Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for osage no onna

Real Name osage no onna   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 4, 2003, 17:45
Total Comments 265 (Amateur)
User ID 16350

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Movie
7. Re: Texture limitations Jul 25, 2008, 09:42 osage no onna

It really does get a bit old that every building and cave is one of only two or three different models. There's nothing wrong with recycling art resources, but it would've been a more pleasant approach to recycle the building blocks instead of the whole model. Then again, they did at least make new layouts for both expansions, instead of just slapping new textures on the old ones.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Safety Dance
4. No subject Jul 5, 2008, 19:50 osage no onna

I rather like Gallagher, even though he tends to speak out of his arse a lot. In fact he's practically an expert on voicing his often uninformed opinion on a wide range of topics, so it's to be expected that he'd eventually get to games too.

He's pretty funny on the Russell Brand show, though. His Beatles cover band isn't bad, either.

News Comments > Wrath of the Lich King Beta Signups
7. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2008, 16:38 osage no onna

osage: Are you sure? Mine said "This account is not eligible to enter the Wrath of the Lich King Beta." I haven't played and subscribed (prepaid game cards) since 2/2006.

Hmm, that's weird. I let my subscription run out this spring but it said I've successfully opted in. I guess there's some "recently enough" time limit, then.

Still, considering the millions of people hitting that button my chance of getting in isn't a whole lot higher than yours. Think we need to go down to the tenth decimal to see any difference

EDIT: I always used a credit card to pay.
This comment was edited on Jul 3, 16:45.

News Comments > Wrath of the Lich King Beta Signups
3. No subject Jul 3, 2008, 16:08 osage no onna

For anyone interested, you'll be able to opt-in even if your subscription isn't active.

News Comments > etc.
2. No subject Jun 30, 2008, 11:55 osage no onna

Flagshipped.com, unsurprisingly, isn't as optimistic about this:

http://www.flagshipped.com/2008/06/29/h-bomb-has-been-successfully-dropped-on-japan

News Comments > Crytek - EU Thinks Shooters are Bad, Mmmkay?
9. No subject Jun 25, 2008, 11:09 osage no onna

Dear mr. Yerli,

Stereotypes betray a lack of cognitive capacity. It's a simple world for simple minds. There is no cohesive group that can be considered "European gamer" or "American gamer" that would somehow be defined by their geographic location rather than the million other things that make people what they are. It's no crime to be ignorant (luckily), but if you're in a position where the media is going to print your bullshit all over the place, you should really try to think about things a little before sharing your wisdom.

Kind regards,
ONO

News Comments > Portal 2 Details?
2. No subject Jun 10, 2008, 12:51 osage no onna

I can't say I pay too much attention to casting calls, but isn't it pretty unusual to even mention the title they'd be working on, let alone details of the plot? If this was actually from Valve I'd expect it to go more like "looking for a professional voice actor for an unannounced title; apply within" and little else.

I mean, there's nothing stopping me from subscribing to Breakdown Express and posting one of these myself, as far as I can tell.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2008, 09:17 osage no onna

I think the Hendrix statue thing is in incredibly bad taste

Pretty disgusting, yeah. So par for the course for marketers, really.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Achievements?
1. No subject Jun 9, 2008, 10:41 osage no onna

There simply aren't enough things to grind for in this game yet. I was already looking forward to all the wonderful new reputation grinds in WotLK, but looks like they're throwing in a free bonus!

News Comments > Gold - Alone in the Dark
4. No subject Jun 9, 2008, 10:18 osage no onna

I was rather looking forward to this until I saw the recent clip with zombies flying all over the place. I really hope that wasn't indicative of the actual game. I suppose action shooters are easy to sell, but based on the video I'd say they "ground-breakingly reinvented" the series a bit too much.

News Comments > Call of Duty 5 Details - Co-op Support
4. Re: O yea WWII..Again Jun 9, 2008, 10:10 osage no onna

WWII I think this setting is completely finished!

If you invest the time to read more than the first sentence, you will notice that the second one begins Word is the game will center around the Pacific theatre... I don't recall doing the Battle of Guadalcanal in anything except an RTS and maybe a flight sim. The Pacific theatre should feel pretty fresh in an FPS.

News Comments > TF2 Pyro Update Plans
22. Re: No subject Jun 8, 2008, 05:02 osage no onna

And some of the reward guns seem overpowered to me, the needle gun is actually already a rather nice weapon when used by someone who knows how to work it, particularly in narrow spaces, then they add guns that heal as you fire and uhh, something else I forget? Eh. The needle gun is already quite nice

You're neglecting to mention that the unlockable needle gun can't crit, so a lot of time the old one is a much better choice. You give up something to get something else, giving you more options in playing style. Seems pretty good to me.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Crystal Skulls, Weasel Words May 24, 2008, 05:14 osage no onna

A non story due to 'experts' not being sure and hedging their bets

To be fair, good scientists should never be totally sure about anything

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: Well, Conan may have lost me permane May 19, 2008, 17:17 osage no onna

if Funcom is going to screw me and other open beta folks like this, then they can f*ck off and die

That's a bit harsh. You canceled it out of your own volition, because you weren't willing to risk the game not being up to your standards. Other people had more faith. It's reasonable to be upset, but it's not reasonable to blame Funcom.

News Comments > Prince of Persia Title Follow-up
3. Re: No subject May 18, 2008, 07:12 osage no onna

I think that by Prince of Persia: Heir Apparent they must've just meant Prince of Persia: Sequel Apparent.

News Comments > Valve Hardware Survey
16. No subject May 16, 2008, 04:54 osage no onna

These always make me feel better about my machine. It's amazing what kind of hardware people can still get away with.

Anyway, are soundcards really such a niche item? Has the quality of integrated audio devices improved, or is it just that people don't notice/care about what they're hearing? Sensory discrimination! Only you can emancipate your ears!

My heart goes out to those hundreds of people with less than 10Gb total HDD space. I'm struggling with 500Gb.

News Comments > Still No Fallout 3 Demo
38. Re: No subject May 14, 2008, 18:46 osage no onna

Bethesda doesn't make CRPGs

Really? And here I was thinking they've been pioneering the genre since the early 90's. Have you even played anything by them except Oblivion? Or even Oblivion for that matter.

Here's a little on their philosophy, from the Daggerfall manual:

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk165/osagenoonna/dagger1.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk165/osagenoonna/dagger2.jpg

Seems to me like they have their principles straight.

Oblivion With Guns

That's really original, did you come up with it yourself?

News Comments > Still No Fallout 3 Demo
37. Re: No subject May 14, 2008, 18:18 osage no onna

If I remember correctly one of the Fallout games had a Demo, as well as Daggerfall.

You remember correctly. However, the Daggerfall demo was just the intro dungeon where you end up after your shipwreck, and really was rather pointless as far as representing the complete game goes. I suppose they could've made a demo for Oblivion that ends where you get out of the jail, but that wouldn't give a very good idea of the complete game. If they made one for FO3 it'd just be the birthday party in the vault.

News Comments > BlizzCon 2008 Announced
17. Re: Buy tickets May 12, 2008, 20:08 osage no onna

I've lvl'd 2 shamans, one enhancement, one elemental, to 70, and the class is pretty freaking powereful, so I'm wondering if this is just another jump on the bandwagon or...

Shamans are awesome while leveling up, but woeful at whatever the max level happens to be at the time. I'm guessing you mostly raid or BG with yours at 70, because that's pretty much all they're any good for.

I recommend enrolling your enhacement shammy into a 2v2 or 3v3 arena team and I rather think your opinion might change.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: goblin slayer May 7, 2008, 05:02 osage no onna

And it's not possible to have screenshots (also known as photos) of the boardgame?

Yes it is. Try downloading the zip and looking at the pictures before printing them.

It'd be pretty silly to take photos of pictures instead of just looking at the pictures, don't you think?

265 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo