Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Roberto

Real Name Roberto   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wolfox
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Gamer and master geek. I love games, computers, music, 3D, etc.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 13, 2003, 17:16
Total Comments 568 (Apprentice)
User ID 16448

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 3 News Tomorrow?
17. Re: Battlefield 3 News Tomorrow? Feb 3, 2011, 18:59 Wolfox

Here's the text for tomorrow's announcement:

"Battlefield 3 will be console-only, but we would never forget PC gamers. We're working right now on a Facebook game for them, called BattlefieldVille."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age II DRM Explained
7. Re: Dragon Age II DRM Explained Jan 31, 2011, 21:19 Wolfox

Remember when EA announced something similar would be done with Spore and Mass Effect (having to reauthenticate every 10 days or so)? People declared the death of EA and PC gaming, gave 1-star reviews on pre-orders, and screamed loud until EA backed up on the "require a login check after a select period of days".

How people react now? "Oh, that's pretty mild. Thank you, EA, for treating us as customers instead of the evil Ubisoft with their constantly online DRM".

It's funny. Or tragic. I don't really know.

News Comments > Magicka #1 on Steam, Bug Hunt Continues
34. Re: Magicka #1 on Steam, Bug Hunt Continues Jan 27, 2011, 08:44 Wolfox

Sepharo wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 01:06:
Just had my first BSoD in years while picking the color of my robe before I even got to play.

Now I don't even feel like trying. So apathetic.

Play windowed for now. That fixed a similar problem for me.

16. Re: Magicka #1 on Steam, Bug Hunt Continues Jan 26, 2011, 14:07 Wolfox

Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Jan 26, 2011, 12:51:
I've been lucky enough to have no problems in single player. This game is a hoot; there's something new and entertaining around every corner. And good lord, what that blacksmith made with just a paperclip...

I have no problems in single player either (though I have to play the game windowed, it's not a big deal). And yes, that's a great paperclip-based work of art. Have you noticed the associated achievement named "First Blood"? It's awesome.

10. Re: Magicka #1 on Steam, Bug Hunt Continues Jan 26, 2011, 12:22 Wolfox

m00t wrote on Jan 26, 2011, 12:12:
I had a few issues getting a multiplayer game started and the perf wasn't great. But once I opened a port (yeah, I know.) in the router I was able to play through 6 chapters with my wife and a friend. It's a lot of fun once you get in, so I assume once they sort out the general issues it'll be really popular.

Which port did you open? I've tried everything from 7300-7400 and MP still doesn't work.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2011, 19:48 Wolfox

Prayers seem to have worked, as the Packers won. The playoffs are officially "interesting" now. ;-)  

News Comments > More Raven Call of Duty Speculation
1. Re: More Raven Call of Duty Speculation Jan 5, 2011, 10:09 Wolfox

It can't be a Call of Duty game - read again and you'll notice that they say they're working on a realistic military shooter.  

News Comments > Battle for Freedom Demo [Updated]
15. Re: Battle for Freedom Demo [Updated] Jan 5, 2011, 09:22 Wolfox

"From the same developers behind Limbo of the Lost, comes a first-person shooter tour-de-force. You've been lost in limbo... now Battle for Freedom!"  

News Comments > Recettear Sells 100K, Worldwide Chantelise Announced
2. Re: Recettear Sells 100K, Worldwide Chantelise Announced Jan 3, 2011, 09:35 Wolfox

It's a great game, actually. I had tons of fun with it. One of the highlights of 2010 for me, in fact.  

News Comments > Din's Curse: Demon War Preorders, Beta
4. Re: Din's Curse: Demon War Preorders, Beta Dec 30, 2010, 22:14 Wolfox

Dirwulf wrote on Dec 30, 2010, 19:02:
It is a clone. I enjoyed Torchlight much more. And the graphics are horrible. I couldn't get past them even with the good game play. But you should try it and decide for yourself.

I had the exact opposite experience - I enjoyed Torchlight for a while, but I got tired quickly of how shallow it was in terms of gameplay. On the other hand, I still play Din's Curse regularly, and I enjoy it a lot more, even with "horrible" graphics (which aren't "horrible" for me - adequate would be the word I'd use).

In any case, that's excellent advice - since there's a demo available, anyone can try it out and see how well it works for them.

News Comments > Din's Curse: Demon War Preorders, Beta
1. Re: Din's Curse: Demon War Preorders, Beta Dec 30, 2010, 16:21 Wolfox

Definitely getting this. Din's Curse is a brilliant game, and the new features in Demon War sound awesome.  

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik Patches
7. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik Patches Dec 30, 2010, 08:14 Wolfox

@Techie714: I think you can play with the keyboard, but I personally don't consider that an option. IMHO, you need a joystick to really enjoy this game to the fullest (and that's true for most flight sims).  

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik Patches
2. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik Patches Dec 29, 2010, 21:38 Wolfox

I'd advise you to get it from GOG.com - it's on sale there for 6.99, DRM-free and all, and I think it's well worth $50 even now.  

News Comments > CoD DoS Arrest
3. Re: CoD DoS Arrest Dec 10, 2010, 15:44 Wolfox

So, a kid does a denial of service attack (griefing a lot of people), and gets arrested because of that? Serves him well.  

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Nov 24, 2010, 17:25 Wolfox

I bought Alpha Protocol yesterday on a 50% sale on Gamersgate, for $15. Now it's 75% there as well, for $7.50. Tough luck, I guess.

Still, it seems to be just my kind of game. And I'm sure it's worth $15. It's just that I could probably use those extra $7.50 on another game.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Poker Night at the Inventory
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Poker Night at the Inventory Nov 23, 2010, 09:00 Wolfox

nullability just described exactly how I feel about the game. It's definitely well worth $5, and lots of fun.  

News Comments > New AI Wars Expansion Next Month
2. Re: New AI Wars Expansion Next Month Nov 4, 2010, 11:22 Wolfox

@UConnBBall There are reports that it runs fine under Wine now, so you might want to try that.  

News Comments > Blood Bowl Legendary Edition Released, Patched
6. Re: Blood Bowl Legendary Edition Released, Patched Oct 29, 2010, 10:32 Wolfox

Mac wrote on Oct 29, 2010, 02:47:
I have the original, and I just couldn't get into it as I didn't have a clue of the rules - if the tutorial and ingame help is good this time I may pick it up.

As I said, the tutorial is much better this time, and you can check the rules in-game. You can also download PDF files with the rules in the game's website, for off-game reading. I strongly recommend that, if you really want to enjoy the game.

News Comments > Blood Bowl Legendary Edition Released, Patched
2. Re: Blood Bowl Legendary Edition Released, Patched Oct 28, 2010, 23:44 Wolfox

Just installed... only played the tutorial so far (which is actually pretty good this time, and covers the most important basic rules of the game - and there's also a copy of the "competition rules" available in-game now!), but it's looking really, really good. A definite improvement over the original.  

News Comments > Section 8: Prejudice Beta Signups
7. Re: Section 8: Prejudice Beta Signups Oct 20, 2010, 11:06 Wolfox

I was interested, but knowing that it will use GFWL just killed my interest altogether.  

568 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo