Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for osage no onna

Real Name osage no onna   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 4, 2003, 17:45
Total Comments 265 (Amateur)
User ID 16350

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
13. Re: etc., etc. Oct 2, 2014, 05:05 osage no onna

I think most of my good friends identify as queer these days, and at least for them it has little to do with being uncertain about your sexuality or being gay, but feeling like you don't fit within traditional gender norms and not wishing to fit within them either. Which is pretty reasonable since gender stereotypes are fucked up regardless of your gender.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. Re: etc., etc. Aug 20, 2014, 01:48 osage no onna

I'm curious to see how long Rock Paper Shotgun takes until they report about this. And I wonder if this might be why Grayson left the site recently.  

News Comments > West Games/Areal AMA Doesn't Answer All Questions
10. Re: West Games/Areal AMA Doesn't Answer All Questions Jul 14, 2014, 12:29 osage no onna

Pretty much the only ones not asking skeptical questions were day old accounts with no other posts many of whom addressed the devs "Mr. Sytyanov" and so on, and those they did reply to, making it look a lot like they were talking to themselves to make it look like it was a real AMA.

Also it seems to me like they're actually lying about the money. Wasn't there some Romanian or Ukrainian site where they said a while ago that their intention is to get enough money from KS to make something that they can shop around to investors/publishers? And here they are saying that they actually have all the money they need (which would surely be millions) but somehow couldn't get the last 50k? They couldn't make the whole thing look more shady if they tried.

News Comments > Blizzard TMs Overwatch
6. Re: Blizzard TMs Overwatch Apr 9, 2014, 13:27 osage no onna

I wonder if they're trying to get back at Valve for tm'ing Dota.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Launches
37. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Launches Apr 4, 2014, 15:09 osage no onna

Maybe they can start talking about Fallout 4 now that they got this thing out of the way.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Feb 18, 2014, 19:36 osage no onna

Hooray! I've gotten so used to reading people's comments here over the... uh, decades... that it felt surprisingly weird not having that option whenever some half-interesting news broke.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jan 6, 2014, 11:13 osage no onna

Does that mean he can't talk to either horde or alliance characters, or that he can talk to both, or how do these pandafolk work?  

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Closed Beta
13. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Closed Beta Dec 13, 2013, 08:21 osage no onna

Esoteric wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 21:30:
If it still sucks, I'll just keep playing PoE and Grim Dawn.

Oh, I'd completely missed the fact that Grim Dawn hit early access; I guess I was busy last month. Tempted.

News Comments > Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics Free in GOG.com Winter Sale
4. Re: Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics Free in GOG.com Winter Sale Dec 12, 2013, 09:38 osage no onna

Ha, I knew Interplay would do this in order to depreciate the games before the end of the year when they won't be allowed to sell them anymore. And then they did. Herve doesn't exactly have a complicated psych profile.  

News Comments > Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers Remake Announced
11. Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers Remake Announced Oct 9, 2013, 08:38 osage no onna

I don't know, the second one was pretty great too, especially considering how awful FMV games tended to be. I thoroughly enjoyed the third one as well, although the cat hair moustache thing was incredibly idiotic of course. I don't think it was representative of the overall quality of the game, though; I recall there being some pretty inspired stuff too.  

News Comments > Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers Remake Announced
6. Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers Remake Announced Oct 8, 2013, 17:23 osage no onna

Awesome game. I still remember the feeling when I beat it and the end theme came on. I was going to be a purist and complain about the 3D graphics but the screens look great. I've forgotten most of the plot so I'll be quite happy to get this.  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
3. Re: Morning Screenshots Aug 29, 2013, 17:56 osage no onna

This has nothing on Bad Mojo.  

News Comments > FF14 Sales Suspended Due to Positive Response
24. Re: FF14 Sales Suspended Due to Positive Response Aug 28, 2013, 11:54 osage no onna

sauron wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 09:57:
Cutter wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 09:50:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 09:15:
Marketing ploy or good game?

Marketing ploy for sure.

Actually, I'm hearing the opposite. A bunch of friends are playing, and all of them are saying it's really, really good.

It can be both good and a marketing ploy. It's basically a Thing now that when you launch a new MMO you have to do a press release where you say how the game is practically too popular for its own good, and apologize profusely for how popular the game is, and how they're scrambling to meet this spectacular popularity, did we mention how popular the game is maybe you'd want to give it try too? Rolleyes

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Aug 28, 2013, 02:18 osage no onna

On the development side, a free-to-play game lowers the risk involved in making a game. A developer is able to release a high quality game that represents a fraction of the total vision, and if players think it is fun and justify it by spending money, the developer can continue to improve the game for months or years on end. If the game does not find success in the marketplace, it is far better to release a game and fail after a year of work than it is to fail after six years of blood, sweat and tears.

That sounds really defeatist somehow. "We're probably going to fail anyway so why try so hard". If you're just throwing something half-baked out there with the hope that it'll somehow do so well that you can evolve it into a proper quality game, it likely won't. Just make the best thing you can and try to have some faith in it.

Edit: Kotaku's link-baiting attempt at controversy worked again, but I have an adblocker so the last laugh's on them Smug

News Comments > Former Steam Honcho Joins Microsoft
18. Re: Former Steam Honcho Joins Microsoft Aug 15, 2013, 08:05 osage no onna

I thought Valve didn't have "bosses".  

News Comments > Blizzard TMs "The Dark Below"?
8. Re: Blizzard TMs Aug 13, 2013, 17:36 osage no onna

Especially after pandas.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2013, 15:39 osage no onna

I ditched my physics degree a decade ago so I'm likely out of date, not to mention dumber than I was back then, but as I recall dark energy is hypothesized to be a constant property of empty space and to have negative pressure, so it acts against gravity. As space expands, the density of regular matter (which familiarly likes to clump together and so slows down the expansion of the universe) gets smaller, while the density of dark energy, as an inherent property of space, stays constant. The end result is that the larger the universe gets, the less gravity can act against the negative pressure of dark energy, so the expansion gets ever faster.

Or something along those lines.

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 31, 2013, 14:55:
No I meant that the inflation can't happen imo unless a force of nature faster than light pushes it. If it were a force slower than light, growing inflation would reduce speeds of inflation over time..

Basically I am saying that I don't understand how the universe can expand ever faster without a force pushing at the outer boundaries at a (increasingly) faster than light speed. If it were at just 99.99999% of light-speed, inflation would slow down, and not speed up. At light-speed inflation would be linear... so yeah.. why?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 31, 2013, 05:14 osage no onna

No kidding. Back in 2000 when he first became president, I was happily surprised that Russia actually managed to get a sane leader, what with the other options having been Zhirinovsky and going crazier from there, but turns out some sociopaths really are just better at hiding it than others. Here's his latest crusade (possibly NSFW, depending on how your workplace feels about brutal violence).  

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Jul 18, 2013, 02:52 osage no onna

Jivaro wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 22:02:
I wasn't going to buy it on PC as I really liked Demons Soul on PS3 and I have already seen how bad Dark Souls PC port was at release.

Well it's a bad port in the sense that it's not really even much of a port as much as it was just dumped on the PC as is, but that still means the PC version is actually the best version as long as you have a fast enough computer and a gamepad. It's exactly the same, except you have higher resolutions, sharper textures, post processing and all that stuff with the user-made fixes. Getting GfWL working may take some effort though.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 11, 2013, 13:30 osage no onna

Five parameters, surely. That's still three dimensions.  

265 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo