Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for osage no onna

Real Name osage no onna   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 4, 2003, 17:45
Total Comments 262 (Amateur)
User ID 16350

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 20, 2008, 05:42 osage no onna

Isn't that the wrong way around? It's the zombies who climb fences, not the survivors. This offends my geek sensibilities  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WoW, Level 80!
19. Re: WoW, Level 80! Nov 14, 2008, 19:30 osage no onna

Get an award for being the first fucking loser to waste their life away on a video game to reach lvl 80.

go get a job and kiss a girl for once nerd!

Why should she kiss a girl? And she already has a job.

Nice try, though.

News Comments > Safety Dance
1. Re: Safety Dance Nov 1, 2008, 17:04 osage no onna

I love the Other games in the genre include: bit at the end. These people know their MMOs!

The rest of the article isn't exactly Pulitzer Prize-winning deep-probing journalism either. Shocking, I know.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Nov 1, 2008, 07:58 osage no onna

My mellified man was a huge success again.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Why is Xbox 360 Doing Well in Japan? Oct 21, 2008, 10:40 osage no onna

I'd like to know, too, but all I get is "Access Denied".

News Comments > Mythic on WoW's WAR "Imitation"
9. Re: Mythic on WoW's WAR Oct 21, 2008, 10:31 osage no onna

As was already pointed out, Blizzard has been talking about this stuff for a long time, so Mr. Jacobs is way off base here. Not to mention they already took tentative steps in that direction in the first expansion (Zangarmarsh/Bonewastes/Nagrand world PvP).

I have to say, as a beta tester, that Lake Wintergrasp (which is what the guy's talking about here) is a bit of a mess, but still.

He really should save his glee for when Blizz actually copies something from WAR (*cough*public quests*cough*)

News Comments > Blizzard Video Interviews
14. Re: Attributes Oct 15, 2008, 18:03 osage no onna

Uhm yeah. No assignable points? Blizzard is sure going in a GREAT direction here. Up next : a Blizzard operated store in WoW where you can buy gold and mounts with your credit card.

They're already effectively selling unique mounts and level 60 characters with their "recruit a friend" scheme That you have to sort of level them a little is just to obfuscate the fact.

Few people probably remember at this point that WoW used to have assignable stat points too, in the original beta. They removed them under the pretense that they didn't want people to assign them badly and thus gimp themselves, which in itself is a really pathetic reason, but of course the real reason was that they wanted to limit people's choices so that they'd have an easier time controlling the way people play, and would cut down on the amount of balancing they need to do. It's so much easier to create content when you know exactly how the players are going to approach it (since it's not like they have any options).

It'd be great to have some meaningful choices in a game, but I'm probably looking in the wrong place here. I'm sure I'll end up playing D3 either way :\

Unless they try to turn b.net into a subscription-based service. I half-expect something like that at this point.

News Comments > Diablo III Movies
6. Re: SshhH! Don't give them any ideas... Oct 11, 2008, 08:41 osage no onna

"We kind of have to"

Oh, I know, poor Blizzard, might have to file for chapter 7 any day now.

It's sort of standard procedure to fund one project with the proceeds from another, so that's a pretty sorry excuse.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Website, Videos
2. No subject Sep 19, 2008, 04:51 osage no onna

Channel 6 made me laugh. I'll reserve my judgment of the game until I actually play it, but they're definitely putting a lot of effort into setting the mood.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Charles Darwin Sep 15, 2008, 23:46 osage no onna

reason would dictate that it's adaptation and not evolution or intelligent design

That's a puzzling thing to say. What's your definition of evolution, pray?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Charles Darwin Sep 15, 2008, 07:15 osage no onna

Took them a while, but hurray for reason.

News Comments > Wrath of the Lich King November 13?
1. No subject Sep 15, 2008, 07:10 osage no onna

Isn't Wowhead owned by IGE? It would surprise me if Blizzard gave any scoops to a gold-selling company. Just hearsay.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky in NA Next Week
15. Re: Difficulty Sep 8, 2008, 17:42 osage no onna

Consoles are dumbed down for people, look at the audience and who's buying the consoles. Kids, minorities, people that never had a "computer".

I'm fairly certain you'd be a minority where I live. Does that mean I can be condescending at you? That word probably shouldn't be on your list

On topic: I've been looking forward to this game since it was announced, and the reviews have been a bit disheartening, but I'm still confident that I'll enjoy it. Much of it sounds like things that patches will fix, and much the rest can be modded out.

News Comments > Buffy MMOG Revealed, Firefly MMOG Delayed
3. No subject Sep 3, 2008, 09:55 osage no onna

They say that Whedon and Fox feel the Buffy property has more potential

Yeah, ten years ago. I'd be very surprised to learn that there are many people who still care about that old show - beyond simple nostalgia - whereas Firefly actually has some pretty dedicated fans.

News Comments > On Revamping WoW Graphics
10. Re: No subject Aug 23, 2008, 06:16 osage no onna

They've said before that when they update the graphics, it's not likely to be optional, apart from the effects side of things. They don't want to do all that work and have people go "That's nice, but I'll stick with the original, thanks" which is understandable.

News Comments > Metaverse
2. Re: Web Trolling Aug 2, 2008, 16:21 osage no onna

Actually, I still don't know what this 2girls1cup thing is, and I try very hard to keep it that way. Goatse was traumatizing enough, back in the day.

As such, I won't check any replies to this topic, as I'm sure someone will try and elucidate me on this affair

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Bity Boy Jul 26, 2008, 05:12 osage no onna

after biting a pitbull that attacked him as he played in his uncle's back yard

What they neglect to mention is that the game he was probably playing was "Pelt the Stray With Stones," but that'd depreciate the movie deal.

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Movie
7. Re: Texture limitations Jul 25, 2008, 09:42 osage no onna

It really does get a bit old that every building and cave is one of only two or three different models. There's nothing wrong with recycling art resources, but it would've been a more pleasant approach to recycle the building blocks instead of the whole model. Then again, they did at least make new layouts for both expansions, instead of just slapping new textures on the old ones.

News Comments > Safety Dance
4. No subject Jul 5, 2008, 19:50 osage no onna

I rather like Gallagher, even though he tends to speak out of his arse a lot. In fact he's practically an expert on voicing his often uninformed opinion on a wide range of topics, so it's to be expected that he'd eventually get to games too.

He's pretty funny on the Russell Brand show, though. His Beatles cover band isn't bad, either.

News Comments > Wrath of the Lich King Beta Signups
7. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2008, 16:38 osage no onna

osage: Are you sure? Mine said "This account is not eligible to enter the Wrath of the Lich King Beta." I haven't played and subscribed (prepaid game cards) since 2/2006.

Hmm, that's weird. I let my subscription run out this spring but it said I've successfully opted in. I guess there's some "recently enough" time limit, then.

Still, considering the millions of people hitting that button my chance of getting in isn't a whole lot higher than yours. Think we need to go down to the tenth decimal to see any difference

EDIT: I always used a credit card to pay.
This comment was edited on Jul 3, 16:45.

262 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo