Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Roberto

Real Name Roberto   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wolfox
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Gamer and master geek. I love games, computers, music, 3D, etc.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 13, 2003, 17:16
Total Comments 553 (Apprentice)
User ID 16448

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Feb 26, 2014, 14:01 Wolfox

I've played for a bit over 2 hours and it's really good so far. Runs smooth, looks great, combat has a bit more nuance than the first one, and some pretty cool setpieces.

In that time, I've played through two of the much criticized "stealth sections". They didn't bother me nearly as much as it did most reviewers (at least not yet) because they are, for all intents and purposes, just disguised puzzles - puzzles that, so far, are no worse (and no better) than the puzzles in the first game.

Apart from a somewhat gratuitous scene that serves little real purpose (even if it's quite powerful, in an unsettling kind of way) and some weird and uncalled-for innuendo by one of the early bosses, I'm really enjoying the game. But there's still about 18 hours of game to go, so it may be a bit too early to say how good it is or is not. As beginnings go, though, it's pretty good.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Age of Wonders III Next Month
2. Re: Age of Wonders III Next Month Feb 25, 2014, 19:22 Wolfox

Julio wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 19:18:
Given AOW:SM was one of my favorite games of all time, looking forward to this DRM free from GOG.

In that case, I hope you like regional pricing, or that you are unaffected by it. Just saying.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Feb 24, 2014, 21:39 Wolfox

.net_Drifter wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 19:17:
Julio wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 17:47:
Guess he won't be doing a cameo in Ghostbusters 3. A very talented man.

. . . or will he?

Good joke, but a bit too soon.

RIP Egon Spengler, Ph.D.

News Comments > Line of Defense Tactics Demo
4. Re: Line of Defense Tactics Demo Feb 19, 2014, 20:16 Wolfox

PHJF wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 20:00:
...a chance to make their own judgment and help us counter these malicious and false reviews being put up by a select few and their mob in order to get back at us for banning, thus preventing them from disrupting our forums.

... what

I see you're not used to Derek's style. That is actually a pretty good example of what's been going on since Battlecruiser 3000AD.

News Comments > PC Line of Defense Tactics Released
2. Re: PC Line of Defense Tactics Released Feb 11, 2014, 16:49 Wolfox

I wonder how long until someone does the summoning.

So, has anyone here tried the game? If so, how is it?

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. Re: Sunday Mobilization Feb 9, 2014, 12:12 Wolfox

Hey, guys, don't be too hard on the guy. He's just trying to pull a Phil Fish.

Of course, Flappy Bird isn't Fez or even close to it. But hey, it's the thought that matters!

(and it saddens me to see people playing Flappy Bird when they could be instead playing something more substantial like Joust)

News Comments > Child of Light in April
3. Re: Child of Light in April Feb 8, 2014, 14:02 Wolfox

Brumbek wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 13:15:
Never trust Ubisoft. Ever.

Why?

News Comments > New Elite: Dangerous Backer MP Alpha
16. Re: New Elite: Dangerous Backer MP Alpha Feb 6, 2014, 16:47 Wolfox

Cutter wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 22:32:
Makes me wonder wtf the guys at Egosoft are doing to fix Rebirth.

Too little, and most likely too late.

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Morning Previews Feb 4, 2014, 09:45 Wolfox

Yes. I wouldn't play it any other way.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 12, 2014, 13:20 Wolfox

Dagnamit wrote on Jan 12, 2014, 12:43:
I'm tempted to pull the trigger on revengeance. It's got some good buzz. Any impressions?

So far I really like it. Gameplay is excellent, it looks pretty good, and no performance problems anywhere (it's really smooth). I'm playing with a controller, though, so I have no idea how good (or bad) the K&M controls are.

If you like the genre, I would definitely recommend it, assuming you have no issues with the crazy region-locking.

News Comments > Hello Games Flood Follow-up
10. Re: Hello Games Flood Follow-up Dec 29, 2013, 14:16 Wolfox

jdreyer wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 13:09:
Given that flood zones historically were no man's land, and only recently people have taken to living there, I find your mistake to be a fascinating observation.

Yup. That's exactly why I asked.

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 29, 2013, 11:59 Wolfox

So glad to see Anno 2070 in that list. It's a fantastic and mostly overlooked game.

Also, glad Starbound is there. It's a great game already, and it's not nearly complete yet.

News Comments > Hello Games Flood Follow-up
6. Re: Hello Games Flood Follow-up Dec 29, 2013, 11:57 Wolfox

ASeven wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 11:37:
Terrible bad fortune for them, hopefully they rebound well. I bet we'll see a kickstarter for No Man's Land soon enough.

Was that an intentional pun on the game's title (which is "No Man's Sky"), or just a mistake?

News Comments > John Carmack Leaves id Software
20. Re: John Carmack Leaves id Software Nov 22, 2013, 21:54 Wolfox

jomisab wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 21:33:
TangledThorns wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 20:34:
John Carmack, over hyped.

Ignorant troll comment.

He is/was an incredible technologist, not a game designer.

This. One thousand times this.

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 17, 2013, 16:34 Wolfox

nin wrote on Nov 17, 2013, 12:32:
I've not been following every thread, but it is more accessible off the bat than the previous ones? I think I only tried the original and X3, but in both cases, I kind of felt lost and not sure what to do.

Tough question. Right now, I'd say it's not more accessible, but that's because of interface issues and some questionable design issues. If they fix those (like a better map more suited to navigation, better situational awareness tools, better options for commanding ships, trade command cancellation, etc), then I'd say it is potentially much more newbie-friendly than X3 ever was.

For the time being, though, it is confusing for veterans and newbies alike, so I'd recommend waiting a bit while the rough edges get patched. Egosoft will do that soon enough.

News Comments > Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Trailer
2. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Trailer Oct 31, 2013, 20:47 Wolfox

mag wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 20:18:
Lords of Shadow was so disappointing that I have to voice my displeasure in every related thread.

That's funny, because it's my favorite game in 2013 so far (with DmC as a *very* close second). I loved the game.

I'm looking forward to the second one, and this trailer showed exactly what I was hoping to see in terms of history. February 27th can't come fast enough.

26. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 28, 2013, 00:29 Wolfox

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 21:09:
Is it just me, or do they attack a lot sooner now? I am noticing they are almost crowding me when I am fighting someone, I am CONSTANTLY doing a counter move. Wasn't this in your face before. A nice change, since the fighting in the previous 2 were easy, they would really spread out and let you get tons of long combos. This one you have to be smarter.

Not just you. Bad guys are more agressive, and so is Batman. I like the change too.

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 27, 2013, 16:27 Wolfox

Quinn wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 13:55:
Batman: Arkham Origins is awesome. Just like the first and second game. People who love the first two but complain about this one probably have a hard time dealing with the fact there's not much innovation. Other than that, it's just more of the same awesomeness.

Ditto. I'm really liking the game so far, though it's considerably more buggy than City was at release. I hope they patch the game soon enough.

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 27, 2013, 16:26 Wolfox

Slashman wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 12:54:
Wow. Naruto at number 3. Unexpected...

For the record, I'm playing it and it's awesome. The way the graphics work is mesmerizing - it's all fully 3D, but it feels 2D - I've never seen anything quite like this before.

As for the gameplay, it's pretty good and different from any fighting games I have played so far.

News Comments > Golden Joystick Winners
5. Re: Golden Joystick Winners Oct 25, 2013, 20:39 Wolfox

The most interesting thing is that GTA V won as Game of the Year, considering that voting began in June, ended in mid October, and GTA V was released in mid September. I don't think that would be possible without tons of people voting for GTA V as Game of the Year without even playing it.

It gets even more interesting if you think that a considerable part of GTA V - GTA Online - only went live on October 1st, and had significant issues for the following two weeks.

553 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo