Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for osage no onna

Real Name osage no onna   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 4, 2003, 17:45
Total Comments 262 (Amateur)
User ID 16350

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Trine Demo, Dates
2. Re: Trine Demo, Dates Jun 25, 2009, 17:59 osage no onna

I haven't paid any attention to this game, but from the description it sounds a bit like Lost Vikings with co-op, which might be pretty fun.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Zeno Clash Free DLC & Sale This Weekend
4. Re: Zeno Clash Free DLC & Sale This Weekend Jun 25, 2009, 05:10 osage no onna

As interesting as the game is visually, I found it so boring that I didn't even finish the demo. The combat feels designed for single enemies, yet they seem to invariably throw groups at you, forcing you to cheese it by backing off in circles and throwing the periodic power punch, or something similarly tedious. Not very fun, in my opinion.

YMMV and all that (and it clearly does, since I seem to be alone in my opinion )

News Comments > Fallout 3 Patches
9. Re: Fallout 3 Patches Jun 23, 2009, 15:20 osage no onna

I just couldn't get into this game. The story telling was not compelling. When some random stranger guy came up to me and wanted me to nuke the first town, I was like "Why isn't there an option to turn the dude in and let them hang him? Why would this guy come up to a stranger asking him to set off a nuke?"

You can turn him in. And he asks you to blow up the town because you're an outsider and I'm pretty sure you had to indicate that you're not burdened by a highly moral character, either. Plus he's extremely cocky and arrogant, and doesn't feel that the plebs would be much of a match for him even if you told someone.

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free
2. Re: Dungeons and Dragons Goes Free Jun 9, 2009, 13:20 osage no onna

I only played the beta, but thought it was a pretty decent game. The dungeons were more atmospheric than the norm, anyway. Still, it's just about as heavily instanced as Guild Wars, so the subscription cost never really made sense to me in the first place.  

News Comments > German Violent Game Ban?
9. Re: German Violent Game Ban? Jun 6, 2009, 18:08 osage no onna

All this would do is that people will just import or download the games instead. People will keep playing whatever they happen to want to play. Net effect on "morality": zero. Net effect on German retail: negative.

Assuming they're genuinely worried about people playing violent games, it's incredibly naive to think that banning the sale of such games would somehow transform people into blissful model citizens (who won't shoot up a school). If they really wanted to make people more caring and compassionate, they could start by addressing the selfish and alienating attitudes endemic in the decision-making system they themselves perpetuate, for example, before randomly banning what could be argued to be a catharsis.

This comment was edited on Jun 6, 2009, 18:09.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Update
10. Re: Team Fortress 2 Update May 27, 2009, 08:11 osage no onna

It really is nonsensical to make it completely random. Not that I liked having it tied to achievements, but if there is absolutely no control over what you'll get, then there's no reason not to just give everything to everyone right off the bat. If they implement some sort of a system that allows you to work towards specific items or even specific class' items, that'd be fine by me.  

News Comments > WoW 3.2 Details
3. Re: WoW 3.2 Details May 23, 2009, 15:37 osage no onna

The raiding crowd are going to want something new to do in 3.2, so ostensibly the Coliseum is of a higher difficulty than Ulduar. How are they going to explain the fact that the Argent Crusade supposedly has things tougher than an Old God sitting around in their basement as a training dummy?  

News Comments > Left Behind Sequel Next Month
43. Re: Left Behind Sequel Next Month May 20, 2009, 20:03 osage no onna

Ah, religion.  

News Comments > WoW Patched
4. Re: WoW Patched May 19, 2009, 15:09 osage no onna

Of course, many of those roles would benefit from different setups for PvE and PvP. Best to play it safe and go straight for deca-spec.  

News Comments > BlizzCon 2009 Ticket Sales
2. Re: BlizzCon 2009 Ticket Sales May 16, 2009, 14:08 osage no onna

Annnnd... sold out. Another batch goes on sale on the 30th, though.  

News Comments > etc.
1. The Making Of- Populous May 9, 2009, 16:25 osage no onna

At the time, the codeshop was operating out of a room in an attic (“Our offices were shite, they were absolutely awful,” shudders Molyneux) above a pensioner who would later attack senior Fujitsu staff with a mop when they attempted to pay a visit. “We were totally broke,” Molyneux confides.

Thumbsup

News Comments > Beyond Good & Evil 2 Movie?
22. Re: Beyond Good & Evil 2 Movie? May 9, 2009, 03:00 osage no onna

The real shame is titles like this and Psychonauts is that there are too many assholes like me who can't see the forest through the trees and take a leap of faith.

The latter is free on Gametap, so no leap of faith required. That is, assuming you can get their horrible new browser-plugin to work.

News Comments > Steam Global Gameplay Stats
12. Re: Steam Global Gameplay Stats<br> May 8, 2009, 12:12 osage no onna

Have you played Trials2? It's great fun but just insanely challenging. The achievements are just as insane.

I have. I've gotten 1 out of 24 achievements for it* and I can't see myself ever getting any more, or I'll be risking a complete mental breakdown.

*(the one achievement being the one where you fail badly enough to break all your bones)

6. Re: Steam Global Gameplay Stats<br> May 8, 2009, 08:38 osage no onna

Well then you're not getting them just for the sake of getting them  

3. Re: Steam Global Gameplay Stats<br> May 8, 2009, 07:41 osage no onna

Well, it'd be a bit silly to try to get them just for the sake of getting them, but if you happen to like a particular game, achievements make replaying them that much more fun. Most of my stats are pretty barren; I just really happen to like ep2 :p  

1. Re: Steam Global Gameplay Stats<br> May 8, 2009, 05:13 osage no onna

My rarest is Get Some Grub in Episode Two, with a 1.0% completion rate. Even Little Rocket Man has been done by twice as many people, which is pretty surprising.

Edit: Trials2 must have the most insane achievements around.

This comment was edited on May 8, 2009, 05:16.

News Comments > 3D Realms Closing?
3. Re: 3D Realms Closing? May 7, 2009, 08:01 osage no onna

Was this linked in the other threads yet?

Caveat: probably fiction.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Broken Steel Diary, Movie
12. Re: Fallout 3 Broken Steel Diary, Movie May 5, 2009, 10:12 osage no onna

Despite all of the naysayers around here it's rare to find a game with such amazing depth. Little things like finding a little shack unmarked in the map with a story attached to it.

This is what I like about the game the most, and its main improvement over Beth's other games: it actually rewards exploration. Just about every place you go to has a little story to it, if you're willing to piece it together. In Oblivion there really was no reason to explore dungeon #213 unless a quest took you there, and even then it was just a guy or an item sitting at the back of the place. Morrowind was largely the same (although a little better in that regard), and Daggerfall obviously as well, what with the thousands of randomly generated locations. Hopefully they'll actually keep going in this direction from now on.

News Comments > Thief 4 Rumor
11. Re: Thief 4 Rumor May 4, 2009, 17:29 osage no onna

There's a very real chance the protagonist isn't going to be Garrett, which makes me sad, but if the game is any good I'll get over it.

Maybe the anti-medieval quote just means they intend(ed) to make it more steampunk, which I have no qualms with.

News Comments > WoW Scandal Follow-up
4. Re: WoW Scandal Follow-up May 1, 2009, 10:39 osage no onna

how did the item end up being set to a regular player?

He had probably applied for an item restoration, and the GM made a typo in the item ID.

262 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo