Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steve

Real Name Steve   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WebDemon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 15, 2003, 07:44
Total Comments 769 (Graduate)
User ID 16170

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Evil Genius Demo
22. No subject Aug 30, 2004, 18:28 WebDemon

It was fun but I'd like to have seen a little more like starting a research lab or using boobie traps. It's got potential though. This normally isn't my thing but it kind of reminds me of a warped Sims.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Half-Life 2 = Fool's Gold
17. No subject Aug 28, 2004, 12:57 WebDemon

Gabe probably ate somebody's baby and this is just revenge.
He better hope this game is the be all, end all of games because if the hype machine hits something at the speed it's moving at... POW.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
42. Re: Retro-Encabulators are junk Aug 27, 2004, 13:10 WebDemon

"The last one I owned, the delapelator valve would keep sticking on the damn thing."

Yeah I had the same problem with mine but it was fixed easily enough by replacing the bi-lateral morphomonic supports under the electrodihedral plasma switches with a simple off the shelf non-heliostatic support and keeping the the hypoblastemic gympsensaddle bearings lubricated with kittens.

71. What a day Aug 25, 2004, 19:58 WebDemon

First thing this morning I'm sitting in a meeting and all of a sudden there's cops and sirens and helicopters and running people everywhere outside at the train station which is across the street from us. We're on the 8th floor. So we're all standing at the window going WTF? When somebody spots a guy holding a woman hostage with a sawed off in front of the station. Just standing there with the gun to her head. This is just after 8 this morning Toronto time so there's loads of people everywhere because it's rush hour and the Station is packed with commuters. More and more cops keep showing up and they're all trained on this asshat with the shotgun. By this time the whole office is at the window watching it all happen. It was like a movie almost but there was this sick feeling in the pit of your stomach. So like a half hour/40 mintues goes by with this nut holding tons of cops and what looked like a negotiator at bay with this poor woman when he just kind of shifted his weight back a little and...
BANG. And I mean BANG, loud enough to rattle the windows BANG and the guy drops like a sack of shit in a small pink cloud right onto what just got blown all over the sidewalk. Police sniper topped him off from the next building over. Cops all rush in, grab the woman and spirit her away while the rest flip Mr. MushyHead over and cuff his now brainless ass. Dead silence in the office. Always cool to see in the movies but now that I've seen it first hand, NOT cool to see for real. I feel more sorry for the poor bugger that had to put him down. As much as I hate to admit it, our cops did good up here today. Still, something unnerving about watching a guy have his lights turned out by a sniper like that. On the up side we got outta work early!.

2. Holy Crap! Aug 24, 2004, 01:59 WebDemon

Jeez Blue, 1:24am? That's the earliest update yet! It's barely even Tuesday. Thanks, now go to bed for god's sake.

24. Re: No subject Aug 22, 2004, 19:35 WebDemon

"War criticism? Leukemia caused by DU ammo? References to Z-Magazine? It's like a small age of enlightenment! And really too good to last"

I gotta agree here.

23. Quake 3 Aug 22, 2004, 19:30 WebDemon

Hmm Quake 3 or Pussy? Hmmmm let me se now...

Jesus Christ, I was adicted to quake and quake 2 and bad as the next guy(Absolute Rail Gun GOD in Q2 if I do say so) but never so bad that I'd choose it over getting laid. The guy is a lawyer though so that explains a lot.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
8. Re: Music Download Lawsuits Aug 22, 2004, 18:56 WebDemon

I've said it once and I'll say it again. To the music industry, Your right to Fair Use is merely your right to hire a lawyer. Boy, the RIAA suing a few thouand Americans is really going to put an end to the Worldwide scouge of file sharing isn't it? The courts up here told the record companies to take a flying leap ages ago because up here, we still have a little thing called privacy. That and hidden tariffs on everything from blank CD's to hard drives and Ipods.

Halsey's 100% right, and I'm in the same boat. Over the last 20 years I replaced a rather sizable vinyl collection with CD's, now my CD's are all MP3's on my comp, iPod, car, ect. I won't be buying all MY music yet again period end of story. I also DL and listen to EVERYTHING before I fork over for it. That creates a huge income hole for the record intustry becuase now instead of sheep blindly buying new albums as they come out, they have informed consumers to deal with and with the amount of pure shit recorded these days, the old business model doesn't fit anymore. They killed the CD single years ago becuase more often than not, the single outsold the album. Not a good thing when you only get $3 for a single but you can get $18-$20 for the whole album. Fuck 'em they're reaping what they sowed for decades, let 'em burn.

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 19:06.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Marine Heavy Gunner: Vietnam
21. No subject Aug 18, 2004, 01:29 WebDemon

First we're apologizing for Bryan Adams, then Sea-Lion Dion, Tom Green, now Groove Games. They're actually like 4 blocks from my place, I think I'll go burn them down tonight. Once again, Canada is sincerely sorry for this game.

Sincerely,
The Canadian Minister of Games and Gaming Affairs

Support U.N Resolution 901a. The non-proliferation of shitty games act.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Dialogue Leak?
3. WOW! Aug 17, 2004, 00:44 WebDemon

**sniff** **sniff** I smell a delay coming on. What's next? Gabe ate the source code?

News Comments > MoH: Pacific Assault Delayed
27. Re: No subject Aug 7, 2004, 19:25 WebDemon

Please... 'nuff said. EA couldn't do anything creative if it's very life depended on it. They are nothing but a publisher, ie:sticky fingered middle man.

24. No subject Aug 7, 2004, 14:12 WebDemon

It's not so much the delay that people are bitching or pointing and laughing about. It's the obvious attempt to add a feature from another upcoming game but try to make it sound like the community gave them the idea through feedback that makes it funny.

11. No subject Aug 7, 2004, 02:18 WebDemon

Yeah Brothers in Arms DOES look cool, and EA shit themselves when they got a look at it. I'm SURE the just decided that this would be a good thing to add. Ahhh you gotta love feature creep when a game starts to fall behind while still in development.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Yahoo Sued Aug 6, 2004, 14:19 WebDemon

This lawyer is an example of somebody who's decided he's going to get back at everybody who every called him names growing up. Name calling?! He'll get his ass handed to him by any judge he lays this in front of.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. No subject Aug 5, 2004, 03:46 WebDemon

Bottom line on all of this is that you're dealing with an industry (RIAA/MPAA) who's concept of fair use is your right to hire a lawyer.

News Comments > Carmack on DOOM 3 & Q3A OpenSource
98. No subject Aug 5, 2004, 03:40 WebDemon

Is it me or has no one else noticed that the weapons don't throw light when they fire? The Rockets, BFG, Plasma Gun, nothing emits light. Now to me, a giant green ball of energy or a rocket flying through a hallway would tend to light the area up as it travels no? It's a little thing, but at big one at the same time.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DOOM 3
197. Re: No subject Aug 3, 2004, 21:01 WebDemon

I dunno, but I enjoyed Unreal II a little. Ran great for me and it was something new to play for a while. Aside of that I haven't played it since I finished it. I don't hate it to the extent that some here do. What I'm saying is D3 will stand on the merits of the engine and what will be created with it, not for the game Doom3. What do you thin HL2 will be? Ground breaking? I think not. Another engine with a game attached to it. It'll be good, but the mods will carry it.

195. No subject Aug 3, 2004, 20:45 WebDemon

OK. Just finished it. Like I posted before, this is almost exactly the same game I played a decade ago with a graphics makeover. This engine is a thing to behold, magnificent. Gameplay itself, well, been there a thousand times done that a thousand times but we've all kinda known all along that nothing except the Graphics were going to raise the bar with this game. If you were expecting different, then you are a fool. It didn't suck, it was Doom, just better. This sound is PERFECT in 6.1. The multiplayer is almost a little Q2-ish. I kind of like it but you can't have bigger matches. Maybe this will change as the Mods start to come and things are tweaked and played with. To say this is a bigger waste of time than Painkiller is laughable, like I said, if you were expecting revolutionary gameplay then you're wearing your helmet too tight. It's an engine with a game in it, about what I expected. It was good, I enjoyed it, I'm playin' it through again.

RATING:8.5 and the bulk of that is for GFX and sound

News Comments > American McGee & Romero
15. No subject Aug 3, 2004, 13:12 WebDemon

John Romero is at Midway now, and he was full of his own shit for a while but it's kind of hard not to be when you're that young with that much money to play with.

As for George A Romero... The king of the Zombie flick bar none. Danny Boyle couldn't have made 28 Days Later half as good as it was if it wasn't for Romero's movies.

61. No subject Aug 3, 2004, 13:04 WebDemon

Look and plays great but it's too DARK. I'm sure the mosters would look awsome if you could see them half the time.

769 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo