Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tomas

Real Name Tomas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tomas
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 19, 2003, 07:19
Total Comments 181 (Novice)
User ID 16212

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Trailer
30. Re: The Witcher 2 Trailer Mar 23, 2010, 22:46 Tomas

Loved the Witcher. Had to try it a second time though to get into it. I think having a PC that could run it well made all the difference. Glad I did get into it though as it ended up being one of my favorite games from last year (that I played, not year of release). The Witcher 2 is now an auto buy for me. Even if it's not as good as #1 I feel it will be worth it just to support these guys for the good times in the first game which I got for so cheap having not looked into it until long after the initial release.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > ME2 Appearance Pack Next Week
12. Re: ME2 Appearance Pack Next Week Mar 20, 2010, 21:41 Tomas

In fairness I'll note along with my snore that I'm happy to see DLC like this because I don't care enough to even bother to pirate it. Personally I'd rather buy a real expansion and I think DLC is probably the most scummy thing I've seen out of the gaming industry in a while, but I realize some people love to waste money on things with little or no value. In the past things like this would have been just patched in for free by developers who cared about their fans. If that were the case here, a patch, with a few new outfits I'd probably say something like, "Oh, cool, they added a few new outfits along with the fixes. It's nice to see devs that care about their game and the fans." But as we already know, that's not what is happening.  

News Comments > ME2 Appearance Pack Next Week
2. Re: ME2 Appearance Pack Next Week Mar 20, 2010, 17:40 Tomas

Snore?  

News Comments > No PC Splinter Cell Conviction Demo
21. Re: No PC Splinter Cell Conviction Demo Mar 18, 2010, 02:33 Tomas

This argument is bordering on lame, but there's a lot more to consider like the install base of box consoles and PCs. I'm pretty sure it's a safe bet to say there are a LOT more people with computers than consoles, and let's not forget that even the console pirates have to use PCs (generally) to grab their free games. Either way...there's a whole lot of data being left out of this argument and in the end, it's the PC users that are getting boned.  

News Comments > No PC Splinter Cell Conviction Demo
14. Re: No PC Splinter Cell Conviction Demo Mar 18, 2010, 00:22 Tomas

Guessing here, but I imagine this is because the demo would have to include the DRM or it would make it more easily crackable. Including the DRM would lose them sales as the negative feedback would pour out and thus, no demo for PC users.

Ubi is dead. At least to me. Hopefully soon for everyone.

News Comments > On BioShock 2 DLC's Tiny Download
14. Re: On BioShock 2 DLC's Tiny Download Mar 12, 2010, 18:59 Tomas

What do you call a whore who pays her clients afterward?

Yep, a PC gamer.

Welcome to the future.

News Comments > Dragon Age II In February 2011?
4. Re: Dragon Age 2 In February 2011? Mar 11, 2010, 21:39 Tomas

Possible considering they will probably just use the old tech and make some engine upgrades. Frankly if that's all it is and they pack it with a great story I'm sold. Hopefully they don't do something ridiculous like Ubi is doing in the mean time...  

News Comments > EA Server Outage
13. Re: EA Server Outage Mar 11, 2010, 03:33 Tomas

*sigh* I hope the PC market figures itself out pretty soon. It's like we're going backwards at a horrendous speed in hopes of crashing and burning as soon as possible. What happened to the days where we had dedicated servers being hosted by loyal fans who actually liked the companies they bought games for and would devote not only their time, but their own personal property to support those good companies? Geez, it's like everyone has gone mad.  

News Comments > New Mass Effect 2 Weapon on the Cerberus Network
10. Re: New Mass Effect 2 Weapon on the Cerberus Network Mar 9, 2010, 18:37 Tomas

Lame. I really don't see what's great about a new weapon or armor once all of us have already finished the game. I mean, sure, it's free, but it's more like...why didn't we have that item when we actually played? Wouldn't it have been more useful? I hate to be a whiner, but seriously I'm not understanding the flow of logic on their DLC so far. I have absolutely 0% interest in booting up the game again just to try out a new weapon.  

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Designer Departs
1. Re: CD Projekt RED Designer Departs Mar 7, 2010, 15:08 Tomas

Anyone know what this means for The Witcher 2? I hope it doesn't adversely affect things. Wish I was more up to date on the community gossip.  

News Comments > Divinity II Add-on Announced
1. Re: Divinity II Add-on Announced Mar 4, 2010, 16:31 Tomas

Divinity 2 was a fun game, albeit better after patching. Some issues, but overall worth picking up if you can find it on discount. The biggest issue for me was that it is insanely hard until level 15 or so unless you really know what you're doing. Excited for the expansion. =)

From the sound of the expansion fixes it might be worth waiting to pick it up though...hate to say that, but the level fix sounds really good among others for a first time experience.

News Comments > Mount&Blade Warband Open Beta
4. Re: Mount&Blade Warband Open Beta Feb 19, 2010, 20:28 Tomas

MP is fun so far. Much harder since AI is stupid and some humans aren't, but fun. I think the current beta only includes MP for most people though apparently some people have access to SP as well. Frankly I'm quite excited just to try out this MP some more.  

News Comments > Ubisoft's "Big Announcement" on Xbox LIVE
7. Re: Ubisoft's Feb 9, 2010, 04:06 Tomas

Don't mind news about news...sometimes it's interesting.

However, this time it's Ubisoft, and I already washed my hands clean of any further interest in their products after their recent actions so in this case I agree it's like garbage being strewn on bluesnews. =)

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Footage?
6. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Footage? Feb 1, 2010, 20:00 Tomas

There's a different version without the stupid music though the quality isn't any better in that one either. Frankly I'm unimpressed, but who knows, it could be a decent game if it ever did come out.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 a "Blockbuster"
6. Re: Mass Effect 2 a Jan 29, 2010, 18:46 Tomas

Why so much negativity? The game's fun. Sure I wish it was a bit deeper in some ways, but you can't knock it on being a great game. I'm about 10 hours in and having a blast. More polished than Dragon Age, and other than Shepherd's voice acting being flat and the occasionally game stopping clipping bugs (I tend to warp into the ceiling or onto other objects you can't seem to get off on occasion) I'm really enjoying everything about it.

This comment was edited on Jan 29, 2010, 18:46.

News Comments > Ubisoft Ubi.com Q&A
12. Re: Ubisoft Ubi.com Q&A Jan 26, 2010, 18:05 Tomas

Congrats Ubi. I'll never buy another game from you, and no, I won't buy the console version either.  

News Comments > Return to Ostagar Delays Explained
3. Re: Return to Ostagar Delays Explained Jan 20, 2010, 15:21 Tomas

Heh, funny, but I have to admit I understand what he's saying. The more complex a project the more difficult it becomes to really find all the bugs. Even the smallest changes can cause all sorts of weird little things to crop up that are often pretty hard to find with even a decent sized test team. Though on the flip side I heard the one major broken bit was that all the specialty classes weren't working...which seems like something pretty noticeable. I guess if they *seemed* to be working but weren't actually having any effect (the abilities etc) then that would be kind of understandable.

Ah well, I won't buy DLC either way. =) Here's to hoping that the expansion is a legit full expansion and not some gimmicky money grab.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: that salary is not bad Jan 19, 2010, 13:47 Tomas

It's not bad until you consider the hours you are required to work per week (even excluding months of "crunch time") at most studios. Don't get me wrong, it CAN be worth it, but in the end there are a lot of jobs that pay better and will offer you a lot more in regards to a healthy work environment.

But if you're single and love games...it's not too bad.

News Comments > No MW2 Dedicated Server
94. Re: No MW2 Dedicated Server Oct 19, 2009, 00:52 Tomas

MW2 total sales - 16 or so since they just alienated my LAN group.

What's up with PC game companies turning into dicks these days?

News Comments > Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim Demo
6. Re: Majesty 2 Demo Sep 15, 2009, 16:32 Tomas

It's not so much that you're supposed to lose as it is just amazingly difficult. If you didn't play the first majesty (and were good at it) then you probably won't be able to finish that second level. It's designed to kick your butt. Some of us though have finished it.

Oh, and if you want to cheat you can too. The save game files are easily edited if you're having too much trouble but want to see some more stuff.

I actually wish there was one more level though...it's a most likely buy for me at this point. I absolutely loved the first one.

181 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo