Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Orogogus

Real Name Orogogus   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 22, 2003, 03:15
Total Comments 917 (Graduate)
User ID 16241

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars 1313 Details
31. Re: Star Wars 1313 Details Jun 1, 2012, 19:36 Orogogus

It's hard to tell where you're conflating George Lucas and LucasArts (for example, I don't think George Lucas has anything to do with this game), but LucasArts has certainly come up with a ton of other good ideas since Star Wars. Monkey Island, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, Outlaws, Maniac Mansion & DOTT, the non-terrible Star Wars games, etc.

As for Lucas himself, I guess Indiana Jones used to be okay.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
15. Re: etc., etc. Jun 1, 2012, 11:50 Orogogus

UnderDown wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 11:25:
I would bet that the majority of Diablo 3 players really only want to play single player & LAN/friend style co-op

I think it massively undermines your point that you think LAN co-op outnumbers people who want online co-op. People don't just want online co-op to play with random strangers, they use it to play with people they know, because it's, you know, 2012. I use online to paly games with my relatives, coworkers, other friends and their friends. LAN play hasn't been relevant for me since I graduated from college, in 1997. People who "don't spend their time on gaming news sites and forums" have probably never laid eyes on a LAN game in their life.

If a co-op game is online only, I could see it as an inconvenience; point against. If it were LAN only with no online, it would be a bizarre throwback from the turn of the century.

News Comments > Star Wars 1313 Details
10. Re: Star Wars 1313 Details Jun 1, 2012, 11:40 Orogogus

Darks wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 11:20:
The problem with this game is that it’s going to be on the Xbox, so it will be pg13. They won’t be allowed to make it as dark as we would like for it to be. So it will ultimately end up being an epic fail.

Are PC games supposed to be darker than console games? This is something I hadn't heard before. Most of the controversial games in the last few years have all been on the consoles.

Star Was on the other hand is a generally PG property to begin with.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
56. Re: Out of the Blue May 31, 2012, 20:41 Orogogus

When you're discussing religion and you get to a point of "Well, an omnipotent god could do it," there's not a whole lot more to say. In the case of the idea of an afterlife where said omnipotent deity gathers spirits and rewards them for actions in life... either you've already bought into all the presuppositions leading up to that, or not. There are at least a good half dozen major beliefs regarding the afterlife, and I hardly believe that most Christians teach their kids that Hindus believe in reincarnation and let them make up their own minds.  

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale May 31, 2012, 16:45 Orogogus

A rewind feature would be aces for Sierra's crop, although it wouldn't help you in situations where you were supposed to throw a shoe at a cat two hours ago to make friends with the mouse he's chasing so that the mouse can chew through a rope that has you tied up in a completely different part of the game.  

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale May 31, 2012, 11:56 Orogogus

Dev wrote on May 31, 2012, 02:54:
Tumbler wrote on May 31, 2012, 00:52:
If you're not a fan of adventure games the Sierra ones are going to be a real chore. There are so many cheap kills. The Lucasarts adventure games were less annoying in this respect but it does provide some chuckles when you die on something silly or unexpected. I'll just walk over this way and EATEN BY WORM MONSTER! Game over! Restore?

I'd say skip it if you're not into adventure games already. I vaguely remember playing one of these games so I'm interested just to see what the story was all about. I'm enjoying it so far. I'm thinking I'll skip the EGA versions. (space quest 2 and 3)

The kills were a big part of the game series though, thats what save is for I actually disliked some adventure games habits that came out later and had ZERO deaths, basically held your hand. People complained when the first Two Guys prototype came out and didn't have any player deaths (they were there in the 2nd prototype though

If Prez isn't an adventure fan, SQ, KQ and LSL are almost certainly what he's not a fan of. Broadly speaking, they encapsulate almost everything people don't like about adventure games. Pixel hunting, nonintuitive solutions (or not acknowledging intuitive solutions), arbitrary deaths, getting stuck because you didn't get random item X fifteen screens ago, etc.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Mad Riders and Sega Vintage Collection: Golden Axe on Xbox LIVE Arcade May 31, 2012, 11:39 Orogogus

In the case of Golden Axe the Genesis version had an extra level, a different ending and a survival mode added on. But yes, the arcade version looked better.  

News Comments > CD Project RED's Cyberpunk RPG Announced
21. Re: CD Project RED's Cyberpunk RPG Announced May 30, 2012, 19:48 Orogogus

Witcher 1 has pacing problems, in my opinion. Act 2 and 3 kind of drag, and everyone hates swamps. Just hope this Cyberpunk game doesn't have a sewer level.  

News Comments > CD Project RED's Cyberpunk RPG Announced
13. Re: CD Project RED's Cyberpunk RPG Announced May 30, 2012, 17:46 Orogogus

Isn't that true of most pen-and-paper roleplaying games?  

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: StrongHold 3 May 25, 2012, 23:59 Orogogus

Both my computers have practically the same IP. But it might not be the browser. After your post I clicked the link and it was $60 again. Then I tried going directly to impulsedriven.com and it was $40. And now when I click the link it's $40. I don't even know.

Edit: And now it's $60 again...

This comment was edited on May 26, 2012, 00:04.

News Comments > Updated Max Payne 3 PC Specs & Release Date
13. Re: Updated Max Payne 3 PC Specs & Release Date May 25, 2012, 23:52 Orogogus

4096x4096 would be 16x larger than 1024, not 4x.  

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: StrongHold 3 May 25, 2012, 23:50 Orogogus

There is something wonky going on. My desktop (and my work computer) shows $40 no matter what the browser (Chrome, Firefox, IE), but on my laptop only IE shows $40 and the other browsers show $60... except at some point while I was typing this it's working on my laptop in all browsers now too.  

News Comments > Updated Max Payne 3 PC Specs & Release Date
9. Re: Updated Max Payne 3 PC Specs & Release Date May 25, 2012, 23:19 Orogogus

35 GB is the HD space required, I don't know where to find how large the download is.  

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: StrongHold 3 May 25, 2012, 23:16 Orogogus

It shows $39.99 for me. I'm pretty sure it did a few hours ago when I first looked, too.  

News Comments > Day One : Garry’s Incident Announced
4. Re: Day One : Garry’s Incident Announced May 25, 2012, 07:03 Orogogus

Most Americans pronounce Larry as Lair-Ree, as Sepharo said, not Lah-Ree.  

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. May 24, 2012, 16:49 Orogogus

As Creston said, my problem wasn't the length per se, but the repetition. "More testing!" was a line that I got plenty sick of. 1. Get new toy. 2. Get an easy map with new toy. 3. Get a hard map with new toy. 4. Then another one. Repeat a few dozen times, adding in plot maybe every sixth or seventh iteration.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. May 24, 2012, 14:21 Orogogus

It's probably because I did play Portal 1 first that the second seemed to draaaaaaag.  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. May 24, 2012, 13:29 Orogogus

Kastagir wrote on May 24, 2012, 13:02:
I used to be quite proud to say I hadn't purchased a single Valve title since the Orange Box, but I recently picked up Portal 2 on sale. It was cute, but about 3-4 times longer than it needed to be.

That was my opinion, too, but I've seen several people here bitching that the game was too short. Myself, by about 2/3 of the way through I was wondering why the game wasn't over yet.

Co-op was fun, but it had the same pacing problems.

News Comments > Diablo III Claims Sales Record
115. Re: Diablo III Claims Sales Record May 23, 2012, 23:30 Orogogus

Creston wrote on May 23, 2012, 22:54:
Orogogus wrote on May 23, 2012, 16:38:
entr0py wrote on May 23, 2012, 15:50:
Blizzard has become a lot like Apple. They make very well crafted and unique products that come with unreasonable terms of use that customers wouldn't tolerate from any other company.

To be fair, people just recently put up with something similar for Mass Effect 3.

How so? I'm not defending ME3; it's a broken piece of shit in MP, and the SP... well, we've talked about that enough.

But it DOES have an offline mode. You can't play MP in offline mode, obviously, but the SP works just fine. Admittedly the offline mode was broken on launch, but it works just fine now.

Creston

I was under the impression (from a lot of complaining posts) that you had to install Origin and authenticate online before you could play the singleplayer, even if you bought retail discs. Also that you were locked out of your DLC while offline. And I guess a forum ban can get you locked out of your Origin account? Some of the problems seem like they're sliding down the same slope, at least.

News Comments > Diablo III Claims Sales Record
74. Re: Diablo III Claims Sales Record May 23, 2012, 16:38 Orogogus

entr0py wrote on May 23, 2012, 15:50:
Blizzard has become a lot like Apple. They make very well crafted and unique products that come with unreasonable terms of use that customers wouldn't tolerate from any other company.

To be fair, people just recently put up with something similar for Mass Effect 3.

917 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo