Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D4rkKnight

Real Name D4rkKnight   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 28, 2003, 01:15
Total Comments 813 (Graduate)
User ID 16595

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition
9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition Aug 24, 2012, 00:26 D4rkKnight

I'm not having any issues with the HD fix installed - of course the messages cant be read but hes working on that and luckily I know the game so they don't matter much.

Runs smooth so far, everyone wants to see the "blighttown test", so that will be interesting, but so far no problems with performance and the controls work great with ps3 controller.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future
21. Re: Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future Aug 22, 2012, 23:24 D4rkKnight

Part of the problem, however, is not just item drops, but the variety of things to do within the game. Many of you have stated that there needs to be more to the game than just the item hunt, and we agree completely.

This statement is incredible. It pretty much sums up what is wrong with this game and the shift in focus towards exactly that.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 19, 2012, 22:12 D4rkKnight

One more thing about SD - I just tried my PS3 controller and I am impressed at the implementation, every button is mapped perfectly already and I might as well be playing on PS3 with much better graphics.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 19, 2012, 20:36 D4rkKnight

Game looks pretty good on my PC...like the others, I don't care for the K&M controls - they are playable for sure but don't feel right.

I've only played about 4 hours so far, don't care much for the driving...

GTA4 might have gone overboard with the weight and control of its vehicles, this is the exact opposite - feels a bit too disconnected and physics are barely there.

Also I really hate that "ramming" button while driving. It looks so stupid when I'm going 60mph and all the sudden I slide sideways into the car next to me without any change in forward direction.

Mostly hand-to-hand fighting which is very well done, haven't gotten a firearm yet but the knives/crowbars are beast and the fighting is realistic which is awesome.

When you are on foot this game is top notch - vehicles are not its strong point, at least imo.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
3. Re: Sunday Consolidation Aug 19, 2012, 17:48 D4rkKnight

Arma engine on consoles - that's funny.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic DLC
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic DLC Jul 31, 2012, 18:21 D4rkKnight

It's essentially the same game from OP: Flash to Arma as far as the controls/interface goes. I don't see how you can hate one and love the other for that.

Arma has a phenomenal strategy-multiplayer mode where armies vie for control of an island. You can build defenses, buy any vehicles, and control your own small army along with others in the game. Once I learned how, I was positioning tanks/men and sending supply trucks all over the map while I flew my helicopter over hotzones and unloaded rockets into the enemy positions. Nothing else can offer this and it actually works very well - I had a ton of fun back when it came out.

Haven't tried Dayz yet because it was hard enough with my own small army - going alone? That sounds almost torturous.

News Comments > 1M Stronghold Kingdoms Players
4. Re: 1M Stronghold Kingdoms Players Jul 25, 2012, 22:31 D4rkKnight

In other Firefly news, Stronghold 3 still sucks.  

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfix Improves High-End Drops
27. Re: Diablo III Hotfix Improves High-End Drops Jun 28, 2012, 21:22 D4rkKnight

It is kind of sad how bad the legendary items are, how random they are. I won't play this game because they are probably going to fix this and that means any item drops before these patches will not be retroactively "enhanced".

Once they fix their stupid items I will try it again.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again
10. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 24, 2012, 23:04 D4rkKnight

This game will improve with age, wait it out for now.

Don't expect a big pricedrop anytime soon though, Diablo 2+exp had a standard price of $39.99 till what - about 2010?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
173. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 18:09 D4rkKnight

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 15, 2012, 18:00:
....let me guess...you didn't buy it...

I was going to go buy it but I decided to check the internet first...now I realize I'm buying an MMORPG and I'm having second thoughts.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
165. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 17:51 D4rkKnight

So let me clarify this, you currently cannot play this game - even though it is out and at retail?  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 12, 2012, 15:45 D4rkKnight

Based on my experience before I went laser, they barely fill those ink cartridges. With my Canon, if I stopped using it for a few weeks after buying a fresh one, it wouldn't even work anymore.

Thank god for the Brother Laser printers, best $80 I ever spent.

News Comments > PC Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition in August
17. Re: PC Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition in August Apr 11, 2012, 18:09 D4rkKnight

The problem is that this is a multiplayer game at its core, playing this game offline hollows out its experience. GFWL will make or break this port, and based on their past track record Microsoft seems to think there is nothing wrong with it.

I bought this on the PS3 and if they do this right I will buy it again for PC.

News Comments > Free Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack Next Week
1. Re: Free Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack Next Week Apr 6, 2012, 21:15 D4rkKnight

Is this for real? I thought this was a Call of Duty announcement. How is a multi-player expansion the first thing released for a -until now- single player rpg?  

News Comments > New SimCity Only Playable Online
77. Re: New SimCity Only Playable Online Mar 29, 2012, 00:55 D4rkKnight

Simcity 4 was developed with multiplayer in mind but it became an afterthought upon release. You could technically play multiplayer by each playing separately, then importing your region to your friends game. The cities would then work together and grow off each other. In fact, you could create an industrial region with no population, then import your friends residential region and watch your industry flourish without polluting your citizens.

And then of course there is Simcity 2000 Network edition, a great game that nobody played. You would purchase sections of land and claim them as your own, and it was true real time Simcity multiplayer. You could even sell water and electricity to other players with payment plans. If done right, multiplayer in Simcity would be a great addition, something I think Simcity 4 sorely lacked. Always on internet required...not so much. Players should have a choice and its a shame if they force it upon you otherwise.

News Comments > DMS ♥s Steam
24. Re: DMS &#9829;s Steam Feb 23, 2012, 20:53 D4rkKnight

I love the Men of War/HOWWII series, so thank you Steam(Valve) for keeping it alive.  

News Comments > Crusader Kings II Demo
13. Re: Crusader Kings II Demo Feb 7, 2012, 21:08 D4rkKnight

I agree with you on the super small size, I decreased my resolution because I didn't see a way to increase the Font/UI size. Looks good now running it lower.

I also wish it was easier to see the wars a character is in on their character page.

News Comments > Crusader Kings II Demo
5. Re: Crusader Kings II Demo Feb 6, 2012, 17:28 D4rkKnight

Love these games and its well worth the $40, already pre-ordered it and the demo doesn't change that.

The only issue I have with them is their DLC micro releases. There are already 2 DLC at $1.99 each for Crusader Kings 2: Mongol faces/units and historical shields.

They both come with the game if you pre-order it from Gamersgate, but come on...selling content before the game is released?

News Comments > New Sven Co-Op
1. Re: New Sven Co-Op Dec 25, 2011, 16:53 D4rkKnight

I suppose this is a good opportunity to ask about good HL2 coop mods...weren't they making this for HL2?  

813 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo