Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Roberto

Real Name Roberto   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wolfox
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Gamer and master geek. I love games, computers, music, 3D, etc.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 13, 2003, 17:16
Total Comments 545 (Apprentice)
User ID 16448

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age Voice Talent
6. Re: Dragon Age Voice Talent Aug 27, 2009, 11:03 Wolfox

and Kate Mulgrew (Star Trek: The Chick Captain)

I LOL'ed.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect Patch
7. Re: Mass Effect Patch Aug 25, 2009, 13:13 Wolfox

Securom is still there... all the patch does is to make it easier to revoke an activation. So, it's your call.  

News Comments > Commandos to Return
3. Re: Commandos to Return Aug 24, 2009, 17:08 Wolfox

According to Pyro studios the overstap to 3D a bad choice was.

Yoda, is that you?

News Comments > CEO Bets Hair Victoria 2 is a Loser
27. Re: CEO Bets Hair Victoria 2 is a Loser Aug 23, 2009, 11:36 Wolfox

Fredrik has always seemed like a good guy to me, so I'd chalk this up to him wanting to get the fan base excited -- as mentioned, Paradox has a very devoted fan community -- and giving them a friendly little competition.

Quoted for truth.

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 2009, 11:36.

News Comments > Fourth Diablo III Class the Monk [Updated]
11. Re: Diablo III Monk Announced Aug 21, 2009, 15:30 Wolfox

Nice joke, Blue. As usual. ;-)

BTW, I wonder if D3's monk will ever say "I'm a freaking blur, here!"

News Comments > John Carmack on PhysX
15. Re: John Carmack on PhysX Aug 21, 2009, 14:20 Wolfox

The following list is more detailed, showing which titles support the hardware implementation, and which ones do not:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1141844

Still, much more than two.

News Comments > John Carmack on PhysX
11. Re: John Carmack on PhysX Aug 21, 2009, 13:55 Wolfox

In the end, I think 2 games support the damn thing, and do so poorly.

More than 2 for sure:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physx#Games

Other than that, I agree with you.

News Comments > East India Company to Expand
2. Re: East India Company to Expand Aug 20, 2009, 11:43 Wolfox

Actually, the latest patches removed most of the problems with the interface. As for simplistic gameplay, that's a matter of opinion; it's simpler than, say, Patrician 3, but I guess the point of the game was to have simpler, equal measures of trading and combat, in which it succeeds (mostly).  

News Comments > Now THAT's an Entrance
2. Re: Now THAT's an Entrance Aug 19, 2009, 13:56 Wolfox

Awesome!  

News Comments > Death to Spies Digital Release
1. Re: Death to Spies Digital Release Aug 7, 2009, 18:26 Wolfox

It's on Steam already (kind of, since there seem to be a few bugs on the game page):

http://store.steampowered.com/app/34410/

News Comments > Hearts of Iron III Digital Release
1. Re: Hearts of Iron III Digital Release Aug 7, 2009, 17:23 Wolfox

Actually, they are available on Gamersgate, though it's not entirely clear how to purchase them (the coins value seems to indicate a $1,99 value). Links:

German pack: http://www.gamersgate.com/DLC-1/hoi-3-sprite-pack-no-1

US pack: http://www.gamersgate.com/DLC-11/hoi-3-sprite-pack-no-2

News Comments > Combat Mission Vista Upgrades & Demos
6. Re: Combat Mission Vista Upgrades & Demos Jul 25, 2009, 17:23 Wolfox

Blue, thanks for the clarification, even though I already knew that, since I own both games.

All: don't get me wrong, I'm not boycotting Battlefront for this action alone... but this particular one pushed me over the edge. I've never liked the way they treat their customers, and this last action was the nail on the coffin. I'd rather give my money to more customer-friendly companies.

News Comments > Defense Grid: The Awakening Patched
1. Re: Defense Grid: The Awakening Patched Jul 24, 2009, 10:04 Wolfox

The patch killed sound for most (if not all) people. I'm sure they will fix it, but, right now, it's tower defense in outer space.  

News Comments > Combat Mission Vista Upgrades & Demos
1. Re: Combat Mission Vista Upgrades & Demos Jul 24, 2009, 10:02 Wolfox

$5.00 dollars for a patch to get your game working? That is it. Battlefront will NEVER see my money again.  

News Comments > Paradox Sale [Updated]
10. Re: Paradox Sale Jul 20, 2009, 14:48 Wolfox

I used to play EU1/2 but the AI troop ping-pong in EU3 drives me insane. I'm thinking about picking up Victoria and/or Crusader Kings because they seem more focused on nation-building than warfare. Anything I should know about these games before I buy?

I haven't played much of Victoria, though it's arguably the most complex of the Paradox Grand Strategy line.

Crusader Kings is the most "different" of the Paradox games, since it's actually focused on your dinasty. Though you do administer the provinces you control, it's significantly streamlined when compared with EU, since the focus is on your dinasty and its relations with other dinasties.

Combat is also streamlined - you don't train armies, you mobilize them when needed from your provinces; the army composition depends on the balance of the different social strata in your province. If you have more nobles in a certain province, you'll have more knights in the mobilized army, but nobles don't pay tax, so that province wil give you less money. It's a fun balancing game.

In combat, you'll see armies retreat here and there, but it doesn't feel as "ping-pong" as in EU3 - it feels more natural, somehow.

News Comments > Paradox Sale [Updated]
6. Re: Paradox Sale Jul 20, 2009, 12:59 Wolfox

Great sale. Crusader Kings (with the expansions) is one of my favorite games; all the Europa Universalis games (and its "spin-offs" like Victoria and Hearts of Iron) are pretty good, each in its own way. Sword of the Stars is my favorite 4X game (with all the expansions). Mount & Blade is pretty cool, though a bit too open-ended to some, in a "Morrowind-ish" kind of way.

I also have Elven Legacy and Galactic Assault, but I haven't played them yet (bought both on sales a while ago), but I hear they're good (or I wouldn't have bought them in the first place).

The bad thing about those sales is that I bought Europa Universalis: Rome Gold last week. If I had waited for another week, I'd get it for half the price. But that's life...

News Comments > Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Announced
9. Re: Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Announced Jul 7, 2009, 15:35 Wolfox

So far I still think that Titan Quest and its expansion are the kings of hack/slash RPG action.

For me, it was a tie between Titan Quest (with IT) and Sacred Gold (the first one - I haven't played the second), until I found Depths of Peril. If you like Action RPGs, give it a chance; you might like it too.

News Comments > LucasArts Classic Rereleases
34. Re: LucasArts Classic Rereleases Jul 6, 2009, 15:19 Wolfox

I was hoping they would release their classics on GOG.com. But Steam? Thanks, I'll pass.  

News Comments > New on GameTap
2. Re: New on GameTap Jul 3, 2009, 10:57 Wolfox

I don't know about GameTap, but Rogue Trooper is a great game.  

News Comments > Impulse Sales
6. Re: Impulse Sales Jul 1, 2009, 17:32 Wolfox

Considering that Friday is a holiday, and most weekend sales are announced on Thursday, getting this announcement a day early kind of makes sense.  

545 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo