Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tomas

Real Name Tomas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tomas
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 19, 2003, 07:19
Total Comments 181 (Novice)
User ID 16212

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
5. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Jul 19, 2010, 23:48 Tomas

Did at first, looks like they just updated it. Got mine downloading now.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft Sales
6. Re: Ubisoft Sales Jul 17, 2010, 23:38 Tomas

Heh, kind of expected this reaction here. Frankly, it's exactly what I thought as well. Anyhow, Ubi is dead to me. It's a shame, years ago I used to look at them and think, wow, that's a company that is doing things right. It's crazy how things change. Sad, too, as I've interest in a few of their recent titles. I wonder if the lost sales from pissed off old customers add up. I wish we could see the numbers.  

News Comments > THQ Sale
4. Re: THQ Sale Jul 17, 2010, 23:36 Tomas

I failed to pass up the deal this time. I too wanted to pick this one up during the steam sale, but couldn't bring myself to pay 20 bucks. I feel like a cheapskate! =) Ah well, I'm happy now. $12.50 and integrated into steam. Perfect deal!

That's 5 dollar download thing is tricky though. Glad I took a second to figure out what it was all about.

News Comments > A Game of Thrones: Genesis Announced
9. Re: A Game of Thrones: Genesis Announced Jul 16, 2010, 17:38 Tomas

From the looks of things he works on it about once every two or three weeks. It's never going to get done. I think he's lost his interest in the series.

Hope at least the game is good.

3. Re: There are new beta drivers for notebooks too Jul 13, 2010, 06:35 Tomas

Sometimes it recovers, but in other cases you can hard lock/get a BSOD. Try the new beta out though. It seems to have helped if not solved it for me.  

1. There are new beta drivers for notebooks too Jul 12, 2010, 22:32 Tomas

258.96 - hoping they'll fix the flash BSOD issue I'm having when multiple instances of flash are active.  

News Comments > Divinity II The Dragon Knight Saga Announced
4. It wasn't that bad... Jul 8, 2010, 14:55 Tomas

The ending I mean. The game was fun, but the ending was indeed a bit of a surprise. I know why people hate it, but it was kind of funny. I laughed so much reading peoples comments after they'd completed it. I'll probably pick this one up simply because I enjoyed DivII enough to warrant it. Will be nice to see how they move forward off the ending we "enjoyed".  

News Comments > Alpha Protocol Patch, DLC Status
16. Re: Alpha Protocol Patch, DLC Status Jun 21, 2010, 22:35 Tomas

I guess I'll jump on the whiteknight bandwagon too. This game gets a lot more hate than it deserves. The first hour or so really bothered me (bland environment, kind of weird getting used to the crappy things about it), but after that I really found myself enjoying the game quite a bit. It is a shame they released it in the current state, but even with its flaws it's a lot better than a boat load of games that seem to get a pass. Frankly I really wish they'd make more content, because now that I'm used to the few odd things and know how to work around the few bugs I had I really like the game.

Could have been a classic, yes, but it's still a fun game. And honestly, I don't get all the hate on the combat system. It's not that weird - especially when you realize this is a stats based RPG game. If you suck at shooting (stats wise)...you'll miss more often. Not too hard to comprehend.

News Comments > Dragon Age Anime Movie Plans
10. Re: Dragon Age Anime Movie Plans Jun 7, 2010, 22:29 Tomas

Yeah...not seeing the reason for the rage. Until there's something to look at all I'm seeing is a bunch of ignorant comments. Hating anime because of the style is downright silly. There isn't ONE style to anime, and quite frankly if you had done any digging around you might have realized that there are actually a great number of fantastic anime movies out there that don't look like big-eyed kiddie garbage.

That said, I'm not expecting much either, but no point in throwing Bioware/FUNimation under the train until we see something to justify it. For all we know the anime could end up being fantastic.

BTW, FUNimation has done some pretty good stuff in addition to the regular garbage they've done. So who knows, it might actually be something fun to watch.

News Comments > Saturday Screenshots
3. Re: Saturday Screenshots Jun 6, 2010, 02:48 Tomas

Yep. This is the one on Unreal 3 rather than 2.5. Hopefully they take all the awesome from the first game and then fix up the bits that weren't quite there. Can't wait for this to get released.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 2010 Trailer
17. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 2010 Trailer Jun 4, 2010, 22:25 Tomas

There's a lot of info out there about the game. The short version is that most of the comments and concerns in here aren't accurate, but I'll let everyone find all the details on their own since I'm lazy. =) A few notes though...

I find the trailer a lot more Cyberpunk than Matrix. I have a hard time not assuming that the 2027 date isn't a nod to Cyberpunk. If I had to guess I'd assume most of you guys are younger and don't even know what Cyberpunk is though...

There is an option to not kill in most cases from what I've heard. This, however, will leave the player dealing with things like guards waking up knocked out guards etc. So while it appears that will be an option, it may make the game really tough in some cases.

Anyhow, I'm getting sort of excited. There are things I'm not at all happy about (like no location specific damage - there was nothing cooler than my first play through of Deus Ex when I had both my legs taken out and I was dragging myself across the field under the statue of liberty...), but I'm going to reserve my comments until a bit more info comes out.

News Comments > Blizzard on DRM
13. Re: Blizzard on DRM May 27, 2010, 02:00 Tomas

I've never really understood why achievements matter to people. Sure, when I get one I think, "Oh neat, I should get more!" But then I think to myself...why do I care about this. You get an achievement for...playing the game? Shouldn't the more exciting part be the actual playing? If a game tells me I need to get achievements to feel like I'm having fun, then maybe the game isn't that fun at all.

Anyhow, and yeah, his whole statement is completely invalidated by the fact that you have to have your connection to play their game at all. Well, those of us who buy it will anyhow. Those who just pirate it will enjoy their LAN games just fine with or without their internet connection.

News Comments > Palladium Books sues Trion Worlds
10. Re: Palladium Books sues Trion Worlds May 12, 2010, 18:28 Tomas

I think the lawsuit might have some feet. I know when I saw the name of the game I immediately thought it was Rifts but that someone had simply made a typing mistake. Unless there are a lot of competing products using the Rift(s) name then their claim might actually hold up.  

News Comments > Sniper: Ghost Warrior Trailer
2. Re: Sniper: Ghost Warrior Trailer Apr 24, 2010, 22:33 Tomas

I haven't watched the video, but I'm remembering something about how the game is about 50% snipery and 50% run and gun. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, in fairness I haven't really followed the game development much, but I think I read that somewhere. Might explain why this video doesn't appear snipery. =)  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Apr 7, 2010, 23:01 Tomas

Fantastic article! Wish I could afford the $427 book. Hopefully we have a copy at a nearby library.  

News Comments > Bloodlines Revival Project
1. Re: Bloodlines Revival Project Apr 7, 2010, 22:01 Tomas

Would totally reload it all up - again - if this gets done.  

News Comments > Fired Editor Alleges Rockstar Review Pressure
43. Re: Fired Editor Alleges Rockstar Review Pressure Apr 7, 2010, 18:00 Tomas

Slippery Jim wrote on Apr 7, 2010, 16:55:
Why don't they just do like most game companies? Have the PR department write the review FOR the magazine so that it is done exactly how the software company wants. UBI and EA do it.

I wish you were joking, but haven't experienced this all first hand I can affirm that this sort of thing happens far too often. Some companies require that they have final say on reviews as well - so they basically come in and change things the reviewer wanted to say to paint them in the light they want. Sure, this isn't always happening or we'd never see bad reviews, but it does happen more than people think.

edit: forgot my quote...heh

News Comments > Mount & Blade: Warband Patch
5. Re: Mount & Blade: Warband Patch Apr 4, 2010, 19:28 Tomas

The mods for the original Mount&Blade were fantastic. The developer takes a lot of time to make sure it is very moddable and it showed. I'm sure Warband is no different. Oh, and yeah, bugs and all aside the game is fantastic. I love it. MP is better than I expected as well.  

News Comments > Heroes of Newerth Open Beta This Week
6. Re: Heroes of Newerth Open Beta This Week Mar 29, 2010, 06:18 Tomas

Frankly I don't much care for these types of games, but everyone I know who likes them is loving HoN and bugs me ad nauseam to play it with them.

Had to put this in here; it was starting to sound like a LoL shills' festival.

News Comments > Mount & Blade: Warband Preorders Get Beta Access
3. Re: Mount & Blade: Warband Preorders Get Beta Access Mar 24, 2010, 02:46 Tomas

Wow, totally got to disagree (edit: w/Caveman). I absolutely LOVE Mount&Blade. Best 7 bucks I ever spent (bought in LONG ago...I think it was 7 bucks) and I'll be buying the new Warband version the day it drops. The multiplayer beta is amazing fun even with the bugs and all. I can see why some people won't like it, but really...if this is on of the worst game you've ever played I think you need to play some more games.  

181 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo