Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Grandmaster Demonlord Toadeater

Real Name Grandmaster Demonlord Toadeater   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2003, 11:24
Total Comments 277 (Amateur)
User ID 16177

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
59. Re: OFP Dragon Rising Out Oct 7, 2009, 03:47 Grandmaster Demonlord Toadeater

I am so sick of hearing consoles vs pc argument.

It's not an argument, it's a statement of fact: console ports are what is limiting PC gaming today. This game is another example of a PC franchise castrated by inadequate console hardware and controllers. The gratuitous limitations and UI deficiencies of this game were imposed solely because of console requirements, this game could have been a masterpiece if it was tweaked for PCs.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Raven Squad
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Raven Squad Aug 22, 2009, 01:12 Grandmaster Demonlord Toadeater

12 awesome levels of intense hot jungle action

I feel dirty.

News Comments > Scott Miller: 3D Realms' "Future is Fine"
6. Re: Scott Miller: 3D Realms' Aug 22, 2009, 01:09 Grandmaster Demonlord Toadeater

I miss the BBSing days sometimes. Used to co-run one with a good buddy out in Vancouver back in the day - Stonehenge BBS. A lot of those door games (LORD, TW, et al). were awesome. And the precursor to the net with mail systems like FIDOnet and such.

Yeah, I used to play those old BBS door games. Even if they were simple, they were the original MMOs, or MUDs at least. I remember FIDOnet too. In the US they also had this pre-internet modem gaming network for games like Doom and Duke Nukem, I can't remember the name of it.

I still miss that dialing/connect sound sometimes. Actually, I'd love to have that as ringtone for my cell, that'd be sweet!

There are sites for making your own ringtones apparently, I'm not sure how legit they are. Here's a modem connect sample you can edit and use:

http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=19036

News Comments > On Game Ports
10. Re: On Game Ports Aug 19, 2009, 00:42 Grandmaster Demonlord Toadeater

Yeah damn those console gamers and their dumbening of everything!

It is a fact that console gamers are younger (and therefore dumber) on average than PC gamers. Publishers sell the same dumbed-down product to kids and adults. It's like trying to sell children's clothing to adults. Yeah, ok a COBRA t-shirt is still cool (the movie sucked), there are always exceptions. But overall, the effect console games have had on gaming has not been positive.

News Comments > Manual ARMA II Patch
13. Re: Manual ARMA II Patch Aug 6, 2009, 17:51 Grandmaster Demonlord Toadeater

I REALLY want to like this game, but just like Operation Flashpoint it fails miserably even with all these patches.

Maybe Codemasters won't make the same mistakes BIS did. OFP 2 looks pretty good.

News Comments > ARMA II Diary Movie
3. Re: ARMA II Diary Movie Jul 17, 2009, 00:40 Grandmaster Demonlord Toadeater

I thought this was supposed to be about the mission editor, but 90% of it is spent talking about combat tactics.  

News Comments > RAGE Info Incoming
18. Re: RAGE Info Incoming Jul 12, 2009, 01:37 Grandmaster Demonlord Toadeater

I am so fucking tired of D&D, Space Marines and WW2!

I am tired of console ports masquerading as PC games.

News Comments > Legal Briefs
1. Re: Legal Briefs Dec 21, 2008, 18:13 Grandmaster Demonlord Toadeater

All hail Xenu.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Movie
2. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Movie Dec 21, 2008, 18:11 Grandmaster Demonlord Toadeater

They've got a guy named Duncan in it. That's like a prerequisite for medieval RPGs.  

News Comments > EA Lowers Outlook, Plans Cuts
11. Re: EA Lowers Outlook, Plans cuts Dec 9, 2008, 22:21 Grandmaster Demonlord Toadeater

This is bad news for investors, and worse news for gamers and some EA employees

It's not bad news for gamers at least.

News Comments > Combat Mission Shock Force - Marines Announced
7. Re: Preemptive? May 28, 2008, 20:42 Grandmaster Demonlord Toadeater

The urban combat is very tedious. Stryker brigades weren't meant for the kinds of missions they had them doing in the campaign. It's not much fun pumping endless amounts of machine gun ammo at a building for it to not have any effect on the target inside.

There's a user-made Bradley campaign which is more fun than the Stryker missions. Much more armor-oriented stuff, and the Syrians get lots of ATGMs. Look for it in the Battlefront forum or CMMods.

News Comments > The Games as Art Debate
12. No subject Apr 16, 2008, 01:26 Grandmaster Demonlord Toadeater

It's a fluff piece from NPR. Fuck 'em.

News Comments > Theatre of War Movie
1. Buildings Apr 15, 2008, 23:01 Grandmaster Demonlord Toadeater

Are buildings/bunkers usable in this version? I refuse to play a WW2 game without usable buildings! That takes all the fun out of it. Who the hell wants to sit around shooting at a trench? That's WW1, not WW2!

News Comments > General British Interview
4. Britadelic Nov 4, 2007, 01:01 Grandmaster Demonlord Toadeater

In that new outfit he looks like he could be the keyboard player for Parliament.

http://www.morethings.com/music/george_clinton-parliament/pictures/george_bootsy.jpg

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 01:02.

News Comments > More Hellgate: London Subscriber Details
25. Christian Mythology Oct 30, 2007, 01:49 Grandmaster Demonlord Toadeater

I can no longer take Judeo-Christian themes seriously, even in gaming.

Demons? Crusaders? Apocalypse? We've got worse things to worry about: religious nuts!

News Comments > Evening Q&As
1. Templars in Conan? Oct 30, 2007, 01:34 Grandmaster Demonlord Toadeater

Now look, you can have Templars in the future, named in honor of the Templars, but you can't have them 10,000 years BEFORE they ever existed!

They don't even resemble Templars. No armor, no outrageous French accents. Well, at least they have included the Baphomet worship apparently.

News Comments > More Bungie Rumors
11. No subject Oct 3, 2007, 01:52 Grandmaster Demonlord Toadeater

If they do split, they could end up making LESS money. Perhaps not a good business move.

Perhaps they will make MORE money? Under Microsoft, they were paid a set fee, perhaps with some profit-sharing options. On their own the options are limitless. Do you think Bungie is going to have a hard time getting another publisher?

News Comments > Intel to Wreak Havok
11. No subject Sep 15, 2007, 20:04 Grandmaster Demonlord Toadeater

Just be glad it wasn't Microsoft.

News Comments > Crysis DirectX 9 & 10 MP Performance
91. No subject Sep 14, 2007, 19:56 Grandmaster Demonlord Toadeater

This makes no sense whatsoever. What does DX10 have to do with physics or server load?

In any case, I will be playing the DX9 version, because not even Crysis is worth Vista and the current generation of overpriced, overheated DX10 cards.

News Comments > Dead Space Revealed
12. No subject Sep 14, 2007, 19:53 Grandmaster Demonlord Toadeater

More EA crap.

277 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo