Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Roberto

Real Name Roberto   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wolfox
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Gamer and master geek. I love games, computers, music, 3D, etc.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 13, 2003, 17:16
Total Comments 529 (Apprentice)
User ID 16448

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All
4. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 23, 2014, 18:14 Wolfox

Kythlyn wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 17:57:
This is EA... right?

EA does this occasionally. It could be a random act of kindness, or part of a master evil plan, or just a random thing designed to keep us confused and second-guessing everything.

I guess we'll never know. But at least we get to play The Sims 2 for free.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Jul 23, 2014, 18:08 Wolfox

Oh my. Talk about linkbait trolling. That was embarassing.

Also, VG247 is now in my blacklist. Next!

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Jul 17, 2014, 23:00 Wolfox

Shineyguy wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 16:51:
Is Dynasty Warriors worth it? Always enjoyed playing it on my PS2.

I'm loving it. I payed full price for it and it was worth every cent.

News Comments > X: Rebirth Goes 64-Bit
10. Re: X: Rebirth Goes 64-Bit Jun 28, 2014, 16:30 Wolfox

Prez wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 15:41:
It's kind of like having an ugly baby. It's beautiful to you 'cause it's yours but everyone else is like "EGADS that is one ugly baby!"

And now I want to watch that Seinfeld episode ("The Hamptons") again. Thanks.

News Comments > Line Of Defense $99 Early Access
62. Re: Line Of Defense $99 Early Access Jun 17, 2014, 15:40 Wolfox

jdreyer wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 15:14:
How is it these days? Can you get stuff on GoG, Humble, Steam, etc?

It's great these days. I can get stuff on all of those, sometimes cheaper than US prices. Very few games are unavailable here, even if quite a few are region-locked on Steam.

That said, back then, digital distribution was at its infancy, and virtually non-existent around here, and retail distribution here was very limited and often overpriced. Some games took over an year to get released here, some never got released. Those were dark times, but they're definitely long past now.

55. Re: Line Of Defense $99 Early Access Jun 17, 2014, 11:13 Wolfox

Cpmartins wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 08:33:
3KAD was the second game I've ever bought in my life (living in Brazil is no cheap thing I tell you).

Heh. I'm in Brazil as well, and I got the game imported back then. Not the second game I bought (that would be Rise of the Robots, which was another major disappointment), but it was definitely not easy and not cheap. :-)

25. Re: Line Of Defense $99 Early Access Jun 16, 2014, 19:19 Wolfox

anime is great! wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 19:11:
Devil's Advocate: I truly think that DS has a good game inside of him. He just needs help to realize it. It's kind of like George Lucas, if you've read up on it, he had terrible ideas planned for Star Wars that were all tempered by a good crew. Not so much tempering in the prequels, though. Mr. Smart just needs the right team to help him put together his sci-fi dream.

Oh, I definitely agree. I loved the general concept behind Battlecruiser 3000 AD, back when I had it imported on launch, eager to help test it and fix the botched release as reported my Dr. Smart. I loved what he was trying to do.

In a better world, he would have succeeded in realizing his vision, and no one would long for Star Citizen or Elite Dangerous or Limit Theory or Enemy Starfighter or No Man's Sky or anything else. But, sadly for Dr. Smart, this is not that world.

19. Re: Line Of Defense $99 Early Access Jun 16, 2014, 18:59 Wolfox

bigspender wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 18:57:
you've done it now boy!

Yeah, that was kind of the joke, you know.

16. Re: Line Of Defense $99 Early Access Jun 16, 2014, 18:55 Wolfox

That's Derek Smart being Derek Smart. Nothing to see here.

P.S.: The update has some words in caps. Taking out the proper names (like GALCOM) and acronyms, this is what you get:

LOT
SMALL
MASSIVE
NO

I wonder what that means.

P.S. 2: Wow, I just noticed I almost said Derek Smart three times! That was close, I supp... oh.

News Comments > GamersGate Summer Sale
2. Re: GamersGate Summer Sale Jun 12, 2014, 19:45 Wolfox

Cutter wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 19:16:
Do they still use that stupid blue coin system and not take CCs?

They use the BC system (which is not stupid) and they've always accepted CCs, at least in my experience. What are you talking about?

News Comments > Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity
36. Re: Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity Jun 11, 2014, 14:52 Wolfox

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 12:12:
Do you like having sex with women? That in and of itself means nothing, but combined with wanting to roleplay a woman is pretty good indicator that you're a lesbian trapped in a man's body. I hear they've come pretty far with gender re-assignment surgery these days. Maybe you should look into it.

I really hope you're being sarcastic, because otherwise, wow.

News Comments > Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity
18. Re: Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity Jun 11, 2014, 11:22 Wolfox

shinchan0s wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 10:59:
Any guy who's that insistent on playing females secretly wants to become one. There's nothing else to it.

So that means I'm a lesbian? I should go tell my wife. After all, with all the assuredness you're displaying, you must have unassailable data to prove that conjecture. I never felt like I ever wanted to become a female, but you can't be wrong, right?

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Mini-Delay
5. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Mini-Delay Jun 6, 2014, 11:28 Wolfox

Creston wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 11:07:
I'll admit I haven't really kept track of this one. Is it like that dragonknight divinity game, where you can change into a dragon, and it's sorta Skyrim-lite, or is it like that Diablo / ARPG game they made?

It's a mix of many things. It plays very similar to the good Bioware RPGs of old (Baldur's Gate), has turn-based combat that is quite unique (and awesome), and the level of interactivity of games like the original Divine Divinity or Ultima 7. In fact, I think what Larian was aiming for was something closer to Ultima 7 than anything else.

Also, it will have an editor that can be used to create mods and campaigns, much like Neverwinter Nights did, I suppose. The editor we don't get to see until release, so I'm not sure about how powerful it is, but it is reportedly the same one they're using to make the main game.

On top of all that, it has some unique features, mostly in the way decisions are handled in the game, and the way it handles coop.

But I'll say this - I haven't played much yet, but I love what I'm seeing. This might well become the new standard in true, deep RPG games for this generation.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Delayed; Batmobile Trailer
8. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Delayed; Batmobile Trailer Jun 3, 2014, 14:34 Wolfox

TangledThorns wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 12:59:
2015 is gonna be a bad year for WB properties.

Why are you saying that?

News Comments > Kerberos' Kaiju A Gogo Teaser
7. Re: Kerberos' Kaiju A Gogo Teaser May 12, 2014, 17:01 Wolfox

castewar wrote on May 12, 2014, 15:20:
The Kickstarter site is live - the KS video describes is as being like Evil Xcom, where you're attacking cities around the world with monsters, instead of protecting them from aliens. So, you're weren't too far off. More info on the KS site.

You're the castewar from Kerberos forums, are you not?

News Comments > Darksiders "Not Dead"
7. Re: Darksiders May 12, 2014, 11:11 Wolfox

BitWraith wrote on May 12, 2014, 10:18:
Wolfox wrote on May 12, 2014, 09:59:
I hope they patch the issues still present in Darksiders 2. Still glad to hear the series is not dead.

Yeah I still have some stuttering and lag issues on PC - and my computer is well capable of playing this game.

It's even worse with the DLC - problems with savefiles may crash the game when loading savegames with DLC content. Not sure if there's an unofficial fix somewhere.

News Comments > Darksiders "Not Dead"
3. Re: Darksiders May 12, 2014, 09:59 Wolfox

I hope they patch the issues still present in Darksiders 2. Still glad to hear the series is not dead.  

News Comments > Transistor Preorders, Specs, & Soundtrack
13. Re: Transistor Preorders, Specs, & Soundtrack May 8, 2014, 00:30 Wolfox

Snabel wrote on May 7, 2014, 16:52:
What about the music? The music and the voices of Bastion was a big draw for me. Has anything said/experiences regarding what it will be like in Transistor?

Music was composed and performed by the same team from Bastion, that is, Darren Korb and Ashley Barrett. So it should be pretty good. As for the voices, Logan Cunningham is also back - he was the voice of Rucks (the narrator) in Bastion, and this time he's the voice for the Transistor itself.

Other than that, there's not a lot of information yet. It's known that music will be somewhat dynamic, reacting to the action in the screen, and there seems to be a lot of Transistor dialog. But that's pretty much all I know at this point.

Regardless, I've pre-ordered the game, so I should give my first impressions as soon as it becomes available, in case you prefer to wait.

News Comments > Bound by Flame Launch Trailer
11. Re: Bound by Flame Launch Trailer May 5, 2014, 18:03 Wolfox

jdreyer wrote on May 5, 2014, 17:31:
Mars War Logs looked interesting, but reviews were pretty lukewarm.

I personally really, really liked it, more than I thought I would. I thought the combat was tactical enough and very entertaining, and pretty well balanced. By balanced I mean it's always challenging, until the very end - and the final fight is really good - but you can feel your character becoming more powerful, which is a tricky thing to get right, but Mars: War Logs gets it mostly right. Story was mostly ok, but with some nice twists and turns. Dialog was really uneven - mostly ok, sometimes terrible, never brilliant. Voice acting was much the same - mostly ok, sometimes terrible, overall passable. The graphics were good, though the animations were a bit clunky.

But still... I really liked the game. I don't know, it just grew on me. I can see there's talent there, somewhat hindered by a lack of budget or experience, but it's there, and they managed to create a pretty entertaining game, flawed as it is, at least for me. So I'm looking forward to Bound By Flame - the question for me is not whether I will buy and play the game or not, because I will, but whether I'll do it on release, or when it goes on sale.

News Comments > Bound by Flame Launch Trailer
9. Re: Bound by Flame Launch Trailer May 5, 2014, 15:50 Wolfox

I really liked Spider's previous game, Mars: War Logs. It's uneven and flawed, but I found it to be fun and even surprising at times. I can definitely see a lot of potential.

Now, I don't know if Bound By Flame is the game that realizes that potential, even if I hope so. At a $20 price point, I'd have pre-ordered this game the moment it was made available, but in the $30-40 range, I'm still a bit on the fence.

529 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo