Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steve

Real Name Steve   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WebDemon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 15, 2003, 07:44
Total Comments 769 (Graduate)
User ID 16170

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: No subject Mar 8, 2007, 09:19 WebDemon

Anybody else get the distinct impression that the PS3 probably shouldn't have been launched for at least another 6 - 8 months yet?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Test Drive Unlimited Problems Follow-up
9. No subject Mar 8, 2007, 09:15 WebDemon

Although their game may suck, and it DOES suck, they did alright on this in my book. On the other hand there's STILL major issues with the console version and it was released almost 6 months ago so...

This comment was edited on Mar 8, 09:16.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Statue Mar 7, 2007, 19:43 WebDemon

LOL! That's in Glasgow. I see it when I go to visit my Gran.
They've been trying to stop this for years before some dolt breaks his neck putting the cone up there but every morning, there it is again. There's actually 2 or 3 other statues in the area that get the "pokey hat" treatment but this one is the preferred target.

News Comments > Test Drive Unlimited Download Problems
4. No subject Mar 7, 2007, 19:33 WebDemon

This game sucked on the 360.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Vista Geometry Wars & Demo
15. No subject Mar 7, 2007, 19:30 WebDemon

Shame it's Vista, Geo wars is a blast.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. No subject Mar 5, 2007, 01:27 WebDemon

Jesus Christ, what kind of perks did they get from MS for THAT? Horseshit, I'll hang onto XP for quite some time yet thank you very much.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. No subject Mar 2, 2007, 16:26 WebDemon

Wow! Somebody actually got banned? That's a pretty impressive feat around here. There have been some SPECTACULAR nitwits over the years, but I don't think anybody ever got the formal boot. Blue's pretty even handed that way.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Smooth Move Mar 2, 2007, 15:50 WebDemon

So let me get this straight, even when Sony has good news, it manages to generate a ton of bad press. Nice.
If the rumor pans out though, it may not be such good news.
It seems Playstation Home sounds like a copy of XBOX Live and achievements but called entitlements instead with some Mii's stolen from Nintendo for good measure.
Christ, now rumble's back too? I thought that was "so last gen" not 3 or 4 days ago. I almost feel sorry for Sony because regardless of how it sells, short of curing cancer, PS3 is always going to be ridiculed.
Are Chimps running Sony? Is Ashton Kutcher going to come out at GDC and tell everybody that they've been punked and that the REAL PS3 will be out in May?

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: PC Mod Scene In Trouble Feb 25, 2007, 12:55 WebDemon

"As a lifelong PC-only gamer it's clear that the price/performance/value curve increasingly swings toward consoles."

I could agree more. After 20 years of gaming on PC's I jumped into the console pool with a 360 last year. Mainly because I'm in need of a whole new gaming rig from the ground up and didn't want to spen the cash until the whole DX10/Vista gaming thing worked out. I'm having a blast with the 360, but I sorely miss the depth of PC games. I'll upgrade and be back into it this year but sadly, I can see PC gaming slowly but surely become a niche market. Not right away, but I'd say that the next generation of consoles after this one just might do it because DAMN, games look purrty on a 60 inch HDTV in 1080i

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Man sues IBM over chat room firing Feb 18, 2007, 12:25 WebDemon

The whole PTSD excuse is lame as hell, but it'll probably be effective. My bigger concern here is, who the fuck ratted him out? What's wrong with people? I mean do you really need to be such a fucking apple polisher that you run off to tattle to the boss because you saw something "against the rules" on a co-worker's computer screen? I worked in a place where the rest of the employees would make an example out of ass kissers like that. Nothing worse than going to a job where everybody hates you I'd imagine.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. No subject Feb 17, 2007, 00:18 WebDemon

Oh yeah, sure. They'll beat those pesky pirates alright.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Ofcourse it's bullshit Feb 15, 2007, 23:23 WebDemon

Microsoft is probably fucking shocked that Vista ain't exactly flying off the shelves. THEY might of thought it was going to huge but the we didn't go for it like we did in the heady days of the Windows 95 release. Question is, will they force a lot of gamers' hands when the DX10 only games start to ship or will the devs suffer because of an attempt at a forced upgrade?

News Comments > New Battlefield 2 Project Reality
16. No subject Feb 11, 2007, 12:15 WebDemon

I haven't played BF2 since July. Got tired of bugs and Karkland.

2. Re: Just Cause 2 Jan 25, 2007, 01:26 WebDemon

Now THAT's funny. Just Cause sucked.

News Comments > Battlestations: Midway Demo Friday
8. No subject Jan 25, 2007, 01:22 WebDemon

"what would it take? enough of the normal folks to raise hell? this shit is getting annoying... "

No, you know what's getting annoying? Some fucking noob who posts the same shit over and over in his little pissing contest with another fucking noob. Knock it it off, nobody gives a shit.

3. Crackdown Jan 23, 2007, 23:25 WebDemon

Crackdown is some fun. I'm glad the Halo 3 beta wasn't a ploy to move a crappy game.

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 23:25.

News Comments > Battlestations: Midway Demo Friday
4. No subject Jan 23, 2007, 23:23 WebDemon

The online demo was great on the 360. Nice mix of strategy and shooter. Matches are only ever good when everybody knows what they're doing. I'm finding the noobs and kids have abandoned it already so the the competition on Live's been pretty good. Might be a tad simple for the PC though.

News Comments > New Microsoft Train Simulator
8. Re: No subject Jan 20, 2007, 01:30 WebDemon

" Ive been waiting for a train simulation for a long time. Glad uncle billy can deliver on this one,"

Ummm, there's already been several.

News Comments > BioWare Episodes
11. No subject Jan 19, 2007, 01:09 WebDemon

Great, and gaming turns yet another corner in becoming a nickle and dime you to death enterprise. Oh well, I've enjoyed the last 25 years.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
6. iPhone Jan 11, 2007, 10:09 WebDemon

Gotta say that I'm disappointed BIG TIME with this thing. I'm the furthest thing from a Machead you'd ever want to meet, but I love their design. I've had 3 iPods since they came out, and was looking forward to something special here. Instead we got this. A VERY boner inspiring phone it is but, no Wifi sync with the computer? no Viop, 8 gig? no G3?, no GPS?. Jesus, this thing is just an iPod that can makes calls, barely. Locked to one carrier was stupid too. This phone was a slam dunk for me to buy when the rumors first started flying around and when I finally laid eyes on it, I was sold and reaching for my credit card, and then Jobs belted out the specs. Damn. Maybe in a generation or 2 but not like this. Lets have it with a swappable battery because 8 hours aint gonna do it, uncrippled WiFi so I can use my City's FREE city-wide broadband WiFi, Voip, AT LEAST 20 gig of storage, and for God's sake put a decent camera in it. With the lessons Apple has learned with the iPod and watching cell phones play out for so long before getting their feet wet, I'd expected "the Jesus phone" and instead I got an inanimate carbon rod. Maybe I'm just learning what Mac folk have known for years. Love, worship it, but prepare to be disappointed in it. At least until it goes through a few cycles first. Maybe things will change in the next 6 months but knowing Apple, not likely. $600 U.S. is a little pricey for what it DOES do.

769 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo