Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tomas

Real Name Tomas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tomas
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 19, 2003, 07:19
Total Comments 181 (Novice)
User ID 16212

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > From Dust DRM Dust Up - Refunds Offered? [Updated]
17. Re: From Dust DRM Dust Up - Refunds Offered? [Updated] Aug 19, 2011, 01:00 Tomas

I'm a proud non-purchaser (non-consumer too for those obnoxious few of you who assume that means I must be pirating their stuff) of all Ubi products since their first mention of this abuse of their customer base began.

I wonder how many others like me are out there and whether this DRM really is helping Ubi in the long run.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Witcher 2 2.0 Next Month
2. Re: Witcher 2 2.0 Next Month Aug 17, 2011, 22:46 Tomas

I think this will be the first game in years which I have been excited to play through for a second time. The good news is the alternate campaign for chapter 2 remains unplayed by me. I'm hoping there's some new stuff to augment it as well. =)  

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Delayed
16. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Delayed Aug 8, 2011, 23:36 Tomas

Krovven wrote on Aug 8, 2011, 16:53:

Yes, buy games based on promises. We know how well that has worked out for people in the past.

Buy the game because you know you will enjoy it for what it is.

Maybe true for most publishers, but Tripwire has a good record of doing just what they are saying they will do.

I wish more people believed in the Conan O'Brien philosophy on cynicism. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiSpULCYJn4

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Announcement Soon?
60. Re: Borderlands 2 Announcement Soon? Aug 3, 2011, 02:11 Tomas

Not sure if all the Borderlands hate is from early players or not, but it was and is one of my favorite games from the last few years. We played the crap out of that thing coop. Granted we didn't try it out until long after it had released so we probably missed the major issues that everyone hated. Yes, there were still annoying consolifications and other such things, but it was amazing fun with a few buddies. It is to date one of the only games in my 25 or so years of gaming that I've played through a second time. Super excited for Borderlands 2. Hopefully they'll fix what sucked on PC and then just make it more of the same awesome.

Funny thing was I really didn't have any interest in it until I picked it up on a whim during the summer steam sale last year. Before that I'd always just more or less ignored it. SO glad we grabbed it during that sale. I have 105 hours logged according to steam.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Preloads
12. Re: The Witcher 2 Preloads May 12, 2011, 07:55 Tomas

So excited for this game. You can't beat DRM free and awesome all in one package. I really hope it's as good as the first one.  

News Comments > X Rebirth Announced
13. Re: X Rebirth Announced Apr 20, 2011, 21:31 Tomas

Paketep wrote on Apr 20, 2011, 19:52:
As long as it isn't an MMO...

Agreed...but I'd love it to have multiplayer servers. I have always wished to play the X games with my friends (and possibly others). That's the one thing above all that I felt it needed. Being able to build an empire with your buddies would be so fun.

Either way I'm optimistic about Rebirth. Hopefully the coming weeks/months will surprise us in a good way.

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
1. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Apr 15, 2011, 01:05 Tomas

If anyone ever finishes a graphics update for this I'm totally going to replay it again. I'm not totally sure why Blue continues to post these updates, but I really enjoy seeing them. =) It's like Duke Nukem, but in a good way.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Multiplayer Modes
14. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Multiplayer Modes Mar 21, 2011, 23:12 Tomas

Duke had single player? Really? I honestly didn't know...haha. Which is funny considering the zillions of times we played it MP.  

News Comments > Magicka Patched
6. Re: Magicka Patched Jan 29, 2011, 02:47 Tomas

Slag it all you want, but even broken it's more fun than a lot of polished games. Sure, it sucks when games are released half-baked, but I've been having a blast playing it coop since day 2 (day 1 multiplayer was a pile of junk...haha).

Anyhow, coop has been fine for me since day 2, sure there's the occasional bug, but none of them have been a big deal for us. If you're afraid of bugs feel free to hold off, but unless you the sort who is unlucky and can't get it to work I don't expect you'll be that upset about the state of things.

News Comments > X: Terran Conflict Patches
10. Re: X: Terran Conflict Patches Oct 10, 2010, 03:02 Tomas

Terran Conflict is FAR easier to get going in than previous X games. I have enjoyed them all, though they are a far cry from most modern games. Expect some learning curve (the in game tutorials are...eh, not really good). I would highly suggest reading up a bit as mentioned in this thread. There is a lot of depth in the games, but if you aren't familiar it's more like an old school game where you needed a manual. Fun though. I can't believe how many hours I dumped into building my empire over and over. Also, the mods are fantastic. I can't play vanilla anymore after having so many amazing mods/plugin/scripts in my games.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Borderlands: Claptrap's Robot Revolution
15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands: Claptrap's Robot Revolution Sep 29, 2010, 09:27 Tomas

My tip for new players: Don't use any xp bonuses or grind at all. The game becomes less fun if you are higher level than the enemies (or get super amazing gear). Oh, and play with a group if possible. This game was made for multiplayer.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Borderlands: Claptrap's Robot Revolution
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands: Claptrap's Robot Revolution Sep 29, 2010, 00:57 Tomas

Depending on your network setup you might have some connection issues, though from what I've heard most are resolved now. The worst situation I've run into over the last few months is having to start a public game (just create, not really start) and then create a private game. That sometimes does something different with the ports or something and makes your game joinable if for some reason it is not. Loving the game so far. We're just working through the 3rd DLC and are excited for this new one. =)  

News Comments > Alpha Protocol Patched
22. Re: Alpha Protocol Patched Sep 15, 2010, 15:49 Tomas

I'll stand by my assertion that Alpha Protocol was six solid months away from being a classic. Even as is, with the bad design decisions that easily could have been fixed and the few niggling consolifications it's a really fun game. If you can get past the initial weirdness of the AI and combat then you might find a really fun game underneath the brutal reviews. I had a blast with it...but I sure do wish they'd fixed those few issues. Had they, I'm sure we'd be talking about how awesome the upcoming expansion is going to be instead of whether New Vegas is going to be garbage or not.

edit: no, there is not an expansion on the horizon. I wish there was...one that fixed those issues, but if wishes were...

News Comments > Dragon Age Witch Hunt DLC Released
16. Re: Dragon Age Witch Hunt DLC Released Sep 8, 2010, 02:53 Tomas

StingingVelvet wrote on Sep 8, 2010, 01:51:
I think 95% of "OMG THEY CUT IT OUT OF THE MAIN GAME" stuff is hyperbole and false, to be frank.

And yet, games like Mafia II dump out DLC days after release. I sort of agree, but I don't think it's even a stretch to say that for many games DLC content was just stuff they decided not to finish for the core game somewhere during development. Having been there I know how nice it is to just say, fine, let's cut that and release it later as a "patch," which these days means DLC. Only difference is now customers pay for it twice.

For me, the biggest issue I have with DLC is that one or two things almost always seem to happen. In most cases I have already become bored of the game because the DLC took so long to come out (which fights against the point I made above...sort of) and thus, when it does, I don't even care about it anymore. Making this even worse, the DLC is in many cases so meat-free (more guns for ME2 anyone? What the hell guys? Really? Buy guns for a game I already won weeks or months ago? Seriously?) to make me want to jump back into the game I finished months ago.

In the rare cases where the DLC has some meat, I think of it more as an expansion, and in these cases I'm happy. An example would be Borderlands (ok, Moxxi was an exception) where the DLC is cheap, has some actual value to those who still love the game, and actually is for a game that had some long term replayability.

When I finish a game in a day or two I rarely will even consider buying DLC unless it's got a LOT of new stuff. One more side quest, or a new armor...wow, you've got to be kidding.

News Comments > Arkham City Multiplayer?
11. Re: Arkham City Multiplayer? Sep 6, 2010, 18:17 Tomas

Interest in multiplayer at this point is about zero, but maybe they have some fancy ideas on what would make it compelling. Frankly I agree with the masses here. What's the point?  

News Comments > Mount & Blade Warband Patch, Sale
2. Re: Mount & Blade Warband Patch, Sale Aug 27, 2010, 00:02 Tomas

Single player has a boatload of changes and improvements. Lots more diplomacy, marriages, be a king, etc. For 10 bucks anyone into this sort of thing would be nuts not to pick it up. The mods alone will give dozens if not hundreds of hours of fun.  

News Comments > Metro 2033 Demo
18. Re: Metro 2033 Demo Aug 25, 2010, 18:06 Tomas

I quite enjoyed this. Picked it up off their site during that sale. Atmosphere is really good, and I enjoyed the filter mechanic and the other little changes that made it less run-of-the-mill.

Definitely worth picking up on sale, and maybe worth paying full if you have the money. I don't buy many games at full price these days. Guess I'm getting cheap. That, or I buy way too many games to buy them all at full price. Take your pick. =)

News Comments > Realtime Worlds Courting Buyers
3. Re: Realtime Worlds Courting Buyers Aug 19, 2010, 01:42 Tomas

If this game was free to play after purchase I would have bought it. Sure, they have the server costs...but that was their choice. When they had initially said it would be free to play I was all in. After they changed that plan...they lost me.  

News Comments > On Sale
15. Re: On Sale Aug 18, 2010, 02:17 Tomas

Borderlands is the most fun I've had in a co-op game in years. The main game for 10 bucks is a steal, while the DLC at 10 for the set is a great deal too. Sure, you COULD skip Moxxi's, but for 3 bucks you can't really go wrong. The bank is worth 3 bucks alone and if you play the arena thing once it was a cheap 2 hours. (The arena takes longer than that to finish, but if you play it only once and don't want to do it more it was still a good deal.)

The 5 limit on the one DLC doesn't really bug me. I plan to play it through to completion and then...not play it. If I get all hot and bothered I'll just grab the crack.

News Comments > Borderlands: Claptrap's New Robot Revolution Announced
12. Re: Borderlands: Claptrap's New Robot Revolution Announced Aug 12, 2010, 03:37 Tomas

Sweet. Dunno why this went under my interests radar (Borderlands), but as a coop-game it's been the most fun I've had in a long time. Glad there's still plenty new stuff ahead (we're not done with all the other DLC yet - steam sale ftw!)  

181 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo