Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Javier Heredia

Real Name Javier Heredia   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dukrous
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 25, 2003, 04:44
Total Comments 11 (Suspect)
User ID 16280

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: No subject Nov 22, 2005, 09:46 dukrous

I have no interest in an XBox 360 or a PS3. I get my gaming goodness out of the computer, and it's been good enough for me.

However, one of my brothers is sure to get one, so I'll get my chance to see what the hype is about.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gold - City of Villains
13. Re: 50$ is just too much Oct 19, 2005, 14:42 dukrous

But with the $50, you get a free month of playtime. So just consider your $15/mo as part of the expenditure. At that point, we're paying just $35 for the game...

News Comments > Into the Black
14. Re: Global Warming and Hurricanes Sep 28, 2005, 14:48 dukrous

That's untrue -- even if we are not responsible for global warming/climate change it does not mean that we cannot do something about it. It does, however, make doing something about it much more difficult.
If Global Warming is part of a normal cycle, not only should we NOT do anything, but we should remain as much out of the way as possible due to the unforeseeable side-effects we may spawn off.

If this is part of the larger natural cycle of Earth's nature, then we're merely an audience to it and that's all it should be.

10. Re: Global Warming and Hurricanes Sep 28, 2005, 10:50 dukrous

When you have the director of the National Hurricane Center and the head of the Tropical Meteorology Project, the two people we look at to ask questions about where a hurricane is going and where it will go, telling us that Global Warming has nothing to do with the hurricanes right now, I think a UN panel member is seriously outgunned.

When you look at just the list of Cat 5 storms (http://www.weathermatrix.net/tropical/cat5storms.htm) and plot them out, you see the dots crowded together. For example, between 1980 and 1996, there were 5 Cat 5 hurricanes. Between 1947 and 1963, another 16 year period, you had 8 Cat 5 hurricanes. Are you going to claim that Global Warming stopped between 1980 and 1996 only to kick back up to levels during the 1950s?

The problem is that Global Warming would actually decrease the amount of hurricanes we get and make them weaker. Why? If the global see temperatures rise, then ice would melt. The cold water would gather towards the equator and cool the Atlantic, making hurricanes either unable to form or overall weaker.

Is the Earth heating up? Yes, it is. Undeniably. Are we to blame? No idea. Is it part of a regular heating and cooling cycle the Earth has gone through for billions of years? No idea.

You cannot clame we have any control over Global Warming until you have proved conclusively that this warming up is not part of a repeated cycle. As it stands, the geologic record tends to indicate that this is part of a warming cycle just before a torrential cooling cycle...an ice age we appear to be overdue for, but consider our margin of error of a couple thousand years, considered pretty exact in the world of geology.

6. Re: Global Warming and Hurricanes Sep 28, 2005, 09:42 dukrous

Actually, they specifically say Global Warming is not the cause of the hurricane increase. It's a cycle that repeats every 25-40 years and lasts 10-20 years.

Read it here: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/florida/news-article.aspx?storyid=44499

This comment was edited on Sep 28, 09:42.

2. Global Warming and Hurricanes Sep 27, 2005, 23:11 dukrous

You know...when the worldwide experts in hurricanes say global warming is not causing stronger hurricanes but would actually cause less hurricanes, you think people would listen, right?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: GodTower Sep 13, 2005, 13:40 dukrous

Not gibberish...Thai...

News Comments > Infogrames becomes Atari
10. No subject May 7, 2003, 13:27 dukrous

IMO, there should always be an Atari...it's a great reminder of the contributions the original Atari made to entertainment.

News Comments > Face of Mankind Beta Testing
5. Re: No subject Apr 11, 2003, 01:02 dukrous

I loves me some good ole fashion American hating fiction...yesirree...

Anyways, I read it...I laughed my ass off because if it was any more blatantly biased it would've been titled 'Americans crap on the Queen'.

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies Delayed
29. Re: Meet thine demands Mar 15, 2003, 03:25 dukrous

Do you REALLY want to see naked star wars fans?

News Comments > Free Freelancer Demo
18. Re: Impressions of a person... Feb 24, 2003, 23:45 dukrous

#16, I know the problem. It's the ATi drivers. The card stutters when there's a lot of text on the screen. It's not a Freelance problem, an ATI driver problem. Under the Display control panel, go to Settings->Advanced...find the Troubleshooting tab and set the acceleration to he second to last setting (should read below how it disables cursor/bitmap accerlations). Should work like a charm.

11 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo