bit. Check out this link for the specifics:

http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=8012

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 24, 2011, 18:16 D4rkKnight

"Japan Has Over 600 Classic Games On PlayStation Network."

And here in America we have...less then 100.

News Comments > X3: Terran Conflict Patch
4. Re: X3: Terran Conflict Patch Feb 18, 2011, 17:03 D4rkKnight

After playing through the entire plot once and wanting to start again I felt the same way. Now i use Cycrow's cheat tool to reveal all sectors, then I use a mod to allow free jumpdriving to any of those sectors. That way I'm still playing the game mostly legit just without all that travel time.

News Comments > JA2: Reloaded Renamed Jagged Alliance: Back in Action
6. Re: JA2: Reloaded Renamed Jagged Alliance: Back in Action Feb 2, 2011, 21:43 D4rkKnight

I heard this will not have turn-based combat.  

News Comments > Magicka #1 on Steam, Bug Hunt Continues
32. Re: Magicka #1 on Steam, Bug Hunt Continues Jan 27, 2011, 00:14 D4rkKnight

LAN you say? Those sound like dirty pirate thoughts, you just raised piracy statistics.  

News Comments > On Standalone Fallen Enchantress
4. Re: On Standalone Fallen Enchantress Jan 16, 2011, 16:39 D4rkKnight

Assuming they bring this game to the level it was supposed to be, the original buyers are getting a great deal here. Two free expansion packs is a bold move, I wonder how much of a profit they can make off this considering its niche status and given that a large portion of those interested already purchased the original.  

News Comments > Stronghold 3 Interview
2. Re: Stronghold 3 Interview Jan 2, 2011, 02:40 D4rkKnight

What about LAN? This must have LAN.  

News Comments > On Sale
33. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2010, 00:49 D4rkKnight

FYI about the steam giveaway, the rules state you must have at least 10 titles in your wishlist to be eligible, so don't stop at the 5 you want.  

News Comments > Shogun 2 in March 2011
9. Re: Shogun 2 in March 2011 Nov 11, 2010, 18:16 D4rkKnight

I remember slaughtering entire armies with some archers because the AI forgot how to attack. There's a difference between bad AI and non working AI, upon release these games usually have the latter. Yes they fix it, but I consider this an April 2011 release.  

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Patch Plans
2. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patch Plans Nov 7, 2010, 14:12 D4rkKnight

I encountered an issue after upgrading from and AMD to Intel quad core. The game stutters pretty bad and is actually running slower now, its odd. Other then that I have not noticed any bugs.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: What James Madison Thought About Video Games. Nov 3, 2010, 12:17 D4rkKnight

Why isn't it common sense to say that if a parent wants his 13-year-old child to have a game where the child is going to sit there and imagine he is a torturer and impose gratuitous, painful, excruciating, torturing violence upon small children and women and do this for an hour or so, and there is no social or redeeming value, it's not artistic, it's not literary, et cetera

What the hell is that...I don't know of any games that allow you to do this. Making up sensational bullshit to sell your case is pretty low.

817 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo