Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Roberto

Real Name Roberto   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wolfox
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Gamer and master geek. I love games, computers, music, 3D, etc.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 13, 2003, 17:16
Total Comments 533 (Apprentice)
User ID 16448

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Lace Mamba Global Responds to Complaints
4. Re: Lace Mamba Global Responds to Complaints Feb 12, 2013, 15:00 Wolfox

Lace Mamba is probably the codename for Beatrix Kiddo's 4-year-old daughter. Right? Right?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Age of Wonders 3 Revealed
3. Re: Age of Wonders 3 Revealed Feb 6, 2013, 22:21 Wolfox

Very, very good news. With this, Eador, and perhaps Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes, this year might be a very good year for fantasy 4X games.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2013, 09:45 Wolfox

Who was he stalking? The voice of Lucy?  

News Comments > LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Announced
1. Re: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Announced Jan 8, 2013, 14:07 Wolfox

Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes was pretty good, so I'm really looking forward to this.  

News Comments > Gas Powered Countdown
3. Re: Gas Powered Countdown Dec 19, 2012, 11:34 Wolfox

Why doesn't GPG ever mention Demigod in those "from the makers of..." lists, I wonder?

News Comments > Evochron Mercenary Expands
8. Re: Evochron Mercenary Expands Dec 13, 2012, 18:42 Wolfox

Suppa7 wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 15:46:
It's too bad the guy behind evo has no fucking clue how to make a fun space combat game. It's basically flight simulator in space for the retarded half of humanity. More proof that trying to be realistic leads to shitty unfun games. No wonder he did it himself.

I`m curious. Can you give examples of space combat games you consider "fun"?

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Announced
15. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Announced Dec 12, 2012, 12:16 Wolfox

Dmitri_M wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 06:46:
Bored of WW2. Wish someone would create a highend 1950s to 1970s era flightsim. Rickety, dangerous fighter planes.

It's probably not "high-end", but the Strike Fighters 2 series is pretty good, and it covers from the 50s to the late 80s. Check it out, if you haven't yet.

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Announced
5. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Announced Dec 11, 2012, 11:43 Wolfox

Cliffs of Dover may be a train wreck, but Rise of Flight is awesome. If 777 Studios will be developing this, then it's definitely worth keeping an eye on it.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Patched
8. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 2, 2012, 12:07 Wolfox

Axis wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 11:28:
How many of you Bluesies are still actively engaged with GW2?

I'm still playing regularly, and I have no plans to stop in the foreseeable future.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Sep 25, 2012, 11:49 Wolfox

Axis wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 10:47:
Dark souls review spot on.

For me, it's not spot on at all. "Ugly visuals"? "Lack of tone and context"? I couldn't disagree more. I think the guy just doesn't "get" the game, which I'm fine with, but it isn't any sort of "absolute truth" or anything.

For me (and for a lot of people), Dark Souls is one of the best games of this generation. For me, it has great visuals, and its subtle storytelling is a breath of fresh air. For me, it has the best combat of any RPG I've ever played, and many brilliant gameplay mechanics that make sense within the game. For me, Dark Souls is much more than the sum of its parts; for me, it's a masterpiece.

Not for everyone, though, apparently. And that's fine.

News Comments > Morning Previews
4. Re: Morning Previews Sep 24, 2012, 11:24 Wolfox

The demo is out, it seems.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
9. Re: Game Reviews Sep 10, 2012, 15:42 Wolfox

PHJF wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 14:22:
I much prefer TotalBiscuit... the angry guy is just trying too hard.

That's exactly how I feel. i just can't bring myself to like Angry Joe, despite enjoying both Totalbiscuit and Yahtzee.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Launches
87. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launches Aug 29, 2012, 10:47 Wolfox

Verno wrote on Aug 29, 2012, 09:21:
I have to admit I don't get Engineers at all. Stationary pets seems like a dumb idea and they so much utility/support that it borders on insane. Anyone here have one and can shed some light on how they play? I did see one dude using a flamethrower and that looked pretty boss though!

Engineers are the most versatile class of GW2, in my opinion. It's my favorite class so far (with Mesmer as a close second). Engineers can excel in support, condition damage (through pistols mostly), control (grenades, mines), defense (turrets)... it's a very flexible class, and I'm loving it.

As an example, in PvE, I've been using the rifle (it's a good weapon for control, with average damage output) and relying on the flamethrower (which has great AoE, short-ranged damage and control abilities) and mines (damage, control). I can face single enemies a few levels higher than mine with ease, and small mobs are very doable if you use the flamethrower well. It's very fun.

If you want, add me (Wolfox) in your contacts, and who know... we might get to play together sometime.

On a sidenote, I played WvWvW for the first time yesterday (using my engineer, as above, just changing mines for the elixir that gives you multiple boons) and it was a blast. Most fun I've had in quite a while.

PC Gaming > Guild Wars 2 Guild
15. No subject Aug 24, 2012, 15:22 Wolfox

I'll be in Sanctum of Rall, with the Gaiscioch guild, but since you can be a member of more than one guild in GW2, I'd like to also be a member of the Blue's Guild ;-)

Oh yeah, look for "Watchman Lee" or "Angela Bennett" in game. Not sure what my main will be, but I'll definitely create those characters... so you can use them to add me to your contacts list.

See you all there later today!

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition
43. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition Aug 24, 2012, 15:14 Wolfox

Verno wrote on Aug 24, 2012, 12:23:
Happens to everyone (even Jay Wilson!), I'm sure he appreciates it

I don't know who Jay Wilson is, but thank you for the kind words before, Verno. I really appreciate that.

See you in Guild Wars 2, I suppose?

42. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition Aug 24, 2012, 15:12 Wolfox

ASeven wrote on Aug 24, 2012, 12:04:
I do apologize. Cranky day for me, too much bullshit going on on the markets and clients hounding me.

I figured it might be something like that... I hope things get better soon enough. And thank you for coming back here to tell me that, I really appreciate it.

36. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition Aug 24, 2012, 11:02 Wolfox

ASeven wrote on Aug 24, 2012, 10:43:
Yeap. Some people lose all their spine, if they had one to begin with, just to play a shiny. Disgraceful.

Michael, I like you and your comments. It saddens me, though, that you'd judge whether I have a spine or not without knowing me at all. I can see why you made that comment, and I can't say I fully disagree with you. I also believe in standing for the things you believe in... but I still resent the implication.

33. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition Aug 24, 2012, 10:49 Wolfox

wtf_man wrote on Aug 24, 2012, 10:36:
...as he licks the boots of the developers... "oh thank you! thank you! thank you! sirs!, may I have another?"

Hey, they brought one of my most wanted games ever to what is not only my platform of choice, but my only choice of platform (for a variety of reasons I won't bring up in this post), and they didn't even have to do that. But they did anyway, barebones port or not. If some bootlicking is in order, I'm fine with that.

I'm a gamer. I care about the games, not about the quality of their ports (as long as they're playable and at least as good as they were in their consoles of origin), not about the "politics" of console vs PC debates, not about anything else but the games. I just want to play the games I'm interested in, have fun with them, and make sure whoever made them gets money for their efforts. It's so simple; why complicate it?

29. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition Aug 24, 2012, 10:11 Wolfox

Bought it, installed it, played it. I'm playing Dark Souls on my PC. I'm more than satisfied.

Whether the port is "barebones" or no, I can finally play the game (and it seems to run well). I'm happy with that, and glad I had the chance to buy the game and play it.

News Comments > Sacred Citadel Announced; Sacred 3 Next Year
10. Re: Sacred Citadel Announced; Sacred 3 Next Year Aug 7, 2012, 16:37 Wolfox

BurntSoul wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 15:45:
Since you threw a side note that Sacred 3 will be out next year however, where's my reveal trailer for Sacred 3?

It's VERY likely that something like that will be released during Gamescon, in about 2 weeks or so. Deep Silver had said that it would show a new, unannounced game there before today's announcement, so they were probably talking about Sacred 3. We'll see.

533 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo