Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for S_DOG34

Real Name S_DOG34   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname S_DOG34
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 22, 2003, 06:11
Total Comments 232 (Novice)
User ID 16243

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Republic Commando Demo
58. Re: SW Games Feb 2, 2005, 01:02 S_DOG34

Actually in a somewhat recent interview he said that once he is done with Episode 3, he himself won't make anymore Star Wars movies, but said he will leave it for others to continue.

Was a vague statement, but it's quite possible that he is going to allow other people to make future Star Wars movies.

Ever since I saw what Peter Jackson did with the LOTR trilogy, I have been hoping that Lucas would croak. Jackson knows what he is doing with a big budget epic film series. If Lucas has half of a brain, he will tap Jackson to do 7-9 in a single shoot style a la LOTR. It will never happen (Lucas is some sort of retarded idiot...I know, I didnt think someone could be both either), but we can dream cant we?

Oh, and episode III will suck. I and II did, no reason to think otherwise at this point.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA & ESPN
8. Re: What the--?? Jan 17, 2005, 18:29 S_DOG34

But who can ever forget the EA slogan, "Always low prices, always."

Oh...I guess I got EA and Walmart confused.

News Comments > Act of War: Direct Action Demo
3. Re: 668 meg demo??????? Jan 14, 2005, 12:54 S_DOG34

do me a favour. even with broadband that's just stupid. The game could be a pile of kak. Make it a 50MB demo and maybe some people might downlaod it on the offchance.
558MB is insane, not to mention costing someone a fortune in bandwith.

Cram it up your cramhole. Big demos are here to stay.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
44. Re: Kidney stones Jan 5, 2005, 21:53 S_DOG34

I recall an article in Men's Health that showed a pain scale meter from 1 to 10. Child labor was a 6 or 7 (can't remember exactly), kidney stone was a 9, and third degree burns were a 10. I've not experienced either a kidney stone or childbirth (I think Ahnold is the only male to do so at this point) I can say that I know a good deal of very wussy women who have had children, and my brother, one of the toughest SOBs Ive ever known, was absolutely floored by his kidney stones. Not to belittle the ladies, but from what I have read and seen, kidney stones are DEFINATELY more painful than labor. My $.02.

News Comments > New Star Wars RTS Game
1. Hmmm... Jan 2, 2005, 13:46 S_DOG34

I give this game <10% chance to be decent. Star Wars + videogames = 90% suckage.

News Comments > George Romero Games
8. Re: No subject Dec 15, 2004, 18:27 S_DOG34

What's the chance that John Romero sues over the use of his name? In todays world, I am guessing it's pretty high.

News Comments > Steam Updates
29. Re: Confession time Dec 15, 2004, 02:56 S_DOG34

Hey, at least I didn't say Doom 3 was better :p

Haha, fair enough. We will have to agree to disagree.

News Comments > Steam Updates
25. Re: Confession time Dec 15, 2004, 00:46 S_DOG34

I like the idea that steam can update small amounts very often. With patches you have to wait for weeks or even months and then you get a million fixes (and probably a few more bugs). I like bitching about stuff on these forums, but steam is ok in my book.

And I like most of your posts Creston, but I pity you for thinking that Far Cry is a better game. You and I must have played VERY different versions of HL2 and Far Cry. The latter is fun and cool, but very forgettable.

News Comments > The Matrix Online Delayed Again
11. Re: No carrier Dec 14, 2004, 12:18 S_DOG34

In the words of Porky Pig, "W-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-who cares".

News Comments > EA & NFL Exclusive
18. Re: Silly Dec 14, 2004, 01:59 S_DOG34

I love all the boycotting and hate towards EA when these sporting leagues are EQUALLY responsible. They obviously got JUST AS GREEDY to not spread their love to multiple sources.

Are you going to boycott these very leagues that are just as spoiled and overpayed and responsible?

Didnt think so... such hypocricy.

No actually, I haven't watched a football game all season (I live in Toronto) and I have not been to an NFL game or bought NFL merchandise in over 10 years. So, there is no hypocrisy here.

I totally agree that the league is also responsible, but I don't think the NFL really understands how such a deal would hurt football video game competition, and ultimately, product quality. EA, on the other hand, knows exactly what it will do. Ipso facto, I blame EA more than the NFLPA.

This comment was edited on Dec 14, 02:02.

News Comments > EA & NFL Exclusive
5. Re: Oh well just fuck them then. Dec 13, 2004, 22:01 S_DOG34

EA sports won't be making any more money from me thank-you very much. I foresee a steady decline in the madden franchise. Blech...worst news ever.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Updates
55. Re: Gamespot Dec 11, 2004, 12:20 S_DOG34

"That said, I have read a lot of people ragging on Gamespot, it seems, but I could never find someone who would pin down a reason. If someone could clarify, I might have to rethink my trust..."
Deus Ex - 8.2

Do I really need anymore evidence...I think not.

No, you don't need more evidence. But here is some:

Black and White - 9.3

Now that 'game' was the most overrated turd I have ever played.

News Comments > WoW Hax0r Crackdown
14. Re: Yeah it's good, but.... Dec 4, 2004, 16:11 S_DOG34

What's the fuss here though? If there's no PvP yet, as I understand it, then what harm are they doing to the other players? I'm all for banning cheaters who screw over others, but if they're just cheating the AI, then an outright ban seems a little bit much. Are they getting uber items and screwing up the games economy or something like that?

News Comments > DOOM Movie Update
46. Re: No subject Dec 4, 2004, 12:08 S_DOG34

So if good games make bad movies (super mario brothers, tomb raider) than do bad games (Doom3) make good movies? I doubt it.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Stutter Fix Tomorrow
62. Re: Stutter Nov 23, 2004, 01:03 S_DOG34

By the way, you know damn well that you didn't just "happen to mention" the fact that you did it in 10 hours on hard and, i quote, "no it was not hard," -- by accident.

Exactly. It's not hard to notice what a braggart he is when he could simply have said, "I thought the game was too short".

And btw Prof, there has been a complete lack of fanboism here. We aren't trying to force the game down your throat. You are voicing a complaint for the game that, quite frankly, is only applicable to you and your apparently godly gaming skills. Some of the reasons you didn't like the game, like friendly AI and multiplayer, are valid points. But to say that the games is too short is just ludicrous. Judging by your completion time for HL2 and MP2, I don't see how any non hybrid FPS game ever could last you more than 15 hours. So fine, rush through the game and complain about its length while simultaneously stroking your own FPS skills.

We are merely trying to point out what a pedantic windbag you are. And I think, with your help, we have succeeded.

54. Re: didn't have this problem Nov 22, 2004, 23:58 S_DOG34

Oh real good work, you're now blaming me because they made a short game.

FYI that was ten hours on hard difficulty, and no, it was not hard.

Well pat yourself on the back because youre the greatest gamer in the world. Except you forgot to enjoy the fucking game in the process. Are videogames a business for you? Do you play them 'just to get to the finish'? For fucks sake slow down and enjoy the game.
They did not make a short game. The average completion time attests to that. You made a game of average length short. You run through it with the sprint key on and wonder why it was so short? Christ...get over yourself and go play an RPG because that will be the only game style to satisfy you.
It must be fun to go from forum to forum telling people how great you are at beating FPS games. Your post count is a testament to the fact that you need a new hobby.

47. Re: didn't have this problem Nov 22, 2004, 23:13 S_DOG34

Well it isn't that I didn't *enjoy* Half-Life 2... it's just that ten hours later I am out fifty bucks.

The same thing happened with Max Payne 2... christ, six hours and I was done.

Based on the amount of time you spent playing Max Payne 2 and HL2 I am not surprised that you felt cheated. How can you possibly enjoy everything they have to offer if you run through it that fast? Even the damn reviewers were taking 20 hours to beat it.
Well, you only cheat yourself, so I got no complaints.

36. Re: No subject Nov 22, 2004, 21:59 S_DOG34

The only time I ever noticed a "stutter" is during or after a quicksave for about a second. Never considered it a bug.

After checking out the video on that site and reading all the complaints from literally thousands of people, god fucking damn it must suck ass

It's pretty bad during the buggy and airboat sections, but it has not been bad enough to keep me from playing through a second time even though mine is a MILLION times worse than that video. It will get fixed and the game will be even better. But other than that I have had no problems with HL2 or steam either.

31. Re: didn't have this problem Nov 22, 2004, 21:26 S_DOG34

Yeah, here it is:

http://www.mistresslair.net/forums/showpost.php?p=173064&postcount=219

That's hilarious, but I like your version better. I dunno those forums, but it's certainly an apt title for the ones here.

16. Re: didn't have this problem Nov 22, 2004, 20:33 S_DOG34

The cynicism on this board has grown so palpable that I swear it has become sentient and is gestating in Blue's basement.

That's pure gold JD! Do you have a link to the OP?

232 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo