Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D4rkKnight

Real Name D4rkKnight   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 28, 2003, 01:15
Total Comments 816 (Graduate)
User ID 16595

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Free DLC
18. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Free DLC Sep 16, 2014, 21:31 D4rkKnight

I agree with the writing, nobody seems to mention it. I ended up skipping entire paragraphs of text because they were so dull. Seems like a fun game if only they had a better writer to keep me interested in its content.

I'm looking forward to more serious RPG's like Wasteland 2 / Pillars / Torment

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: When Forza Horizon 2's credits roll you'll have only seen 15-18% of the game. Sep 11, 2014, 14:58 D4rkKnight

The other 85% is DLC.  

News Comments > GOG.com Adds DRM-Free Movies; TV Coming
22. Re: GOG.com Adds DRM-Free Movies; TV Coming Aug 27, 2014, 20:52 D4rkKnight

saluk wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 18:30:
Pretty sure they misjudged the demand here. I care a tiny bit about drm free movies. Back when you had to hack a dvd to play it on linux I cared a bit more. I hate what the drm does to the hardware of the film landscape a lot more than from the software side.

On the other hand, I've mostly given into the subscription model for movies+tv. Just out of convenience. I don't really care to own it. I've already watched a lot of these on netflix. I can see very few movies that I would want to own this way, but the prices aren't bad in general, pretty comparable to other digital film purchases.

But it just seems like a bad fit all around.

I think it would be huge if somebody could pull this off with theatrical movies and offer a choice of formats and qualities.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Delayed?
6. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 1, 2014, 21:11 D4rkKnight

Cutter wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 20:06:
These guys are clueless. Just finish and ship the damn game and get that crap out later.

That crap is what we backers committed for - it wouldn't be fair to make us wait.

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
6. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 27, 2014, 19:02 D4rkKnight

These idiots are the same ones that are squatting in Cali - abusing aBnB as well.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
8. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 20, 2014, 19:48 D4rkKnight

WaltC wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 10:08:
"O, what a web we weave, when first we practice to deceive..." Snowden is a living example of this principle.

Hi NSA.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
9. Re: Morning Screenshots Jul 18, 2014, 17:06 D4rkKnight

I fear this game is going to feel lifeless for us single player space sim fans. Procedural content is seen as such an amazing thing - the ability to mimick the size of a real universe - I would rather see a smaller hand made universe with 20-30 planets/systems then this. I think it will be a novel game for awhile, and once we are used to the mechanics it will feel like an empty shell.

I haven't played it, I'm waiting for final release, so I can't say for sure. The mechanics look impressive. I just hope that if what I say is true, someone can take the engine and do something special with it.

News Comments > Kerbal Space Program Career Mode & 64-Bit Support Coming
2. Re: Kerbal Space Program Career Mode & 64-Bit Support Coming Jul 14, 2014, 19:42 D4rkKnight

This game hasn't changed much lately. At this rate it will be finished in 5 years or so.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 13, 2014, 20:34 D4rkKnight

I'm holding off on Divinity, they are still adding features to it. Apparently we are getting a henchmen interaction patch next week - I know they will only add more features and fix some of the complaints people have with the UI. I'm going to give it a go in 4-6 months.  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil
3. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil Jul 5, 2014, 12:58 D4rkKnight

Mainstream gaming media has forsaken this game - glad to see it's doing well without their support.  

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Flashback Content Update
5. Re: Jagged Alliance: Flashback Content Update Jul 3, 2014, 20:19 D4rkKnight

This is supposed to be like JA2, not that other crap they released under the JA name.

With that said, I'm not getting my hopes up. They are taking a light-hearted approach to the characters and story which definitely does not fit the style of JA2, and the devs themselves don't have much experience. Also it looks like a cartoon...so far I'm not liking what I see.

This comment was edited on Jul 3, 2014, 20:33.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Tropico 5
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Tropico 5 May 23, 2014, 18:14 D4rkKnight

Tropico 1, version 5 has been released!  

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Issues
6. Re: Dark Souls II PC Issues Apr 25, 2014, 21:33 D4rkKnight

GeDoSaTo DS2E 0.1 alpha

Hopefully this game will look like the advertisements soon.

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
6. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 4, 2014, 19:51 D4rkKnight

So is it true that everything (legionaries/sets) that drops binds to your characters so essentially there is no player to player trading anymore?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - FTL: Faster Than Light Advanced Edition
18. Re: Ships Ahoy - FTL: Faster Than Light Advanced Edition Apr 3, 2014, 23:15 D4rkKnight

Jivaro wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 17:31:
I would re-buy this game if it was on Android tablets. If they want to make it for iOS, more power to them. The game is great and the more platforms the better. That said, the exclusion of the largest tablet OS on the market seems odd to me.

Also, if you own FTL on GOG, the download available through your account has already been changed. It appears you have to re-download the entire game to get the "Advanced" part. Of course, the "entire" game is 211 MB, so no big deal.

Because iPad has a single aspect ratio and small # of devices to test for. Android is a nightmare to support for developers.

News Comments > Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Early Access
1. Re: Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Early Access Feb 20, 2014, 17:46 D4rkKnight

Game needs dynamic skirmish AI that purchases equipment and troops on its own and adapts to players. Players have taken it upon themselves to create a dynamic campaign but it has severe limitations that DMS could fix and make into an entire SP/Coop game mode that would be incredibly popular and would never get old.

This comment was edited on Feb 20, 2014, 23:00.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 4, 2014, 21:21 D4rkKnight

nin wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 18:29:
D4rkKnight wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 18:17:
Don't worry Xbox fans, you will get your deal too - I'm going to guess it will be last years COD map pack for 15% off - what a steal!

They go Dead Island and Toy Soldiers- Cold War. Whoo?

That's actually decent, funny what competition does to companies. I used to be on Live Gold a few years back and I remember Microsoft's idea of "deals".

For comparison here, the PS deals are 2013 games, if its Dead Island/Toy Soldiers they are 2011 games. Eventually MS will catch up.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 4, 2014, 18:17 D4rkKnight

Don't worry Xbox fans, you will get your deal too - I'm going to guess it will be last years COD map pack for 15% off - what a steal!  

News Comments > On Sale
27. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2013, 21:18 D4rkKnight

I bought Blood Dragon and when I attempted to play it Uplay was offline and it wouldn't let me in. That's the last Ubisoft game I will buy for a long while - certainly not going to get involved with ACIV with that shit in it.  

News Comments > On Sale
17. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2013, 18:42 D4rkKnight

Arma is not fast paced, there are some missions where you can jump right into the action, but generally missions take patience and planning to ensure you don't draw too much attention and die instantly - which will still happen. It can be frustrating but also rewarding when you learn how the AI spots you and adapt.  

816 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo