Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Roberto

Real Name Roberto   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wolfox
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Gamer and master geek. I love games, computers, music, 3D, etc.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 13, 2003, 17:16
Total Comments 536 (Apprentice)
User ID 16448

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 27, 2013, 16:27 Wolfox

Quinn wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 13:55:
Batman: Arkham Origins is awesome. Just like the first and second game. People who love the first two but complain about this one probably have a hard time dealing with the fact there's not much innovation. Other than that, it's just more of the same awesomeness.

Ditto. I'm really liking the game so far, though it's considerably more buggy than City was at release. I hope they patch the game soon enough.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 27, 2013, 16:26 Wolfox

Slashman wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 12:54:
Wow. Naruto at number 3. Unexpected...

For the record, I'm playing it and it's awesome. The way the graphics work is mesmerizing - it's all fully 3D, but it feels 2D - I've never seen anything quite like this before.

As for the gameplay, it's pretty good and different from any fighting games I have played so far.

News Comments > Golden Joystick Winners
5. Re: Golden Joystick Winners Oct 25, 2013, 20:39 Wolfox

The most interesting thing is that GTA V won as Game of the Year, considering that voting began in June, ended in mid October, and GTA V was released in mid September. I don't think that would be possible without tons of people voting for GTA V as Game of the Year without even playing it.

It gets even more interesting if you think that a considerable part of GTA V - GTA Online - only went live on October 1st, and had significant issues for the following two weeks.

News Comments > Space Rangers HD: A War Apart Released
12. Re: Space Rangers HD: A War Apart Released Oct 17, 2013, 18:09 Wolfox

It's roughly US$ 10 (more precisely R$ 19.99, with the -20% launch discount) for me during launch week on Steam - other regions are reporting prices in the US$ 15 and US$ 20 ranges (with the launch discount), so YMMV.

For US$ 10, I'll definitely buy this. Space Rangers 2 Reboot was one of my favorite games ever - if this is Space Rangers 2 Reboot improved, then I just have to play it.

News Comments > Space Rangers HD Next Week
5. Re: Space Rangers HD Next Week Oct 10, 2013, 11:08 Wolfox

Prez wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 10:05:
AWESOME! One of my favorite games ever!

One of my favorite games as well. Definitely getting this one.

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2013, 15:13 Wolfox

Dev wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 14:55:
Wash Washburne wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 14:31:
XCOM: Enemy Within for $29.99....no thank you. Greedy price hiking makes me sad a little inside.
If its a full sized expansion like it claims, $30 isn't bad, that's the normal price of an expansion to a $50 game.
(...)
Now blizzard charging $40 for their SC2 expansion seems a bit much to me.

FYI, XCOM: Enemy Within is priced at $40 outside North America. Don't ask me why.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Specs Lower Than Alleged
3. Re: Watch Dogs Specs Lower Than Alleged Oct 3, 2013, 17:47 Wolfox

DangerDog wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 16:55:
Ubisoft doesn't let you use their content delivery system if you buy it from places other than them.

All the Ubisoft games I bought from Gamersgate registered fine in Uplay, and I think I can download them from there (though I have to double-check). As far as I know, only Uplay games bought on Steam can't be downloaded from the Uplay client. Can anyone confirm?

News Comments > X Rebirth Trading Trailer
21. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 17:47 Wolfox

Yeah, this is easily my most expected game right now. I have preordered it already, and I can't wait to get to play it. November 15th won't come fast enough.  

News Comments > X Rebirth Trading Trailer
18. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 17:37 Wolfox

MajorD wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 17:00:
So, being totally new to this franchise, I have questions. Can you fly to and land on the near by planets seen in the video, or is it strictly flying around in space to different stations? May be a dumb question, but IDFK.

No, no flying into planets. You can try to, but you'll burn into the atmosphere. At least that's what I remember Egosoft saying in the AMA they did a while ago on Reddit.

And I'd argue the game doesn't really need it. If that's something you want, you can try Evochron Mercenary, which allows you to do that.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Cinematic Trailer
6. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Cinematic Trailer Aug 14, 2013, 14:40 Wolfox

Creston wrote on Aug 14, 2013, 13:01:
I find it a pretty damn uncomfortable trailer to watch, to be honest. Do we really need to watch a woman being beaten up in a fairly graphic way for you to promote your game, CD Projekt?

Actually, this trailer is very similar to one certain story in the Witcher books - namely, the first "action" Geralt saw when he became a true, independent, "graduated" witcher. It's a nod to Geralt's history in the books (much as the Witcher 1 intro was), and it's pretty cool from a lore/character development standpoint - it's interesting to see how differently Geralt approaches similar situations in two very different times in his life.

Also, women are present in many of the Witcher stories in the books - not as sexual objects or damsels in distress, mind you, but as driving forces in exposing Geralt's conflicts with his conscience, his identity, and his view of the world around him. IMO, this trailer shows that pretty well, and it's far from gratuitous, especially if you've read the books.

News Comments > Saints Row IV Cast Unveiled
12. Re: Saints Row IV Cast Unveiled Jul 16, 2013, 14:16 Wolfox

nin wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 13:36:
Why hello there!

For the record, I'm really happy to see that. Is that for real?

News Comments > Saints Row IV Cast Unveiled
9. Re: Saints Row IV Cast Unveiled Jul 16, 2013, 12:45 Wolfox

So glad to see that Laura Bailey is back as Player Female Voice #1. I loved her work in SR3.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Rogue Legacy
9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Rogue Legacy Jun 27, 2013, 22:53 Wolfox

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 21:31:
This game looks fun, but $15 is a bit pricey and there is no demo. What gives? Anyways, no doubt it will be in a future humble bundle.

There is a demo. Here: http://www.roguelegacy.com/

News Comments > X Rebirth Lives
18. Re: X Rebirth Lives Jun 7, 2013, 16:57 Wolfox

yuastnav wrote on Jun 7, 2013, 16:33:
A good consensus is flying a M7 or something like that. It is bigger than a fighter but smaller than a M2 or M1.

I fly in a M6 most of the time, because it is stronger than any fighter, but small enough to dock with any station. When I have to go into combat, I'll jump into my trusty M7 (which is fairly fun to fly into combat), giving orders to my fleet, and enjoying the combat. And if things get too hot, I can always call in my M7M and let it clear the whole sector with a few missile barrages (which is AWESOME).

Needless to say, I love the X series as a whole, and I look forward to X-Rebirth. Here's a fairly recent (and quite impressive) video showing how the game looks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6seoryOhxk

News Comments > Drox Operative: Invasion of the Ancients Announced
2. Re: Drox Operative: Invasion of the Ancients Announced Jun 5, 2013, 22:22 Wolfox

Eirikrautha wrote on Jun 5, 2013, 21:57:
I really should like this game. It's got a retro/StarControl feel to it with a lot of options... so it should punch all the right buttons. And, yet, I just can't get into it. I wish I could figure out why. Something about it just feels wrong...

It's not only you. I'm a big fan of Din's Curse (and Depths of Peril before it), but I just couldn't get into Drox Operative. I wanted to like it, but for some reason, it just doesn't work for me, and I don't even know exactly why.

News Comments > Marvel Heroes Launches
45. Re: Marvel Heroes Launches Jun 4, 2013, 21:09 Wolfox

Redmask wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 20:49:
Kosumo wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 20:06:
Just a quick question, have ASeven and Axis played the game?

Cos they both seem to be bagging a free game.

The idea that games can't be criticized because they're free is really dumb. The fact that something is free just means I'll move on without reservations, it doesn't mean I won't tell other people not to waste their time.

I think his point is that they're both trashing a game they haven't actually played, and a game that they could play (if they wanted) because it's free. Which is a fairly good point.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes May 23, 2013, 11:24 Wolfox

eRe4s3r wrote on May 23, 2013, 05:29:
Is it finally a good game? or still has hacked together as Elemental War of Magic ?

I completely ignored whatever happened with this game, Elemental War of Magic sucked horribly, if I were to jump in now, would I see a drastically better/different game?

Legendary Heroes is the game I expected Elemental to be. It's much better, much improved, and actually fun to play, at least for me.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced
11. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced May 22, 2013, 11:06 Wolfox

C'mon, people. There are plenty of good turn-based strategy games in mobile platforms, like Neuroshima Hex and Eclipse. This can be good.  

News Comments > Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for PCs
33. Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for PCs May 18, 2013, 22:05 Wolfox

NegaDeath wrote on May 18, 2013, 01:12:
Will the inevitable sequel be called Rerevengeance?

I'd prefer "Deja Vengeance".

News Comments > Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for PCs
16. Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for PCs May 17, 2013, 15:00 Wolfox

I think "revengeance" is actually very clever. It fuses revenge and vengeance into a single word, emphasizing their shared meaning (a sort of "pleonastic portmanteau", if you will), and it's brilliant as far as SEO goes - if you google "revengeance", 95% of the hits will be about the game, and 5% will be people complaining about how "stupid" the word is and all that, I guess.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the game on PC. It looks great, and I've heard great things about it.

536 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo