Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Roberto

Real Name Roberto   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wolfox
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Gamer and master geek. I love games, computers, music, 3D, etc.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 13, 2003, 17:16
Total Comments 545 (Apprentice)
User ID 16448

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads
8. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads Nov 14, 2014, 21:12 Wolfox

Preloading now. Please be awesome. Please be awesome.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham Nov 11, 2014, 20:49 Wolfox

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 20:17:
So far it's pretty meh. Controllers have to be mapped unlike ALL previous Lego games.

Sorta disappointed after how awesome Lego Marvel and Lego The Movie were.

I just played a bit and it never asked for mapping or anything. It simply recognized my wired X360 controller and worked out of the box, just like Star Wars 3 and Marvel Heroes (I skipped Lego The Movie).

I've heard it has indeed problems recognizing controllers, though, so you're definitely not the only one.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions
20. Re: Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions Nov 7, 2014, 08:40 Wolfox

Cutter wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 17:44:
"No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet."

Well done, sir. Well done.

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Nov 6, 2014, 20:45 Wolfox

Say what you want, but anything would be better than "The Gungan Jedi Master".

Or who knows, that might be the subtitle for Episode IX. Less likely than under George Lucas, but still not too unlikely.

News Comments > The Witcher III Free DLC Plans
10. Re: The Witcher III Free DLC Plans Nov 6, 2014, 14:51 Wolfox

DangerDog wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 14:29:
I wonder what's up with their Cyberpunk game.

It was in pre-production last year. Realistically, I think we're talking about a release in 2016, perhaps even 2017. We'll see.

News Comments > etc.
49. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2014, 15:57 Wolfox

jdreyer wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 15:11:
Why is no one talking about video games and sleep apnea?

It's not really controversial, is it?

In other times, we would. And probably mocking someone in the process. I miss those times.

News Comments > PC Valkyria Chronicles Plans?
8. Re: PC Valkyria Chronicles Plans? Oct 28, 2014, 09:30 Wolfox

KTR wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 20:33:
Confirmed by Sega on Twitter.

Yup. Here it is.

News Comments > etc.
18. Re: etc. Oct 26, 2014, 19:05 Wolfox

Squirmer wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 18:24:
Trouble with TB's blog post is that he seems to think the harassment is a result of gamers made angry by ethical breaches, and so addressing the ethics issue will stop the harassment.

That ignores the torrent of abuse Sarkeesian, for instance, has received for a long time. She received a bomb threat earlier this year, way before Gamergate started (and note that she didn't reveal it, which puts a lie to claims that she exploits controversy for free press).

This situation is way beyond some kind of justifiable outrage about ethics. It's absurd to claim that's all this is.

I would think that his view is that that kind of abuse has always been around, and that it is a reflection of people in gaming being part of an overall society that has the same issues. We all know how toxic MP gaming has been for many years, not to speak of online forums and all. We all know how many problems society has with inclusiveness and tolerance and whatnot. And he's fully aware that ending gamergate will not end that at all.

Again trying to understand his thought process, I think that he considers that addressing the ethics issue will instead force gamergate to find a new motto. It won't be able to, and it will die out. The harassers and trolls will still be around, and they'll do what they've always done, but they'll no longer have the protection of an excuse - "it's about ethics in game journalism" - nor a group or ideology to hide behind.

Now, I think he's being a bit too optimistic, but I still think it's a more noble position than declaring war and reinforcing conflict. At least he's trying to talk. It may not work, but it's worth trying when so many have given up.

News Comments > etc.
16. Re: etc. Oct 26, 2014, 17:28 Wolfox

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 14:12:
ASeven wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 12:25:
TotalBiscuit writes a very eloquent blog post on GG.
You know what's funny about this, is that TB was very neutral when this all started. Right up until the anti-gg side decided to attack him for being so.

After reading it, I'd say he's still very much neutral. He's one of the very few voices asking for (and trying to establish) dialog instead of reinforcing one-sided agression and harassment from one of the sides (or both).

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
8. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer Oct 25, 2014, 00:14 Wolfox

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 22:51:
Have they translated more of the books? I bought two Polish to English translated Witcher novels like 8-10 years ago, that was all that was available at the time. They were great in my opinion, and definitely a different portrayal of Gerault, particularly compared to Witcher 1.

I don't know. I read the first one (The Last Wish) in English, but then it came out in Portuguese (I'm in Brazil), and I read it again (the Brazilian translation is excellent). Since then, three more books have been translated/released here: Sword of Destiny, Blood of Elves, and Time of Contempt. Reading those should be enough to appreciate most of the references, I'd say.

As far as I know, all of those have English versions available, with the exception of Sword of Destiny. But there are fan translations around that should be good enough. And I can't understand why there isn't an official English release of that book, since it's a pretty important one - it's the one that lays out many aspects of the relationship between Geralt and Yennefer.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
4. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer Oct 24, 2014, 21:57 Wolfox

Funny thing is that this intro has a lot less action than the ones for Witcher 1 and 2, but fans of the books will be PUMPED. Like most of the CGI trailers for Witcher 3 so far, there are LOTS of nods to the books that people who only played the games won't get. Which is one great reason to read the books.

February can't come soon enough.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Released
25. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Released Oct 24, 2014, 15:17 Wolfox

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 14:53:
I was so hyped about Rebirth and then you mocked me (well, I deserved that) ;)

Have you picked the free DLC for Rebirth? It won't be free for much longer.

And who knows, Rebirth might be a great game one day. Weirdest things have happened.

And yeah, I also pre-ordered Rebirth, and tried to convince myself it was great for 30 hours or so. I will keep trying it again every once in a while, when major patches come out, or when I have a new video card or something. I still have some small bit of hope.

News Comments > Stardock Fantasy Game Announcement Today
8. Re: Stardock Fantasy Game Announcement Today Oct 2, 2014, 16:50 Wolfox

Legendary Heroes was pretty good, actually. It restored some of my faith in Stardock, but not enough to make me preorder anything from them ever again.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIII for PC Announced
32. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIII for PC Announced Sep 20, 2014, 22:34 Wolfox

Fantaz wrote on Sep 20, 2014, 18:14:
if this does well then maybe a trend will follow and we might see 13-2 and 15 on PC at a later point in time as well.

XIII-2 and Lightning Returns have been confirmed already. They'll release all three games until mid-2015, reportedly.

I don't think 15 is confirmed, but I'd say it's very likely, specially if 13 sells well.

News Comments > Endless Legend Next Week
10. Re: Endless Legend Next Week Sep 10, 2014, 21:41 Wolfox

Flatline wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 18:18:
I quit endless space when it became obvious how badly the AI has to cheat to put up any resistance at all. At one point I had conquered half the galaxy, was putting out gargantuan fleets of utter doom, and the AI, who had like 4 planets, was matching and stalling my fleets.

At that point I kind of quit.

Yeah, my experience too. Not to mention the pirates. Argh.

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
26. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 10:22 Wolfox

Microsoft did their homework this time.

https://twitter.com/notch/status/281139739304800256

For those who won't click the link - it's a Dec 18 2012 tweet by Notch saying "Anyway, my price is two billion dollars. Give me two billion dollars, and I'll endorse your crap."

News Comments > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All
4. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 23, 2014, 18:14 Wolfox

Kythlyn wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 17:57:
This is EA... right?

EA does this occasionally. It could be a random act of kindness, or part of a master evil plan, or just a random thing designed to keep us confused and second-guessing everything.

I guess we'll never know. But at least we get to play The Sims 2 for free.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Jul 23, 2014, 18:08 Wolfox

Oh my. Talk about linkbait trolling. That was embarassing.

Also, VG247 is now in my blacklist. Next!

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Jul 17, 2014, 23:00 Wolfox

Shineyguy wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 16:51:
Is Dynasty Warriors worth it? Always enjoyed playing it on my PS2.

I'm loving it. I payed full price for it and it was worth every cent.

News Comments > X: Rebirth Goes 64-Bit
10. Re: X: Rebirth Goes 64-Bit Jun 28, 2014, 16:30 Wolfox

Prez wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 15:41:
It's kind of like having an ugly baby. It's beautiful to you 'cause it's yours but everyone else is like "EGADS that is one ugly baby!"

And now I want to watch that Seinfeld episode ("The Hamptons") again. Thanks.

545 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo