Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Roberto

Real Name Roberto   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wolfox
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Gamer and master geek. I love games, computers, music, 3D, etc.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 13, 2003, 17:16
Total Comments 565 (Apprentice)
User ID 16448

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Magicka #1 on Steam, Bug Hunt Continues
16. Re: Magicka #1 on Steam, Bug Hunt Continues Jan 26, 2011, 14:07 Wolfox

Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Jan 26, 2011, 12:51:
I've been lucky enough to have no problems in single player. This game is a hoot; there's something new and entertaining around every corner. And good lord, what that blacksmith made with just a paperclip...

I have no problems in single player either (though I have to play the game windowed, it's not a big deal). And yes, that's a great paperclip-based work of art. Have you noticed the associated achievement named "First Blood"? It's awesome.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Magicka #1 on Steam, Bug Hunt Continues
10. Re: Magicka #1 on Steam, Bug Hunt Continues Jan 26, 2011, 12:22 Wolfox

m00t wrote on Jan 26, 2011, 12:12:
I had a few issues getting a multiplayer game started and the perf wasn't great. But once I opened a port (yeah, I know.) in the router I was able to play through 6 chapters with my wife and a friend. It's a lot of fun once you get in, so I assume once they sort out the general issues it'll be really popular.

Which port did you open? I've tried everything from 7300-7400 and MP still doesn't work.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2011, 19:48 Wolfox

Prayers seem to have worked, as the Packers won. The playoffs are officially "interesting" now. ;-)  

News Comments > More Raven Call of Duty Speculation
1. Re: More Raven Call of Duty Speculation Jan 5, 2011, 10:09 Wolfox

It can't be a Call of Duty game - read again and you'll notice that they say they're working on a realistic military shooter.  

News Comments > Battle for Freedom Demo [Updated]
15. Re: Battle for Freedom Demo [Updated] Jan 5, 2011, 09:22 Wolfox

"From the same developers behind Limbo of the Lost, comes a first-person shooter tour-de-force. You've been lost in limbo... now Battle for Freedom!"  

News Comments > Recettear Sells 100K, Worldwide Chantelise Announced
2. Re: Recettear Sells 100K, Worldwide Chantelise Announced Jan 3, 2011, 09:35 Wolfox

It's a great game, actually. I had tons of fun with it. One of the highlights of 2010 for me, in fact.  

News Comments > Din's Curse: Demon War Preorders, Beta
4. Re: Din's Curse: Demon War Preorders, Beta Dec 30, 2010, 22:14 Wolfox

Dirwulf wrote on Dec 30, 2010, 19:02:
It is a clone. I enjoyed Torchlight much more. And the graphics are horrible. I couldn't get past them even with the good game play. But you should try it and decide for yourself.

I had the exact opposite experience - I enjoyed Torchlight for a while, but I got tired quickly of how shallow it was in terms of gameplay. On the other hand, I still play Din's Curse regularly, and I enjoy it a lot more, even with "horrible" graphics (which aren't "horrible" for me - adequate would be the word I'd use).

In any case, that's excellent advice - since there's a demo available, anyone can try it out and see how well it works for them.

News Comments > Din's Curse: Demon War Preorders, Beta
1. Re: Din's Curse: Demon War Preorders, Beta Dec 30, 2010, 16:21 Wolfox

Definitely getting this. Din's Curse is a brilliant game, and the new features in Demon War sound awesome.  

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik Patches
7. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik Patches Dec 30, 2010, 08:14 Wolfox

@Techie714: I think you can play with the keyboard, but I personally don't consider that an option. IMHO, you need a joystick to really enjoy this game to the fullest (and that's true for most flight sims).  

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik Patches
2. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik Patches Dec 29, 2010, 21:38 Wolfox

I'd advise you to get it from GOG.com - it's on sale there for 6.99, DRM-free and all, and I think it's well worth $50 even now.  

News Comments > CoD DoS Arrest
3. Re: CoD DoS Arrest Dec 10, 2010, 15:44 Wolfox

So, a kid does a denial of service attack (griefing a lot of people), and gets arrested because of that? Serves him well.  

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Nov 24, 2010, 17:25 Wolfox

I bought Alpha Protocol yesterday on a 50% sale on Gamersgate, for $15. Now it's 75% there as well, for $7.50. Tough luck, I guess.

Still, it seems to be just my kind of game. And I'm sure it's worth $15. It's just that I could probably use those extra $7.50 on another game.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Poker Night at the Inventory
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Poker Night at the Inventory Nov 23, 2010, 09:00 Wolfox

nullability just described exactly how I feel about the game. It's definitely well worth $5, and lots of fun.  

News Comments > New AI Wars Expansion Next Month
2. Re: New AI Wars Expansion Next Month Nov 4, 2010, 11:22 Wolfox

@UConnBBall There are reports that it runs fine under Wine now, so you might want to try that.  

News Comments > Blood Bowl Legendary Edition Released, Patched
6. Re: Blood Bowl Legendary Edition Released, Patched Oct 29, 2010, 10:32 Wolfox

Mac wrote on Oct 29, 2010, 02:47:
I have the original, and I just couldn't get into it as I didn't have a clue of the rules - if the tutorial and ingame help is good this time I may pick it up.

As I said, the tutorial is much better this time, and you can check the rules in-game. You can also download PDF files with the rules in the game's website, for off-game reading. I strongly recommend that, if you really want to enjoy the game.

News Comments > Blood Bowl Legendary Edition Released, Patched
2. Re: Blood Bowl Legendary Edition Released, Patched Oct 28, 2010, 23:44 Wolfox

Just installed... only played the tutorial so far (which is actually pretty good this time, and covers the most important basic rules of the game - and there's also a copy of the "competition rules" available in-game now!), but it's looking really, really good. A definite improvement over the original.  

News Comments > Section 8: Prejudice Beta Signups
7. Re: Section 8: Prejudice Beta Signups Oct 20, 2010, 11:06 Wolfox

I was interested, but knowing that it will use GFWL just killed my interest altogether.  

News Comments > On the GOG.com Hoax
11. Re: On the GOG.com Hoax Sep 22, 2010, 23:09 Wolfox

Now you're nitpicking. It's clearly obvious that those videos were intended for tomorrow (as the site opens), rather than today.  

News Comments > Serious Sam HD Gold Edition on Thursday a Steam/GOG.com Clue?
6. Re: Serious Sam HD Gold Edition on Thursday a Steam/GOG.com Clue? Sep 21, 2010, 11:03 Wolfox

Actually, check GOG.com. They posted a video on Youtube. People analized some of the "flashes" by the end of the video, and there's stuff that was not on GOG when it closed - Baldur's Gate being the dead giveaway, and something called "GOGMix".

In short - it seems it's a publicity stunt after all, and Wednesday/Thursday will see the site going out of Beta.

News Comments > GOG.com Statement Expected Wednesday
7. Re: GOG.com Statement Expected Wednesday Sep 20, 2010, 18:09 Wolfox

Anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering, suffering leads to the dark side...

Now the latest rumor says that GOG.com was bought by Steam... I do hope not, as that's probably the direct opposite of what GOG.com was.

565 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo