Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ulster

Real Name Ulster   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 27, 2003, 01:11
Total Comments 10 (Suspect)
User ID 16301

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > DEFCON Patch
3. Re: No subject Oct 23, 2006, 16:32 Ulster

It was a very fun game for about 2 weeks. Then the new-ness wore off. It is still a nice game to play to kill 30 minutes.

For a bit over $10 I was really impressed.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: ati stream computing Sep 30, 2006, 10:52 Ulster

I disagree and this could actually be very good for gaming. This has the potential to use the GPU as a physics offload engine, for example. Pretty cool stuff.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patches
4. Re: wow Sep 26, 2006, 16:30 Ulster

Me-thinks that Paul can't afford the monthly subscription and feels some anger over that.

Otherwise, running around screaming how much you don't like something reminds me a lot of Brick from "Anchorman"..."I love lamp".

edit: oops formatting wrong

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 16:31.

News Comments > AMD to Buy ATI
21. Re: FoxConn Jul 24, 2006, 11:47 Ulster

You guys are all thinking too short term. This has absolutely nothing to do with AMD wanting to sell Radeon's or chipsets. Long term, and I'm talking 3-5 years, GPU's will be DEAD. All graphics will be integrated into the CPU, where it can be done better and faster than on a GPU. Before you flame me for that comment, please do some homework first.

So, with GPU's being integrated into CPU's, it makes absolute sense for AMD to acquire the graphics know-how to make this happen. For ATI, the deal makes sense as it helps them survive past 5 years.

News Comments > Hearts of Iron 2 Demo
5. Re: No subject Dec 16, 2004, 17:47 Ulster

I have been beta testing HOI2 for a few months. To state that they didn't change anything isn't true. The gameplay is very similar, but they overhauled the way just about everything is done. In some ways, HOI2 is more complex than HOI was. It's certainly a lot deeper.

I understand the Turbotax comment, but if you stick with the game and make it past the learning curve, you'll find MP games to be a great amount of fun. Think of it as getting a rebate after figuring out Turbotax :-)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: for Halsy ...CLASSIC ! Nov 13, 2004, 14:01 Ulster

LOL...I get a kick out of losers. Your guy lost because he is a pussy, and now all you can do is call Bush an asshole. ROFLMAO...enjoy the next four years!

News Comments > Diplomacy & Squad Leader Games
6. Re: No subject Aug 4, 2004, 14:59 Ulster

Paradox does not create bargin bin RTS trash. These guys know strategy games. Europa Universalis and Hearts of Iron are some of the most complex and deep games on the market.

News Comments > On 64-bit UT2003
39. Re: You forget... Feb 27, 2003, 20:04 Ulster

To the person who suggested that backwards compatibility is not desired. In the business world, especially in the tough economic market we are in, businesses do not have the resources to go out and change all of their software. Additionally, you get a chicken and egg thing going. Developers don't want to create too much content because the hardware isn't in place and the market is small. While at the same time, users don't want to invest in hardware that isn't widely supported by software. Its a catch-22.

However, by building in backwards compatibility, AMD will actually SPEED up the process of 64 bit migration by giving end users the comfort factor of having the ability to run both new 64 bit applications as well as current applications. This in turn will give software developers a larger market of 64 bit computers and therefore will naturally develop software to support.

AMD will lead the 64 bit migration by using this approach.

38. Re: You forget... Feb 27, 2003, 19:56 Ulster

First, to the person who posted about the Barton. The Barton has a much larger cache.

Regarding the mention of a 2GB limitation in 32 bit computing, the limitation is actually 4GB. In 64 bit, the theoretical limitation is 2TB!

9. Re: No subject Feb 26, 2003, 20:22 Ulster

This comment was edited on Nov 13, 14:08.

10 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo