Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tomas

Real Name Tomas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tomas
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 19, 2003, 07:19
Total Comments 181 (Novice)
User ID 16212

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Battle.net Authenticator Class Action Suit
8. Re: Battle.net Authenticator Class Action Sui Nov 8, 2012, 22:51 Tomas

I get more Blizzard spam than any other type which is pretty impressive. That said, I find it rather ridiculous that I'm expected to buy a special device to protect my accounts. I can see it being necessary for WoW as it's an online only game, but for Diablo III that just doesn't make sense. I mean, I just want to play with my buddies on the LAN. Oh, wait...

So lame, obnoxious joking aside, I was pretty ticked when I saw all the account theft going on with D3, and when I was pretty much told to buy a device to secure my account that was kind of like getting kicked in the jimmy. I was under the impression that you couldn't use your cell phone for D3...did that change or was I just fed bad informatio

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BioShock Free on GameFly
4. Re: BioShock Free on GameFl Nov 8, 2012, 22:47 Tomas

Bioshock was pretty fantastic. I'm not sure why people wouldn't have picked up by now, though. It's been on sale for like a few bucks several times alread  

News Comments > The Old Republic Goes Free to Play Next Week
14. Re: The Old Republic Goes Free to Play Next Wee Nov 8, 2012, 22:47 Tomas

I've got to agree! What's going on? LO  

News Comments > Sleeping Dogs DLC
8. Re: Sleeping Dogs DLC Oct 31, 2012, 23:26 Tomas

Sleeping Dogs was great. I feel bad for people who didn't give it a try...sure there were/are some issues for some people (I don't have a problem with the FOV, but I understand how it affects some of you - still would love the option to change it...) but it's a fun game. I'm mostly curious how much content this Nightmare in North Point DLC has. The other DLC have been...less than appealing. I'm really excited for actual content though (not skins or extra money etc.)  

News Comments > Sleeping Dogs October DLC Details
8. Re: Sleeping Dogs October DLC Details Sep 21, 2012, 23:51 Tomas

Sleeping Dogs is one of the best games I've played this year. Seriously. If you're hating on it without playing it, you're being silly and obnoxious. Fun story, great voice acting, fun missions, I even like the racing (I usually hate racing games). It's pretty much everything I wished GTA IV had been. Yeah, I wish there was more content (steam says I put in 29 hours - it's not content light...I just wish I still had more main missions =), and frankly so far the DLC has been horrible, but that doesn't take away from it being a really fun single player experience. It's one of the only games I finished that I still am tempted to fire up here and there just to tinker about.

But yeah, don't play it and hate it. That makes tons of sense.

edit: added the steam hours part

News Comments > Neal Stephenson's Sword Fighting Kickstarter
16. Re: Neal Stephenson's Sword Fighting Kickstarter Jun 10, 2012, 21:34 Tomas

Flatline wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 19:21:
Yeah a motion control sword isn't enough. You need to track body positioning as well. And let's not forget that you swing your sword and your opponent blocks it, in game your sword bounces off the opponent's sword, in real life you keep swinging. Yeah sword control and all that, but it's going to be a large hurdle.

Exactly. This is the reason I can't really feel too optimistic about something like this being any good. Unless you're ok with the complete lack of physical response to what you're doing...then you're not going to be happy. And honestly, proper sword fighting requires that there is some sort of reactive force to your sword blows. I really don't see how you can have any real swordplay without that. At least not anything that resembles proper fighting.

Still, good luck to them. If somehow they pull off a fun title then I'll definitely check it out post launch. =)

News Comments > Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details
46. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 15, 2012, 03:48 Tomas

Why did I give in and buy this...

Error 37.

*sigh*

I knew full well this online requirement would piss me off and yet here I am.

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
6. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Apr 11, 2012, 01:03 Tomas

Absolutely loved darkstone back in the day. It was one of those titles I just picked up off a shelf without any real knowledge of how good it might be. Very glad I did. Played that in co-op for many, many long nights. Fantastic fun! Still have the box sitting on my shelf with other favorite titles from over the years.  

News Comments > More Diablo III Cuts
41. Re: More Diablo III Cuts Jan 28, 2012, 06:20 Tomas

Fibrocyte wrote on Jan 28, 2012, 05:14:
The pay pets in WoW are vanity only. The companion pet in D3 has a purpose and unless there's a free version of the same pet they likely won't make a paid version.

Blue is just wrong making such an absurd headline for this topic.

Maybe he's wrong, but he's mirroring the sentiments of what I'm assuming is a large group of people.

Regardless, I find the vanity pets offensive as well.

News Comments > More Diablo III Cuts
38. Re: More Diablo III Cuts Jan 28, 2012, 04:11 Tomas

I'm in the camp that believes the pets will show up as some sort of micro transaction goody. They already do it successfully in WoW, so why not in DIII?

"lol, look at that noob. He hasn't bought his $40 pet on the blizzard store yet, haha."

News Comments > Origin Expanding
27. Re: Origin Expanding Jan 24, 2012, 18:15 Tomas

I won't touch Origin with a ten foot pole, but I'm hoping they do improve and give Steam some real competition. It could only do good for the industry. I'm surprised at how slowly Valve has expanded and improved Steam. There are still horrid bugs that have existed since near the beginning in Steam as well as a great host of issues that ought to have been addressed already.  

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Catalyst Drivers
9. Re: New AMD/ATI Catalyst Drivers Dec 14, 2011, 03:24 Tomas

Jerykk wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 01:12:
I really see no reason to buy another ATI card when I next upgrade.

The funny thing is that every time I buy AMD/ATi I think this same thing. The funnier thing is that every time I buy nVidia I think the same thing, but about nVidia, instead. In the end I've realized that it isn't one that is necessarily better than the other, but rather specific cards which are just more stable and "better" than others. It's like tossing out one set of problems only to inherit another, equally as frustrating set.

News Comments > Battle.net Balance Coming
2. Re: Battle.net Balance Coming Dec 9, 2011, 22:33 Tomas

I remember when I used to put Valve and Blizzard in the same category. These days I won't touch anything made by Blizzard with a ten-foot pole. As much as I hate even Valve's DRM, at least I don't feel like their trying to screw me at every turn.  

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
5. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Oct 17, 2011, 02:04 Tomas

It's too bad the graphics overhaul stuff never pans out. I'd love to replay this with updated graphics and all the latest patch bits. I've recently installed it again, but with so many games to play I've not given it another run.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution: The Missing Link Next Week; Price Details
20. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution: The Missing Link Next Week; Price Details Oct 13, 2011, 20:10 Tomas

10 bucks would have made it a maybe on my list. 15 just takes it right off. Would love to play it, but not for more than half of what I paid for the core game (28 on GMG). This is definitely milking the fanbase and I find it kind of offensive to be honest. If they're trying to undo the goodwill that they'd begun to engender, then this is a great way to accomplish such a goal.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham City Still Using GFWL
25. Re: Batman: Arkham City Still Using GFWL Aug 30, 2011, 18:37 Tomas

So can I have my money back then? Ugh. I hate to jump on the GFWL hate wagon, but I've had enough issues with it to not want to see what happens with Batman:AC. Hopefully it'll be more or less transparent as has sometimes been the case.  

News Comments > Why Minecraft Isn't On Steam
18. Re: Why Minecraft Isn't On Steam Aug 30, 2011, 01:01 Tomas

A thought on why Valve has their new policy.

Release free to play game on Steam. Make money off micro transactions and or DLC not sold via Steam. Steam foots the bill for serving up the data and everyting else that comes in the package (free advertising to its users, etc.) Now since the company using steam can handle all the money stuff on their own Valve gets nothing for providing the service. Not really hard to see why they don't want to do this.

That probably isn't the only issue here, but I'm sure it was one that came into the thought process.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Special Message" Tomorrow
66. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 22:09 Tomas

Alamar wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 21:03:
I heard about, but didn't see the options for changing FOV...

As for the yellow... haven't noticed it...

-Alamar

It's under gameplay, if I remember correctly. I personally waffle between highlighting on and off.

News Comments > No Home Dedicated Servers for Battlefield 3
8. Re: No Home Dedicated Servers for Battlefield 3 Aug 24, 2011, 18:43 Tomas

Congrats guys - you're now on my don't buy list. I don't care about your excuses. I don't give a damn about your ranked servers. I just want to host my own server, and not one that is limited by where you say I can host it. I can't believe MW3 actually is sounding like the lesser of two assholes right now. Yes, I'm pissed. I miss the days where gamers were valued customers instead of afterthoughts. You now fit nicely saddled between Ubi and their ridiculous DRM and Blizzard's offensively obnoxious money grabs. Thankfully there are some developers/publishers that have managed to keep their heads out of their asses.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Steam Preloads
53. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Steam Preloads Aug 20, 2011, 22:53 Tomas

necrosis wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 18:57:
the_culture wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 13:03:
I got the game early and so far I'm not impressed. **SPOILERS**
Surprised Blue hasten nuked this post.

Blue noted he has limited access for the weekend. Could be the reason, though I'm not sure what his nuking policy is on things of that nature.

181 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo