Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for m00t

Real Name m00t   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description m00t
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 4, 2003, 23:52
Total Comments 414 (Amateur)
User ID 16358

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > Fable 2 "is Finished"
8. Re: No subject Jul 14, 2008, 17:17 m00t

Don't recall saying 'turn based' but by your standard, the first two Legend of Zelda games are RPGs instead of Adventure games. In fact, you could even say DooM was an RPG using your criteria, so maybe we should be a little more specific when defining our genres.
This comment was edited on Jul 14, 17:18.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fable 2 "is Finished"
3. Re: No subject Jul 14, 2008, 14:35 m00t

LOL. Molyneux said something, that alone should tell you it's bullshit.

When I saw "is Finished" I was hoping they had canned it.

Fable was not in any way an RPG. It was a typical hack and slash adventure game.

News Comments > Spore "Prototype" Released
13. Re: No subject Jul 14, 2008, 12:47 m00t

InBlack:
This is more about the space sim aspect of Spore. It's a prototype.

"What happens when we do... this! what does the system look like?"

It's a fun toy, it was probably made without any thought that it might ever be released.

I think it's cool that they're showing us some of the tools they used to put the game together. They don't have to, it's just a gift to people who are interested. Please don't try and turn everything in to a negative. Yeah, EA usually makes dumb moves, but they sometimes make smart ones, too (particularly Maxis when they get their way...)

News Comments > It Came from E3 2008, Part 5
2. Re: No subject Jul 14, 2008, 00:46 m00t

Eight Extremely Embarrassing E3 Moments...

Isn't that redundant at this point?

Just say "E3 Moments". Save us a few milliseconds reading what we already know.

--
Also, holy crap is bluesnews.com slow right now... took about 2 minutes to post the message.
This comment was edited on Jul 14, 00:46.

News Comments > New X-Plane Beta
8. Re: Played it last night Jul 9, 2008, 03:40 m00t

You know what junior? When YOU go out and get a pilot's licence, then we'll talk. In the mean time, actually LEARN something about what you're trying to school ME on sport. I think you'll find out in pretty short order who the fool is.

Come now, let's review:
Wildone:
still much to be desired, when the planes fly 'too' fast they wobble maniacally and I was in an F22 now isn't it built to go 600 Mph??! Terrain is still basic & the plane models looked about circa 2001'ish. For an 11 gig install I was expecting more?

You:
Umm. The reality is that if a planes flys too fast, it ACTUALLY begins to "wobble manacally", as shock waves begin to form over the control surfaces. It's likely you never even SEEN an airplane let alone ever flown one if your trying to take the piss out of X-Planes flight model. Back to Crimson Skies for you pal. You won't get an F22 to be stable at supersonic speeds down on the deck. Just ain't gonna happen.

Let's take this apart for a second.
F22 is the USAF's newest and most advanced (that we know of) fighter jet. We know it has a top speed in excess of Mach 1.75 (without after burners...)

At 500' > sea level Mach 1 is about 760mph.

We have video evidence of both an F14 and an F/A-18 going in excess of Mach 1 with no problems (well, the F14 DID explode, but that was less than related)

You seriously think the F22 is incapable of this?

Pulling out your "pilot's license" (I like how you can't even spell it) and talking like you know something when you clearly don't only makes you look like a complete tool.

Keep in mind that Mach 1 is relative to the speed of sound in the medium of travel, so Mach 1 at sea level is faster than Mach 1 higher up, HOWEVER, the stresses on the plane and the aerodynamic response at Mach1 at either altitude are almost the same.

In conclusion: their flight model leaves something to be desired. F22 'wobbling' at 600mph is a joke regardless of altitude so long as it's below the ceiling.

This comment was edited on Jul 9, 03:41.

News Comments > New X-Plane Beta
4. Re: Played it last night Jul 7, 2008, 11:49 m00t

Umm, if their F22 can't hit Mach 1 on the deck (or anywhere else for that matter), then yeah, their flight model leaves something to be desired.

News Comments > Blizzard on PC Gaming
21. Re: Vitals are dropping Jul 2, 2008, 22:40 m00t

"Exactly." Exactly what?

Things that came out on PC first by a large margin (or exclusive)
C&C3, Crysis, Red Alert (soon), Supreme Commander, Company of Heroes, DoW, Doom3, Half-life 2 (granted, valve), FEAR, Battlefield 2 and 2142, Age of Conan, Sims etc, World In Conflict...

Plus there are plenty of titles that are released on both at the same time such as Medal of Honor: Airborne.

Just to name some of the biggest titles. There's a lot of smaller ones out there (Sins of a solar empire to name one) that are just as good.

So I ask again, "Exactly." what?

News Comments > Limbo of the Lost Follow-up
8. Re: No subject Jun 25, 2008, 22:26 m00t

Additionally... most people who make games... play games... So I really doubt someone just randomly threw in art assets from such a variety of games and it just 'slipped by'. Seriously, not a single bit of original work except the snow that was very BADLY photoshopped on to the ground. The quality difference didn't tip them off there? eh?

Their whole story just REEKs of bullshit from start to finish.

They're complete liars and if only they had enough money to be worth suing to Oblivion. Pun intended.

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 22:27.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Top 10 FPS Ever Jun 11, 2008, 14:04 m00t

That list was terrible. The announcer was terrible.

No Deus Ex? They mention Bioshock, but not Deus Ex? And Doom did more for the genre in terms of expanding awareness than Wolf did.

And Goldeneye could be on the list, but #1? No thanks.

As for Halo Teabagging... Apparently he didn't play very much Counter strike AT ALL. Halo is an average game. The only reason it's popular is because there wasn't anything better on consoles at the time. But when you get down to brass tacks, it's nothing special*. On the PC, it's drowned out by many superior games (granted, the port was extremely poor and bloated, thanks gearbox).

And the guys presenting style was terrible. Get a new announcer who at least sounds genuine instead of someone who sounds like they're pretending to be excited while they read from a script.

* - Okay, for a console shooter, the controls were perfect and I've had trouble finding a game that did better.

News Comments > Spore System Requirements
9. Re: No subject Jun 11, 2008, 00:52 m00t

Vista is to XP what Win2k was to WinME and Win95 was to Win3.11.

I'd say more that Vista is to XP that WinME is to Win95.
They're similar in many ways, but vastly different in others, and the former SUCKED way more than the predecessor.

News Comments > Spore Video
6. Re: But is it a harbinger? May 27, 2008, 22:14 m00t

Fable 2. No one can top Peter M. when it comes to talking out your ass.

News Comments > Anti-Piracy Chip?
12. Re: No subject May 23, 2008, 21:15 m00t

Nothing is *uncrackable*.
It might be cost prohibitive to do so, but so far there is nothing that can be used but not cracked.

If you are selling a product that consumers can use then there is an avenue for it to be cracked, period, end of story. It's literally a matter of time.

News Comments > Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Trailer
10. Re: No subject May 19, 2008, 14:40 m00t

Red Alert always was cartoony, over-the-top, and heavily exaggerated. This is a little more so, but I don't think it's out of line with the previous games. I think most of it is the fact that one of the sides they were showing off was using purple as their side color. Largely I think it is in keeping with the franchise. I hope the gameplay holds up.

News Comments > BlizzCon 2008 Announced
20. Re: No subject May 13, 2008, 13:23 m00t

3 tix to Foo Fighters - $152
2 tix to NIN - $136

~57.6 per ticket average. So you could *almost* go to 2 concerts for $100. Not counting air-fare of course which probably is ~$200 - 400 round trip from anywhere far enough away to warrant flying. Oh then there's hotel...

As for me, I'll just watch all the interesting things on Youtube for free.

News Comments > BlizzCon 2008 Announced
8. No subject May 12, 2008, 13:23 m00t

E3 is dead as a consumer gaming show and largely dead as a media event. I say let it die. Last year was terrible.

This comment was edited on May 12, 13:24.

News Comments > EVE Online Client Source Leak
7. No subject Apr 15, 2008, 12:35 m00t

I haven't looked at the decompyled script but someone mentioned elsewhere that the client runs a telnet server while running. I wonder how much checking goes on to see if the incoming connections are from CCP...

Considering how lax CCP seems to be in terms of how much they care about their customers... I'd imagine not much.

News Comments > Alone in the Dark Demo Next Month
11. Re: No subject Apr 14, 2008, 19:48 m00t

I read somewhere that Atari is expecting this game to sell 2-3 million copies.

Um, good luck with that. The game may turn out great but unfortunately, quality != sales. Survival horror is a relatively niche genre, after all. Some may point out RE4 as a counter-example except that just reinforces my point. RE4 was action horror, not survival horror. It wasn't until the series really focused on action that it really gained mainstream appeal.

I hope Alone in the Dark does well but I highly doubt it'll do as well as Atari is expecting.

But it's based on the critically acclaimed movie by Uwe Boll. HOW COULD THEY POSSIBLY BE WRONG?!?!

----
And for those of you that just simply don't get it, that was sarcastic and intentionally inaccurate.

News Comments > WoW Bot Battle
28. Re: WoW Bot Mar 26, 2008, 14:00 m00t

if they just implemented a bot check/security feature like many of the free online downloading services,
What's interesting is that WoW China I believe does have a lot of features like this to make it more difficult for trojans to figure out what your password is and steal stuff from guild banks. I wonder why they don't do it in the US also.

25. Re: People always have, always will... Mar 26, 2008, 13:43 m00t

Over a 5 year period I netted about $40,000 from buying/selling online game items/accounts. I don't care if Blizzard doesn't approve, I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.

This I generally don't care about. The only reason it concerns me is that it is a motivator for people to develop trojans and hack peoples' computers/accounts. Once real money is involved, people will go to ever greater lengths to get some of it at the expense of innocent people.

Other than that, buy/sell/trade by all means.

21. Re: No subject Mar 26, 2008, 13:04 m00t

Well I think it's pretty cut and dry. It's a private game on private servers and you AGREE to their rules when playing the game.

I don't quite agree with Vivendi's way of approaching the guy, but they do run a business.

This just gives them carte blanche to ban people from the game. It isn't necessarily grounds for a legal victory, particularly with a Copyright slant to it.

414 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo