Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tomas

Real Name Tomas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tomas
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 19, 2003, 07:19
Total Comments 186 (Novice)
User ID 16212

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Hitman: Absolution
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hitman: Absolution Nov 21, 2012, 05:54 Tomas

Oh, yeah, the door thing is super annoying. Even though I've passed through a number each time I still try to shut them.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Hitman: Absolution
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hitman: Absolution Nov 21, 2012, 01:58 Tomas

Only played the first two levels so far, but it's been fun. I played Bloodmoney (and one other Hitman title), but wouldn't consider myself a Hitman fanatic by any means. that said, I do love stealth games. I would consider myself a Thief and Deus Ex fanatic.

I had a horrible sound issue where I had no sound until it would suddenly come in hissing and crackling until it nearly blew my speakers (cat like reflexes saved the day and my ears as well) that was easily resolved after figuring out that it doesn't like my quadraphonic speaker setup (I know, I'm lame...they are old, but they sound really good...haha).

Anyhow, I can see the validity of the complaints we've been hearing about, but I'm also enjoying the game for what it is. The presentation is really solid so far, and so I'm trying to enjoy it as just a new stealth title. So far so good. I find that I enjoy just using my last save point a lot and trying various things out. The nice part is you get credit for doing things even if you don't finis the mission. For example, to get a sniper kill credit in a mission you can assassinate the target and then immediately after just restart your last checkpoint and continue on how you really wanted to do the mission, but you retain the credit for having done it the other way as well. This may become more complicated later on, but in the first few missions it has worked fine.

And for 29 bucks (GMG is awesome)...I'm pretty happy just playing around. =)

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed III
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed III Nov 21, 2012, 01:52 Tomas

This will be the first Ubi game I've purchased in a while (no, I didn't pirate others) thanks to them getting rid of their silly DRM. I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully the PC port is solid and all. I hear they fixed up a lot of the bugs so technically it should be a smoother release than the console ones.  

News Comments > Additional Borderlands 2 Classes Confirmed
20. Re: Additional Borderlands 2 Classes Confirmed Nov 12, 2012, 00:20 Tomas

Yeah...but that's pretty much the only thing you can use it for. I agree it would be really cool if you could use it at some crafting shop or something to apply new random results to gear or something. Maybe have Markus have quests for random guns to bring as well as eridium for which he makes you new custom guns or something. I dunno. Anything would be nice. =)  

News Comments > Additional Borderlands 2 Classes Confirmed
15. Re: Additional Borderlands 2 Classes Confirmed Nov 11, 2012, 23:01 Tomas

61 hours in and level 27. Playing mostly coop with 2-4 friends, but solo when nobody is around and I'm feeling the need to shoot some stuff. I'm finding that B2 is about on par with 1. It's a better PC version, clearly, and I'm glad the humor seems on par as well. The gear is definitely a bit hard to come by, but I think if you're in for the long haul, that's probably a good thing. So far we've not run into areas that are too hard to beat. I think we are for the most part over-levelled...which could come back to bite us on the second play through (which I really loved in B1).

The flow definitely changes, though, based on the difficulty of a given area. Sometimes you get into the run and beatdown mode where you don't even both to take cover or think, but then you hit some areas where the difficulty spikes and suddenly you need to start playing tactically again and trying to avoid just sucking up bullets. It's actually kind of fun that way, imo.

But yeah...I hate getting non elemental weapons because you feel like it's right off the bat an inferior weapon. Also, it's really frustrating to get crappy oranges...haha. It's quite disheartening to see the color string and race over only to find it's a piece of junk that nobody wants.

My other big complaint is that eridium is mostly useless. It used to be a super fun part of the game, where we were all excited when we collected it, but now I'm maxed out and it has actually affected part of the fun of the game. One of our guys actually quit over it. Silly, perhaps, but his point was that he doesn't have anything he's really working towards anymore so he's gone back to Diablo 3 of all things. Whether he has a good reason or not, I do wish Eridium had a point (I know there's a use for it at some point later which we haven't reached yet, but that isn't really enough a sufficient reason to collect it, especially not at this point - not to mention the 99 piece cap)

Anyhow, point of this giant blabberfest? I think the game is fun, and I'm really hoping that with each DLC (and hopefully some free ones in there as well?) that the game just grows and expands in good ways. It's great fun as is, but I can see a number of easy fixes to improve things.

News Comments > Battle.net Authenticator Class Action Suit
8. Re: Battle.net Authenticator Class Action Sui Nov 8, 2012, 22:51 Tomas

I get more Blizzard spam than any other type which is pretty impressive. That said, I find it rather ridiculous that I'm expected to buy a special device to protect my accounts. I can see it being necessary for WoW as it's an online only game, but for Diablo III that just doesn't make sense. I mean, I just want to play with my buddies on the LAN. Oh, wait...

So lame, obnoxious joking aside, I was pretty ticked when I saw all the account theft going on with D3, and when I was pretty much told to buy a device to secure my account that was kind of like getting kicked in the jimmy. I was under the impression that you couldn't use your cell phone for D3...did that change or was I just fed bad informatio

News Comments > BioShock Free on GameFly
4. Re: BioShock Free on GameFl Nov 8, 2012, 22:47 Tomas

Bioshock was pretty fantastic. I'm not sure why people wouldn't have picked up by now, though. It's been on sale for like a few bucks several times alread  

News Comments > The Old Republic Goes Free to Play Next Week
14. Re: The Old Republic Goes Free to Play Next Wee Nov 8, 2012, 22:47 Tomas

I've got to agree! What's going on? LO  

News Comments > Sleeping Dogs DLC
8. Re: Sleeping Dogs DLC Oct 31, 2012, 23:26 Tomas

Sleeping Dogs was great. I feel bad for people who didn't give it a try...sure there were/are some issues for some people (I don't have a problem with the FOV, but I understand how it affects some of you - still would love the option to change it...) but it's a fun game. I'm mostly curious how much content this Nightmare in North Point DLC has. The other DLC have been...less than appealing. I'm really excited for actual content though (not skins or extra money etc.)  

News Comments > Sleeping Dogs October DLC Details
8. Re: Sleeping Dogs October DLC Details Sep 21, 2012, 23:51 Tomas

Sleeping Dogs is one of the best games I've played this year. Seriously. If you're hating on it without playing it, you're being silly and obnoxious. Fun story, great voice acting, fun missions, I even like the racing (I usually hate racing games). It's pretty much everything I wished GTA IV had been. Yeah, I wish there was more content (steam says I put in 29 hours - it's not content light...I just wish I still had more main missions =), and frankly so far the DLC has been horrible, but that doesn't take away from it being a really fun single player experience. It's one of the only games I finished that I still am tempted to fire up here and there just to tinker about.

But yeah, don't play it and hate it. That makes tons of sense.

edit: added the steam hours part

News Comments > Neal Stephenson's Sword Fighting Kickstarter
16. Re: Neal Stephenson's Sword Fighting Kickstarter Jun 10, 2012, 21:34 Tomas

Flatline wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 19:21:
Yeah a motion control sword isn't enough. You need to track body positioning as well. And let's not forget that you swing your sword and your opponent blocks it, in game your sword bounces off the opponent's sword, in real life you keep swinging. Yeah sword control and all that, but it's going to be a large hurdle.

Exactly. This is the reason I can't really feel too optimistic about something like this being any good. Unless you're ok with the complete lack of physical response to what you're doing...then you're not going to be happy. And honestly, proper sword fighting requires that there is some sort of reactive force to your sword blows. I really don't see how you can have any real swordplay without that. At least not anything that resembles proper fighting.

Still, good luck to them. If somehow they pull off a fun title then I'll definitely check it out post launch. =)

News Comments > Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details
46. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 15, 2012, 03:48 Tomas

Why did I give in and buy this...

Error 37.

*sigh*

I knew full well this online requirement would piss me off and yet here I am.

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
6. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Apr 11, 2012, 01:03 Tomas

Absolutely loved darkstone back in the day. It was one of those titles I just picked up off a shelf without any real knowledge of how good it might be. Very glad I did. Played that in co-op for many, many long nights. Fantastic fun! Still have the box sitting on my shelf with other favorite titles from over the years.  

News Comments > More Diablo III Cuts
41. Re: More Diablo III Cuts Jan 28, 2012, 06:20 Tomas

Fibrocyte wrote on Jan 28, 2012, 05:14:
The pay pets in WoW are vanity only. The companion pet in D3 has a purpose and unless there's a free version of the same pet they likely won't make a paid version.

Blue is just wrong making such an absurd headline for this topic.

Maybe he's wrong, but he's mirroring the sentiments of what I'm assuming is a large group of people.

Regardless, I find the vanity pets offensive as well.

News Comments > More Diablo III Cuts
38. Re: More Diablo III Cuts Jan 28, 2012, 04:11 Tomas

I'm in the camp that believes the pets will show up as some sort of micro transaction goody. They already do it successfully in WoW, so why not in DIII?

"lol, look at that noob. He hasn't bought his $40 pet on the blizzard store yet, haha."

News Comments > Origin Expanding
27. Re: Origin Expanding Jan 24, 2012, 18:15 Tomas

I won't touch Origin with a ten foot pole, but I'm hoping they do improve and give Steam some real competition. It could only do good for the industry. I'm surprised at how slowly Valve has expanded and improved Steam. There are still horrid bugs that have existed since near the beginning in Steam as well as a great host of issues that ought to have been addressed already.  

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Catalyst Drivers
9. Re: New AMD/ATI Catalyst Drivers Dec 14, 2011, 03:24 Tomas

Jerykk wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 01:12:
I really see no reason to buy another ATI card when I next upgrade.

The funny thing is that every time I buy AMD/ATi I think this same thing. The funnier thing is that every time I buy nVidia I think the same thing, but about nVidia, instead. In the end I've realized that it isn't one that is necessarily better than the other, but rather specific cards which are just more stable and "better" than others. It's like tossing out one set of problems only to inherit another, equally as frustrating set.

News Comments > Battle.net Balance Coming
2. Re: Battle.net Balance Coming Dec 9, 2011, 22:33 Tomas

I remember when I used to put Valve and Blizzard in the same category. These days I won't touch anything made by Blizzard with a ten-foot pole. As much as I hate even Valve's DRM, at least I don't feel like their trying to screw me at every turn.  

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
5. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Oct 17, 2011, 02:04 Tomas

It's too bad the graphics overhaul stuff never pans out. I'd love to replay this with updated graphics and all the latest patch bits. I've recently installed it again, but with so many games to play I've not given it another run.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution: The Missing Link Next Week; Price Details
20. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution: The Missing Link Next Week; Price Details Oct 13, 2011, 20:10 Tomas

10 bucks would have made it a maybe on my list. 15 just takes it right off. Would love to play it, but not for more than half of what I paid for the core game (28 on GMG). This is definitely milking the fanbase and I find it kind of offensive to be honest. If they're trying to undo the goodwill that they'd begun to engender, then this is a great way to accomplish such a goal.  

186 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo