Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for AK

Real Name AK   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname pay[oh]tea
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 22, 2003, 19:34
Total Comments 43 (Suspect)
User ID 16546

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Preview
41. Doubt its "flat", May 8, 2003, 15:47 pay[oh]tea

however the edges of the model(s) do look overly anti-aliased.. They probably maxxed their AA slider to make the screenies look yummier

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New World Order Patch
2. I really wanted to like... May 8, 2003, 15:40 pay[oh]tea

...New World Order. It has a fine arsenal of weapons, OK graphics, passable sound fx... Saddly they didn't really try to do anything new or innovating with the gameplay; IE: its pretty much a straight-forward CS clone from what I saw.

News Comments > SimCity 4: Rush Hour
17. Deja Vu... Anyone.. May 7, 2003, 15:10 pay[oh]tea

..remember the ill-fated title "Streets of Sim City"? You could import maps from the previous sim title(s), 1 & 2 I believe, along with Sim Copter levels.

Clunky driving mechanics, slow performance on even top of the line systems of the time... I smell failure on the horizon.

News Comments > Vietnam War: Ho Chi Minh Trail
11. We were most certainly... May 7, 2003, 15:06 pay[oh]tea

...in Laos prior to, lets say, 1967. A close-but-now-deceased friend of mine took part in the "Black Ops" campaigns happening around the region from '66 till '71 or so... Much of what I learned from him would have been a bitter bitter pill to swallow, had I not seen the dogtag chain with 30-40 leathery, dried out VC ears adorning it like some kind of sick human bodypart trophy case. Many of the ears (if memory serves correctly..) were earned in operations within Cambodia.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
62. No leg to stand on? May 2, 2003, 15:37 pay[oh]tea

<rant>
As an American you are free to do what u want, but if u disagree with the government and it really is 'that bad' here then why not move somewhere else? you are free to do that after all?

This, or something close to it, is the common reply from someone who really has never studied the issues of current times, or did but failed to comprehend what they were studying. The quickest way to get this type of reply is to challenge anyone who supports the current Administration with info about how a previous Administration heavily influenced by many of the same people thought it was AOK to sell Iraq everything they needed to build the same WMDs we are now attempting to locate\dismantle\destroy. The non-scientific folks in goverment got a rude awakening when they saw how quickly the Scientific Community traced exactly which plant (within the United States no less!) the Anthrax that we were "attacked" with came from. Imagine how distressed the American people would have become if say, a VX or sarin gas attack occured on US soil, and that the gas was assuredly made with precursor agents\chemicals purchased from the US. A short list of companies that supported the former Iraqi Regime with parts and components to build the weapons of mass destruction: Honeywell, Spektra Physics, Semetex, TI Coating, UNISYS, Sperry Corp., Tektronix, Rockwell, Leybold Vacuum Systems, Finnifan-MAT-US, Hewlett Packard, Dupont, Eastman Kodak, Bechtel, International Computer Systems, American Type Culture Collection, Consarc... On and on. Maybe since all of these folks seem to like Iraqi oil money so so much... Maybe THEY should move to Iraq.

I believe it was Ben Franklin who said "Any man willing to give up a little Freedom for a little Security deserves neither".
</rant>

News Comments > DOOM III Q&A
49. The Chainsaw... May 1, 2003, 00:02 pay[oh]tea

...will be more than acceptable, as long as it includes some sort of macho Duke Nukem-like comment when you first discover the item

"feeeeeel the love! varororoooooooom"

C'mon now. With enviroments that will be as utterly immersive as D3's, I seriously doubt chainsawing up baddies will detract from the games' overall realism...

News Comments > Help Wanted
1. Hay! I'm a zombie! Apr 22, 2003, 05:34 pay[oh]tea

I wonder if they'ed gimme a job heh

News Comments > More on Half-Life 2
36. I just hope... Apr 22, 2003, 05:20 pay[oh]tea

...that TF2 hasn't slipped permanently into obscurity. Who knows? Maybe it will be the multiplayer component of HL2. I'm pretty skeptical however, being as Valve initially said it would be included with the original HL, then it went to addon status, then just seemed to vanish altogether. I originally bought HL FOR TF2, and was sorely dissapointed that it never saw the light of day. And no, TF 1.5 or wtf ever they call it now was NOT a worthy replacement...

News Comments > Savage Preview
1. Now THIS... Apr 22, 2003, 05:15 pay[oh]tea

...appears to have accomplished what Purge has failed miserably at. Lets hope they pull all of the pieces together

News Comments > Devastation Linux Server
1. Yay! Apr 18, 2003, 18:58 pay[oh]tea

Now we can get a bunch of empty Linux Devastation servers going too! Maybe they will keep the empty Win servers empty

Honestly though.. I picked this title up last week, played the SP a little bit.. YAWN. The enviroments are truly beautiful, and thats about it. The multiplayer enviroments are just as beautiful, and just as YAWN, being as theres nothing to shoot at besides rats and trash. Oh well, better luck next time.

News Comments > The Advent of Advent
1. woOOooo interesting. Apr 16, 2003, 18:33 pay[oh]tea

I close friend of mines' daughter named her son 'Ender', after the fictional character in Orson Scott Card's novel Enders Game... Something that is THAT moving to a otherwise ultra-conservitive, uppitty kinda chick.. Hrm. Might be worth checking out.

News Comments > Raven Shield Patches
9. I downloaded.. Apr 11, 2003, 19:06 pay[oh]tea

..the MP Demo of Ravenshield, and didn't really care for that aspect of the game. Yah sure it has boat loads of weapons; However, none of them seemed all that fun to shoot IN GAME ... IE: Not like blazing off 40-50 rounds out of the VC HeavyMG in Vietcong

41. Very cool Wookie =) Apr 8, 2003, 16:54 pay[oh]tea

Good to see you again! And yah, likewise regarding the forum aspect here - etc. I have been a Blues News daily reader since the early QuakeWorld days, so I figured what the hell hehe. Might as well interject and add my .02 now and again.

I'll uhhh, get ahold of ya sometime somehow This probably isn't the place for long sentimental stories - etc

It really makes a person feel good to see people still active in the community after all this time. Most people make me feel ancient at best I did a look-up via google on my "online nickname" aka p3y0t3, and was amazed what I found. Ok, maybe not amazed, but definently suprised lol. Hell, I even have a battlenet ranking, even though I never once have participated in anything thats Battle.net! lol damned poseurs

36. Wookie?! Apr 8, 2003, 14:57 pay[oh]tea

Wookieballs... From TF back in the day?

/me wipes his eyes

nOooOooOOooo it can't be

30. Your window view... Apr 8, 2003, 14:33 pay[oh]tea

...looks like a hit of 4 way blotter acid.

News Comments > Vietcong Patch
12. Man! Postal 2... Apr 8, 2003, 04:12 pay[oh]tea

..is the bomb! I've waited oh so long, and now it has arrived! Awesome physics and gameplay! And whats this?

Whatchyoo talkin 'bout Willis?!

It SHIPS with Gary Coleman! Thats right! Right outta the box! Without even a patch#$%!

This game truly utilizes the cutting-edge, Unreal Warfare technology, taking 3D gaming to its known limits! Game features include (but aren't limited to):

• Awesome Gameplay! Kill or Dont!

• Realistic Physics! Watch urine puddle realisticly!

• More Awesome Gameplay!

• More urine! Totally Awesome!

• Your feeble gaming existence will be shattered, then urinated on if you don't pick up a copy today! Hell! Pick up two! One to give away and one to urinate on!

<shameless>
    now wheres my 20.00
    </shameless>

Intended to be sarcastic.. Shockingly now that i've re-read that, it almost appears to be real marketing hype. shudder

This comment was edited on Apr 8, 04:48.

News Comments > Vietcong Patch
    9. All of its quirkiness... Apr 8, 2003, 00:41 pay[oh]tea

...aside, I really like this game. A LOT. I myself am pretty picky regarding game sounds, and I like Vetcongs use of realistic gunfire. You must realize that if you removed a bunch of any one weapons obnoxious dB\volume, they sound a lot like what Illusion Softworks has done here. These folks spent oodles of time researching the most commonly used weapons of 'nam, and I believe it shows with this title. Strictly speaking from experience, I own two of the many rifles presented in real life (m1 carbine and a egyptian SKS) and have recorded both rifles firing for game sfx, and they both are close to Illusions sounds. This leads me to believe that they used the actual weapons in at least these two instances, but probably in a much more controlled enviroment than myself

Hopefully, some late-bloomer reviewers will give this game some well deserved extra hype.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
    1. Anyone else notice.. Apr 7, 2003, 16:10 pay[oh]tea

..that it seems like the majority of Planetside screens made available seem to lack any combat going on in them.. At all. Sure its still in beta, so sure most people are probably busying themselves trying to find major bugs and play balance issues... Hay maybe I just answered my own question

Whats your take on this fredrickson?

/me runs for the hills

News Comments > UT2003 Demo DoS Fix
    5. mMm burning bodies. Apr 7, 2003, 00:35 pay[oh]tea

I did like the burn effect too... I don't know though, it just doesn't seem as fun as the original UT. However I did see that some kind of racing mutator\mod was being done, plus who knows what else.

crosses fingers hoping for some kind of modding goodness

I actually went to re-insallt ut2k3 a week or so ago after upgrading to new radeon video, but for some reason it wouldn't properly read the first cd. Its surface is flawless, being that I returned it to its' paper sleeve the game cd's come in. Cheapo bastards wheres my jewel case ;p

News Comments > UT2003 Demo DoS Fix
    1. Is anyone even still playing.. Apr 6, 2003, 21:04 pay[oh]tea

..UT2k3?

I picked it up. I played it a bit. I uninstalled.

Maybe once the mod community picks up... shrug

43 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo