Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Orogogus

Real Name Orogogus   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 22, 2003, 03:15
Total Comments 903 (Graduate)
User ID 16241

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
19. Re: Sunday Consolidation Apr 28, 2014, 12:17 Orogogus

Flo wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 11:36:
NeOCidE wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 07:32:
Flo wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 06:26:
They need to price the rumored no-disc-drive version at about 350$. That would possibly give them some momentum.
I think, as of now, both next-gen consoles can be considered "fails". I only start my XO for Titanfall and if I had a PS4 I honestly don't know what title I'm supposed to play that I can't get on the PC cheap.

Infamous Second Son
Killzone Shadow Fall
Resogun
Dead Nation
Octodad

With big hitters impending

Still don't see a must have game in that list

Hasn't Octodad been out on the PC since forever?

That's this one, right?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/224480

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rogue Shooter Demo
3. Re: Rogue Shooter Demo Apr 27, 2014, 13:46 Orogogus

J wrote on Apr 27, 2014, 13:40:
Back in my day everything was a text-based adventure. Go N. Examine window. And permadeath was the only way...

It's kind of hard for a text adventure to be permadeath.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 25, 2014, 12:45 Orogogus

Right, it's not, but I don't think it's a sign of any deeper failure than the readily apparent fact that they're stuck in second place. I doubt it can be used to extrapolate any supplier or stocking issues.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II
32. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II Apr 25, 2014, 12:32 Orogogus

Frijoles wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 23:25:
I wouldn't mind an interview where they ask them wtf that extra PC time went towards.

I don't know about anyone else, but this game runs a lot better than the first one on my mid-range laptop, and I think it looks significantly better. So I'd suggest "optimization" is what they might have spent their time on.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 25, 2014, 12:28 Orogogus

You guys seem to make more of the shipped to figure than I think it merits. You know Sony did the same with PS3 until late in its life, when it achieved more-or-less parity, right?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2014, 17:10 Orogogus

8 'Mechs in MW1. This site has an accurate list:
http://www.localditch.com/mechwarrior/mech/mechs.html

Locust - Jenner - Phoenix Hawk - Shadow Hawk - Rifleman - Warhammer - Marauder - Battlemaster

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2014, 17:02 Orogogus

nin wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 16:41:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 16:34:
Pentagon unveils life-size 'Atlas' rescue robot.

1. Let me know when they make a life sized Atlas like this.

2. That real Atlas won't get far with all those cables running out of his back.

I think that's the one I used in the original mechwarrior (12mhz mech warrior), many many moons ago...obliterated the shit out of anything.

No Atlas in the original Mechwarrior, the heaviest 'Mech was the Battlemaster.

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Apr 24, 2014, 17:00 Orogogus

I think I asked in an earlier thread -- how are those backgammon and chess games going to sell more than zero copies at $8? Are those actually video gamey deals that just happen to use chess pieces or a backgammon board, or are they seriously what they sound like?  

News Comments > Free Red Orchestra 2 Promotion
13. Re: Free Red Orchestra 2 Promotion Apr 23, 2014, 20:31 Orogogus

Dirwulf wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 20:17:
Beamer wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 19:38:
Dirwulf wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 18:57:
Graham wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 17:47:
Dirwulf wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 15:44:
So this is a RIFLE ONLY version of the game, not the full game? B.S.

Cancel install.

This may be the most entitled thing I've read today, and I've got Tumblr open in another window. Nice job, man.

I think it's called seeing through a marketing ploy. They are just trying to get you to upgrade to the full version. Why would I want to play a partial game, even if it's free? I don't play any F2P games just for that reason.

Or, as the Steam page says, this is only the original game, not the expansion pack which was sold separately and included vehicles, which the original game did not.

I'm not talking about vehicles. You can only use rifles, no other weapons, like pistols, or grenades.

As KTR said, you're stuck as Rifleman on expansion pack maps. And on most RO2 servers Riflemen don't get pistols. I'm pretty sure you should have grenades, though...

News Comments > Next Dragon Age Begins in October
42. Re: Next Dragon Age Begins in October Apr 22, 2014, 18:03 Orogogus

The website says "It’s official: Dragon Age: Inquisition is coming to PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One on October 7, 2014!". The press release seems to list it, too, right under where the excerpt cuts out:

Dragon Age: Inquisition is in development at BioWare in Edmonton and will be available for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC via Origin™. The game has not yet been rated the ESRB and PEGI; visit www.esrb.org and www.pegi.info for more information.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 22, 2014, 13:52 Orogogus

Beamer wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 13:35:
Cutter wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 13:27:
I've never said other companies weren't evil. Simply that Apple is the evilest of them all. And yes, if you support Apple you do hate America and babies, and likely love the terrorists too.

I don't think you've really ever given a reason why Apple is more evil than Google or Walmart or Koch Industries or MLM pyramid schemes.

After being called out on it fourteen or fifteen times, he's probably not going to start now either, except maybe to trot out the late Steve Jobs' stance against charitable donations again. Just move on.

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 2014, 14:02.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Apr 21, 2014, 18:40 Orogogus

jdreyer wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 16:33:
Adventure games back in the day were either pixel hunts, or dominated by illogical or obscure puzzle solutions. There was no internet to go find the solution if you were stuck. When I read that Myst was more of that, I passed. Gameplay just sounded too languid and arbitrary to be fun, despite the ground-breaking graphics.

I feel like Myst is the opposite of those pixel hunts / random solution adventure games. For the Sierra/LucasArts breed, there's a somewhat legitimate criticism that by clicking random objects together you'll eventually reach the end of the game. Myst, and most especially Riven, are very difficult to beat unless you go about things methodically and take copious notes about things like what settings you left a bunch of dials at several screens back. With the exception of certain puzzles, I think it's the opposite of arbitrary, and it's more resistant to brute forcing when you're stuck.

It's certainly not for everyone, but I'd have thought that all the people who like to wax nostalgic about IRQ conflicts and managing upper memory blocks would have enjoyed this brand of puzzle solving.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 18, 2014, 12:44 Orogogus

"An Experience That Feels Like A Paid-For Games-Suite."

...on CompuServe, maybe. This is a suite of 15 games like chess, reversi, Nibbles, Robots and Four-in-a-Row. I can't really overstress how much this goes against Linux's rep as a serious up-and-coming gaming platform.

News Comments > 2D Prince of Persia Rumor
7. Re: 2D Prince of Persia Rumor Apr 18, 2014, 12:24 Orogogus

Aero wrote on Apr 18, 2014, 03:18:
It's a small thing, but it spoiled the feel of controls and it just wasn't the same game at all.

The way nostalgia works is that people recognize changes as different and therefore bad, while at the same time not actually wanting to go back and play the old mechanics over again. You see it all the time in the MMORPG threads where people rave all about Everquest's time sink game mechanics which were plainly bad but people have a giant gamer superiority complex from having lived through it.

In any case, I thought the animations in POP were extremely secondary to the exploring and puzzle solving. The only time I remember animation blending mattering at all was the riposte sword attack. And hell if I can remember anything about Flashback besides roll shoot roll roll shoot roll shoot roll roll roll...

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 17, 2014, 15:00 Orogogus

NeOCidE wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 08:14:
Fantaz wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 03:15:
looks like that Ground Zeroes review contains spoilers...

Is that even possible? I heard it's only 1 hour long. Just how much can they spoil??

The whole damn thing, I'd imagine.

News Comments > Frontier Gains Elite Rights; Braben to Sell Frontier Stock
13. Re: Frontier Gains Elite Rights; Braben to Sell Frontier Stock Apr 17, 2014, 12:57 Orogogus

djinn wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 10:48:
Cutter wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 09:42:
The name doesn't have that much cache.

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/2558713

The word is "cachet."

News Comments > Frontier Gains Elite Rights; Braben to Sell Frontier Stock
12. Re: Frontier Gains Elite Rights; Braben to Sell Frontier Stock Apr 17, 2014, 12:55 Orogogus

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 12:50:
Ok I have a question: 1.6 million shares at 260 bucks a stock...(roughly the market value of the stock) is roughly 390 million right? Am I missing something or could he have payed for the development right out of his own pocket?

Again if I'm missing something please let me know.

The article says 250 pence per share, which is a lot less than $260. I think Google says it's about $4.20.

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M
43. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 12:26 Orogogus

Creston wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 11:36:
Whiskers wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 10:04:
I'm excited to see some stuff from the single player campaign. That's all I'm really looking forward to. I hope it's similar to Starlancer. I loved that game.

I had the idea they were going for the Wing Commander style campaign, rather than the more open Freelancer stuff?

Starlancer was a Wing Commander style campaign. Well, with co-op, and less branching.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 15, 2014, 02:49 Orogogus

$8 each (or $15 bundled, yay!) seems kind of steep. Are these somehow really, really incredible chess and backgammon titles? They sound like the kind of thing I'd be expecting Sony or MS to give away for free with their online services.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 15, 2014, 02:42 Orogogus

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 02:17:
I don't really care, all I know is TurboTax is pretty quick and easy and FREE for filing my FIT... They bug me to pay a fee to transfer the info over to my state filing, but I just ignore all that nonsense.

It would be more free if you didn't have to buy TurboTax, is the point. Their whole business is based on lobbying the government to keep sucking.

903 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo