Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Roberto

Real Name Roberto   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wolfox
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Gamer and master geek. I love games, computers, music, 3D, etc.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 13, 2003, 17:16
Total Comments 507 (Apprentice)
User ID 16448

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Jun 10, 2012, 19:05 Wolfox

Albion Prelude is pretty good, I thought, as long as your favorite part of the game is the sandbox gameplay. If you prefer plots and so, Terran Conflict still is the best option.

Looking forward to Rebirth too, but the lack of updates is disheartening. I hope we have more news soon enough.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour Announced
3. Re: Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour Announced Jun 6, 2012, 15:29 Wolfox

Doma wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 14:35:
wait, whats wrong with HoI 3?

Nothing. Just look at the first commenter's username and you'll understand what's wrong.

News Comments > LEGO: The Lord of the Rings Announced
4. Re: LEGO: The Lord of the Rings Announced Jun 2, 2012, 12:47 Wolfox

I heard it includes a character named Legolas. How convenient.  

News Comments > Crusader Kings II DLC & Patch Next Month
7. Re: nothing is true May 30, 2012, 16:23 Wolfox

space captain wrote on May 30, 2012, 15:22:
everything is permitted

Nothing is true

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes
40. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 15:49 Wolfox

Alamar wrote on May 24, 2012, 15:30:
I was going to make a point about how GW does things, but passed on it... But since you mention it...

GW has content 'patches' very often... sometimes multiple times a day... It definitely works well for the way they have things organized, and I don't think players complain 'too much' about the multiple restarts required at times...

However, this is an early design type of thing... So late in the development stage, it's a pain to fix, and we're very long past that stage... Blizzard could change it; they've made early design style changes in the past, but from a cost-benefit rating, I'd say it's pretty damn low.

My point is exactly that - if ArenaNet is able to do it, then it's technically possible/viable, and if Blizzard doesn't do the same, it's because they chose not to. And while the current design may make it difficult to fix, I don't think cost-benefit is that much of an issue for a company that sold 6.5 million copies of Diablo 3 (priced at $60 at launch almost everywhere) in the first two weeks of release.

In fact, I'd argue that the "always online" requirement makes that kind of fix easier than harder, but that's beyond the point. The thing is that that kind of thing is sloppy fixing (and arguably design), and shows a notable lack of care for the customer. That's troubling to say the least.

News Comments > Darksiders II Trailer
10. Re: Darksiders II Trailer May 24, 2012, 15:26 Wolfox

Cutter wrote on May 18, 2012, 14:01:
Wolfox wrote on May 18, 2012, 10:14:
Like a boss!

Like a virgin!

You always sounded like a Madonna fan to me, so that comment makes sense. Sort of. I guess.

38. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 15:22 Wolfox

Stolk wrote on May 24, 2012, 14:57:
Lots of complaints specifically regarding tool-tips not being changed yet. I continue to be surprised by things I see around the internet.

That's a big deal. First, because it's confusing. Second, because if ArenaNet updates tooltips every time a skill changes, then Blizzard should be able to do the same.

37. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 15:20 Wolfox

Raven wrote on May 24, 2012, 14:45:
Red wrote on May 24, 2012, 14:41:
blue wrote:
Blizzard's MMORPG sequel
Diablo 3 is an ARPG, not an MMO. There is no persisted world. The most players that can play together at once is 4.

I think that Blue is using the other definition: "Money Made Off Really Pissed Gamers".

+ 1 for you, Raven. That was gold.

News Comments > Diablo III Hacking?
42. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 21, 2012, 13:52 Wolfox

Other websites, like Eurogamer and Examiner.com, are reporting similar issues.

So, it looks like a real issue for me, not something that happened only to "shady" people. Comments?

News Comments > Darksiders II Trailer
1. Re: Darksiders II Trailer May 18, 2012, 10:14 Wolfox

Like a boss!  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
103. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 15:23 Wolfox

MacLeod wrote on May 15, 2012, 15:03:
What I'm more curious about is the screenshots... apparently Diablo went on a diet or something for the past 20 years. His limbs are very thin and such, almost looks like a female demon.

I've heard people giving explanations for that, and it's WAY into spoiler territory. Not sure if any of it is true, though, as I was actively trying to avoid spoilers at the time, but still.

News Comments > Free Radical on LucasArts and Battlefront III
21. Re: Free Radical on LucasArts and Battlefront III<br> A <a href= May 6, 2012, 00:14 Wolfox

TurdFergasun wrote on May 5, 2012, 16:57:
hari seldon would know what to do, but i'm sure nobody would listen if he existed in our timespace.

The guy mentions Hari Seldon (from Asimov's "Foundation" series) and no one notices? What has this world come to?

Well done, sir, well done.

News Comments > The May Hurray Bundle
7. Re: The May Hurray Bundle May 4, 2012, 10:24 Wolfox

Cutter wrote on May 4, 2012, 03:12:
I bought it for Weird Worlds.

Same here.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Patched
30. Re: Legend of Grimrock Patched Apr 20, 2012, 17:44 Wolfox

Dev wrote on Apr 20, 2012, 17:36:
If they do an editor and release more dungeons, that should help with that Since its successful I'm sure they will, they already have the functionality in place to have different dungeons.

They already confirmed they're working on a level editor:

http://www.grimrock.net/2012/04/05/review-impressions-and-map-editor-news/

29. Re: Legend of Grimrock Patched Apr 20, 2012, 17:39 Wolfox

nin wrote on Apr 20, 2012, 09:30:
invert horizontal mouse option

Ok, I gotta ask. And this is coming from someone who always reverses mouselook (aka vert)...

Some people think like camera operators using old film cameras. Think about it.

27. Re: Legend of Grimrock Patched Apr 20, 2012, 17:34 Wolfox

deqer wrote on Apr 20, 2012, 16:09:
Looks like a company gettin' shit done. Unlike EA, or Blizzard which can take 6-12 months, or 5 years to implement suggestions/improvements/fixes.

I guess this game was either programmed very well, or the programmers are being honest about their time.

I think it was generally programmed well (despite obvious oversights like forgetting to limit framerates on "light" gamestates like menus and the like), and I think the programmers are quite honest indeed about their time (just check their dev blog), but I'd say the most important factor would be the complexity of the code itself, which, in this case, should be relatively low. It's a very simple game/engine, which helps a lot in debugging and bug fixing.

News Comments > Crusader Kings II Patch
10. Re: Crusader Kings II Patch Apr 19, 2012, 13:20 Wolfox

Quboid wrote on Apr 19, 2012, 08:57:
Wolfox wrote on Apr 19, 2012, 00:47:
Quboid wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 21:01:
I assassinated my 6 year old son because he was an imbecile. I'm not proud, but I don't regret my actions. I still don't know why it had about a 35% success rate, how hard could it be?

You know the saying... "the apple does not fall far from the tree"

Did you just call me an imbecile? Well played, sir.

I mean the kid's father in the game (or his spymaster). I thought you were talking about the game???

News Comments > Crusader Kings II Patch
6. Re: Crusader Kings II Patch Apr 19, 2012, 00:47 Wolfox

Quboid wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 21:01:
I assassinated my 6 year old son because he was an imbecile. I'm not proud, but I don't regret my actions. I still don't know why it had about a 35% success rate, how hard could it be?

You know the saying... "the apple does not fall far from the tree"

News Comments > Darksiders II Delayed
4. Re: Darksiders II Delayed Apr 19, 2012, 00:45 Wolfox

Wildone wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 22:55:
oh no thats it, they are all gonna get fired as soon as it ships, publisher blames swamp gas & piracy as cause to re-adjust bizz strategy.

You forgot to mention other causes like the used games market and butterflies flapping their wings somewhere in New Zealand.

News Comments > Retailer Leaks Dead Space 3 and NFS: Most Wanted 2 Hints
18. Re: Retailer Leaks Dead Space 3 and NFS: Most Wanted 2 Hints Apr 18, 2012, 14:29 Wolfox

Verno wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 12:32:
Dmitri_M wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 12:22:
Here's hoping it isn't "Dead Space in New York" or any setting on Earth.

Take this back to a spaceship like the first, Event Horizon style.

Waiting anxiously for the marketing shots that feature Isaac with a bow

Verno, you just won a whole Internet. And you owe me a new keyboard.

Dmitri... please, don't ever mention Event Horizon again. Please.

507 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo